Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rules Update Racism, Misogyny, Homophobia Have Been Banned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Banning misogyny seems like it will be very hard to do completely. The Galactic Empire was misogynist. While I agree that a single character with extreme or seemingly random misogyny should be eliminated, a patriarchal society is often misogynist and being a female character who over comes that is powerful. Being a male character who thinks a woman shouldn’t hold certain roles due to the society they are brought up in is not hateful in nature it is ignorance. I think societal misogyny is something that can be worked around but using it as an inflammatory trait just to stir things up should be banned

Serious question and I promise I'm not trying to kick an anthill - I've been writing a planetary culture that's a hardcore patriarchy. There are obvious elements of misogyny to this, can I no longer portray this ICly?
I think societal misogyny is something that can be worked around but using it as an inflammatory trait just to stir things up should be banned

I would hope this is the case, seeing as I am in the middle of a long running story arc dealing with gender inequality in the Alliance/the passing of a law to prohibit discrimination based on sex. There are those of us who use these elements only as storytelling tools, not with the intent to harm or just be edgy.

Also, does alien xenophobia count as racism? Bc that's kind of a big type within Start Wars. The Empire itself was largely against any race that wasn't human or near-human. And many species are arrogant and look down on others, like Sith Purebloods for example.

He said xenophobia was fine.

Do we need to edit past threads or is this just moving forward? I think I had a character whose parents hated her for her lifestyle so I can edit that out.

clap-fast-clap.gif

I get how some of you are saying its ruining ur stories but I honestly dont see how or why and i feel like im a pretty intuitive dude.

Your character trait is just, I hate women? Like, all women. Not specific women, which is not misogyny. All women.

What Star Wars character in any form of media suffers from this trait?

Why did you pick women? Why not LGBT?

If anyone finds a Star Wars character in literature, comics, or movies, that supports a misogyny claim I’ll maybe rescind the ruling, but I very strongly doubt it.

I get how some of you are saying its ruining ur stories but I honestly dont see how or why and i feel like im a pretty intuitive dude.

Your character trait is just, I hate women? Like, all women. Not specific women, which is not misogyny. All women.

What Star Wars character in any form of media suffers from this trait?

Why did you pick women? Why not LGBT?

If anyone finds a Star Wars character in literature, comics, or movies, that supports a misogyny claim I’ll maybe rescind the ruling, but I very strongly doubt it.
Honestly, sarcasm on my part

Yes I wrote a character that made multiple misogynistic view points, in some IC written blogs some years back, and I continued to write the character as such because it wasn't "subtle Nazi/German" that you see so often with Imperial based factions

It's not what makes the character happen or exist. It shouldnt be. Blatant usage of the context of hating any kind of group as "this is why my character is an nerf herder, and he's cool cus of it" isnt something I like to see.

Using bad contexts of how the person reacts to the situation is what makes it "acceptable" when writing a story. Otherwise, the story is just. I have red saber, and you have one of the other colors of the rainbow. So now we have to fight.

id rather see a story about a woman overcoming misogynistic/xenophobic/hate while also kicking ass. Not another Michael bay film.

Edit: mind you, these things said or done to a writer? Yes banned. Done IC to make a good story? No. It's what makes a good story. Having to overcome hardships. Be it physically, mentally, or spiritually.

I’m still not buying it and probably wont until I see Star Wars examples of it.

Crazy how a fandom can exist for 50 years with countless publications of books, comics, television and movies and still not have a clear example of a character who used the hatred of women as a character trait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom