Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Reconnecting

Appearance: Link
Outfit: Factory Link
Weapon:
Double-Bladed Lightsaber
Tag: Amani Serys Amani Serys

While Amani mentally prepared herself to step inside, Valery remained quiet and extended her own senses into the caves. It took some effort to pierce through the cloud of darkness, but a steady mind was always able to do so, and within a few seconds, she understood what was waiting for them up ahead.

With a nod of her head, she then offered the Mirialan the confirmation she was looking for, and this is when it became interesting to Valery.

Because sharp, controlled senses would pick up on something else with a presence in the Force within those caves. It wasn't a person nor did it feel very strong in the Force, but it was tainted by the Dark Side. And the further Amani moved into the cave, the more it would feel like this very presence was watching each and every move she made from the shadows.

Yet, Valery said nothing, followed her inside, and just watched. She wanted to see if Amani could pick up on the corrupted ice wolf herself. It was likely going to strike soon or try something, so the younger woman had to act.

But if the Force wasn't quite helping her yet, Valery was ready to interfere.

The nod was enough of a go ahead for her. Each step was slow and deliberate, and with each one the overwhelming presence within the caves became heavier. The drawbacks of the Forceful confluence became clearer in turn; In a sense, the Light was almost… distracting, making the Dark all the more paranoiac. It seemed she still had yet to pick up on what really lurked inside.

Amani withdrew her staff, extending the metal rod to its full length. Just when she did, the presence of the other registered. She slowly turned around, and her suspicions were confirmed by the low, distorted growl which emanated in that shadowed recess.

Then a burst of movement, illuminated only by the sudden ignition of a white blade; the end of Amani's staff, now revealed in its true form as a saber pike. Speed was not on her side however, as she was tackled to the ground by an eldritch, lupine monster: the corrupted icewolf Valery had warned of. Its bites were fended off by the haft of her pike, jaws snapping unsuccessfully against the metal, mere inches from her face. The wolf had the physical advantage, and Amani was spurred into further action when its long claws raked into her arm. From her belt, she scrambled to grab another weapon, a more traditionally styled lightsaber, and with it she impaled the wolf on a sword of blue, silencing it once and for all. The rampage was brief, mere moments, but no less intense because of it.

The body rolled off to the side, and Amani laid still on the ground, recovering with panicked breaths.

Weapon:
Double-Bladed Lightsaber

The wolf was getting closer, going low and showing every signal it was going to attack, but Valery didn't move an inch. She wasn't going to let some beast tear apart the Mirialan if she really couldn't connect with the Force well enough yet, but she had to first figure out what she was capable of already, and perhaps push her even more.

Strength often came when one needed it most; not when one wanted it most.

When the two finally clashed and hit the ground together, Valery stepped closer and considered interfering, but she felt no true danger in the Force. As bad as the situation looked, the younger woman was more than capable of defending herself, and with a quick ignition of a lightsaber, the fight was over rather suddenly.

"Are you alright?" Valery asked with a caring tone, as she quickly moved closer. She extended a hand to help the woman up if she needed it and took the time to look her over for any injuries.

"There aren't any others of them in here. Not yet, anyway. But you handled yourself well."

At first Amani seemed unresponsive, simply staring at the cave ceiling as her panting breaths slowed. But then her eyes flicked over to the extended hand, and she at least appeared to be alright.

“Thanks. I’ll survive,” Amani reached out with her left arm, which bore dark red gashes from the icewolf’s sudden attack. These wounds, however, were already beginning to clot and heal over in front of their very eyes; Slowly, but noticeably.

Amani gave a knowing laugh, “It’s working.” Pulling herself up with Valery’s help, she then showed the injury to the master, “This is uh, a long story, but my arm is a… conduit for the Force, I guess. Force healing, especially. So if this is already happening, it means all that power is coming back.” It must have been a subconscious reaction on her part, now she put greater focus on the effort, and the flow of blood was staunched completely in a matter of moments.

Now if Amani could turn the power offered by these caves into something more permanent, they’d be golden.

Weapon:
Double-Bladed Lightsaber

When the woman reached out with her arm, Valery noticed the injuries but her surprised reaction wasn't because of the wounds; it was because they were already healing, and at an incredible rate as well. It seemed slow to the eye, but injuries like this should never heal this quickly.

"It's working?" she asked, as she pulled the woman back up to her feet.

But the explanation that followed caused Valery's expression to brighten up a lot — were they making progress? It seemed to be the case, and it felt like it, too. Of course, it would have to extend beyond just the healing of her arm, but it was a step that felt really important.

"Why don't we sit down and meditate? Maybe go through some basic exercises like stacking rocks? If that power is really coming back, focusing on it now might make the difference."

She concurred with a nod. It was similar to past events, where a sudden moment of intensity essentially caused her Force powers to flare back up, but the fact that she had managed to nurse the arm so significantly was a sign that the nexus was further amplifying her efforts.

The push that might finally allow her to crest over that proverbial hill.

Amani swept aside a collection of stones into a pile, also serving to clear out a smoother patch of cave floor for them to roost in the process. She settled into her meditative practices just as naturally as the rest of her old Jedi ways. It felt right.

One last moment of study was given to the collection of rocks before Amani closed her eyes, intent on seeing how far she could take the exercise. With hand outstretched, the first rock wobbled into place. A few more followed, the stack taking shape, albeit a bit lopsided.

“...How am I doing?” Amani finally admitted to her uncertainty, one eye peeking open ever so slightly.

Weapon:
Double-Bladed Lightsaber

Valery had joined Amani on the ground and sat in a lotus position while she watched quietly and intently. She had a good feeling about coming here from the start, but to see her making so much progress this quickly... it really made Valery smile brightly.

"You're doing great, keep it up."

She said and as Amani's eyes opened, she'd see Valery leaning forward to give the stack of rocks just a slight tap with her fingers to straighten it out. Valery smirked and leaned back,
"Maybe as a next step, try to use Tapas and we'll start moving away from the caves? Slowly test how well you can maintain your control as the effects of the vergence fade."

"If it goes well, we can make our way to the Dawn Temple without you feeling cold."

Amani snickered as she caught Valery fixing up the stack, “Cheater.” She closed her eyes again and continued to build with the remaining stones. The topical suggestion of Tapas made her grin even wider, “Best idea yet,” A victory over that insufferable cold was a satisfying concept.

The last of the stones was placed atop the rest with finality, and Amani opened her eyes to observe her work. She opened her mouth to speak, only for the top-heavy arrangement to topple over right before she could, “...That’s a win as far as I’m concerned,” She laughed it off.

“Alright, alright. Let’s see how well this pays off, yeah?” Amani stood up and stretched, her gaze turning back to the cave entrance, where the snow storm pressed down as harshly as ever.

Weapon:
Double-Bladed Lightsaber

Valery began to chuckle at Amani's response but turned quiet again when she closed her eyes to focus. To watch her struggle, persevere, and succeed like this made Valery smile, almost as if she was watching her own Padawan accomplish something important in their training.

There was almost no better feeling to a Master.

"It's a win in my book as well, you're doing great," she said with an encouraging nod. Valery then got up to her feet and took the first steps towards the entrance of the cave, where she stopped to look in the direction of the Dawn Temple. Or well, what remained of it — the Temple was still in ruins.

"I'd like to at least show you the remains of the main hall. But it's a bit of a walk and the wind can be terrible up there. So first... how is the cold?" she asked as she watched Amani approach the entrance of the cave.

Amani stopped at the mouth, her line of sight following Valery's up and towards the snow-coated remnants of the Dawn Temple.

She nodded, then waited a moment before taking a step back outside. After experiencing the buffer this cave provided, the gale seemed even more powerful in comparison to before. Amani closed her eyes and focused on that once-forgotten skill, channeling the Force that began to flood through her veins, gradually warming her body against the bitter chill.

Though the tingling brush of wind continued to prickle against her skin, Amani felt comfortable enough to not be bothered by the weather. "Feels…nice." She confirmed, her breaths still puffing visibly through the air, "Shall we?"

The real test would be if it lasted all the way there.

Weapon:
Double-Bladed Lightsaber

"Shall we?"

Valery looked at Amani for a moment to make sure she really was able to push herself through the cold. With how extreme it was out here, there was no faking the comfort of retaining body heat, so when the Mirialan seemed to be doing just fine, Valery smiled again and gestured with head in the direction of the large structure.

"Right this way, I'll bring us through an uh... side entrance."

With a slight smirk, she brought Amani around the side of the Dawn Temple's ruins and right through a large hole that was blown into its side. Looters and people from the village below had cleared most of the rubble, and nothing really remained that showed what had caused the damage.

But stepping inside, the beauty of what was once the Dawn Temple still remained — there were large statues, grand decorations created by the finest artisans and the entire building had an incredibly calm aura to it. Truly a place for one to reconnect with the Light Side of the Force.

a96ea5de81b958542a50b650bdea2064.png

"If you don't mind me asking, what do you plan to do when you have your control over the Force again?" Valery asked as she turned to look at Amani again.

"From what I saw earlier, I'd guess you were a healer of some kind in the past? Or are you planning something else?"

Amani proceeded with confidence, following just behind the path Valery set out for onto the temple. Over time her connection seemed to wax and wane, creating an uncomfortable lack of consistency in her bodily temperature. The Mirialan did not say anything, however.

As they neared their destination, Amani couldn't help but feel that she would be in greater awe if the cold weren't such a distraction. Nonetheless, it was a fascinating sight, the history etched into these ruins spanned centuries, if not millenia. There was a certain reverence to the looming form of the Dawn Temple, as if it were a wise, solemn mentor in its own right.

"I was a… healer, yeah. It'd be nice to have that back…" She mustered, the effect of the cold harder to hide now. Amani was forced to relent, falling to her knees just short of the makeshift side entrance, "Dammit…" She sighed with growing frustration towards herself, "It's not working. It's not staying." Tapas was failing, and Amani's control over the Force continued to get weaker away from the Caves.

Weapon:
Double-Bladed Lightsaber

Without a warning from Amani, Valery carried on through ice and snow, unphased by the cold that was slowly starting to get the better of the Mirialan. But when the woman began to speak, it wasn't that difficult to hear the shiver in her tone, and Valery knew something was off.

Turning around to face her, she watched as Amani dropped to her knees, and within an instant, she was by her side.

"It's alright, I've got you," she said as she tried to help her back up to her feet, and at least through the entrance into the Temple. It would get them out of the wind, which was the real killer when it came to the cold here. Once there, Valery crouched down and pinched her thumb and index finger together.

A hot flame then ignited that remained above the two fingers, and she'd hold it closer,
"Warm your hands and get your focus back. I know we're far from the caves, but the Force flows everywhere," the Master continued with a calm tone, hoping it would help Amani set aside her frustrations.

"Feel it flowing through me, the world around you, and let it be your guide. You don't need the caves."

Amani shuffled inside with Valery's help, and almost begrudgingly accepted the offer of warmth. She gave a wry laugh, the demonstration reminding her of yet another one of her first Jedi lessons.

A few moments passed where she stayed silent, stewing in her personal irritation. Finally, Valery's assurances seemed to get through to her, and Amani shut her eyes and began to focus. "…I don't need the caves," that old familiar sensation lingered just beyond her reach, but she persisted. It came within reach, as it did Amani grabbed hold of the feeling and refused to let go, fighting against her own doubts.

The warmth returned to a more tolerable level, and Amani opened her eyes, letting out a breath she hadn't realized she was holding in.

"…Thank you." Amani murmured, a twinge of what sounded like shame in her voice.

Weapon:
Double-Bladed Lightsaber

"Sometimes, the only thing that stops us from reaching our goals is the doubt that lingers deep within," Valery said before extending a hand so Amani could pull herself back up to her feet. "It's not something to be ashamed of; it's just something to overcome."

"Which you just did," she quickly added with a warm smile.

Her fiery eyes then turned back to the large Temple hall, and she considered where to take Amani next. There was one particular room she wanted to show, because of something rather unique inside.

"I'm sure you've seen holocrons before, but have you interacted with a gatekeeper before that's partially responsible for running this Temple? Even in the destruction of the Dawn Temple, the holocrons weren't damaged so we can still access them. One, in particular, is about the rehabilitation of Jedi."

"The gatekeeper is called the Jailor. If you'd like to take a look, let's head further inside. But I understand if you've had enough of this cold as well,"
she said with a smirk.

Amani took her hand, almost out of instinct. But the words seemed to resonate with her; She forced herself to stand a little taller, and in turn the effort shifted from facade to truth. “...Thank you,” She repeated, this time losing the guilt but none of the sincerity.

With such troubles behind her, Amani appeared to lighten up with a sense of finality, and her focus was finally able to shift from whether or not she could keep the connection running, to actually taking in the sights that surrounded her. She had almost forgotten how much interest she once had in the histories of Jedi.

“The Jailor, huh?” Another dry laugh at the implications of such a name, “No no, I can push on. Let’s do it.”

Weapon:
Double-Bladed Lightsaber

When Amani got back up to her feet, she seemed a bit different — there was no guilt or shame anymore. She stood tall and strong, confident in her own abilities the way she should. "It's my pleasure," Valery said as she dipped her head, clearly satisfied with how much they have been able to accomplish.

But their journey wasn't entirely over yet.

"I know, strange name. I don't think the name is explained anywhere, or those records were lost," Valery said as she began to guide the woman to the room with the large holocron. "But most Jedi who came here were trying to avoid falling and looked to reconnect with the Light Side. In some ways, the Dark Side is like a prison, so maybe it stems from that," she chuckled herself, and finally stopped within the room.

Her hand came up and as she connected with the Force, both Jedi could feel something changing in the room. A holocron in the center came up from the floor and projected a hologram below it.

It looked like a short, elderly Miralukan male made of pure white light. He greeted the two Jedi with a smile and began to speak.

"I'm the Jailor, gatekeeper of this Holocron. Who are you, and how can I help you?"

“Mm.” Was all she said, the notion bringing past events to mind. Prison is an apt descriptor. Amani had always likened her own experience to that of a destructive addiction; Short-term gratifications at the expense of the long-term, and a feeling that became harder and harder to dig oneself out of over time.

She chose not to verbalize this aloud, however.

Her focus was diverted to the shift in the room’s aura, including the activation of the holocron. After a beat, Amani brought herself to step up towards the Jedi simulacrum, “My name is Amani. My connection to the Force was damaged after a struggle with the dark side. I’m here now to repair that connection. Can you help?” She glanced back at Valery for some sort of assurance, then anxiously back at the hologram.

Weapon:
Double-Bladed Lightsaber

Valery stood in the back and watched quietly, only moving her head to offer Amani the assurance she was looking for. The hologram had been here for centuries, helping countless Jedi on their paths of recovery. She felt confident that it could offer the Mirialan the advice she needed as well.

"Your rehabilitation is different from those who usually visit these halls."

The hologram said, referring to the fact that most Jedi who came here were struggling with a potential fall to the Dark Side. Here, they could learn to handle their temptations and find peace back in the Light Side of the Force. But Amani was beyond such a struggle and looked to control the Force as a whole again.

"The Force has returned to you, but you struggle to control it. Yet, the ability to do so already lies within you," he continued, "You stand here in control of your body's temperature, a feat you achieve using the Force."

"Are you certain you need help?"

Amani blinked, and stood in silent contemplation for a time. "I…"

At the mention of it, she let her control of Tapas fade, and her body quickly prickled with the chill of the air once again. She then focused once more on the ability, warming herself back up, this time with no struggle.

Past reflections had assured her that no small part of her difficulty with control was an internal block. But it wasn't until now that she seemed to completely comprehend, and surpass, this block. "...You don't think it's necessary anymore?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom