Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rescue Resu (Vitae Dominion of Resu)

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
10/20

Objective A

Matsu continued to explore the ship as more and more she was coming to see what it was. An old republic exploration ship brought out here to the unknown and unexplored regions of the galaxy near the rift. She couldn't really fault it for not being found but while she was going through the quarters there were plenty of things to find and look at. Slowly Matsu was making an internal record for herself of the different things found inside. She wasn't finding riches just things an exploration ship would have with rocks and core samples, notes as well as plenty of clothing to rifle through but not much in the way of excitement... granted she liked the research and what they had from the others worlds while she was collecting it so it was a fun read. She was waiting to hear from the others if they had found anything.

Vulpesen let out a growl of frustration, both at the words of the Resu, and at the words of Solan. At the moment, it wasn't about proving himself. Right now it was simply more important for him to survive. More to the point of survival, he was acutely aware of the pain in his side from the monster's bone crushing strength and found himself needing to cushion his fall with the force as much as possible. "May I suggest following my compatriot's advice. I'm not a fan of killing species, but I'm even less of fan of having myself killed."

[member="Stone Hermes"]

1/20
Object A
Domino wasn't too sure why [member="Matsu Ike"] had invited her along for this trip, but the other woman had been plessant enough during their brief interactions and she knew enough about her abilities to have some respect for the silver Jedi, so when she'd gotten the call the Twi'lek had agreed to meet her over Resu. Now it looked like she was late. Quite a bit late at that. From the deck of the Sangromancer, she tuned into the provided comm frequency and announced herself. "Miss Ike? This is Dommino, I've arrived. Let me know your current location and I'll join you presently."

11/20

Objective A

[member="Domino"]

Matsu heard the voice on her comlink as she smiled opening a door. "Welcome vigo." She said it for a moment while watching the room and looking over some of the things there. "I mean Domino, I am sending coordinates now. An old jedi ship that crashed." She crouched down while looking through the debris and things seeing the remains of a body wrapped in brown robes. A saber on her hip and hands over the chest like she was laid to rest in her sleep. Likely trying to preserve oxygen before the ship was breached and exposed to the vacuum as Matsu looked at the armband over the robe gleaming. The saber on her hip hummed as she tilted her head to look at the saber of Vima's. "Yeah." She was more curious what the spirit that sometimes appeared was trying to tell her.

Tricia Kalamack

Sleeps all day.... yawns all night
12/20

Making deals

[member="Camellia Swift"]

While Vulps was down on the planet, Tricia looked for the main things above the world as she sat there in the meeting room. Hand scratching her chest while she awaited the shipwright and place that could work for their things. "So how did you pick them master Tricia? Some precognitive power or maybe you felt and saw they were someone we could trust across the galaxy." Tricia looked at them while she was speaking. "Oh I picked up a book." The one looked at them. "And they were on the page I chose." The girl seemed to deflate when it was revealed the woman had chosen it at random.

Mercury Zealot

Monstrocity of Moross - Deceased
Objective B: CRUSH THE INFIDELS LESS THOROUGHLY THAN USUAL. ([member="Vulpesen"], [member="Carliah Dakrone"], [member="Solan Charr"], @Others)

11/20

Weakness. Stone Hermes could practically smell it radiating from his enemy, like a shark in the water smelling blood. His enemy could not possibly continue without destroying himself, or committing an act that would ostracize him from his peers. A third party, an onlooker, intervened, obviously because his nose was nearly as keen as Stone Hermes, when it came to smelling the bloody weakness floating in the air from Vulpesen against the shark that was Stone Hermes.

The enemy compatriot warned of the uselessness of killing each other, when it was highly more obvious to him, that only one of them would end up dying should the fighting continue. It would definitely serve a purpose to either side if there was blood to be spilled here. To one side, it means they are superior and can push them away from their planet. If the other would die, the species of the entire planet would slowly die without the "cure" he was developing, which would remove the pests from this world... after a couple of short decades.

There was definitely a use in killing at least one of these people, which the enemy did not see, because they did not wish to acknowledge it as a possibility... and did not want to acknowledge the other possibility either. In short, they wanted a bloodless confrontation from a confrontation that could be anything but. The only move that won this game, was simply not to play it... at least in the mind of Stone Hermes.

There could potentially, be a very slim chance that an agreement, a negotiation could be made that might allow the highly aggressive, confrontational, judgemental, and indefinite grudge holders at bay from slaughter the foreigners whenever they entered the system on the business of their nation. It had everything to do with the potentiality of genocide by killing Stone Hermes, not because of who he was, but what he was organizing to possess: the cure to their Infertility Crisis. If, by some chance to could ascertain what could potentially cause the genocide of the Resu, they could soon ascertain a measure by which they may be able to bend Stone Hermes arm enough to allow free passage in his space in exchange for medical researchers, supplies, and other such resources to develop and distribute the "cure" on a massive scale...

But such a means may only be temporary, given that after they were cured, they would no longer be shackled to a cease fire, and it was the Vitea Alliance who wronged them first, and the Resu never let go of a grudge once it formed, no matter the deeds committed afterwards.

"Submit to Pantheon. Submit to Resu. Realm of Resu, belongs to Resu, belongs to Pantheon. Infidels belong in no Realm of Resu. Submit to ceasefire, submit to leave whole. Submit." Stone Hermes could already feel the subtle pain of healing, much slower than what he had utilized in his duel, and it would take days for these indignities to his form to heal... but being mostly inorganic in nature, he could push his body much farther than any organic could. If the next moments, demanded he kill Vulpesen, and everyone aboard this ship, his body would push him until he was totally dead.

His blade lifted to point at Vulpesen, indicating exactly who he was asking to submit.

2/20
The title brought a twinge of regret to the Twi'lek, she still held it, but it was a reminder of yet another failure. Her largest yet even though she'd never wanted the position. "Copy that. I'll be there shortly." Closing the circuit, she followed the coordinates. Carefully navigating through the planet's hundreds of moons, she eventually came into sight of Matsu's ship docked against an ancient wreck. Slowly, she lined up with the others' movement and feathered the thrusters to close in until the Sangromancer had landed alongside.

Donning a pilot suit that'd let her survive in the vacuum, she headed out to join the silver jedi on the derelict.
[member="Matsu Ike"]

13/20
Objective A

Matsu could feel the woman arriving as she stood there in the sleek guard armor for vacuum. It was a nice way to handle most of the things and going forward she was observing the rest of the room she was in. "There doesn't seem to be much, looks like it was a personal ship and they crashed. Going by the size might be a pre defender class, its is small but roomy and I'd wager somewhere there is a hidden compartment or two." She was looking at the robe and armband while moving the body a little to get a sheet. "This would be quite a find to send back to some of the jedi historical groups."

Vulpesen offered the resu a grin as he demanded submission.Placing a hand over to heal his side and hip as fast as possible. "No. I will not submit as it is not in my nature, nor the nature of my people, just as it is not in your nature or the nature of your people." He stood up even further and took a step forward. "And I do not ask for you to submit either. I simply ask you to think. What is lost from working with us? Say what you want about my condition, but I had no desire to kill you. And yet, despite that handicap, I survived our engagement." His tail flicked behind him. "After you answer what you lose, I can answer what you can gain."

[member="Stone Hermes"]

Mercury Zealot

Monstrocity of Moross - Deceased
Objective B: CRUSH THE INFIDELS LESS THOROUGHLY THAN USUAL. ([member="Vulpesen"], [member="Carliah Dakrone"], [member="Solan Charr"], @Others)

12/20

"PRIDE. TRADITION. CULTURE. Resu are the last of Moross. Resu are the Crusade. You are infidels. Infidels cannot understand. Confiding in infidels wounds Resu pride, weakens Resu tradition, degrades Resu culture. You have nothing. Only Resu, may rescue Resu, by the divinity of Liad the Plague Bearer." Without hesitation these words boomed and crackled with the accompanying lightning that danced upon his metallic body, as he emphatically explained in vivid detail that the Resu would never know cooperation with any who wasn't the Moross Crusade... though also, perhaps unwittingly, implied that the Resu needed something, that they needed to be rescued, most likely from something that involved a plague.

Of course, working with 'infidels' as he called them, would be unacceptable in his eyes... it was clear that despite his beliefs that only the Resu could save themselves, perhaps the Alliance might have something that would force him to reconsider his staunchly defended stance. Such a message would issue an outcry of blasphemy from his people, that confiding with the infidels would only make the plague worse, as it would appear to the gods and Liad that they are willing to spit in the name of the gods to save themselves. It was a test, but if it appeared the only solution, Stone Hermes had serious religious considerations to make.

Does he continue to pray to Liad for the hope he might one day provide the cure to the disease he planted upon them by warding away the infidels for his favour... or take the infidels as a message from Liad that he has the cure, and is giving it to them in the form of their enemies? Liad was said to be of such malevolence, testing how far he can push people for the simple joy of it. This line of thought however was all very hypothetical, until the Alliance made the connection that these endangered creatures could be saved, and might be tamed enough to negate their blatant hostility... at least until the beings were free from the shackles of infertility.

Stone Hermes had been working on a cure many would consider blasphemous for years already, and if it worked would save them and empower them into the Zealous Crusade they once were... if Stone Hermes was willing to toe the line independently... would he be willing to consider the possibility of toeing the line more publically? Or perhaps, Stone Hermes could convince the Alliance into a more secret arrangement, of mutual support... but once again, all very hypothetical until something happens.

14/20

Objective C

Sheila continued to move in the helmet of the trooper they had and in the ship as they were searching. Making it to the engine room as they started the ship up the life support activating and after a few minutes they had power, they had everything they needed while the man removed his helmet letting her out and giving her time to fly around while she pulled her saber out and started cutting into the vents to get around the ship to search about.

3/20
"So, box it up and send it to them." Domino said moving further into the ship to get a look at the body. She herself usually held a rather callous view on this sort of work. It wasn't that she didn't appreciate it, far from it in fact, she would rather just move the whole thing to a lab where it could be taken apart and cataloged piece by piece by professionals who could then re-assemble it all for storage or a museum. "You ever wonder if sometime in the distant future who might pick through what we've left behind? What they might learn?"
[member="Matsu Ike"]

15/20

[member="Domino"]

Matsu looked at Domino while she was looking through some of the things and came up with a golden grim covered device. Her eyes lighting up though while she grinned. "I do, mostly just hop I made sure my underwear are clean and nothing embarrassing is there for them to find." She said it as a joke but the idea of leaving something behind for later generations to find and remember her was a thought she had just a strange one she had to admit. "What about you? What do you wonder about leaving behind?" Matsu continued with the device and was working on cleaning it as the thing she thought might be a paperweight was more akin to a miniture great holocron but she couldn't see the main interface or interior.

"Pretty much the same." Domino admitted while thinking about some things she'd thrown out when she'd became Vigo. There was always stuff one didn't want found for fear of hurting their reputation. "Mostly I hope that what I leave behind will be left intact for everyone. Not picked to pieces or passed around for favors." Pausing next to a box with her hand already on the lid to open it, Domino's eyes went unfocused as if she were looking at something far beyond the ship surrounding them. "Some things I hope to destroy before I die. Or that they're forever lost with me when I do. Objects that I've created in the name of security or for science, theorems that could lay entire systems barren. Power that no one should have." Her voice trailed off as she considered her own past arrogance and the terrifying knowledge it'd brought her. "Take care Matsu, one rarely sees their own hubris until all they can do is regret."

[member="Matsu Ike"]

16/20
[member="Domino"]

A sad truth while she was looking at her and even in the suit there was something... bizarre friendship and respect more then likely but she felt for the woman... Well as much as she could or would allow. She had someone and they mattered more but friends and people who could really be respected were hard to come by while she was moving forward a little now and with the holocron in her hand showed it then set it in an equipment pack. "Lets get to what is left of the bridge and download the logs. We can at last figure out whre she came from and where she has been, that might be of use to Corvus and the jedi."

17/20
Aboard the Lady Luck

Sheila was with the men and they made it to the bridge of the pleasure yacht, a look of excitement on her face while she sat down in the captains chair and they were getting a new reactor hooked up to replace the old one. The ship was in amazingly good condition and would serve them well going forward while she rubbed her hands together with a wider grin on her face now. "Grandmaster we have the derelict and are bringing her online."

Carliah Dakrone

Walking the Path to Redemption
7/20

Carliah had long since wandered away from the battle. She was doing little to help by just standing there and watching Vulpes fight. She headed back into the ship to use the com and sighed softly. "Anyone need any help with anything? Watching Vulpes fight is getting boring. I need something to do that is actually useful," she asked, before sitting back in Vulpes's chair and kicking her feet up onto the dashboard of the ship. She'd just wait there for an answer from someone. @Sheila @Matsu Ike @Domino @Stone Hermes [member="Vulpesen"]

5/20
"Who's Corvus?" She asked, finally opening the box she'd been holding. Inside were dozens and dozens of miniature data chips, each in its own little slot. Running her fingertips over them, Domino took one out at random and held it up to the light to examine it. There on the side were a pair of names. One looked like a song title but She didn't recognize the other. Checking the others showed much the same pattern until she came upon a name she did know, an opera singer considered ancient even before Domino had been born. Everything else was likely just as old and probably unheard of by now.

Slightly cheered by the find, she replaced the chip and slid the box into her ruck-sack before moving to join Matsu in the cockpit. "Found some music I think I might like. Any idea what's on that holocron you showed me?"
[member="Matsu Ike"]

18/20
[member="Domino"]

Matsu was looking at her. "SHe is the new grandmaster of the jedi order and well she at least likes to talk with people." She smirked under the mask looking at the holocron while running her hands over it. Thumbing over the smooth prismatic edges as it seemed colorful with her eyes checking for anything. "I don't know, there doesn't seem to be an activation switch to it." Her attention was on it while looking over the other things she had found with the robe and arm band as there was a sound. A chiming sound when the holocron was close to the armband as she pulled it away and then back in front of it. "Hello." Matsu was working with it, holding the holocron and set the armband on it as the sound of activation came then the image of a man on in the air above it. "Greeting master jedi, I am Jev Sunrider and if you are seeing this it means you are of my families legacy."

Vulpesen's ears flicked at the word rescue, and with a grin, he started to rise up, his body having healed to the point where he could finally be straight and all. "If only Resu can rescue the Resu, then the Resu are doomed. My people were also a proud race, our influence spanning the galaxy. But when we retreated to isolate ourselves and things went wrong, there was no one to help us. No one to boost us. But as soon as an outside element was introduced, we found ourselves, not only surviving, but prospering. In this spirit, I extend to you the aid of the Vitae. We haven't come here to conquer you, but to help you. I can see that something hurts your people. Join with us, and among other things, we can and will help you with this."

As he finished his speech, Sheila's voice echoed into his ear. "Good, if she has a slaverig, then get her linked to the rest of the Vitae ships. Hopefully we can limp her back to someone that can piece the clunker back together."

[member="Stone Hermes"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom