Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Sasori Acid Sprayer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ayumi Pallopides

Heir to the Emperor, Former Senator of Denon
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Light Blaster
  • Size: Average
  • Weight: Average
  • Ammunition Type: Focused Energy
  • Ammunition Capacity: Extremely Small
  • Effective Range: Average
  • Rate of Fire: Average
  • Damage Output: Very High
  • Recoil: Low
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Advanced Power Source: Designed with an iso-didact power source giving it a massive and long shelf life.
  • High Quality: Designed with a conversion bubble which will convert raw matter into energy around the user and allows the weapon to fuel itself over time.
STRENGTHS
  • Self Repairing: Designed with the material, the self repairing and maintaining capabilities of the equipment are there to handle the stresses from everyday use.
  • Highly Effective Against Armor like beskar, crab armor, wintrium and organic materials like plants and flesh.
WEAKNESSES
  • Built in power source: Designed with its own internal power source that is long lasting but it is largely able to power the armor and systems of the vehicle but when damaged it is highly explosive.
  • Self Repairing: Built with a the ability but depending on the amount of damage done it can take moments like with stresses from use or weeks if highly damaged.
DESCRIPTION
Designed for the Ranger's based off the droid gear to let them melt the faces and armor of other organics or droids. The acid sprayer is able to fit in and be used with the modular reishi tubes for use in wrist mounted equipment. All of the hard work to make it so it can be hooked under the barrel of the ranger's and sasori weapons or onto their armors. For a beefed up acid sprayer it is not such a bad thing as they can fully integrate it into their armors toolkits. As a piece of equipment it is fairly simple with cartridges of acid that insert in the back and eject out once it has been expended. The casing does not have much in the way of protection mostly providing the bare minimum in terms but it can resist the acid being sprayed through the nozzle.

Last edited:
RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

Hi [member="Ayumi Pallopides"]! I will be reviewing this submission.

• The Reishi Tubes do not indicate that they are corrosive resistant. An inner coating of non-corrosive metal such as Chromium within the tubes and internal components that the acid passes through should solve this issue for you. By that same token however, it should also be understood that any armor containing explicitly non-corrosive material such as Chromium or standard Noble Metals will likely negate a portion of the effects of this weapon once reached.
  • Would you mind listing what this uses as propellant? Whether it be nitrogen, Co2, or something else.

[member="Ayumi Pallopides"]

The only other issue I see is the weight & size vs ammo capacity & range.

I understand the weapon is meant to be used as a wrist or under-barrel launcher, however it is incredibly small and lightweight, yet the range and rate of fire is incredibly high.

For example: 1 metric cup of sulfuric acid weighs about 0.45kg. That is a rather small amount, when you compare it to something like the M1A1 Flamethrower which weighed about 60lbs, held a 5 gallon tank on a person's back, and allowed a 45 meter range over about 5-10 seconds.

Stating that you can achieve a greater distance, a longer rate of fire, and equal damage is a bit out of my scope of reach. I can work with you a bit and give some leeway when considering Star Wars VS Real World, but I would ask for one of the following for the sake of balance:
  • Add the requirement to store the acid in a much larger container such as a backpack which feeds through the tubes, and increase the overall weight to reflect that. OR;
  • Drastically reduce both range and rate of fire to something closer to 3 seconds at 5 meters. OR;
  • Drastically increase the weight and size of the weapon to something more comparable.

[member="Ayumi Pallopides"]

Apologies, I am referring to this:

Ayumi Pallopides said:
Ammunition Capacity: 15 second stream
The duration of the stream is about on par with a much larger weapon. I'd drop this to something like 3-5 seconds if you intend to have such a small capsule and lowered weight.

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
FACTORY MODIFICATION TEMPLATE
Submission Name: Ranger's Acid Sprayer
Link to Submission: Ranger's Acid Sprayer
Reason for Factory Modification Request: updates

Submission Name: Ranger's Grapple
Link to Submission: Ranger's Grapple
Reason for Factory Modification Request: updates

Submission Name: Project Saratai