Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Republic and Sith Fleeters Wanted

@[member="Darth Shadow"]

It's really fairly simple. Personally, I used to play a great deal of EVE Online. So at some point, I just got used to it. In that game, they center a spherical grid over your spaceship. Ally and enemy targets are represented on the grid with the assistance of lines showing elevation and spheres showing you every ship's position in relation to each other. In addition, all hostile and friendly targets are listed off to the side in order of distance from your position.

http://farm1.staticflickr.com/74/201846640_0589ed8cf3_o.png
http://static.gamespot.com/uploads/original/416/4161502/2387761-0005.png

On a hex based grid, you can very easily do the same thing. The basic grid is considered zero elevation. Your movement along the X and Y axis is shown by normal movement along the existing grid. Movement along the Y axis (be it up or down) is shown by green numbers (moving up) and red numbers (moving down). Idealy, the maximum movement you can move (up or down) would either be 10 in either direction (for a map that is 20 x 20 x 21), or 20 in either direction (for a map that is 20 x 20 x 41). On this map, each level of elevation of declination from the target is considered one additional hex of distance between yourself and your target.

For example, a ship that is at 11/05(5) is targeting a ship that is at 08/06(2). The distance from one target to the other is 3 (for horizontal distance) plus 7 (for vertical distance). The horizontal distance is measured starting at the first adjacent hex and ending ON the hex that the target occupies. The vertical distance is measured starting at the first hex above or below the firing vessel and ending at the elevation that the target vessel occupies. The Zero elevation plane is included in this measurement.

@[member="Captain Larraq"] This isn't the thread for it, but I would be interested in getting something together...if you can find a third person. It shows promise for a hardcore fleeter. :)

OK, well, everything should be set to go.

alright we have one fleet from the Republic side and two from the sith. @[member="Darth Shadow"] @[member="Ronnie Vexis"] and @[member="Circe Savan"] do you want to start and we'll just double Ronnies fleet? Or wait for @[member="Aedan Miles"] alt?

@[member="Omega Ranger"]
Aedan said he was having computer issues and would be on and off available, so let’s just double Ronnie’s fleet and get going.

Ronnie has 10,000 metres now, up to 6,600m of which can be used on capital ships (Heavy Cruisers and above).

If he gets a fleet up tonight I’ll post them all together in the first fleeting post and we can finally get going. :)

2vs2 it is.

5000 metres each.

2/3 can be Heavy Cruisers or above.

We will meet on the battlefield today. I'll post the map and my arrival.

@[member="Omega Ranger"] @[member="Tanis Ashfall"] @[member="Circe Savan"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom