Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Reconnecting

Appearance: Link
Outfit: Factory Link
Weapon:
Double-Bladed Lightsaber
Tag: Amani Serys Amani Serys

The gatekeeper chuckled, "I believe you know it's not necessary anymore, Amani," he said with a calm and warm tone of voice before he briefly glanced over in Valery's direction, who simply nodded her head in agreement. She had felt the way Amani was tapping into the Force as well, and it was clear that her control had returned. Or at least, enough to where she could take any further steps on her own.

"Whatever once stopped you from connecting with the Force is no more. The mind, the body and the Force are one," he continued with a kind smile.

"May the Force be forever with you, Amani,"

With those last few words, the gatekeeper disappeared and the holocron shifted back into the floor, where it would sit and wait for the next Jedi to arrive for guidance. Then, a moment of silence lingered before Valery stepped forward.

"How are you feeling?" she asked as she joined the Mirialan by her side.

Amani stared silently for a long while, reflecting on the hologram's analysis as it spoke. Only with its parting words did she give some semblance of recognition, upon which she smiled flatly, and gave the gatekeeper a slight bow as it left.

The silence continued a bit longer, until Valery stepped beside her. Amani looked down at her hands and flexed them, then nodded, "...Good." She smiled again, turning to Valery.

"Is that… it, then? I'm myself again?" Everything felt right. The gatekeeper believed as much. Valery believed as much. Even Amani understood the evidence before her, but still she voiced that degree of uncertainty.

The mirialan shook her head, "Guess I just didn't really think I'd ever get to this point," She stifled a quiet laugh. It was a reality that would take some getting used to.

Last edited:

Weapon:
Double-Bladed Lightsaber

"I'd say so, yes," Valery said with a smile in response to the woman's question. But at this point, Amani herself seemed to believe it just as much as the Gatekeeper and Valery did — the Force was with her again the way it once had been, and even her control over it had returned.

"Guess I'd just didn't really think I'd ever get to this point,"

Valery dipped her head, "Long journeys tend to have that effect on us. So much time passes and so many changes happen that it's hard to believe it all comes to an end," she chuckled and patted the Mirialan on the shoulder in a friendly way, "But when one journey ends, another usually begins."

She let that linger for a moment.

"You don't have to tell me, or you might not even be sure yet, but what are you planning to do next? Now that you've finally reached this point."

Amani opened her mouth but stayed silent a moment longer, at an apparent loss of ideas. For so long she’d simply moved on. Then it became her single-minded goal. Now, she suddenly had no path ahead. Not even a push to drift onwards like during those years in between.

“…I don’t know.” She scoffed a laugh. “I feel a lot of different callings, all pulling me in different directions,” Amani admitted. A spacer. A doctor. Even a Jedi. She had not expected to feel the pull of the latter so greatly by the end of things, yet here she was.

“I-I need to think some things over. Figure out what I really want to be.”
The openness of it all was overwhelming. Was that nervousness she felt, or excitement? A bit of both, probably.

“I know I’ve said this a million times already, but I appreciate all the help you’ve given me. I’m not sure what I would’ve done without it,” Amani turned back to Valery, this time, leaning into a bow deliberately.

Weapon:
Double-Bladed Lightsaber

"I know I've said this a million times already, but I appreciate all the help you've given me. I'm not sure what I would've done without it,"

Valery smiled warmly and bowed deeply in return, "It's been my pleasure to help. Sometimes it feels as if being a Jedi is all about fighting in the war these days, but to me, journeys like this really make it all feel worth it." she said before she turned back towards the exit of the hall they were in.

"As for your future, there's plenty of time to think, and no need to rush a decision. And if you ever need help again, feel free to reach out," she offered one more smile before she started to guide them back out the way they came. "For now though, why don't we head back to the ship and I'll get a warm meal and some tea ready? We've been out in this cold long enough, I think." she chuckled, and together with the Mirialan, she'd leave the Dawn Temple behind once again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom