Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rate 'The Last Jedi'

How Do You Rate 'The Last Jedi'

• Total voters
As much as I want to give it a 5/5, I believe I'd be doing so on the bias of being a fanatic for Star Wars rather than claiming they could not have done it any better.

The fact is that while I did really love the movie, there were crucial aspects missing there that I wish had been explained and elaborated on; I know that going into the next movie, I'm going to be relying on it heavily to fill in the plot holes of the past two releases.

It's a 4/5 out of me simply for the things I didn't see here. The things I did, I enjoyed thoroughly yet I have plenty of questions and perhaps even higher expectations now for Episode Nine.

Depending on how it holds up to re-watching, I may have a new favourite Star Wars movie.

It was tense; it was funny. The Last Jedi made my heart swell in ways I did not expect, and it inspired me to believe in the Jedi again. As always, I do see some points where it could be improved (subjectively, not objectively), but in the bigger scope of the film I don't think they are worth clipping a grade on. It is important to note that this is my first impression and they are prone to hype.

For now, I am giving it a solid 5/5!

Mordillah

Writer of Rann Thress and Benjen Moss (WIP)
Clearly something must be broken with me. I hated the movie. This movie completely negates the OT. All the tomfoolery with the force irritates me. Although, it is now cannon that force sensitive people can move stuff relatively easily. So my Rann Thress story isn't unbelievable.

I went home after watching it sad. I laughed when it was funny, I thought it was cool when something cool happened, but the story elements irked me. The entire plot is unnecessary. Hux is a joke. Kylo as a commander is incompetent. The rebellion is down to 12 people who will somehow destroy the first order.

I'll watch the next one as an obligation to myself, however I am by no means on the star wars kick that brought me here in the first place.

chrisgelderd

Half Bond, Half Bean.
2.5 for me. Right in the middle of the road. Some things were good, some things were bad. And by bad, they were obviously bad, not just a few little irks here and there.

Very rushed, too packed with stories and character drivers, and it felt like a new film wrapped in the skin of a prequel with the themes all over the place.

Maybe a 2nd viewing will help now my expectations have crashed and burned I can go in expecting little.

I hated it.

The plot holes were giant. The action was cool, but the FO seemed like they were run by bratty children. Don't understand how 12 people surviving makes a lick of difference. Hated the telepathy across space. Hated the Lightsaber battles, which leave sooo much to be desired.

I love star wars but this feels like the end of a good thing to me. Its a messy, plot hole riddled mess.

:: HERO of KORRIBAN ::
I loved it...

There were plot holes, and if they get answered in 9 I will be happy, which leads to the biggest issue. The directors are writing the movies on their own, and it is obvious. I can't see any collaboration to map out a trilogy.

The thing I loved most? Johnson took risks and broke all the rules about what a second movie is viewed as. He did what needed to be done with Star Wars... it is no longer George Lucas, but it truly does belong to the fans.

ʜᴄ sᴠɴᴛ ᴅʀᴀᴄᴏɴᴇs
4/5 - The acting was full of heart, and the characters were full of emotion. Its plot kept moving forwards through the whole movie and never really left me bored or dissatisfied in a big way. I'm knocking off a point for the presence of several plot holes and some moments that felt a touch rushed or forced, but it was in general a very good, very enjoyable movie.

What is so interesting for me is that there is such a gulf between people who love it and people who hate it, often for the same points.

It's certainly a more divisive film for fans than TFA was I feel.

I'm going to see it again and try and get a firmer opinion.

[member="Derek Tarkin"] [member="Nadja"]

giphy-3.gif

Agreed. It's up there with ANH, ESB, and Rogue One for me. Contemplative, creative, and pushed what a SW movie can be. I can see why fans would feel polarized but, really all things it's trying to do (and I think delivers) out weighs some of the bloated parts of the movie. It also pushed what Force Powers can do on-screen in major movies. Props to Rian Johnson for delivering something new and beyond usual fanfare.

4/5 for me.

St0rmSlaSh

Never Underestimate a Good Bottle of Whiskey
It was a very well rounded movie. It had the thrills, the action, everything. There were only a couple parts of the movie I did not like, but hey. Not every movie can be perfect in my eyes.

Sefain Gatholil

Knight of the Silver Jedi Order
I personally really enjoyed it.

The only thing that bothered me about it was the hypocrisy of Kylo and the death of a character I feel needed some more background (I won't go into detail as I don't want to spoil anything).

But otherwise it was a pretty great movie. It added some new elements while still retaining a lot of the old, it added some great new characters, it brought up the point that you can't always just burst into battle with no plan and no backup and still come out the hero (a point I feel was much needed and needs to be brought up in many other franchises).

Overall, it was great movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom