Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship REG-870 Golden Eagle

Status
Not open for further replies.
REG-870.png

R E G - 8 7 0
"Golden Eagle" Starfighter

"Our children have looked to the skies with terror and fear. It is shameful that a starlit night inspires anything but happiness and dreams. We will right this tragedy. Take to the skies and make them safe again!"
- Dominus Verd, 872 ABY.

Factory-Short-Generic-Top.png
O O C _I N F O .
  • INTENT: An Starfighter for the Regnum Star Legion.
  • IMAGE SOURCE(S):
  • CANON LINK: ---
  • PERMISSIONS: ---
  • PRIMARY SOURCE: ---
P R O D U C T I O N _I N F O .
Factory-Long-Generic.png
T E C H . _S P E C SS T A N D A R D _F E A T U R E SA D V A N C E D _F E A T U R E SS T R E N G T H S

FLEXIBILITY: In order to prepare for any enemy engagement, the Golden Eagle's Flex Tube Launchers allow it to be armed with a variety of ordnance options.

FIREPOWER: As the marriage between a standard fighter and a dedicated strikecraft, the Golden Eagle can effectively strike ground and capital targets alike.

SUPREMACY: In order to seize the skies, the Golden Eagle can keep pace with even some of the most nimble starfighters.​

W E A K N E S S E S

SLAM: While the onboard sublight acceleration motor allows the Golden Eagle to keep pace with faster craft, it requires the power that woudl normally be devoted to the ship's Flex Tube Launchers. Pilots, esspecially, must choose between speed and power.

ENGINE CONSTRUCTION: Due to the cannibalized nature of the ship's construction, the thrusters and engine are especially sensitive to damage.

HYPERDRIVE RANGE: The Golden Eagle has a very short hyperdrive range, meaning that it must rely on being ferried by other ships to most sorties or risk being stranded.​

D E S C R I P T I O N
Factory-Short-Generic-Bottom-2.png

Seven years ago, when all that remained of the Confederacy settled on Verun, the heavens above were a terrifying sight. In those days, the Shiraya Expanse circled the fledgling settlement like vultures - with slavers, brigands, and other vicious souls conducting air raids under the cover of darkness. For months, the respite of night was robbed from the people; and so, the studied among them acted.

When the Southern Systems fell, most of its diverse array of starfighters was lost with it. In fact, when the remnants of the Confederacy fled to the Expanse, its flotilla had far more civilian transports than dedicated fighters. But, this did not deter the bright minds of the budding settlement. They took stock of what was absolutely vital for the nation's survival and cannibalized the rest. Subpar freighters, faulty starfighters, and other atypical sources were combined in order to defend the people.

The end result was an opportunity to take back the stars. Over the next seven years, the bright minds improved upon their efforts. In time, they were able to create a standardized model of starfighter that could balance space superiority and dedicated strike missions: the REG-870 Golden Eagle.

Armed to the teeth and swift as a soaring bird, the starfighter has become the primary vessel of the Regnum Star Legion. It serves dutifully in order to change the nighttime sky from something to be feared into something to be loved.

Testerr.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom