Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Retrained and Reforged (Tempest)

[member="Tempest"]

"Agreed!" Siobhan said jovially, giving Tempest's butt a fond squeeze as they left the room. In a couple minutes, the dead slaver would fill a Yazgid's belly. So they returned to the armoury and Siobhan walked over to the bench on which her beskar'gam lay.

"I love the suit and it's served me very well, but it's pretty battered now. The armour plating could use a boost to provide better protection. Moreover, I'm not a Mandalorian, so I don't want to look like one. So I'd like to salvage the beskar and construct a new suit. Something that's more Eldorai-looking. Like the old war queens. Perhaps with a couple additional special features."

Tempest

Storm of the Force
[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]
Tempest ran her hand over the armour. Beskar or no, it was supremely battered.
“What did you have in mind for special features? We should be able to remake the Beskar plates into a new suit. I’m guessing we want it to be sealed, right? That’s not hard, and maybe a better HUD too. I know the one in mine is pretty basic.”

She paused. “Should I go get mine and we can remake mine too?”

[member="Tempest"]

"Yes, definitely fully sealed. Saves you using the Force to protect yourself against gas," Siobhan responded. That was a bit obvious. "Upgrading the HUD's a good idea, too. A Multi-Frequency Targeting and Acquisition System and and a Multi-spectral target assessor would be helpful, too. We can also integrate the comm device Corellia Digital made for the Coalition. It's wrist-worn, but can connect through the helmet. And we use the encryption device they made for Firemane," Siobhan said.

"Keep the retractable blade and the wrist flamer. We replace the common jetpack with HK's jet wings. Better protection against electricity would no go amiss either," She seemed to have gotten a bit carried away and only now seemed to notice that Tempest had asked her a question. So she gave the Dahomian a nod. "Yes, go get yours. We can make it shinier, too."

Tempest

Storm of the Force
“Good thinking!” Tempest said as Siobhan went through her wishlist. “The other thing we need it to have is maglock boots. I’ve had problems because the boots in mine don’t properly magnetise.”

She hustled off, and returned a little while later wearing her suit. It was better doing that than hauling it around! Hers was less battered, but still had considerable wear.
“Should also get a translation unit built into the helmet. That’s handy.”

[member="Tempest"]

The armour looked good on her Dahomian amazon. It would look even better once it resembled the outfit of an Eldorai warrior princess! "Agreed. An energy shield might be a good idea, too. ArmaTech makes a couple fancy ones. I believe the Paragon is very nice. I purchased a few to test them out."

She looked thoughtful for a moment. Power armour liner would also be a good idea. It could protect vital parts such as the neck from kinetic damage. "We could work with Force imbuement to make the suits more resistant to certain Force powers, but we don't have an alchemist handy, so we'll just have to deal the old fashioned way."

Tempest

Storm of the Force
Tempest, Warrior Princess. It had a ring to it, no doubt. On the other hand she wasn’t keen for anything which made her armour less effective.
“Those shields sound good. I reckon we could do stuff to resist elemental damage, but I think blocking mentalism is a more difficult task. Fire and cold we can add insulation, lightning we can try and ground it. Not sure what we can do about magnetism. Any ideas?”

“Oh, and a place to conceal a hold-out blaster would be handy, somewhere shielded and unexpected like the leg or back.”

[member="Tempest"]

Perhaps Tempest could break the mould by being a warrior princess who wore proper armour as opposed to a chainmail bikini! Regardless, Siobhan nodded. "Good idea. Could hide a small shatterpistol the same way. I am honestly not sure what we can do against magnetism. Then again, beskar's pretty tough and barely anyone uses terramancy. We could protect the helmet and gauntlets from electrical and ion attacks via a copper faraday cage. If we had an alchemist I'd consider alchemising the gauntlets so that they could absorb and store lightning."

"One of beskar's major weaknesses is the lack of kinetic resistance. If someone hits your chest hard with a hammer, the impact will still bruise or break bones. I believe we could boost it by incorporating Vanir Technologies' Kinetic Impact Gel. The substance is designed to resist kinetic impacts. Thermal gel can be used to dissipate heat." She'd already made a purchase request on the VT storefront.

Tempest

Storm of the Force
“Sounds good. I know I could have used that to soften a few blows in the past!” Tempest said.

“We’ve got to remember to make the gauntlets retractable. I don’t know how well Beskar handles channelling lightning but I wouldn’t want to be wearing it if it backfired!”
Especially if they’d installed a copper earthing system. The results could be rather…undesirable.

“I think that’s pretty much it. Well, one question, can we get a better fit this time? The current suit is fine, but it’s a bit…tight…uhh…some places. A bit too loose elsewhere.”
She waved a hand vaguely.

[member="Tempest"]

"But I thought you liked it tight!" Siobhan could not resist quipping. "I'm sure we can get a better fit for you, darling. I think I have a good idea of your measurements," she gave the Dahomian amazon a wink. Siobhan was very good at taking a woman's measurements.

"I was thinking of having my suit resemble this," at that she picked up a datapad and pressed a button, bringing forth a holographic projection. It resembled the outfit of an ancient Eldorai war queen or Exarch. "By the way, I hear Elpsis has taken quite a shine to you. She was happy about the flowers! That was very sweet of you," Siobhan was not trying to troll at all.

Tempest

Storm of the Force
Tempest was a little less enthralled with Eldorai culture, and so went for a more militarist look. She pulled up a list of possible designs and indicated some.
“I was thinking furthest right or 4th from the right. What do you think?”

Of course Siobhan had to try and troll her, but Tempest wasn’t shocked. Rather, she smirked. “Oh yes, the least I could do for her tender attentions earlier. You know, when she says she is hot stuff, she’s not lying.”
Troll returned, because she knew Sio sort of regarded the girl as a spiritual niece or daughter due to her memories from Coryth. Two could play the trolling game.

[member="Tempest"]

Truth be told, Sio didn't want to feel motherly towards Elpsis. If she didn't have Coryth's memories, she'd have probably bedded the girl by now. However, she was happy that the young redhead had good models now. It had made her a lot less whiny.

Now she only got maimed, and that was par for the course for Siobhan. "And I'm sure you're doing your best to nurture that flame. I don't need details. I'm glad you're mentoring her a bit. She needed a good role model and some discipline. You and Laina are a good influence. Just be considerate. I wouldn't be surprised if she ends up crushing on you."

She looked at Tempest's selection. "I like the furthest right and the furthest left."

[member="Tempest"]

Speak of the redhead and she shall...well, not really! Presently Elpsis was not in a position to go anywhere since she was recovering in hospital. Again. Firemane Hospital food was not half-bad since Eldorai were doing the cooking and she was dosed full of painkillers, so as a consequence she was fairly lightheaded and bored.

At this rate, she would probably have to start grading hospital rooms, though they all looked the same to her. She blinked when she saw there were plenty of flowers in the room. The teenager looked perplexed and pinched herself, but they were still there. She wondered whether they were from her favourite Dahomian!

Then she suddenly felt a stab of pain and came down with an annoying headache. Her vision became blurry as the landscape seemed to shift. Shapes solidified before her eyes and she saw Siobhan and Tempest. For some reason they were talking about her! Siobhan better not be acting like her mother again.

Tempest

Storm of the Force

“Well, I wouldn’t mind if she did crush on me,” Tempest said bashfully. “Don’t tell her I said this, but I’m starting to really like her. I thought she was just a bit of fun at first, but I’m starting to appreciate her more now. I don’t know if I love her…but I want to see her more. I guess that’s the same thing.”

Aware that she was now thoroughly embarrassed and had lost a bit of martial street cred, she coughed.
“Anyway, let’s go furthest right, shall we?” she said briskly.

[member="Tempest"]

Siobhan wondered for a moment whether she should troll Tempest again and make a comment about how she was robbing the craddle. One might add that this would've been rather hypocritical given the considerable age difference between her and Adril!

Then her lips curled into a smile. "Aww, you're so sweet! It's not what I expected, but I think you two are really cute together. You're a good woman, so I'd be happy if something more developed between you two. You know my door's always open if you need advice."

Apparently she felt like channelling motherly, supportive Siobhan for now. That probably didn't make Tempest feel any less embarrassed. "Yeah, let's go with the one on the far right. I'm sure Elpsis'll be eager to help you out of your armour!"

Tempest

Storm of the Force
Only now did Tempest realise the depth of her error. She was never living this one down.
“I’m sure she will,” she muttered, still embarrassed.

“Anyway, I’ll get my tools and we can get started on this, yes?”

Since actually making the armour was tedious a montage might be in order.

[member="Tempest"]

Siobhan grinned broadly. It was all too easy. "I'm sure you'll sweep her off her feet with your strong arms!" she could not resist snarking. Embarrassed Tempest was so cute. "Well, as fun as talking about your love life and your sweet little redhead is, we've got work to do. Go fetch your tools, and we can get started." Presumably a forging and construction montage ensued.

Tempest

Storm of the Force
Construction Montage Intensifies!

No doubt there would be images of hammering, wires sparking, Sio and Tempest with grease on their hands and other technical things.

At the end of it – because no one wants ten posts of them rewiring a HUD – they were about complete. They’d managed to get their armour pretty much how they liked, but they’d probably need some proper armourers to give the things a proper touch up though.

Final section of the montage would be the two of them looking triumphant at their gear.

“Well that was fun…want to put them on?” Tempest asked eagerly.

[member="Tempest"]

Construction montage accomplished!

"Sure!" Siobhan exclaimed cheerfully. Presumably the hall was a bit of a mess and filled with various tools, but they had servants to clean it up. So with the help of a minion, Siobhan donned her new beskar'gam. It really made her look like an Eldorai war queen.

She activated the helmet's HUD, running through different vision modes while she took her first steps. The ground might have trembled slightly and she flexed the fingers of her new gauntlet. "Oh, I like this. So much power. Now we just need to fight something!" Maybe she could persuade the Space Hippies to invade someone.

Tempest

Storm of the Force
Tempest wasn’t too bashful stripping down, putting on the bodyglove and then the armour. It wasn’t anything Siobhan hadn’t seen before!

When that was done and she was dressed in the armour she moved about in it, lifting herself into the air slightly with the Force, then trying out the HUD.

“This is much more comfy!” she said with a nod. “I’d offer to spar with you, but I wouldn’t want your new set getting beaten up in the first hour!” Tempest said with a grin.

[member="Tempest"]

Suffice to say Siobhan enjoyed the view. "Hah! I think you got that backwards. But I wouldn't want a certain cute little redhead to get upset because I wiped floor with you before you took her out to her prom!" Siobhan grinned.

"Well, if you don't wanna spar, we've got...droids. The ones that aren't B-1 copies." However, as fun as that would be, their writers had something more entertaining in mind. At this moment, Harmony rushed into the room.

She looked at the hammers, the dust on the ground and the two heavily armoured Mistresses. "Finally finished? We could hear your hammering all the way up!" she declared. For a change, the Dahomian looked unusually serious. "There's a priority message from Tabaqui. Your orcish friends have popped by."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom