Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Random Idea: Inactive

Nyxie

【夢狐】
Just really a randomly inspired idea deriving from the removal of the merge thread, but what if, as is with many other boards I've been to, we had a forum usergroup called Inactive and it bestowed some basic, dull color (such as gray) to the names of all of the accounts within it, and was free to join or leave so that it wouldn't require administrator moderation?

Then all the inactive and/or retired characters would show up grey-named and people would know when a character is active or no longer in use!

Nyxie

【夢狐】
What? Some people keep up to date with the cliques. I'm just one of those people who waltzes back to the site after brief extended intermissions.

Besides, at least it makes up for the lack of Deletion/Merge thread and takes away all the inactive name/retag requests.

Nyxie

【夢狐】
So now that we seemingly all have colors, could we finally get that grey retired/inactive usergroup? :p

(Or am I stupid and there is one? I just got back and everything is purdy all of a sudden)

[member="Nyxie"]

I can swear i remember seeing an inactive usergroup on some really old accounts but as Spencer Jacobs stated, it's unnecessary. There's really no need to have such a feature as it's pretty easy to make it obvious that your character is inactive by putting 'INACTIVE' in stead of your member title :)

Nyxie

【夢狐】
[member="Anja Aj'Rou"] - So are the entirety of the new usergroup colors. :p

At least it's practical too. For instance, someone could just go through a thread or forum and know who is not still a participant or factor by just looking over and seeing they are not colorful!

[member="Lurcano Car'dann"] - Hey, be nice.

Debating just making a poll to see how many people would just say "yes" (or "no" if they really are -against- it).

[member="Nyxie"]

The colours may be unnecessary in a practical sense but from a certain standpoint it is the proof and reward of continued cooperation between the Board Owner and community; essential in maintaining a fresh and evolving culture. Of course I don't mean to make that sound utterly boring but change as result of mass opinion is how communities tend to thrive :)

Of course, if this did pickup support then I suppose it would be a good thing but I'll keep my opinion noted that I am not supporting the idea because equally effective solutions already exist. With that I'll leave this discussion as I don't want to derail this :$

Board accounts that remain inactive for extended periods of time (By the most recently active one I saw, I'd say about 15 months) are rendered Inactive in the Inactive usergroup. Though that could have just been the board wipe causing such.

Silara said:
Board accounts that remain inactive for extended periods of time (By the most recently active one I saw, I'd say about 15 months) are rendered Inactive in the Inactive usergroup. Though that could have just been the board wipe causing such.
You're closer than the rest of them, minus the board wipe... that was 2 years ago.

It doesn't kick in until 90 days of inactivity. Comparatively, there's only 410 members in this user group.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom