Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recruitment Campaign (Siobhan)

@[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] (Since this thread is slightly ahead of its time, it will be assumed that Tegaea has taken her position as 2IC of Omega Pyre, even though that hasn't been RP'ed yet.)

"Right, listen up, boys and girls!" Tegaea said, walking into the hanger. The crowd of mercenaries, crew and other OP members looked around to her. The redhead strode into the middle of the group carrying her weapons and gear.
"Major nest of badguys in the Salonika System. The Boss wants them to go away. They're slavers and scum, but they've got some ships and weapons we can use. Word is the Jedi are sending a delegation to try and ransom the prisoners they have. That's stupid; Aziz won't let them go, he'll try and seize the Jedi too, so we need to make it quick. You've all got your assignments; Team 1 you will provide fighter support while Team 2 boards the space station. I will lead Team 3 and infiltrate the station from the other side and capture Aziz. Standing orders are to shoot to kill bad guys. Spare the hostages and slaves, and check your fire for any Jedi running around. Any questions? No? Get to it."

And so the mission was underway. Salonika was a fair way off, and hopefully the Jedi wouldn't get into too much trouble before they arrived!

"I know it's not Corellian Fool's Day, but this has to be a bad joke?" Siobhan exclaimed. She had just received a fascinating mission briefing in the Council chambers.

"I do not appreciate the flippancy, Jedi Kerrigan," Master Kolar, an old Zabrak dressed in Jedi robes, stated. "I'm well aware of your history...that you've never fully absorbed the ideals our Order strives to achieve. There is, alas, a time and place for violence in our mission, but now isn't it. This Aziz and his men are dangerous criminals, but they've got hostages and it is our duty to free them. Ergo you will be assigned to the delegation the Council is sending to affect a peaceful solution."

Siobhan glowered at him. Those who knew her would see she was trying to control the urge to slap some sense into him. "This is ridiculous," she said bluntly.

"Scum like that...they don't give up without a fight. What are you gonna do, appeal to his nonexisting conscience? Or, I don't know, buy him to give up his merchandise - that's what these people are to them? So that the scum can get out and capture another load of slaves. Are you still gonna be peaceful then?"

"Jedi Kerrigan, do control yourself and your passions. The Council does not take this decision lightly, but the lives of the prisoners must be our priority. We aren't Sith and glory-hounds, seeking violence as an end in itself. If he refuses to see reason, we will act accordingly, but it must be a last resort. Before that we will exhaust every diplomatic option."

Siobhan sighed, clearly none of his words were getting through. "You don't get it," the increasingly annoyed look he shot did not deter the Knight. There were probably only three people in the Galaxy who could talk her out of things. Two...the most important people in her life, were dead. The third wasn't there and none of the three would've agreed with the Master anyway.

"Y'know, a Jedi's a top prize item on the market! They placate us with some platitudes, ambush and swarm us and the next day the delegation gets to see a Nar Shaddaa slave market as as a piece of meat for sale. I know a certain Sith who'd jump at the chance of getting some into her dungeon."

A certain Sith she had to kill.
Now the Master had reached the end of his patience. "That is enough. The Council so far has been very tolerant of your...general lack of discipline or understanding of your values, acknowledging your bravery and valour, but you have your orders and we expect you to head for Salonika at once. If the criminals attack us, I'm quite certain we will be able to deal with them."

Siobhan turned and departed for the door. But before she left the room she stopped. "Right. Cause certain Jedi really gave a good example of how to fight the good fight and show scum we mean business by sight-seeing in some old ruins while, you know, some of us and the Republic troopers were fighting."
Then she quickly moved out, heading for the hangar bays where the delegation of seasoned Jedi diplomatists was assembling. Before that she headed to her quarters to get a blaster and some grenades in addition to the lightsabre that was already attached to her belt.

While Siobhan was being a brilliant Jedi, the OP mission was under-way. Though space headed the large transport the 'Nebula', from which the rest of the Omega Pyre ships would launch.
As they came out of hyperspace near Salonika's fifth planet, Tegaea headed down to the Hanger Bay to get everything ready. A dozen interceptors would protect two heavily armoured troop transports which would contest the landing. Tegaea meanwhile had possession of a small stealth craft which would take her and a few chosen comrades into a secret infiltration.

As they put their plan into operation though the Jedi had already landed....

Siobhan looked antsy and antsy as they reached the Salonika system. She felt rather out of place amongst all the Jedi. Sure, most of them were Knights, but she was sceptical about how many of them had seen actual combat. Or actually understood how dark and grim the Galaxy could be. It was all well and good to read about it in history books, another thing was to experience it. Master Kolar had apparently decided to lead the mission in person.

"This plan is retarded," she murmured to herself when the landing ramp was lowered. A couple of pirates had assembled in the hangar bay, their welcoming commitee. She gripped her lightsabre tightly, though she had not ignited it yet. Some of the other Jedi shot her disapproving glances.

"The pirate leader has agreed to parlay with us," Kolar announced, "one of his lieutenants will meet us at the hangar bay and take us to our rendezvous point. You will stay at our ship and guard it. Just in case," he gestured to a few Jedi, who nodded. "But I'm certain that the Force will see us through this and make Aziz bow to reason. Only draw your weapons if the pirates attack first."

"You let them choose the spot? You're just begging for an ambush," Siobhan growled, shaking her head. And people say my plans suck. When one considered that Siobhan's usual plan was to storm with lightsabre in hand and guns blazing, it had a certain degree of logic that when she said something was poorly planned....she might have a point! Then again, perhaps not.

"You're always that eager for violence. It's like you want something bad to happen just so that you can get a fight. These pirates cannot stand against the Jedi Council," a Togruta female called Zarana, who was a Knight, stated.

Adril would give you a good scorching, Siobhan thought contemptuously. "Oh, they can. Just need big guns! You're just all so blind. There's only sort of language scum like that understands."

"Jedi Kerrigan, enough. If you are so dissastisfied with the Jedi values, the door is always open, but right now you are still part of this Order. Now, let us move. They are expecting us in the meeting hall, " Kolar stated in a determined voice that brokered no contradiction, stepping out and heading towards the pirate who appeared to be Aziz' lieutenant.

He was dressed in light battle armour and had a blaster rifle slung over his shoulder. Like so many villains, he had a goatee and smirked at them. Siobhan wondered how much misery the scum had caused. In a span of a few seconds, she had devised a dozen ways to put his disgusting life to an end. Some involved the application of hot rods of iron.

"Master, if they ambush us, they'll also cut off the Jedi at the hangar. We'll be surrounded."

However, the Jedi Master did not seem to pay any attention to her words and approached the pirate lieutenant. "I am Master Ardun Kolar of the Jedi Council. I have been sent to negotiate with your leader over the release of your prisoners. He expects our arrival. Take us to him right away."

"Oh, he sure expects you, Master Jedi," the pirate said with a grin and even gave a small, irreverent bow. "He's been goin' on about all week, how he's respectable now. It's such an honour to welcome you here. Don't worry none about the prisoners...they're all in one piece...but don't you try anything funny or things'll get violent." Right now iron rods sounded like a very good idea to Siobhan. Maybe after he had been given a good beating the slaves could exact justice on him. It would be only fair.

With an imminent sense of danger, Siobhan followed the Master and the small group of five Jedi into the pirate base, taking note all the ships parked in the hangar, possible exits and the heavily armed pirate patrols that seemed to be watching them like hawks. Several light repeating blasters, lots of grenades, two e-web and a grenade launcher - raiding settlements and taking slaves had paid off well for them. Siobhan kept her cyborg hand close to her sabre, drowning out the pointless code-spouting all around her.

Aziz was waiting in the hanger, seemingly relaxed. As the Jedi disembarked he held out his hands as though they were long-lost family.
"My friends! I'm so glad you could make it. Not many people come out here to see us, but those who do find they never want to leave!" he said grandly. He clicked his fingers and two pretty girls appeared carrying drinks. They were slaves of course, there to taunt the Jedi, and Aziz hadn't even bothered to cover up the bruises on their scantily clad bodies.

"So, what can I do for the noble protectors of truth and justice? Maybe you'd like to come join us? We certainly could find uses for you all," he added. His crew laughed, as such people do when they think they're being cunning.

Just stop yammering and start shooting already, Siobhan thought to herself, looking even more annoyed and angry when she saw the two bruised slave girls. If Adril had saved her on Nar Shaddaa, she would've ended up exactly like that. One of the Jedi murmured something, some nonsense about there being no emotion but peace. Siobhan had concluded that this code-spouting merely served the purpose of not having to think for yourself.
She imagined her lightsabre cutting Aziz' head off, she could see it tumbling to the ground. Or perhaps Force slam him into the wall so hard his bones would crack. Her jaw clenched, she felt on edge and tried to focus by scanning the area, sizing up the pirate crew around them. This was not going to go well.

Master Kolar made visible effort to control himself, seemingly calm. "These prisoners will. As per our agreement, we've come to negotiate the ransom of certain prisoners you are holding. You are a man with an eye to profit, you will undoubtedly see that a peaceful solution is in your interests. The Council is willing to ransom them for a reasonable sum if you see reason. Know that the Jedi Order is fully willing to use the lethal force necessary if you refuse to part with them and that would be the end of you and your people. It is a reasonable offer, you won't get another chance like this now that our Order and the Republic are arising."

"I have a counter offer, Master Jedi," Aziz replied snidely. He grabbed one of the slaves while his men seized the other, using them as a shield. "You surrender and come with us or all the hostages die...and then you die. You have one minute."

Perhaps knowing the outcome a sniper above aimed at Master Kolar's back....

At once several Jedi drew their lightsabres, the shimmering light of their blades filling the hangar. However, their tactical position was less than ideal. While lightsabres could block blaster bolts, that did only so much good when they were surrounded by pirates, who had grenades and rapid-fire repeaters to back them up. Moreover, there was the fact that the pirates had hostages.

"Listen...you stand no chance. The Jedi Order will not be..." whatever charismatic words Master Kolar might have spoken were cut off by Siobhan jumping into action.

"Go to hell." These negotiations had been doomed from the start. Drawing on the Force, she unleashed a mighty telekinetic blast directed against Aziz. The pirate leader was raised into the air and then slammed against the wall with a hard, bone-cracking thud, along with two of his comrades. The slave he had been holding fell to the ground. In the ensuing chaos the pirates started firing.

Kolar brought up his sabre, yelling out orders, but there was no time for him to take command in the mayhem as the sniper pulled the trigger and a blaster bolt connected with the back of the Master's head, blowing a large hole in it. Then another Jedi fell, yelping in pain. Countless laser bolts streaked through the air as the pirates laid down salvoe after salvoe upon the Jedi, who did their best to deflect them. One of the slaves was cut down right away, the remainder sought shelter. Siobhan felt a burning sensation as a blaster bolt grazed her shoulder and stormed forward, lightsabre in hand, viciously slashing at any pirates in her way as she tried to seek cover from the snipers and the grenades the pirates were started to lob into the fray.

Despite Siobhan's belligerent heroics though, she was outnumbered and forced to take cover. The tide seemed to be turning against her, despite the killing of many pirates.

It was then that there was a sudden explosion. Blasters and sluggers opened fire, taking the criminals by surprise. Many were cut down at once, others fled the hanger, but these in turn were caught in a crossfire from a group which had struck from the other side and now blocked the exits. With Siobhan's help soon all the slavers and pirates were cut down or captured.

Into the hanger strode Tegaea, giving orders confidently. It was only when she looked closer at the sole surviving Jedi that she stopped and stared. "Siobhan? Good gods girl, can you ever keep out of trouble?!" she asked with a grin.

On the ground Aziz reached for his pistol slowly, aiming for Tegaea's unprotected back....

The hangar bay was littered with corpses. Jedi, pirates, those slaves that hadn't been lucky enough to find cover. Siobhan was the sole surviving Jedi standing.

"I told them the plan sucked. And you'd think people would realise I know a thing or two about trouble!" That was admittedly a just a bit petty...but, in a way, she had a point!

Suddenly her danger senses flared up and she saw Aziz moving, levelling his gun at Tegs. No one messed with Tegs! Reacting quickly, Siobhan threw her still ignited lightsabre at him, using the Force to guide it straight to her target. Just before the mercenary pulled the trigger, the blade struck against his neck, the hot plasma slashed right into it, killing him. His pistol cluttered to the ground uselessly. Siobhan regarded the scum coldly as the sabre flew back into her hand. "Good riddance to you."

Tegaea had no idea what was going on, but she turned and saw Aziz fall lifeless to the floor. "Hmm, we wanted him alive but...no loss. Thank you, Jedi Kerrigan, your assistance is greatly appreciate," she said formally. Leaning forward she whispered in Siobhan's ear. "Thank you...pet."

Stepping back she got her people moving. "Get this scum to the brig. You lot, get the slaves together and get them food and clothes. Gather up the equipment and supplies and set the charges. I want this space station to go away. Jedi Kerrigan, would you care to join me on board to discuss matters?"

There was one other matter. The slave Aziz had held at gunpoint was left trembling in the deck, looking plaintively at Siobhan, but not daring to say anything.

"Oh, I'm quite certain I can make time for that," Siobhan responded. "Captain Alcori," she added formally enough. Or whatever rank Tegs had appropriated for herself the days. She spared the dead Jedi that littered the hall one last look. They had not deserved an end like that, though she did not feel sorry for the Master, who had led them into this debacle. If anything it just confirmed the negative thoughts she'd been having of the Jedi order as of late.

It was then that she noticed the trembling slave girl standing in the corner. Siobhan reattached her lightsabre to her belt and approached her slowly. "Hey, you're safe now. No one's gonna hurt you, the scum's gone," she said softly, trying her best not to appear intimidating. What with having a cyborg eye, a robot arm that looked like until recently it had been attached to a battle droid and lots of scars. Gently she removed the collar strapped around the girl's neck. "What's your name?"

"Mara...Mara's my name. Thank you, Master Jedi...that man Aziz was horrible! He made me..." she stopped, unable to go on, she sobbed a bit.

Tegaea watched the scene sadly. "She can stay with you if you want, Siobhan. Come aboard when you're ready...we're going to blow this thing up big time."

Siobhan looked sad, she recognised what the slave had endured all too well. She tossed the collar away, it landing against a ship. Gently she gave the slave a loose hug with her organic arm...she wasn't really comfortable with touching most people with the robo version. "The swine won't hurt you anymore," she stated. "Come with me, we'll get you some medical attention. No one's gonna hurt you like that, I'll make sure of it."

Turning she faced Tegs. "Right, I'm done here, let's blow this place sky-high," she spared Kolar a look. "Bloody idiot just couldn't use his brain. So, are you going to let me in on that big mystery you didn't wanna reveal on Coruscant?"

"Well, it's nothing too secret now, you see it all around you. I'm now the 2nd in command of Omega Pyre!" Tegaea beamed proudly. "I met with Cira and we merged our forces, and I got a nice promotion out of it too! Which means, Ms Kerrigan, we have something more to discuss!" She looked at the Jedi. "We'll give them back to the Order to be buried, say they died nobly, or whatever you want. Make them useful in death even if they weren't in life."

Mara followed them aboard, but clung to Siobhan's organic hand like she was afraid that if she let go she'd be taken back to her former position. It was only when she was brought on board the OP frigate and given clothes, medicine and food that she calmed down a bit and would let Siobhan leave to discuss matters with Tegaea.

Discuss, indeed.

"You could've told me," Siobhan mock-grumbled, pouting. "Anyway, congrats on moving up in the world!" She turned away from the dead Jedi and followed Tegs. "Yeah, send the Jedi their bodies. The Master was a braindead moron, but still they deserve that. Maybe it'll wake the Council types up....Tatooine will freeze over before that happens," she amended.

She gently patted Mara's hand before she let the girl go so that she could be patched. "You'll be fine now. Medics will patch you up. I'll be back soon."

Now Siobhan was left to 'discuss' important matters! "Right, I don't see my best friend for a couple days and then she shows up as 2IC of Mercs Galactic. Me, I visited Anaxes. The weather was bombing, the Grand Master was off sight-seeing and holding a history lesson or something. This really impressed the mean warlords there."

"Thanks! It's great news for me. The only way to get anywhere in this galaxy is by sticking together. Cira's got a good operation going on, and there's a lot of money in it too. Not many governments out here on the rim, so it's down to groups like us. We're the nicer ones, you might say." She listened to Siobhan's words about the invasion. "Yeah, I heard about Anaxes. Sounds like a real mess. The Jedi wandered off, I heard...most of them anyway. Some actually did their job and fought the warlords," she said meaningfully, looking at Siobhan.

They'd reached Tegs' cabin by now, and she invited Siobhan into the small room. "Don't mind the mess, my flagship and home base are much nicer places. Still, it does me when we're on these raids. Can I get you a drink...I've got that whiskey you like!"

Siobhan nodded. "One Master and some Paddy joined in when we started hitting the scum...rest had a history lesson. Or whatever. I wasn't exactly paying attention. I mean, they want to get a piece of the cake that's called the Republic and then they don't even do anything. As it is, they're just being pretty useless. Wouldn't blame that chancellor woman if she stopped funding them, as pompous as she is," Siobhan said cynically. Adril had been the only Jedi with brains...and neither she nor Siobhan had ever been Jedi in the way the Code demanded.

"Right, enough of them," she stated as the reached the cabin. Siobhan did not comment on the mess, she wasn't exactly an orderly person so she couldn't mind it. She grinned at Tegs. "Y'know, you don't have to get me drunk first to make me all loosen up and get willing," she winked at her. "But, yeah, could use a whiskey. Thanks." Consumption of whiskey always improved Siobhan's mood!

"I know, but it helps!" Tegs said, tossing her a bottle and a glass. It was unopened, just the stuff Siobhan liked best.

"So, I know you're a Jedi and all, but you're not as damn useless as the rest of them. So, want to join up with OP? The pay's good, we have a mission, and we don't do any of the shady stuff, like slavery or assassination." Tegaea was not one to mince words. "And of course, you'd be under my command...which is surely the best enticement of all, right?" she asked smugly.

"That sure are you, Madam Whiplash? As I recall, I saved your tight arse, " Siobhan said a bit teasingly catching the bottle. She poured herself a glass and took a swig of the strong liquor, then chuckled.

"Y'know, Adril and I once joked we'd go private contractor if the Council didn't lift my exile and let me back in after...you know, Shadow and all that. Sith Hunters Extraordinary. Before she died." She was quiet for a short moment. She could talk and think about Adril without immediately being hit by the trauma of her demise, but time could not heal everything. "Frankly, I'm pretty much done with the Jedi. I don't belong in some bloody Temple." She gulped another shot of whiskey down. "Hmm. Would I have to start saluting you then?" she asked sarcastically.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom