Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Relations with the Sith Empire (SSAA)

As a citizen of the Galactic Republic, you believe that the Republic should _______ regarding the Em

• Total voters
@[member="Yusan Fenn"] @[member="Silas Opri"] @[member="Ned Rostu"] @[member="Chi Chuchi"] @[member="Jack Harkness"] @[member="Hanna Vondiranach"]

The passage of the Secure and Stable Alliance Act (SSAA) had called on the Galactic Republic Senate "to review all current relations with other factions and to make clear distinctions between enemies and allies." It was an act unanimously passed by the Senate, and following its passage, the Senate had to now review its relations with factions across the Galaxy. This started out with reviewing relations with the Empire.

So why review relations with the Sith Empire above all else? Because determing what exact stance the Republic would be holding regarding the Empire would easily help in determining its relations with other factions.

Senator Beswin and stood up and faced the Senate. "Chancellor @[member="Philip J. Halen"], could you please inform the Senate body on the current relations between the Galactic Republic and the Sith Empire?" she asked.

Hopefully, the other senators would hold off on saying anything until the chancellor informed the Senate fully on its relations with the Empire.

"The Sith Empire is the least of our worries. So long as they choose to not directly engage us militarily, we should continue our work and discussions with them."

Jentara Vel gave her opinion in regards to Onderon's view. The planet's nobility was descended from one of the Dark Lords of the Sith, after all, and Freedon Nadd's tomb was a tourist spot.

Senator Beswin looked over at @[member="Jentara Vel"]. "While I certainly respect your opinion, senator, I suggest we hear official relations that exist currently between us and the Empire from our chancellor before we start voicing out our own opinons. Facts must come first before all else." she informed politely.

"By what my reports have given me..." The Interim Chancellor began. "Is that we are neither friendly nor enemied to the Sith Empire. We are hostile, yet peaceful. There have been planet grabbings all across the galaxy across the borders, each side trying to take advantage for the event of war"

"It pains me to say that most likely, eventually one side will attack the other and break the treaty. This is inevitable, as every bit of peace between the Republic and Sith has been. For now.... We remain at peace, though rocky and tense with the Sith Empire. As we all know, it will be a temporary thing. I will leave my vote for this until the end, and allow the Senate to talk amongst themselves on what is best to be done with this situation"

"ANOTHER thing to remember... Is that this was signed with Emperor Tyrin. Tyrin is no longer the Emperor, as my reports have informed me of the crowning of Dranok Lusk as the new Sith Emperor. His stance on the treaty is unknown"

@[member="Alena Beswin"]
@[member="Jentara Vel"]

"Thank you, your excellency." said Alena to the chancellor, giving him a respectful nod. What he had said Alena had already known, and it was rather unfortunate that the very executive head that the Republic had didn't know any more about its relations with the foreign faction than any other typical senator.

"You have heard the facts from the Chancellor, fellow senators. The Senate shall now proceed to make a decision. Is the Sith Empire an ally or an enemy? Or neither?" she said, starting up the discussion.

"I speak on both the behalf of Eshan, and all border planets when i say this. War is not a action that we need to take nor are we ready to take. A war, or ever continued hostility, will cause millions of deaths, trillions of wasted credits, and the possible destructions of home worlds like mine. If anyone has a valid reason for war i want to hear it because i will NOT stand for a useless war over territory and resources. We are a beacon of freedom and should not be thinking of starting wars like some greedy, power driven, Empire." He stood in his pod as he spoke, his voice worried and loud, calm but threatening anyone to argue with him and push for war.

Senator Beswin nodded to Senator @[member="Yusan Fenn"]. "It certainly is true that war is never much good. But neither is it tolerable to call ourselves 'a beacon of freedom' while we let planets certainly in our reach suffer Imperial rule. Understand senator, that I am not at all advocating for any sort of a war. Yet, I would like to know the answer to the following question from you, senator. What should the Republic do if the Sith Empire breaks our so-called peace treaty and attacks member planets under Republic influence?" she asked the Eshan senator.

"We defend them, as we should. That is why they part of the republic so that they arent alone in a conflict that would otherwise be impossible to resist. I do not mean for war to be completely unavoidable nor for the republic to just sit back while the Empire attacks the words that look to it for protection. But understand that we are not ready to fight a war should one come soon. That is why we must try to continue peace talks with the Empire so that we can make sure there are no invasions from them, or any other faction, in the near future." He looked towards @[member="Alena Beswin"] before finishing. "And Senator Beswin, to answer directly, if the Empire, or any faction, breaks the treaty i will personally be there to defend any border world whether i am still a Senator at that point or not. And i will stand by the fact that i do not want any war, but i cannot change things if they start one."

So this is the Senate, thought Jack. What a stiff lot they are.

"Hello," smiled Jack, waving his right arm with a flourish when it came to his turn to speak. "Hello, new senator from Kashyyyk. Cap...Senator Jack Sparrow. At your service." He gave a small bow, taking in the room before beginning in a voice that seemed a bit slurred. "Speaking as I do for Kashyyyk, I'd like to say that the Sith Empire is...a load of bollocks. They take worlds like fruit from a cart and everyone pretends no one saw them do it. Their policy of expansion at the expense of countless innocent lives and untold resources is an abomination to all free-thinking peoples, and I don't like it." He gave a single nod for emphasis, then put both hands on the railing of his box and leaned forward. "While it would ill-behoove us to make a wholesale attempt to free the worlds suffering under their Empirical yolk of magical tyranny, the good people of Kashyyyk state wholeheartedly and for the record that we favor a stance of moral outrage and continued hostility. I thank you."

"My fellow senators though I am of the opinion that the tyranny of the empire must be ended sooner rather than later. I also ask the senate are we ready for war? Can we truly hope to end an empire when all around us cracks are showing at our very core, I ask the senate to remember that we have impeached two chancellors in the last term. It would be ill advised to throw stones ,at what is at the moment a tame beast when it comes to us, when the foundations we stand on our crumbling beneath us. I push for intelligent delay on any and all aggressive action against the empire, yes we should prepare but we must fix ourselves before we fix the galaxy " Silas sat as ... slowly as he stood, The empire was a hard topic each answer was wrong but one had to decide which option is likely to allow the continued survival of the republic.

"Senator Sparrow, as much as i agree with you there is the point that the Republic cannot hold off the Empire should war break out. I ask all of you this question, especially those voting for hostile action, or worse war. If it comes, will you lay down your lives for the Republic and its people, will you be on the frontlines or will you be here sipping wine and attending Parties while thousands of our soldiers and navy officers, and millions of innocents, are killed all for your greed. Those who are prepared to take a life and order men to their deaths, are you ready to face your own death. The only man, or woman, allowed to cause the death of another is one ready to recieve his own demise." He stared from face to face, the greedy, pompous, and feeble bodied lot of them. Nothing of use, nothing of worth other than giving speeches and looking pretty. He shifted in his robes as he waited for a response, waiting for one of those who had voted for war to stand and defend himself. And if none did, it would still serve his purpose, the media would eat this up like it was their last meal.

@[member="Silas Opri"] @[member="Jack Sparrow"] @[member="Alena Beswin"] @[member="Philip J. Halen"] @[member="Jentara Vel"]

"For the ones who have voted for war... I do have to ask... What military do we have that will fight this war?" the Chancellor asked irritably.

"The Jedi will not fight the war for us if we start it, I know that for a fact. We don't have the military strength to go to war with the Sith without them. The idea of going to war now is rash and stupid" he stated, shaking his head.

@[member="Philip J. Halen"] @[member="Silas Opri"] @[member="Jack Sparrow"]

Alena let out a frustrated sigh. When she had drafted her Safe & Secure Act legislation, she had done so in the hopes that the Senate would have enough brainpower and responsibility in distinguishing what was what. Unfortunately, some senators apparently didn't seem to understand the entire point of the meeting, and argued amongst themselves of going to war and not going to war and what-not. That certainly wasn't main theme of the meeting. Even the chancellor didn't seem to understand what they were doing, unfortunately.

"Senators! I have a policy to propose before you. I suggest the following: the Galactic Republic continues its peace talks and so forth with the Empire, but also builds itself an army to defend our Republic just in case. Your thoughts, senators?" she said. "And also, let us discuss how to deal with our current relations with the Empire, not the merits and consequences of a war." she told Senator @[member="Yusan Fenn"].

Jack nodded. "Finally, someone talking sense besides me. An excellent suggestion, Senator from..." Jack paused to look down at the data screen on his dais. "Kuat. Succinct, and concise. Kashyyyk will not oppose this." Jack bowed to Sentor Beswin respectfully.

Yusan took a moment to compose himself before even looking in Senator Beswin's direction, then he answered after a few more moments. "I agree, continuing peace talks and building up the forces of the republic are necessities at this current times, and i put my vote and the people of Eshan's faith into the support of doing so. And as for our current relations with the Empire, i would rather we attempt to improve our relations with the Sith instead of worsening them through hostile action or worse military action." @[member="Alena Beswin"]

"Alena Beswin is in the right for this one" Halen said calmly. He didn't need to speak much. The Senators were doing quite well enough for him.

"A little bit of both, peace talks, yet building up a military... It's perfect" he said with a slight smile.

Alena nodded to @[member="Jack Sparrow"] with a thankful smile. She had never seen the senator before, and it seemed as though Kashyyyk had gotten a new senator.

"Excellent, I am very glad to hear that." she said with a nod to Senator @[member="Yusan Fenn"]. "Your support is much appreciated, your excellency." she added respectively to the Chancellor @[member="Philip J. Halen"].

Alena would give the Senate a few more minutes so that the other senators would have their chance to make some more remarks on the newly proposed policy.

Yusan spoke up once more, this time directing a question directly at the Chancellor. "Chancellor, if i may say something while we are on the subject of military buildup. I have recently spoke with two individuals whom approached me about the very subject and i wish to use this moment to mention the subject infront of the entire Senate. Representitives from Subach-Innes and the Hapes seems to have visited recently and i spoke with both and they had the thought of opening defense contracts with the Republic. I am bringing this to the floor to give us more options and to alert you and the rest of the Senate of these two groups. My point is they appear to want to either meet with you Chancellor or speak to entire assembly some time in the future to plead their case about opening the said contracts." @[member="Philip J. Halen"]

Senator Beswin merely nodded at Senator @[member="Yusan Fenn"]. "The much more credible Kuat Drive Yards is also capable of assisting in assisting the Republic in building itself an advanced military. However, the subject of military buildup should be addressed at another meeting, not this one." said the Kuati senator.

"I've done examinations. Kuat, while it has impressive ships, doesn't have everything we want. We need the heaviest possible technology, and there are other, more specialized companies that can provide us with better ships than our enemies have."

Jentara eyed the female senator over, curious as to what her affiliation was with Kuat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom