Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Recovery and Retreat

Appearance: Link
Outfit: Link
Necklace: Link
Weapon: Lightsaber (concealed)
Tag: Cyran Vaas Cyran Vaas

When he said it was okay to handle the payment over on Coruscant, Valery felt some relief and nodded. Usually, payment happened upfront or still on board the ship you took to get from one place to another, but she had expected to just take her own shuttle off Klatooine, so while she carried some credits on her, it would have never been enough to pay for anything.

But the relief faded as quickly as it came — she could feel that something was off about the man, as he stared out through the window of the ship. Something was on his mind, and after a moment of silence, he finally voiced his concerns.

"You said that amulet isn't supposed to fall into the wrong hands right?" Cyran questioned, all the while still looking out the window from his pilot's seat. "Is that like the Sith? Or some sort of other nefarious cult?"

Valery glanced at the wrapped-up amulet in her hand and blinked, "Sith, dark side cults, or even just people who might try to sell it without understanding what it is," she explained while she kept her eyes fixed on him. His tone and demeanor had shifted, and for some odd reason, she almost felt like she had to protect the amulet now.

"I want to purge the artifact and store it somewhere safe, so it can't cause any harm. But I need to get back for that first," she said with a more careful tone, almost as if she was growing a little suspicious. She tried not to show that too much though because he had still helped her and she trusted him.

But she also understood what fear could do to someone.

"Look..." she began after a moment, as she felt his paranoia and fear only growing stronger, "I get that this isn't exactly a comfortable situation to be in, but nothing bad is going to happen as long as the wrapping remains untouched. You have to trust me, just for now. When we're back on Coruscant, I'll give you your payment and you won't ever have to see me or this thing again, alright?"

Outfit: X (With pink skin)
Tag: Valery Noble Valery Noble

IGqn8QU.png

Still looking outside the ship he slowly nodded along to her words. Part of him trying his best to listen to her and not feel afraid. Taking a deep breath it’s like there was a mental battle going on in that rather gullible mind of his. Eventually he heard something, a voice. “She’s lying to you, look at her eyes and see.” The unfamiliar voice said. Slowly his gaze shifted from the window to her where he saw her eyes. Those vibrant orange eyes practically confirmed his suspicions. “Only a Sith has such intense hues. She’s no Jedi, stop her!” It screamed at him and practically forced Cyran into action.

Gently setting his cup of tea aside he clenched his fist. His fearful expression betrays his intentions. “I’m sorry Miss Noble, I can’t let you leave with that amulet…” Cyran explained he didn’t want to hurt her, but he couldn’t help a “Sith” potentially cause more harm with the artifact. In a burst of movement he stood up from his seat and looked down at her. Raising his fist at her, an invisible energy would attempt to pin her up against the wall. A small tactical tractor beam projector was hidden inside his vambrace, the effect almost simulating telekinesis in The Force to an extent.

Part of Cyran didn’t even feel like himself, like he was under the influence of something. Like he was intoxicated with paranoia. But he couldn’t risk her being a Sith and leaving with this powerful artifact. She said nothing bad will happen if the wrappings remain untouched. Perhaps that too was just another lie. If his maneuver here worked he would use his free hand to try and swipe the amulet from her hand.

The moment he set his cup aside and clenched his hands into fists, Valery already felt his intentions echoing through the Force. But despite the incoming attack, she didn't do anything — if she were to fight back and try to knock him out, she'd likely only make the situation worse. So instead, she took the hit and felt herself get blaster out of her chair, and into the wall.

Umpff...

She gritted her teeth from the less than pleasant impact and tried to move against the pressure, but it kept her pinned down. She would have to use the Force to escape, but she didn't want to fight him at all. Part of her also worried that any wrong move she made would have him draw a more serious weapon, and that could really be a problem for both of them.

"Don't...do it..." she gritted her teeth and watched his hand remove the nullification wrapping. The moment it was gone, the Dark Side began to flow freely through the ship, and it immediately targeted their minds. But while Valery could shield herself against it, he would likely struggle a lot more. Along the currents of the Force, dark, eerie whispers were forced into the mind alongside terrible hallucinations meant to drive the target completely insane. "Cyran! You have to let me go before it's too late!"

IGqn8QU.png

As she pleaded with him not to make this mistake he only shook his head. Her lies and deception couldn’t convince him any more, he believed. He kept his vambrace trained on her to keep her pinned against the wall. All the while with his free hand after taking the amulet and unwrapping it. Cyran’s own misguided actions only add to the tragedy at hand. Once he completely unwrapped the amulet a wave of darkness engulfed him. With no way to shield himself from the effects of it his mind was completely lost.

From Cyran’s perspective the ship around him began to vanish and change. Valery herself disappeared from his perception as his world shifted around him. He was transported to a home, but it was no ordinary or random household, and upon that realization Cyran’s eyes became glassy. Looking down at himself he was in the body of a child, he was reliving his worst memory. The eve of the 12th Taungsday, 844 ABY, Cyran was only six years old.

All the while as Cyran’s was being trapped in a horrible hallucination his body was still on the whip with Valery. Having become distracted now his attention drifted away from Valery. Lowing his fist the tractor beam was shut off, no longer forcing her against the wall. In his fist he tightly clenched the amulet and began to walk away from the cockpit, as if he’d completely forgotten about her.

From his perspective he was still back in his childhood home. Hearing the voices that convinced him to assault Valery just a moment ago as it peered into the bounty hunter’s mind.
“Oh, so this is why you were so easy to manipulate. Why you already had such disdain for her as a Jedi.” It stated, the ghostly words surrounded him as he explored the empty house. No matter where he looked or what rooms he checked there was nobody else there. He was all alone. “Just another victim, orphaned on that day when countless people across the galaxy vanished without a trace.” The voice taunted him, causing the small child to tear up now scared and alone wondering where their parents went. The day that the Force cemented itself in Cyran’s mind as an indifferent and inescapable eldritch horror. How could anyone revere such an entity?

"Don't, Cyran!" she called out again, as the invisible force kept her pinned with her back against the wall. But he no longer listened to her at all, and when the wrapping was removed, the assault against the man's mind began. Valery could feel the Dark Side flowing around them both, but where her strength in the Light shielded her from its effects, Cyran was drawn deep into the corners of his mind where the most painful memories lingered.

What happened next wasn't something Valery could see with her own eyes, but she could feel it — his pain and the fear that was attached to whatever memory it was he experienced again. The Dark Side always looked to bring out these powerful emotions, even in those unable to truly feel or control the Force. If it could drive someone insane, it could just as easily take control over the mind of its target, and that's what it slowly sought to do.

"Snap out of it!" she exclaimed but he was drawn so deep into his own mind that he likely couldn't hear her even if he wanted to. But with this level of distraction, Valery was at least set free again, and as quickly as she could, she moved after the man, who held the amulet tightly in his fist. She couldn't pull it out using the Force, so she sprinted up to him and stepped directly into his path. "You're not alone, Cyran. Fight back, and give me the amulet before it's too late," she said as she stood in front of him,

There was no way around her now — either he stopped and offered the amulet, or he'd have to go right through her.

"Let me help you," she said, as she tried her best to connect with his mind and allow her strength to shield him. It was risky and difficult, but she needed to break whatever was hitting his mind so hard.

IGqn8QU.png

Cyran was only half aware of what was going on. In the sense that he realized he’d made a horrible mistake going against Valery for the amulet and that his concern was used against him. He couldn’t hear her speak to him, the vision blocked all of that out. He was stuck in a freighting trance.

“It’s still in you, all that fear of loss and abandonment is there. Weighed down by your happy go lucky persona. But you feel it still all the same, for your friends, family, and your wife…” The malicious voice continued to talk down to Cyran.

Physically some tears began to run down his face, as Valery got in front of him. He didn’t see her, but he began to sense her trying to help. Like a magical energy countering the one from the amulet. “Don’t give into her Cyran, she trusts and reveres The Force, the same thing that took your parents away from you. Resist her!”

“No!” Cyran was beginning to see through the lies of the amulet. Through his emotional telepathy he could sense Valery’s trying to help him and knew it was genuine. Closing his eyes he looked as if he was trying to hold up a great weight as he raised his hand up to Valery. The amulet rested in his upward palm. Cyran faced away from it wanting nothing to do with it anymore. “P-Please Valery, take it…” He pleaded with her, sorry for his betrayal moments earlier.

When tears began to run down his cheek, Valery looked at him with a deeper frown — he didn't even notice her presence, and whatever he was seeing must be extremely horrifying. But with her reaching out to his mind and her desire to help him flowing through the Force, she finally was getting the upper hand against the artifact that sought to control his mind.

Perhaps his own mental strength and empathy helped too, but regardless of what helped him snap out of it, he finally noticed her again.

"P-Please Valery, take it…" He pleaded with her, sorry for his betrayal moments earlier.

Valery harbored no hard feelings about what happened — she understood why he had been unable to trust her, and what the artifact did to him wasn't something she could blame him for either. But she did still want to neutralize it, so without a second thought, she took the artifact and quickly moved back to the cockpit to put it back in its nullification wrapping. With that, the effect the amulet had on their minds faded, and Cyran especially would likely feel a huge sense of relief.

"Hey..." she said with a worried, yet caring tone, "Are you okay?"

IGqn8QU.png

Although Cyran himself could only really sense Valery without seeing or hearing her he put his trust in her to take the amulet. Feeling it get snatched from his hands it helped him greatly to know that this was only an illusion showing his worst memory. He wasn’t actually 6 year old and back on Zeltros. However, the voice continued to scold him in desperation. Cyran couldn’t even fully comprehend the horrid words it spoke as it tried to get in some quick verbal and emotional jabs into Cyran before being dealt with.

After Valery managed to wrap the amulet back up again the world created by the hallucination quickly began to disperse and fade from Cyran’s senses. There he was again, standing in his ship. Letting out a deep breath his body began to ease again. Stepping back he leaned against the wall before slumping down onto the floor. Resting his head back against the metal hull of the ship.

He wiped his face with his hands, as he felt himself become more grounded in the real world. Hearing Valery approach and her words he looked up at her. Eyes still fairly watery, and his skin a deeper shade of pink. He took a few seconds to collect himself and his thoughts. “Y-yeah I think so, and you? I just… I’m so sorry, and so ashamed about the stunt I just tried to pull there.” He was honest, feeling great shame for what just happened and for possibly hurting or jeopardizing her. “D-Did you see it too?” He asked, choking up some of his words. Clearly unsure what her perspective was on what just happened and if she saw the illusion that displayed his history. Cyran looked thoroughly worn out now, and exhausted. The rather cool and confident spacer persona has crumbled apart now, and he felt vulnerable.

With the amulet safely wrapped up again, Valery returned from the cockpit and looked at Cyran as he sat with his back against the wall. The memories that had been forced into his mind had worn him out greatly — she could visibly see that on him. But through the Force, she felt how it affected him a lot more, and she couldn't help but feel sorry for him. The fact that he had briefly turned against her didn't seem to matter at all.

"Y-yeah I think so, and you? I just… I'm so sorry, and so ashamed about the stunt I just tried to pull there."

"I'm fine, I can shield myself against the effects of artifacts," Valery said with a calm, and hopefully somewhat comforting tone, "I also forgive you for what you tried... I understand it. But I do hope you trust me enough now to help me get to where I need to go. This item is dangerous, and I don't want others to go through what you just did."

She then stepped closer and crouched down to bring herself to his level, "I also didn't see anything, I only felt what it was doing to you. So don't worry about that, your past is safe with you," she smiled and inched closer, "Come on, I'll help you get to your seat in the cockpit. It's more comfortable than the ground."

Valery then offered her help to get him up to his feet, and would bring him to the cockpit if he chose to accept it

IGqn8QU.png

As Valery spoke and reassured him that she was alright. His body easing up some now that it was mainly him that seemed to take the brunt of his mistake. Closing his eyes he let out another deep breath still climbing down the high stresses he just endured.

He opened his eyes as she crouched down next to him. Cyran nodded to her words, not being too concerned if she saw the illusion too or not. Letting her help him up into his pilot seat in the cockpit. Cyran still looked a little out of it, processing what just happened to himself. “It took me back, back to when I was little.” He opened up some, looking back at Valery. “Zeltrons like me, we have a bad habit of bottling up our negativity. You’re always trying to feel good and be happy.” He confessed to her. Many like him didn’t really have the best coping mechanisms. Which shouldn’t be too surprising for the hyper empathy party culture to root out negativity wherever it was.

Cyran always felt like that was an unspoken darkside to zeltron culture. Was that an unsustainable priority to stay positive. It often made Cyran rather homesick, or that he was going through emotional withdrawal whenever he was away from home for long periods. “I guess I was already at a bit of a boiling point, and that amulet made me realize that pressure against you, and used my lifelong distrust of people like you to add fuel to the fire.” Now that he was calming down more his skin was returning to a more light shade of pink.

"I don't think it's just a Zeltron thing, but I understand it's probably a lot more common," Valery said with a soft smile. It was something she used to struggle with in the past especially — she wasn't open about her emotions, and especially when she felt awful, it bottled up inside until she finally did break.

But Zeltrons were a whole different thing altogether, and she knew that even from her limited experience with them.

Valery finally sat down in the seat across from him, and looked at Cyran as he continued to speak,
"People like me?" she asked when he finished getting some things off his chest. Her tone suggested that she wasn't upset or insulted, but she did want the clarification. "Are you referring to Jedi or just Force sensitives in general?"

She paused and quickly added, "I understand where it can come from, but I just want to know if I can help somehow."

IGqn8QU.png

Looking back at her as she replied he agreed. “Yeah, I’m sure what I’m feeling isn’t wholly unique. Maybe just a little compounded with my background.” Leaning back some in his seat he looked back out the cockpit window. He wiped the dried tears from his eyes and face.

Then he heard her ask about people like her. He lowered his head in shame. “Like Jedi, Sith, and any other Force religions or sects out there. It’s not like people choose to be Force sensitive, but they can choose to revere The Force.” He tried to explain to her, but he figured there was no real use in keeping secrets, and maybe he should explain why he feels the way he does.

“Back in 844 ABY, I was only 6, and I lost my parents that day, vanished without a trace. I was orphaned, and I certainly wasn’t alone.” He figured she’d recognize that as the “netherworld event” as some have called it. Where he was from they called it a different name. “The Force took them… so naturally all this time I’ve been put off by people who dedicate themselves to such an uncaring eldritch horror.” He confessed to her.

“But now, I don’t know. Maybe this whole time I was just the one who was misguided, and didn’t understand. Maybe I’m still just the same foolish kid grasping at straws to make sense of an insensible tragedy. And I don't know of any way you can help with ancient history like that.” It would likely seem clear that all this weighed heavily on him.

Her question had sparked the response she was looking for, but what he explained was very difficult to help him with. There were a lot of people out there who didn't like the Jedi, the Sith, or other Force-sensitives, but it was rarely for reasons so personal as these. So after she gave him the chance to get it all off his chest, she just nodded.

"The Force is a very complex thing to deal with and understand. As Jedi, we try to use it to help people and maintain peace, but terrible things can be done with it as well."

That was the big difference between all the various groups — how they choose to use the Force. Some used it for guidance or to help others, but some commanded it to rise to greater power and bring others down in the process. A lot of people didn't really care about this difference or simply didn't know, but she hoped he would.

"I... don't think I can help you when it comes to the Netherworld event, but I can show you what the Jedi are about. I hope that I have already, to some extent at least," she said with a soft smile, "Not all Force users have bad intentions."

IGqn8QU.png

Cyran listened to valery’s words and nodded back. “Yeah, and honestly, I feel like just being able to open up some about it is nice. I’ve never really talked about it with anyone.” Looking at her he let out a sigh. “To be honest I never really knew what the difference was between the Jedi and Sith. And I never really cared to know the difference either. Just seemed like simple folks like me are just spectators caught in the crossfire ya know?”

He turned in his chair, facing the crontrolls in the cockpit and continued to speak. “I can still understand if you wanna get off this ship and away from me as soon as possible.” He said, even if she still didn’t harbor any hard feelings towards him. Cyran just wanted to make sure the option was there for her to take. “But if you’d let me, I want to help you see your mission though? Not just to drop you off at Coruscant, but actually where you need to be, and maybe help me settle the score with this amulet?”

He asked her, hoping she’d let him tag along on her quest to make sure that amulet didn’t end up in the wrong hands. Sure, that won’t fix being orphaned or bring his parents back. But he felt it could be a step in the right direction to getting even with The Darkside, especially for a fairly ignorant non-Force user like himself.

"I honestly don't blame you," Valery said with a soft smile, "Especially in times of war, the differences are a lot more blurry to those who can't do anything while their homes are destroyed and lives are ruined. But there is very much a difference, and I can guarantee you that the Jedi aren't the ones who create things like..." she looked down at the artifact and frowned. "Things like this."

Valery then watched him turn around in his chair, and while she expected a return to Coruscant finally, he made an offer that gave her a lot more hope, "I could use the help, so let's go together. Once we're there, I'd like to show you something as well," Valery continued before she leaned over and reached for the navigational controls. She paused a moment, making sure he was okay with her entering coordinates, before actually inserting them.

The strange thing though, was that they seemed to bring the ship to some rather unknown planet deep in the outer rim.

"That's where I need to be."

IGqn8QU.png

Part of Cyran felt like he really just needed to take Valery’s word for it, and that the Jedi weren’t the zealous monsters he thought they were. But then again those words were back by action that he just experienced first hand when she helped him with the amulet. He felt that it also spoke volumes that she didn’t blame him for betraying her trust like that.

Seeing that she would accept more of his help he smiled, glad that she would let him see this mission of hers through. After watching her punch the coordinates in for her actual destination and seeing where it was he seemed surprised that it was so deep in the outerim. “Oh wow, that’s pretty off the beaten path. Hmm, now I’m no astroprahper, but given that there’s no hyperlanes near there. It might take us a few days. Fortunately we’re still not too far from Klantooine which helps.” Cyran than pressed a button on the dashboard that activated the ship’s intercom.

“P4, roll in the cockpit for me, need your help plotting a new course.” He said over the light freighter’s sound system. Looking back to Valery he continued. “Do you know anything about this planet? I don’t recognize it personally.” After he asked, his R4 astromech droid rolled into the cockpit with them. Giving off some annoyed chirps and wondering what the deal was before checking the coordinates themselves.

-“I hope you're upcharging our passengers here for the course correction.”- The droid said as it got the vessel to change course to the new location. Rolling back from the controls R4P4 looked at the two of them and added. -“I heard some shouting earlier…”- Then they glared at Cyran. -“Cyran you dog! I hope you weren’t making any unwanted moves on our passenger!”- The droid chastised the bounty hunter. Which earned them an annoyed kick for coming to such a conclusion.

“Okay, get back to your oil change!” Cyran said back, annoyed with the astromech as it judgingly rolled back out of the cockpit. Looking back to Valery he added. “I don’t know where he got that idea from, he might be overdue for a minor memory wipe.” He said with a nervous laugh.

"There isn't much to know about this planet, it's largely uninhabited," Valery said in response while she turned in her chair, "But there's an ancient vault there with relics stored in nullification resin, which is where I'll be taking this." She then paused for a moment and looked at him, some concern in her eyes about something.

"Once we leave, please never share this location with anybody. It could endanger a lot of people if these artifacts were found." She wasn't too worried that he would, but it was definitely worth mentioning. The artifacts were kept on an uninhabited world for a reason — they should remain far away from anything living.

Her eyes then shifted to his droid as it entered and commented something about unwanted moves. It sparked a smirk on Valery's lips, who quietly looked at Cyran to gauge his reaction. It was clearly amusing to her, so when he turned to her to apologize, she just turned to the instruments with a grin,
"Well, it did get pretty loud here for a moment..." she teased. "But don't worry."

Focusing back on the trip, Valery relaxed and patiently waited for them to arrive...

div1.png
"There it is," Valery said when they finally dropped from hyperspace and the large jungle world became visible. Life sign scans would reveal that the planet swarmed with life, as one would expect from a jungle, but almost none of it was intelligent. Leaning forward, Valery entered a new set of coordinates into the computer, which seemed to point at a clearing in the thick vegetation.

"Can you get us down there?"

IGqn8QU.png

Cyran agreed to what she had to say. He wouldn’t tell anyone about it. “Understood, and when we leave I’ll make sure to clear the navigational history to it from my ship. So I likely won’t even be able to retrace our steps back to it.” He explained to her.

Even though Valery said not to worry his face did turn a deeper shade of pink as he blushed some in embarrassment. “I’mma go check on the uh, the fuel tank. Gotta make sure we have enough for the trip.” He said before getting up to go do just that…

Several days later, like Cyran had predicted, they finally arrived on the mysterious planet. He walked into the cockpit with Valery and looked at the Jungle world. “Ick, you didn’t tell me we’d be going to a jungle.” Cyran whined, seemingly having some kind of predisposition to worlds like this. “Well at least this time I should have the proper wetwear. Last time I was at a place like this I got really sick and almost lost my foot.”

But Cyran nodded to her question and sat in the pilot's seat, where he maneuvered the ship carefully into the clearing that she mentioned. After gently landing the light freighter onto the ground he looked back over at Valery and spoke. “Is it a particularly far trek to get from here to where we’re going?” He asked while he began turning off the engine and thrusters to the ship now that they've arrived.

Tag: Cyran

"Right, I probably should have mentioned that... sorry," she said with a slightly apologetic smile. Valery was so used to jungles that she sometimes forgot they were rather extreme to most people and that they required some preparation. Luckily, this was going to be a quick approach to store it away, and then they'd be out of there again.

The risks were minimal.

The ship was brought down and after its engines were turned off, Valery turned to Cyran and smiled,
"About an hour to get there and an hour back. Maybe a little longer if you're not used to moving through jungles," she said before she got out of her seat and walked with him to leave the ship behind and step into the mostly unknown jungle world.

"There are some dangerous predators out there, but they usually stay away. But just to be safe, it's probably best if you stay close to me. I'll know if they're getting close."

IGqn8QU.png

“It’s alright, I’ll manage.” He replied to her, soon after going to get himself readied with some of his trusty gear and gadgets. He wasn’t expecting a war so he wasn’t gonna bother going fully kitted out. Before he walked out with Valery he let his astromech know what was up and to call him if anything serious came up.

Following her down the ramp he responded to Valery’s last statement. “Well I kinda figured that, places as seemingly lush as this are bound to have some competitive fauna.” He also rolled his eyes. “You shouldn’t need to worry about little ol’ me. Unless some Force sorcery or witchcraft is afoot I wouldn’t be too worried about any extra nippy predators. I’m sure even a greater krayt dragon won’t be a match for master jedi and their world class bounty hunter companion.” He replied with a confident smile. As the boarding ramp began to close up behind them.

He just felt like his only issue would be that he had no clue which direction they should be heading. “But I’ll stick close behind and uh, watch your six as you lead the way.” Cyran was typically much better navigating the concrete jungles of urban sprawls. To an extent at times. The wars of yesteryear turned places like Coruscant into more literal jungles. Centuries back the vong corrupted parts of the lower city into lush hellscapes, and the sad part was that even then it probably wasn’t much worse than it was before.

After a few moments Cyran felt like expressing some of his lingering curiosity.
“Valery, you're a jedi right? I hope this isn’t rude or anything. But I was wondering if, um, you maybe had a… lightsaber?” He admiralty didn’t know much about the Jedi but he did know of their signature weapons. “I’ve never really gotten a good look at one before in person. I kinda, sorta, maybe wanted to see if you had one that was hidden on you or concealed.” Again his pink skin deepened a bit and felt embarrassed for asking like that and making his question possibly seem more awkward than he meant it to be. “Y-You don’t have to think if you don't want to. I was just wondering, you know.” His eyes would look away and into the foliage as one of his hands rubbed the back of his head. He felt like a nervous teenager asking out their crush for the first time. Which he didn't need his natural emotion telepathy, or her force sensitivity to deduce that. Cyran hoped he wasn’t out of line for asking and would warrant being chastised or chewed out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom