Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

*Raising my hand*

Just a few character creation questions I wanted to ask. Been looking around at the rules and just had a few things I needed to clarify.

1. If my character was to have a personal droid or two would that need to be a whole new character created or can I say that they're just already his and use them in an NPC-esc capacity?

2. If I made a force user character can I automatically make them a skilled knight or master level? If so do I need to do into detail about who trained them and/or what they know?

3. During fights with other characters is there some sort of dice-roll system to know if you land a hit or not OR do we just play it out and trust we don't do something drastic to another person's character?

Thank you in advance for any help given :)

1 - Droid NPCs are fine. Even human NPCs are fine. you can make an NPC submission in the codex if you want a "character sheet" for them but this is not mandatory.

2 - Yes, not mandatory but writing out their history in their bio is very recommended. However, as you are new, I would recommend to start out as an acolyte/padawan and learn the ropes IC.

3 - Nope. This is freeform. We play it out and trust the people with PvP with, using discord and the board's pm message to communicate. In case of someone being a bad boy/girl, we involve the RPJ's.

[member="DarthJango24"]

Major Faction

Joy

OOC Writer Account
[member="DarthJango24"]

In regards to whether or not you can start a character with a Master tag the short answer is, "Yes you can." But the long answer is no and I will explain why.

The fact of the matter is that this website is built mostly on OOC respect. When someone who has written a Master character comes up against another who has only just started (but has the Master tag because they started that way) then the newer person will be considered a much weaker character than the other. Of course it comes down to some roleplay and strategy in the fight but at the crux of it it comes down to respect.

As someone who has written a Master character (on and off) on this website for five (going on six years) I can tell you that I would consider my character to be stronger than yours and it would be reflected in our roleplay together. That being said I wouldn't powergame you (it is against the rules to do so) but I wouldn't hide the fact that I feel my character should win.

I recently had a fight with another character called [member="Darth Animus"] whose character is far newer than mine ([member="Ella Nova"]). I did consider mine to be the stronger before the fight started and at the end of it we had a stalemate because Animus matched my writing and portrayed a strong character in our fight. The complexities of who is stronger is very nuanced and with many on this website it stems from OOC respect as I have said. My suggestion is build a character from scratch. It's more fun and you will avoid the problems I have explained in this post by creating a strong character from the bottom up.

[member="DarthJango24"]

The beauty of Chaos is that you have the freedom to write as you please.

There are very few species we do not use and ranks are completely up to you. Some people may think twice about seeing a new Master level character but the Site has been opened up since back in the day where they had to be earned (old rule set), and many, many writers have chosen to do so before now. Do not be discouraged from choosing to write a character with history and experience.

However if you feel otherwise, there's also great story possibilities and bonding with other writers should you choose to become an Apprentice and train under a Knight or Master. The point is that you should not feel obliged to write one way or another simply because other people "may not like this".

What's important is that you're happy with your character and enjoy your time here!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom