Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Relighting the Beacon

The last time Ra had any real contact with Vulpesen was when she had been with the Metal Lords and ran their merchant fleet. To say things had changed for her was an understatement. Some had been for the better, but to others might be seen for the worse.

One thing Ra knew was she could not live without the support of a major government. The Metal Lords had fallen and since the last time they had spoken the Coalition had as well. Now her position in life was up in the air, but one thing had changed with her. Ra no longer called herself sith or allied with them in any way.

What had changed within her or what extent, even she didn't know fully. However, she had some plans in motion and based off what she knew Vulps, he might be greatly interested in knowing about them.

Since the fall of her governments though, Ra had been spending more and more time on Vjun and this is where she invited him to come. If they went anywhere else, it would be to his home.

[member="Vulpesen"]

Humming a small tune, Vulpesen's fingers flicked around the control panel on his ship before he started to descend towards the castle. Landing closer this time as to avoid any unpleasant strolls through acid rain, he peered through the viewport and onto the surrounding areas. "Ace, watch the ship." Rising up from his seat as the Vixen touched down, Vulpesen headed towards the back hatch, taking a moment to prepare a light force barrier around himself before striding out and to the door of the massive abode.

Vincent would greet him like he had before, but not guide him to the library. He should know his way around the castle by now having spent more than just a night or two there.

When he entered the library, Ra looked up and then put down the book she had been reading. Standing up, she wore an almost happy smile on her face. It was touched by a little sorrow at where her life had gone, but Ra really was happy to see Vulps again.

"Would you like a drink?"

Restraining herself, she waited on his answer, but she really felt like giving him a very large hug.

[member="Vulpesen"]

Grinning at Vincent, Vulpesen nodded his thanks and started to slip his coat off his shoulders, allowing it to hand over his arm as he walked. As he slipped into the library, he fixed his host with his usual lopsided glow, his eyes shining as bright as ever with their golden light. "Please. I hate long flights." Striding over to Ra, he found himself using a bit of conscious effort to keep his tail from knocking into whatever he passed by as it resisted the urge to wag. "How've you been, Ra?"

He hadn't changed at all in the time that had passed, while Ra had aged another year or so. Already assuming he was going to want a drink, Vincent came in one for each of them within a few minutes. The man closed the door after delivering the drinks.

If Ra could read his body language, then she knew Vulps was just as happy to see her as she was him. Giving in slightly, she opened her arms up to give him that hug she so much wanted before answering.

"I'd say things have been better, but I'm alive. You?"

[member="Vulpesen"]

Happily accepting the offer of a hug just as a drink, he wrapped his arms around Ra for a moment. Although, the less than stellar news did seem to dim his eyes for a second. "Oh you know, signing papers, acting as king of an endangered species, same old same old." He pulled back, allowing his smile to return to his face. "Ended up converting my once proud alliance into a security force. Maybe given a bit of time we'll be good for something." Sniffing the scent of a nearby drink, he reached out and took it from Vincent's hands. "Thank you."

"Only acting as king?"

Giving him a little tease, Ra knew he did more than just pretend.

"Species? I thought you are a proud people with your own culture. What happened to the alliance?"

As plans she had been working on fell into place, this Force Vulps spoke of could become useful. That is if he would agree to what she had planned. When he picked up his drink, she took hers from Vincent as well.

"Thank you, Vincent. I'll let you know if we need anything else."

[member="Vulpesen"]

"Hard to be a king if I'm not acting like one. At least, that's what the courts keep telling me." Releasing Ra fully from his hug, he took the first sip of his drink, relishing the smooth burn that slid down his throat. "And my people still live strong as you last saw them. But the alliance itself was supposed to be something great... something grand that stretched from Veradune to Coruscant and beyond, protecting all that lay under us. But perhaps we were meant for another purpose... something more discreet." The VSF hadn't done much yet, what with his involvement being held back due to a plethora of legislations. But, he planned on fixing that soon. At the moment, his men were stuck twiddling their thumbs, stuck on minor contracts.

"Have a seat."

She would do the same​ and her eyes met his before she spoke again.

"Well when we met, I was with the Metal Lords and was lead of their merchant fleet. Now I totally kept my work out of our conversation really. Maybe a mention or two of it, but nothing major. Well, a banished Metal Lord swooped in and with his gathered army, helped to destroy them. We fled to the Coalition..."

Taking a sip, she paused​ before continuing. Here's what it got a little harder for her.

"So I carried on with my duties with them and lead the merchant fleet. As time passed, I slowly cut my ties with the Sith Empire. Now barely two months ago, those I used to ally with came and destroyed the Coalition. When they did that, I cut all my ties with them and well...I guess I went rogue. No longer a sith."

[member="Vulpesen"]

Nodding, he walked over and laid his coat on the back of a seat before sliding into it and leaning back against the extra cushion provided by his silken garment. Attentively, he listened to each word, nodding a bit as things started to make a bit more sense. In truth, he wasn't familiar with Metal Lords, likely a group that had popped onto the scene after his self-imposed exile. As for her leaving the sith, it took an effort not to crack a smile. Still, losing something you had worked hard to create was not a good feeling, something he knew all too well. "I suppose that on the bright side, you've been offered a bit of freedom."

She knew Vulps would like that little bit of news even if it had cost her so much in the end.

"Well, yes and no. Living here so close to that empire, there is a greater risk they will find me. A question lingers in my mind. Why did they target the Coalition? To my knowledge the sith did not know I was there and neither the Metal Lords or Coalition knew of my connection. I held no power with the sith, just one of a number. It wasn't me they were after."

That brought her back to her thoughts on what her future held. The desire for revenge reared its head and some anger shown in her eyes.

"But yes, freedom from those chains that held me to them have been shattered and I won't go back."

@​Vulpesen

"A fear shared by so many others in the galaxy. As for why they hit the coalition, even knowing nothing about them, I know the answer. Because they could. The sith take. Their existence is a hunger, a need for power that can never be filled, even should they control everything." The fire in Ra's eyes, was something he wasn't sure he had seen before, a rage he could only remember holding a select few times. "It seems to me, you may be thinking of shattering a few more."

"I have very little fear left in me. There's nothing I have they would want."

The answer he gave was nothing less than she had already thought of on her own. ​Taking a drink, Ra get her glass down and that anger was still there. Obviously not directed at Vulps, but he would see or sense it clearly. Just based off his words he had an idea what she was feeling.

"Possible. In the time I was with the Coalition, in what free time I had, I started building a foundation of a group designed to kill their leader and maybe take down that empire. It began with the simple desire to liberate Serenno and put the rightful heir back on the throne there."

It was far more than that now, but it had been started with just that simple desire.

[member="Vulpesen"]

"So long as you keep enough for common sense." He took another sip of his drink, his ear flicking towards Ra, showing his attention on her, even as he stared down into his glass. "A group to kill the sith's leader... you wouldn't be the first. So many have tried. So many sparked rebellions, sparked and fizzled before their names were even known. But with any luck, you might be the last." A wide grin spread over his face and he peered up at her. "So, what do you need?"

"Common sense and logical thoughts are what I seem to be pretty good at. Now this is who and what I have so far."

Ra would go on to explain the people already involved as well as what forces and ships they had. As well as the general plans or goals each person had for themselves. Her own goal being that of holding Denon. As a merchant, that one location was key to conducting business. It had been the capitol of the Metal Lords.

What Vulps said was true, but forging alliances and being able to call on assistance was something she had arranged for. There would be no lack of allies when the time was right to make their move.

"Just the knowledge we will have your support and help if needed."

[member="Vulpesen"]

Grinning, he listened to her words. She had never seemed the sort to fall into the baser passions of rage which clouded a person's judgement. It was one of the things that first brought him to believe that Ra wasn't cut out to be a sith. She further impressed hima s she listed out her allies and capabilities. Resources were important, and even as he listened to them, he found his mind wandering to how they might each fall into the larger puzzle. Then finally, she asked for his help.

Bringing his glass to his lips, he tipped it back to drain the contents. "You've made one mistake so far, miss Ra." His eyes shone brightly as they fell back on her face, filled with an almost mischievous glint. "You didn't call me sooner. Besides, my boys in the security force need to start stretching their legs somehow. Count me in."

"Would you like another drink?"

Before he answered though​, Vulps said she's been making a mistake so far and she lifted an eyebrow at him as she took a sip of her own drink. Unlike him, Ra took hers slower and would actually be able to get drunk. However, the look he was giving was not a bad one like she had really made a serious mistake and that relaxed her.

"Well, that mistake was caused by being busy. Running around with the fleet and then getting beat up by the sith will do that. This build up took place over the course of time and was quite natural. Now I decided to reach out to when things had calmed down for me and I wasn't so busy."

Probably sounded like a lame excuse, but it was a true one.

[member="Vulpesen"]

"That would be great, thank you." He sent his empty glass to sit by the bottle for refilling while he responded to her. "That's why you call friends who can lighten the load. I've been going insane with all the paperwork the court has been giving me. If I'd known about your troubles, I would have happily begged for the distraction." His tail lifted up behind him and flicked out, stretching a bit to relieve his natural inclination to always be moving. "As for beatings and sith, I'm always happy to help return the favor. Hell, it's pretty much been my life since I landed on Coruscant as a kid."

Getting up, Ra poured him another drink as she listened to what he had to say. Giving a slight shrug there wasn't a way to change the past, but they could the future. The plans that were in motion were hopefully going to hit like a hurricane when everything was said and done.

She handed Vulps the drink and smiled at the last part of what he said.

"I spent some time on Coruscant too. In a time of my life when I was simple human and knew nothing about the Force. Never mine what I had actually grown up being. An orphange there took me in, cared for me for a time and I thought that is where I grew up. I learned how to fight on that planet."

[member="Vulpesen"]

Thanking her for the drink, he then took a sip and set the glass aside. "I remember when I was a simple human, but I always knew about the force. As for fighting..." Vulpesen reached up to his hair. As long as he'd been a player on the galactic stage, there'd always been one certain identifying mark, the white streak of hair that adorned the front right locks of his hair. Pushing the hair aside, he revealed a deep scar at its roots. "I learned about that on Nar Shadaa. Kids should never pick fights with gamorreans." It seemed so long ago that he had taken an old X-wing out into the galaxy, exploring planets and learning snippets of philosophy from whatever order would teach him. That had been thirteen years ago... In thirteen years, he'd gone from a street rat human to a zorren king. Mysterious are the ways of the force.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom