Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Regards to Codex species

Is there, by any chance, a way to request to re-open or redo a species that a person already previously submitted as long as there is no one playing as them or something? Because there is one that I really want to re-do, and it has been bothering me for sometime.

[member="Coffeeccubus"]
I'd just make a new species like it but with your redos. Maybe as a race of the species or a whole different species altogether. Don't wanna go touching other peoples things and have them REE-ing at you later.

I'm fairly sure you can request it be removed from Approved and make some changes to it in the Pre-Codex before resubmitting it to the Codex. Just as long as you have consent from the original poster that you can modify their submission. I'm sure a Codex Judge can give a more firm answer.

So, I'm not hundred percent certain on this. But from my viewpoint, you wouldn't be allowed to edit another person's submission, you could create a subspecies of that race that you wanted or create a new species that is similar but also has a fair amount of differences. It can be that they look similar but everything else is different.

Just my standpoint on the matter, hope it helps.

I am in agreement with Yuroic.

Yuroic Xeraic said:
So, I'm not hundred percent certain on this. But from my viewpoint, you wouldn't be allowed to edit another person's submission, you could create a subspecies of that race that you wanted or create a new species that is similar but also has a fair amount of differences. It can be that they look similar but everything else is different.

Just my standpoint on the matter, hope it helps.
Even if the original writer is inactive, and has been void of activity seemingly forever. There is always the one chance that they return, and if they look up their old entry and discovered changes had been made without their consent. It can cause an awful mess of problems. Which could have been avoided simply by doing a subspecies to build upon the already established lore. Otherwise, if you feel the changes are drastic enough to just create your own species, with minor similarities.

If it's your species, you can post here to have it returned to pre-codex and update it however you like (it must conform to current codex rules/utilize the current template/include a summary of changes if this is done). Alternatively you can resubmit completely, whichever you prefer.

If it's not your species, you cannot, but you could as suggested make a sub-species of someone else's species.

[member="Coffeeccubus"]

You can't edit something belonging to someone else. I'm sure if that was the case, myself or [member="Darth Carnifex"] would've went around declaring all furry and catgirls as extinct species that blew themselves up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom