Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Relighting the Beacon

"I guess I had always used the Force then too, but didn't know it. Mainly to make people see things my way. A mild form of mind control or mind trick. Usually used it unknowingly when I trying to get a bargain for something. Worked too."

Letting out a little breath of laughter, she looked as Vulps displayed one of his scars he had gotten over the years.

"Even now I try to avoid fighting. When it happens though, I face it, get the job done and get away. When the sith attacked, I was on Balmorra and ended up maybe killing the guy fighting me. Took his arms off for sure, but he had support show up so I couldn't see if he lived or died."

[member="Vulpesen"]

"It does come in handy. Actually, my first master taught me to use the force for the same purpose. He always told me to never rely on the force alone, but sometimes it was a nice trick to get a slightly better deal, or keep one going after you screwed up a bit on your delivery. Just make sure you have a way to appease the person if they found out." He dropped the dash of white hair back into place above his scar. "Fighting however, has been in my life since the day I stepped foot into that Jedi Temple on Coruscant. War after war, battle after battle. I've lopped off so many limbs, I'm sure I alone could have kept the prosthetic industry booming."

"For a several years, I didn't know of the Force. So did not know I used it or anything at that time. Never showed any other skill other than that manipulation. Fighting I learned on my own. Hand to hand and with knives. You know the ones I have in my boots? They've been with me longer than almost any weapon. Of course, now I have two short sabers instead of those knives, but I still carry them."

Shaking her head at his words, Vulps had certainly seen more fighting than Ra had. It wasn't the kind of person she really was and instead had focused on being a businesswoman rather than warrior.

[member="Vulpesen"]

He chuckled softly and produced his saber staff, placing it in his half. With a scaled pattern that emanated from the middle, it ended in the twin emitters, both of which sported an open mouthed fox head. "I had a tendency to blow my sabers up in the early days. Guess that's why I made this one of phrik. Less likely to blow into bits. My daggers have been lost and replaced so many times from me flinging them around the battlefield. I guess I don't really have any weapons that I can get too attached to." He twirled the cylinder a few time in his hands before placing it back into his coat. "But I guess times have changed. It's been awhile since I used them on a battlefield. Not sure it's time for me to hang up my boots, but I suppose that now I'm more than a soldier."

"I think they are going to come in useful in the future, Vulps. This idea is not something where one can just sit back and live. Normally I'm not a fighter, but even I am going to be in action at times."

Times had changed for both of them and the future wasn't set in stone. Letting out a small chuckle when he said he didn't think it was time to hang up his boots yet, Ra shook her head.

"Not at all and I think I have to find mine again."

[member="Vulpesen"]

"Then I guess you better keep those daggers polished." His mands moved to brush his coat a bit, smoothing out the wrinkles and shapes caused by the placement of his saber. "As for finding your warrior spirit, it's not too hard. It's just living to another day. They keep coming, you keep living. That's really the basis of what I've learned on the battlefield." His words were punctuated by the lifting corners of his lips, just before they were concealed by his glass, while he took another sip.

@Ra'a'mah

"My life has never been one of fighting. So living from day to day hasn't ever been an issue, Vulps. In fact, I can almost count on one hand the amount of fights I've been in. Though with what is planned that is going to change. There will be more than the single one that is upcoming."

Though Ra had spoken of the plans that were building, this was first she had given word to anything that was planned.

"Maybe we will be back to back. Better than facing off for sure."

[member="Vulpesen"]

"Stick by me, then. I've been through my fair share. Besides, having people's back is now my hallmark." He had found that his greatest moments in battle had come from him defending others. The more important they were, the more power he fought with. Perhaps it was the zorren blood within him, after all, there was a common phrase among his people. 'He who fights for the pack, fights with the power of the pack. He who fights for himself, may only fight with all the power he alone has.'

"I don't see us getting too far apart in the future. Unless my business pulls me away, but I've never had any issues with my deliveries or faced pirates. Most of the trade routes I follow are well travelled and my ships have enough protection from your average pirate crew anyway."

They were behemoths and ​might not stand a chance against anything well armed, but average wasn't an issue.

She couldn't help but have a small smile when Vulps said he would have her back.

"That was a funny conversation we had when we met. Now I guess you are my watchdog."

[member="Vulpesen"]

"Just keep the drinks coming. Come by to visit, and a healthy supply of credits for my men wouldn't be unwelcome." He lifted his drink for a moment, his smile broadened to the point of revealing the tip of one of his fang like teeth. "You faced pirates, I once faced poachers. Seems like now you're about to meet a real challenge, so a watch dog isn't a bad idea." He took another drink, nearly draining the glass. "Good thing you've got me. After all, I am a Zorren."

@Ra'a'mah

"Last time I went to Veradune, it was with you personally. Not sure if I can even find it on my own since it was kept secret from me."

Ra couldn't help but give​ him a bit of a tease about that since it had been just after they met that they went there together. Neither one fully trusting the other and he had kept its location secret.

"Though I think there's some change of trust between us. You found me by what we thought was accident, but now in thinking back on it, maybe it wasn't. What do you think? Guided by the Force or simple chance that lead you here in that storm?"

Whatever reason it happened for, it really didn't matter. The plans for the future were in motion and there wasn't much that could stop that movement now.

[member="Vulpesen"]

"I suppose I can trust you with the coordinates should you ever need them." He'd almost forgotten that he had personally taken her there, without allowing the location to be known. But Veradune was a necessary secret to most of the galaxy, at least until he could guarantee the safety of his people. "As for the force, I think I figured that out a long time ago. I can't say that it's predictable, or that we don't have a choice, but I for one have learned to heed its call."

As Ra pointed out she didn't know where or how to find Veradune, he agreed to give her its location. That little bit of trust went a long way.

"Thank you. I won't share it with anybody and will keep it as secret as you do. With what is planned, I actually think I'll be packing up and moving there...at least for a time. You see one of our first targets is the leader of a small government. He happens to know where I live."

What she didn't say was ​in the act that was planned, she was betraying this man. However what he planned was far worse than her betrayal.

"I guess I should do that more often."

[member="Vulpesen"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom