Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private R&D, B&E

Shu-Torun.
Ore-rich planet and where a number of the Empire's weapons were made. The ore was mined, smelted, and made into blasters and vehicles before being shipped off to the rest of the Empire. With all the local resources, it was efficient to place a number of weapons research laboratories. One of those was the target. Steal plans, burn the place down.

Gear: Amulet of Many, Personal Armor, Cybernetic Eye, Thorns,
DC-17m Interchangeable Weapon System, MagPistol x,

Listening With A Million Ears

It had been a while since Dominik had been on a mission that didn't involve a battle waging. He could fight in those just fine, but these were where he shined. Espionage. Quiet, precise action. That was until inevitably someone tripped an alarm and all hell broke loose. But it was still his preferred area to work in. To his surprise, SIA finally gave him one of these missions. With the Cold War with the Empire turned into a Hot War, and The Empire bringing out some surprise superweapons, it seemed that people were getting antsy about weapon production. The Weapon Laboratories on Shu-Torun would be the most likely place to find the data, and one had been narrowed down as their focus.

It was targeted because of it's recent raising of security. More disciplined guards, higher ranking officers, a few new researchers, and a few droids to keep constant watch and cover the organic blindspots. Whatever was in there was important. And Domonik wasn't alone in this task. He was joined by past Jedi Shadow Valery Noble Valery Noble . He had seen her in action on past ops, like on Dorin, but had never worked side by side with her. He knew she was capable and the file he had got on her, though illegally so, told him a lot about her. Highly decorated, Jedi Council, has a child, been through many battles and wars and came out on top. Been through a lot and survived. He could count on her to cover his back, and he'd have no problem covering hers. There was a time in his life when Jedi like her were nightmares. Now he was happy to be on her side.

They were roughly 200 meters from the walls of the building. Dominik slowly lowered the body of the stormtrooper guard he had just slid a virbroknife into down onto the dark warm dirt. A lava river wasn't too far, he'd probably push the body into it later to disappear him. He thought he wouldn't have to be on another lava planet like Mustafar, but here he was.

"Security's pretty tight. How do you want to proceed?"
He asked the Jedi. They were behind a small hill of rocky ashen dirt, hiding them from view. The guard had about fifteen minutes before he had to check-in.

Shu-Torun_bombardment.png

Shu-Torun
div-orange.png
Outfit: Factory Link
Appearance: Link
Weapons:
Lightsaber
Tag: Dominik Borra Dominik Borra

After stepping away from the Jedi Shadows to focus on leading the Jedi at the forefront of the war, Valery had never expected to find herself working as a Shadow again so often. The occasional job that required her expertise wasn't rare, but ever since the Empire's invasion of Ilum, she had been kept busy regularly with more covert operations. Part of it was a more personal desire to work closely with a particular Agent she really liked, but mostly, the Alliance had an abundance of assignments very few were equipped to handle.

Today, however, she wasn't working together with Aldric, but with another agent who had made a name for himself over his numerous years of service. She didn't know too much about him, as most SIA types worked outside of the spotlights she found herself in so very often, but she knew she could trust him to have her back and cover his part of the job.

"We don't have much time to go slow and be too stealthy," Valery said after Dominik had killed the patrolling stormtrooper. She looked around the small hill of ashen dirt, stared at the walls of the building, and let out a soft sigh. "I could get us through those walls without making much noise, though. They might go on alert at some point for the missing guard, but it'll be too late."

She turned back to Dominik and flashed him a grin, "Ready to move towards the wall?"

Valery Noble Valery Noble was right. Not too much time. But enough time to get in before the alarms started. Then they just had to figure out an exit strategy. His grenades could work to blast a way out, an onsite speeder or ship, or they go out the way they come. The Jedi suggested going through the walls, and he wasn't sure if she meant through or over. But either way, he could play on the fly. He was about to kick the trooper into the lava before he realized what kind of smoke and sparks his equipment might make once it was burning. Best to just leave him. Something to bury in any case. It wasn't like Dominik had anything against the guy, no need to leave his friends without anything to bury. He left the body and nodded to Valery.

He made sure his equipment was strapped and close to his body. Then he nodded. "Ready. On your mark."

Weapons:
Lightsaber

"Ready. On your mark."

With his signal given, Valery nodded and moved towards the wall with a route that gave them the most amount of cover. But despite it, she had to run pretty fast just in case a guard popped up on the wall. When she finally reached it, she'd wait for him to join her against the side of the wall, before turning to him. "Stay here, this will take only a second," she said before she turned to the wall and phased her way through it.

Without leaving any marks or making any sounds, she disappeared and went through, only to come back a few seconds later with whatever she had seen beyond the wall.

"They've got no clue and I saw nobody on the walls. I'll bring you up there and I'll go back through," she said, waiting for him to agree before she'd wrap the Force around him to gently and quickly bring him up there. She knew he had sniper skills, so even if he wasn't going to take a shot, he'd have a good eye from up there.

Meanwhile, she moved back through the wall and looked around, trying to determine her target.

She ran for the wall, keeping low and fast. Dominik pointed his gun upward toward the wall, waiting for anyone to show up. No one did. Once she was safe he took a couple of breaths, timing his run with a nearby droid's routine scanning. He ran and made it to the wall beside her, pressing against it. He scanned outward, checking for any patrols who might have spotted them. None to be seen. He thought this place's security was raised heavily. Had the place had none before and the current state was the upgrade? Well, they still had to get inside.

Valery Noble Valery Noble told him to hold his position and he expected her to call upon the Force and leap over the wall. Instead she passed through the wall instead. Dominik's eyes just about fell out of his skull, and the only thing keeping his jaw from hitting his boots was his helmet getting in the way. He'd seen some crazy stuff with Force powers and something had been stated in Valery's file about a Force Phase ability, but he hadn't ever thought that was possible. Like he said before, for people like him, years ago? She would have been a nightmare.

She came back a few seconds later and Dominik nodded to her suggestion. He got lifted up by the Force, which he had done to him before but it had been a few years. Or more like a decade. He resisted spinning and twirling too much and reached the wall, climbing over it and keeping low. His black armor helped conceal him in the low light. He peaked over the wall, using the scope on his blaster rifle to check the walls and other guards moving around.

The small courtyard seemed to be used mostly for shipping purposes. There was a large loading are to the right where two heavy shipping speeders were parked, most of their cargo unloaded, the large doors closer. A small man door was nestled between the large doors. There was also what looked to be a front entrance, currently shut. High up and to the left a bridge connected to the building, allowing guards to go back and forth from the building and the wall easily. A guard exited from that door, slowly making his rounds.

"I count four guards out and around right now. Plus one who just exited on your 9'oclock. I'll let you know when to cloak." He remembered her file also talking about that particular ability, one he found quite handy.

Weapons:
Lightsaber

When she returned by phasing back through the wall, she noticed his lips had parted a little from surprise. That or he just thought her little trick was really cool but either way, she flashed a smirk and winked at him before safely bringing him up on the wall. From there, he'd have a perfect view of everything down below, which in turn provided her with the intel she needed to safely move around and locate their targets.

Soon enough, she got his first update and used it to avoid contact for now. With one of their guards missing, she expected them to move much faster once they heard nothing from their missing man. So until then, she deemed herself safe and moved slowly and carefully.

"Looking through my files, hm?" she then asked when he brought up her ability to cloak. It wasn't exactly a secret anymore like it once was when no records about the Shadows existed at all. But that had changed, and she had been a lot more open about her more specialized skills. "I'll move towards the loading area, and see if there's anything there to blow up or take out. Make sure the guards don't catch you and let me know when it's time to go stealth," she said softly before moving forward again.

One way or another, she expected all hell to break loose soon, and she was ready for it.

Once Dominik was ready to be thrown up onto the wall he'd activate his helmet so the protected glass face darkened to black.

~~~~~

Dominik smiled with his teeth when she mentioned him reading her files. She seemed to do a lot of missions with Aldric, which her file reflected and mentioned something of a romantic connection, but nothing legal. If she was close to an SIA spook like himself, Aldric could have made it known to her how they got people's files, or at least that they did whenever they pretty much pleased. Still, not something he would just admit.

"Didn't need to look at your files to know you could do that. If you can walk through walls, safe bet you can Cloak. I'm Task Force Y, remember? It's my job to counter Sith. That means a lot of studying you guys and your powers."

"I'll move towards the loading area, and see if there's anything there to blow up or take out. Make sure the guards don't catch you and let me know when it's time to go stealth,"

Blow up? Well, the alarms were going to sound off at some point. It could be a strategy to choose when those alarms went off by making a very loud and bright distraction. Plus maybe there was something the Empire shouldn't toy around with in there. "Copy that, I'll let you- Cloak." He said suddenly. He was watching the guards and saw one turn to give a glance down at the courtyard. His crosshairs were trained on the guard from across the way, finger on the trigger.

He heard the mechanical whirring of motors getting closer and he turned his head to see a droid patrolling the wall slowly, coming in his direction. Droids were loud to disable. They always squeaked and booped and sparked when they were taken out of stunned. But it hadn't made any noise yet, and it was pointed at him. Thermal sensors would normally be able to pick him up, but on this planet? This close to active lava zones? The air was at least as hot as his armor was and thermal optics would be useless. It must be operating purely on the visible spectrum. So maybe he could still hide from this thing.

Weapons:
Lightsaber

"Didn't need to look at your files to know you could do that. If you can walk through walls, safe bet you can Cloak. I'm Task Force Y, remember? It's my job to counter Sith. That means a lot of studying you guys and your powers."

"Mhmm..." Valery hummed, clearly not buying it entirely. Sure, it was reasonable to assume that a Jedi Shadow could Force Cloak, but she knew plenty about the SIA's methods to get into files. Some of her own also still existed within their databanks from the time she actively worked within the organization. Either with a high enough clearance or some less... authorized methods, it wasn't too difficult to get them.

Either way, it didn't really matter much now. He was aware of her skills and to an extent, she knew about his. It would only smoothen their work as a team here today.

Valery then continued to move forward, listening quietly to his instructions while she searched for a safe route through the facility. He began to speak again soon enough, but cut himself off and called for her to cloak. Without even wasting a second, Valery tapped into the Force to bend light and sound across the entire spectrum around her, leaving her invisible and unable to be detected audibly as well. The only thing that could be heard is her voice over comms.

<C> "I think the offices are up there after you cross the bridge from the walls. Storage of weapons is down there, separated from everything else." It would be easiest to split up and have Dominik handle the offices while she went after storage. But there was a risk to such a plan as well, and with this being classified as an SIA mission, Dominik outranked her. It was his call to make.

She gave the sound of pretending to buy what he said while letting him know she didn't believe it. Which was fine with him, honestly. He just didn't want it on their comm logs that he did that.

"You're good to keep moving." He informed her as he moved low and slowly away from the droid that continued advancing toward him. He quickly checked the guard's movements and at the angles of shadows on the wall. He grit his teeth and moved over the side of the outside wall, hanging on to the edge. The droid slowly crawled closer while Dominik heard voices below him.

"You hear something, Butch?"
"I thought that was you, Mack."
"I've been standing here with you, you thought that scraping sound was me?"
"Well... you scratch yourself a lot."
"It's HOT here man! I get really sweaty! And these suits don't cool us down as much as they used to."
"They don't?"
"No man, these things suck."
"...My suit's fine."
"BS man."
"No really, It's like I'm inside the base right now. Maybe you should get your suit checked. Might have broken."
"You think so?"
"Definitely. How long has it been?"

The droid was now finally going past his position and he lifted himself up as quietly as he could.

"There it is again!"
"I don't know man, I think you're just blaming it on someone else."
"I'm not man."
"You think that faulty filter is making the noise you're hearing? I hear nothing."
"Maybe... I've worn it since I got transferred here."
"How long ago was that?"
"Uh... six months ago?"
"Seriously? You're supposed to turn those in for inspection ever month!"
"What?! No one told me that!"
"Hahaha, yeah, man that suit's messed up. Go turn it in, I got watch here. Nothing is coming by today I'm sure."
"What, you Sensitive or something?"
"I got a little something, yeah. Grandma was a Jedi. I get feelings sometimes. Trust me, it's going to be quiet tonight."
"Sure Butch, if you say so." Mack said, turning to a small armored door in the wall and walking through.

"One coming your way from the front. Cloak and get inside." He said through comms.

Dominik moved on. Valery had suggested going up top while she worked the bottom floor. That could work out, but they wouldn't be able to watch eachother's back split up like that. He wasn't sure if the door would open for him up here either...

He watched Mack head through the courtyard, past Dominik towards a small metal lift to bring personnel up.

But the door would open for Mack.

"Go on that plan, check out the cargo area. I'll hit the offices."

Last edited:

Weapons:
Lightsaber

"Understood," Valery told Dominik who continued to relay vital information to her. She knew a guard was coming her way, but she was not going to engage him out in the open. Instead, she did what he suggested and cloaked up to keep herself from being detected. And with his blessing to split up and each hit different parts of the facility, she made her way over to the weapons storage to phase through the walls.

Once inside, she waited and heard the doors open — the guard Dominik had mentioned entered, and she kept her gaze fixed on him while he walked, completely unaware of her presence. Up until now, they had been able to proceed with stealthy tactics, but it could never last forever. "Engaging them now," Valery said and finally, she stepped out of her cloak and launched herself at the guard from behind. With a powerful kick, she knocked him out before he could do anything.

There were others inside the weapon storage as well, but it all happened so quickly that none were alerted. "They have a lot here..." she then muttered over comms, as she looked around at all the weapons, ammo, and supplies stored within the building. It felt like it was enough to supply a small army, which only made it all the more important that they took it out.

"Finding anything up there?"

Dominik crept along the wall, hiding in the shadows before the lift. Mack came up the small lift and turned away from Dominik, heading towards the door leading deeper inside. Dominik moved as silently as he could, matching Mack's own footsteps. He was only maybe two feet behind him, walking upright and adopting Mack's own posture. If the other guards on the wall looked his way, before they took another glance at his armor it would look like another pair of troopers on their patrol. He didn't hear any alarms, so that worked out.

Mack took out a small data rod from his belt and inserted it into the panel next to the door. It checked its authenticity and soon opened the door. Mack took it and put it back on his belt, moving inside. Dominik flipped his blaster to stun.

They entered a hallway with walls that exhibited the classic Empire look: glossy black and white highlights. Dominik kept his pace matched to Mack's, and they soon reached a locker room of some sort. Dominik was glad it was empty. Once the door shut behind them Mack proved to not be that much of an idiot. He spun with his blaster to shoot at Dominik, but the SIA agent wasn't sure why he took Dominik to an empty room. Maybe he thought there would be backup here. Dominik's reflexes grabbed his wrist before it could be leveled on him and stunned him with his blaster. He jerked for a moment before collapsing.

Dominik took the data rod from Mack's belt and dragged him over to a seating bench. He sat him up on it, propping his elbows on his knees to hold him up. In a little while he'd wake up like that and wonder what had happened to him. And this way there wouldn't be a body to discover, just a trooper over-exhausted by his suit not working properly and the heat of the planet.

Dominik opened the door and checked both ways before heading deeper into the facility. One thing he never could figure out is why no one had signs posted for any doors ever in any building in the galaxy. It would make his job so much easier if there were signs that pointed him to where he'd want to go. Luckily, this place wasn't that big. It took checking a few rooms, but eventually, he found some offices.

The door opened to a dark room with a few desks, monitors, and cubicles along with an officer's, or maybe the head scientist's, office. There was a monitor lighting up a woman's face. She was the only one in the room. Dominik and Valery Noble Valery Noble had come when this planet had its "night" cycle, meaning most everyone would be asleep aside from the guards. Not having to deal with basic workers along with guards helped tremendously. Dominik ducked down out of the woman's sight and moved.

"Hello?" The woman tiredly asked, turning to the open door. She was a slender woman who looked to be in her late twenties, with dark hair let loose over a scientist coat that was open. She was pretty, but the large circles around her eyes showed that this wasn't the first late night she had worked. She blinked slowly and got up, walking to the door. She looked both ways outside, hummed in thought, and shut the door. She'd have to ask someone about the door's randomly opening. She moved back to her monitor and kept plucking away. A datapad sat next to her, with theories and ideas and hand-drawn diagrams littering its surface. There was also the message, 'I need to sleep more than four hours tonight' scrawled on it in big underlined letters.

Dominik leered behind her, not making a sound as he observed what she was working on. Normally he wouldn't have been sure what she was working on, but the reports he read from the superweapon fired at Ilum and some intel on their supposed plans allowed him to understand what he was looking at. She was working diligently on small but necessary parts for the superweapon, a new way to cool it down or charge it up faster. He wasn't an engineer, that's as much as he could gather from just looking. He noticed that she wasn't typing anymore and focused his eyes on the reflection of the monitor. She sat frozen, eyes wide as she looked back at the dark helmeted visage of Dominik, peering over her. Her hands trembled.

He put the blaster against her back. "Don't move, don't speak, and you'll get to go to sleep tonight." He said through his voice modulator. She sat up straight, lips pressed together as she tried to comply. She was shaking, the poor woman. He switched over to his comms and spoke to Valery. "I got plans and research for parts of the superweapon, ways to cool it down or charge faster. Small but needed parts, looks like an upgrade. If they are able to fire that thing even faster than they can..." He trailed off.

Weapons:
Lightsaber

Carefully and quietly, Valery continued to move through the weapons storage bunker after asking him the question. She kept comms quiet afterward, knowing that he was likely moving to infiltrate as well, and any sound she made could potentially distract or endanger him. Instead, she focused on her own part of the mission, which almost felt like the easier one of the two after using her Shadow skills to get inside.

Depots like this were heavily guarded on the outside, but very few guards would be walking between the countless containers full of weapons and ammunition. A single shot could cause it all to explode, so the safest way to protect it was to keep everything and everybody out. But no amount of durasteel walls, blast doors, and security systems would ever be enough to keep Valery from entering.

After a quick sweep through the whole place, she found some explosives and picked them together so she could prepare to ignite everything. It would have to be hidden away and only set off after their escape, but she had everything she needed to set that up.

"Take everything, and we'll get out of here," Valery then said, as Dominik's voice reached her over comms again. If they had the plans secured, taking out this entire base would hopefully slow down further research as well. Furthermore, the plans would help the Alliance adapt and prepare for any modifications made to the Empire's new weapon. A small step, considering that these parts weren't the most crucial, but an important one they had to take.

"I have this place set up to explode, so once we're out, I can remote detonate the charges. If we want to save some lives and just destroy this place, I can also set off the evacuation alarm before we depart."

"Take everything, and we'll get out of here," Valery then said, as Dominik's voice reached her over comms again.

"I have this place set up to explode, so once we're out, I can remote detonate the charges. If we want to save some lives and just destroy this place, I can also set off the evacuation alarm before we depart."

Dominik nodded, smiling. "Well, I'm glad that you're the good kind of Jedi, willing to save the lives of your enemies. I'll grab the data and let you know when to set the alarms off." Then he switched back to speaking out loud. Being this close to her and his suit not being soundproof, it was possible she had heard him. "Alright, copy all that data and your work to a disk. I'll be taking it. Don't upload anything else."

"Y-yeah, ok." She squeaked out as she nodded frantically. The barrel of the blaster still felt on her back. She tapped away on the computer, presumably moving files. "I-it's gonna take a minute, lots of d-data, you see." She swallowed and whispered, eyes shut tight. "Please don't hurt me..."

Dominik didn't think he was going to hurt her. She was just a scientist who was brought on board to do the work, she didn't need to die. But she didn't know that. He kept silent and the gun at her back. His finger was off the trigger.

Mack, on the other hand, woke up slowly. His body ached and he was in an embarrassing position on the floor. He was pretty much upside down, back against the lockers and his feet hanging stretched out towards a bench. It was like he had made it halfway through a somersault and stopped. How in the world did he get like this? He flopped to his side and slowly stood up, head fuzzy as he leaned against the lockers for support. He tried to recount the past couple of hours. On watch with Butch, heard something wrong with his suit, came inside... There was someone following him inside. Right, he had come to the locker room hoping there would be others, some backup. But he was alone. He had tried to fight but then he got stunned. The sicko must have propped him up like that for fun, whoever it was. He'd think it some terrible prank if he hadn't gotten a look at the armor. Definitely not their own. Butch and his Jedi Grandma's danger sensing could go jump off a cliff.

He moved to the intercom in the room. It needed a data rod to make sure no one played with it. He reached for his but... it was missing. Kark. He picked up his blaster off the ground, went into the hallway and started shooting the ceiling. Only after he had made some serious damage to the interior of the hallway did he realize he could have just used his comms to alert somebody. He'd have to pay for that... Crap.

"D-Done." She popped the disk out of a terminal and handed it over to Dominik.

"Good. Now delete everything you just copied."

"W-what? But... but I've been staying up for a week to get thi-" He pressed the blaster harder against her back. "Ok! Ok! I'll delete it! Oh please, please don't kill me..."

"I'm pretty sure I told you to not speak from the beginn-"
Dominik was cut off by an alarm going off. Red lights began flashing, an alarm sound blaring. "...That wasn't you, was it?"

"Oh force, please, no it wasn't! I swear!"

He got back on comms. "Jedi, that you?"

The intercom replied, "Confirmed intruder alert! Intruder Alert!"

"You've got to be kidding me." Maybe not killing people after all made his job harder. "Can you still set the evac alarms?"

Weapons:
Lightsaber

After setting the charges at critical points within the room, but still out of sight and hard to find, Valery slipped back into her Force Cloak and phased through the outer wall of the storage room, which brought her into a much more heavily guarded security area. They were armed to the teeth — from heavy rifles to proper body armor and even stun grenades. But no explosives that could set off the ammunition they were guarding, though, and she assumed their weapons would be set to stun.

Not that it really mattered, as her plan would never involve fighting-

Her thought process was interrupted as an intruder alarm suddenly began to echo through the entire facility. That really sparked the interest of the guards, who immediately set up to protect the ammunition storage, while a few began to move so they could help sweep the whole building. Then, Valery heard Dominik's voice over comms, and he seemed just as surprised as she was, which suggested to her that he hadn't been responsible for this directly.

"Wasn't me, and I can still do it. But while I'm in cloak, they're all going to be coming for you," Valery warned him, but he likely understood his situation already. Not wanting to waste any time, Valery rushed down the hallways now, looking for evacuation alarms that could be triggered by fires. The hallway close to the armory had everything she needed — smoke detectors along the ceiling.

With a hand raised, Valery ignited the air just around the sensors, which set them off to indicate a fire was close to where they had explosives stored. Even more alarms were triggered as a result, now calling for all personnel to evacuate.

"Tell me where you're heading and I'll come for you," she said, knowing that she'd have to assist him in getting out of here. He wasn't able to go invisible, as far as she knew.

"Wasn't me, and I can still do it. But while I'm in cloak, they're all going to be coming for you,"

Dominik knew that. Or, at least they would be heading to either Mack's location at the locker rooms or randomly searching the place, having found the body of the guard outside. It hadn't been fifteen minutes, had it? Ten at most, by his reckoning. Still, the first troopers he came into contact with would start the swarm on him. He'd need to play it safe and sneak out best he could-

The door beeped. Dominik threw himself back into the shadows as the door slid open to reveal a trooper all in black step into the room.

"C-can I help you, trooper?" The woman asked.

"Don't you hear the alarms? We got someone insi-" He was cut off by new alarms, stating for everyone to evactuate. "What in the void?" He asked, bewildered as he looked up to the speaker on the cieling. And that's when Dominik closed the door behind him and shot him dead. Or he would have, but he had his blaster on stun. The trooper dropped like his legs had become jello. The woman gave out a surprised yelp, scooting back in her chair a little. She would only cause trouble and point them in his direction. He shot a stun blast at her as well. She shrieked before falling backwards out of the chair. He turned his blaster to fire mode and blew her terminal to pieces. Hopefully, it wasn't backed up to a server or anything. And if it was he hoped she hadn't saved anything yet.

He opened the door and looked both ways. He took the one he had taken to come in. "Heading towards that outside entrance door, along the walls. I have to cross a locker room to do it, and might run into-" As he turned the corner he stood facing a whole squad of Stormtroopers talking to Mack about what had happened. Someone had shot the ceiling for some reason, and they all looked at Dominik. "Don't you guys know to evacuate?" He said out loud. They raised their blasters, but Dominik shot first.

One fell dead before a blaster bolt pinged off Dominik's armor and he took cover around the corner, more angry red bolts scorching the walls. He heard footsteps slowly advancing on him. "I'm pinned down, and I'll be fighting on both sides here in a moment!" He said back through comms. He could hear loud echoing footsteps from where he had come, probably troopers wanting to use the door Dominik had come in on. The troopers spoke into their comms, reporting that they had found the invader. They were about to find another one. Hopefully.

Last edited:

Weapons:
Lightsaber

As quickly as she possibly could, Valery rushed through the facility, her only guide the Force and the direction it gave her to the familiar presence of the Agent. She phased her way through walls when necessary and ignored every imperial she spotted along the way. Most of them were moving fast too, hoping to escape now that the second alarm had gone off. Nobody knew what for and who was behind all of this, but the evacuation alarm had never sounded before outside of training moments.

So they understood it meant trouble, and they would do everything they could to quickly get out.

But not all Imperials were on the run - many were still focused on the intruder alarm instead, as they believed it to be the source of the other alarm as well. With Valery cloaked in the Force and Dominik fighting with everything he had, it meant they were all converging on his position.

"Coming in!" Valery finally called out when she reached his position and seemingly out of nowhere, she appeared in the hallway behind him. Her violet blade was already ignited and caught the enemy by surprise. Within mere seconds, she dropped the whole squad and turned her fiery gaze to Dominik, who had the other side covered. "Now! Let's keep moving!" She exclaimed, hoping that her sudden entry into the battle would spark enough confusion for them to make some progress in their escape.

"The charges are all set so once we're clearesld, I'm blowing this place to bits."

Troopers approached from both sides, and Dominik could only take cover from one. He decided to lay down fire on the troopers focused on fleeing, not on engaging a target. A few dropped dead before they opened fire, blaster bolts pinging off his armor in quick succession as he fired back. He was about to be sandwiched and, even with his armor, they'd take him down.

And then Valery Noble Valery Noble walked out of the wall, ignited her sabers, and attacked the troopers he originally met. He heard those sabers go to work and their cries echoed down the hall. Dominik tossed a thermal detonator, set for only two seconds, towards his side of troopers and took the cover of the corner Valery had secured. An explosion shook the hallway and a few lights went out, along with some debris that flew past Dominik's shoulder. EVen if that didn't kill all of them, the walls would be badly damaged and they'd be at least dazed for a moment. Then blaster bolts began screaming by again through the smoke. Maybe not.

"Now! Let's keep moving!" She exclaimed, hoping that her sudden entry into the battle would spark enough confusion for them to make some progress in their escape.

"The charges are all set so once we're cleared, I'm blowing this place to bits."

Dominik gave her a nod and followed after her, hearing chatter on the dead trooper's comms asking for confirmation of a Jedi present. They wouldn't be getting a response.

They would be able to exit out onto the wall without too much more trouble, but that was where all the troopers were going as well. Outside. And two unknown individuals on the wall quickly became a topic of alarm and within moments a volley of blaster bolts was screeching toward them.

Weapons:
Lightsaber

After quite a mission already, the two had finally managed to meet up again and left behind a path of destruction. Imperial soldiers and personnel were left wounded, dazed, or killed, and they escaped out of the building and onto the bridge, where their next challenge was waiting for them. Some of those trying to escape took notice of the intruders, and they were quick to respond to the threat — a volley of blaster fire came their way, and while they were out in the open, Valery knew it was especially dangerous.

In an attempt to offer Dominik some extra protection, she stayed close to him and positioned herself between him and the enemy while her two violet blades deflected incoming bolts away, or even back to the source. She hoped it would allow the Agent to focus on returning fire, instead of taking cover and doing, which would give them the advantage. They had the high ground to engage those running down below, she provided cover and he could strike back from afar.

"Got a group coming up on the far end of the bridge!" She called out as they moved, "Got any more of those grenades?" Normally, it would be very dangerous to use one if the enemy was too close, but it was the quickest way to get through them, and Valery could easily shield them both against the blast.

With the bolts coming at them and their response to be to get even closer and increase the firepower, they couldn't stand still. Valery Noble Valery Noble blocked and deflected the bolts while they moved along the bridge to the wall. She was doing a fine job of it as well. As much as Dom was practiced in fighting Force Users, you couldn't discount their abilities. There must have been at least twenty blasters firing at them, and that number only grew as more troopers evacuated. But with Valery there, he could pretty much jog without much worry. Of course, he wasn't just jogging, no. He had to somewhat time his shots to not hit her lightsabers from behind, but with his eye making speed and directional calculations, he was able to spew blaster bolts back at the cluster of troopers. He was reaching for a grenade when Valery called out about a group ahead on the wall. He looked.

They were coming in fast and were about to open fire. Pulling out a thermal detonator, setting it, throwing it, and waiting for it to go off would take too much time. Another reason why he liked having a DC-17m. The grenade launcher at the bottom. With practiced motion he loaded a grenade from a pouch, engaged the mechanism, aimed, and fired. The explosive shot through the air faster than a blaster bolt, exploding on impact with the wall floor right at the squad's feet. There was fire and dust and a loud 'boom', accompanied by the shouts and cries of the troopers as some were knocked back by the explosive, and some were torn apart.

"Yes I do!" Dominik reported back. "Let's get out of here!"

Weapons:
Lightsaber

It seemed she didn't even really have to ask.

Right as she called out to him, Valery watched a grenade fly over her and towards the enemies up ahead. Its path played out in slow motion to her, as she drew on the Force to enhance her reflexes and ready herself to shield them. Even if the blast itself didn't reach the two, shrapnel definitely could and she simply couldn't risk it. So right as the grenade exploded and took down the whole squad of Imperial troops, Valery had a barrier projected that covered them both.

In fact, it allowed them to keep moving as well, rather than keep their distance to stay clear from the blast. "Good shot!" Valery called out after the deafening sound of the explosion had faded. A light smirk was now pulling on her lips, as the path to freedom was almost entirely cleared now. For just two people, they had done a considerable amount of damage and with the explosives set inside the armory, the fireworks were about to get a lot more intense.

"No time to rappel down, so trust me!" Valery said once they reached the edge of the wall. Instead of safely going down with cables, she simply jumped and spun around in mid-air with an arm extended toward Dominik. She wrapped the Force gently around him and pulled him along before she softened her own impact and set him down beside her without a scratch or heavy impact. "Take this," she offered the detonator for the explosives and reached for her lightsaber again.

Just in case they ran into enemies up ahead, it would be better if she could shield them with their lightsabers. There was less cover out here to make use of, and she didn't think he'd mind being the one to set off the explosives either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom