Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Relic Run

The witch had moved on a bit too far ahead, only barely catching the conversation that was going on behind her. Out of the lot, the man she was with wasn't the worst - maybe a little too handsy but a subtle move of the hands seemed to go unnoticed by the drunk.

"So, what's this latest venture I've heard all about?" In reality she knew very little, but she was counting on his drunkenness to bend the lie into a truth.

"Wha-how do you know about that?"

"Your Rodian friend has a big mouth, was talking about it to one of the waitresses." The man let out a grumble, complaining about said Rodian. Maiev attempted to dig a bit further. "From what I heard, the cargo was...unusual?"

"You could say that." He scoffed, mutterly something. "Artifacts of some kind, found on this derelict ship that we learned was lost."

"They were on a ship?"

"Yep, rumour has it was some smuggler on Dathomir - around the time the Mandos came knocking. Attempted to flee, but the vessel got too damaged and ended up just floating off into space."

By this point Elpsis and Nyssa had caught up, catching the last bit of information. Maiev looked at the redhead, mentally relaying the rest she had discerned while the group waited for a cab to arrive.

[member="Elpsis Kerrigan-Alcori"]​

[member="Maiev"]

"Made a friend?" Elpsis asked sweetly when she showed up at Maiev's side, while the crew waited for a cab. "He likes your bum. I don't blame him," as she said these words, she ran a hand over Maiev's bottom before giving it a squeeze. "I'm still way cuter than him though." Floating in space, huh? Convenient.

"Girls, get your butts moving," one of the smugglers, who seemed more than a little under the influence of booze, called out to them, slurring his words a bit. A cab came to a halt. Needless to say it ended up being rather cramped, between the gang and the girls.

"Don't be shy, cutie, there's room with me," one of the smugglers leered at Elpsis.

"You're sitting with me," Nyssa said imperiously. Grabbing ahold of Elpsis, she pulled the empath into her lap. One of the guys hollered before the Sith gave him a death glare. The somewhat cramped cab took off into the night. And one of the gangers felt his stomach lurch from all the booze. "I don't feel so good..." Nyssa pushed him away roughly before he could vomit on her.

"Something like that." More like a pawn though, one Maiev was planning on using to get further into the depths of the gang's hideout. "Mmm, he has been quite handsy the past half hour." She grinned at Elpsis, knowing where the redhead's hand was going. The witch let out a mental equivalent of a purr in response. "Oh, agreed. No contest."

Everyone go into the cab, cramming themselves into the confined space. Maiev was a bit squished between her 'pawn' and the side of the vehicle.

Though she did let out a chuckle as Nyssa's possessiveness reared its head again. Coupled with the rather downtrodden expression on the other man's face.

Along the way however, another of the gang; maybe the youngest of the lot, suddenly grew pale. Everyone knew what was coming, and everyone attempted to veer away. Nyssa going so far as pushing the poor chap to the side. Luckily he managed to get his head out the window before he vomited.

"Damn it boy, is there no vehicle you won't vomit in?"

"S-sorry, you know how I get after drinking..." It went without much surprise that the remainder of the journey consisted of a few more encores.

Eventually they reached their destination, the cab landing a short walk away; around the corner from where the gang's supposed base was. The larger group had already moved on ahead, leaving their smaller one to follow.

"Ah, you'll love the place - it's very spacious." It would prove to be an understatement, as they rounded the corner. Their base was a large warehouse complex, clear signs of either abandonment or of a hostile takeover. Guards were stationed all over, on the ground or higher up. There were even defences that lined the perimeter

This was definitely not what Maiev was expecting.

[member="Maiev"]

And suddenly they'd arrived at the base! It was probably not what they'd been expecting. Rather than a singular warehouse, it was a large complex, complete with guards, searchlights and even a couple guard dogs. A bunch of perimeter defences had been lined up.

"Told you so," Nyssa mouthed. Well, she hadn't really, but whatever.

Yeah, yeah, Elpsis broadcast telepathically. It's just a load of thugs. Easy going.

If you'd packed armour, Nyssa thought. She was not that good at telepathy, but her thoughts were transparent enough.

Quit complaining. Ideas?

Scout out the place, get backup or some proper weaponry, kill anyone who gets in our way.

And we may be too late then. If we create a diversion, we may be able to snatch the artefacts. I can make a speeder blow up or something. Wouldn't even need a fireball. Mucking with the fuel works.

Your plans suck.

She had glanced over, almost knowing that Nyssa was going to throw them a 'I told you so'. Maiev fought back the urge to roll her eyes, instead focusing on the more concerning matters.

They were essentially entering a small fortress.

It was incredibly crude, likely with several flaws within its defences. After all, it wasn't meant to be a military complex, but the firepower on display was still nothing to scoff at. They were definitely going to need an alternate exit from this place, avoid all the turrets that were set up.

But something else lingered in the witch's mind. Wondering just how 'small fry' this gang really was, surely there little band wasn't the sole owner of the base.

Could they be a piece of a much larger puzzle?

Maiev shook her head slightly. No, she needed to focus on the reason why they were here.

The artifacts.

First we need to find out where they're located. Then an escape plan is in order, before we try and divert their attention away.

It was going to be tricky and time consuming, especially because she had underestimated just how larger the gang's base was. They would have to split up in order to cover more ground.

She pressed up against her companion as they walked. "Can we hurry this up? It's getting far too cold out here."

"Huh?" Even in his drunken state, he wasn't incapable of appreciating having the witch right up next to him. "Ooo, yes certainly! I know of another little entrance nearby, guarded by this big grouch. He's usually too stuck up about rules and crap like that." And just like that, Maiev was guided away from the main group and detoured elsewhere.

Maiev glanced over her shoulder, looking over at Elpsis for a moment.

Good luck, see you on the inside.

[member="Maiev"]

"Both your plans suck. Hers is better than yours," Nyssa opined.

"You're just grumpy because there's been no heads on pikes yet." Such a cute couple. Always focusing on the important things in life. They'd have lovely kids!

"So, Griff says you wanna work for us, huh?" the leader of the little posse suddenly spoke up, appearing at Nyssa's side. Was he feeling vengeful about losing the contest? She kept her cool either way. "We can always use good muscle. Of course there's a few hoops to fly through. And if anyone sells us out...," he made a chopping motion with his hand.

"Same if anyone sells me out," Nyssa responded evenly. "I've got a strong right hook, I'm a good driver and I could use the money."

There was a pause. "Why don't you come with and we can chat. See if you fit. Don't stray away. The boys might get itchy trigger fingers if they see someone poking their nose into places it don't belong."

"Sounds grand, doesn't it...sweetheart?" Nyssa asked rhetorically, wrapping a possessive arm around Elpsis' waist. Get your arse moving.

A very realistic apparition of Elpsis nodded. Meanwhile, the real Elpsis...slipped away.

The drunken gentlemen led her around a few corners until they reached what Maiev assumed was previously a staff entrance into the building.

Standing just ahead of them was the 'big grouch' as he had described; in the form of a Gamorrean. The fact he shifted the moment he saw them; blocking the entrance to the door, made it very clear what his reaction was going to be.

He let out a series of annoyed grunts and sequels, fidgeting with his gun as the pair approached.

"Oh put that down big guy, you know me."

Maiev heartily agreed, she had no desire to have a heavy duty bowcaster aimed at her. The Gamorrean's response made it clear he didn't like her being there.

"Fine, how much is it going to cost me?"

The guard almost seemed affronted by the suggestion.

"Oh kark off, you let Heath through the other week!" From there a back and forth barter broke out, Maiev couldn't understand half the conversation, but got a good gist at how annoyed the human was getting. "Doesn't matter, I'll get those back when we play Sabacc later tonight." He handed the Gamorrean several credit chips, before the large brute allowed them entry.

[member="Maiev"]

"So...a Pureblood, huh? Don't see many of those running around."

"Rumours of our extinction are greatly exaggerated, I'm afraid," Nyssa said very dryly. "Most just prance around with lightsabres and run after whoever's dark lord."

"You don't?"

The Red Sith shrugged. "I like to defy expectations. Besides, you're not worth anything there unless you can do magic tricks."

Two more goons fell in line behind them. Both of them were doing a poor job hiding their blasters in their jackets. "The stuff we do - it's rewardin', but dangerous. Once you're in - if you get in - there's only one way out," at that he made a chopping motion with his hand." Nyssa resisted the urge to roll her eyes.

"Got it." She was led to what she assumed was some sort of office complex.

"Your girlfriend's turned all quiet. Hope we haven't scared her. No need to worry, girl, we won't hurt a hair on your pretty head."

"Oh, I'm good. You lot seem real organised," faux Elpsis chimed in. Hopefully no one had seen that the apparition had flickered slightly. By now the real Elpsis was quite far away.

"Don't mind her. She won't be a problem."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom