Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Quietly. Silently. Elegantly we rise. (Aveline)

Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor

Someone charged from the crowd, signalling that things had gone past mere words and diplomacy. This man's judgement of the two was clear, and he would not wait to see it done.

Having chosen violence, Aveline responded.

Drawing upon the Force, she pulled hard on the broken glass, seeking to rip it from the man's hand. He might cut himself on the glass, but it was better than the alternatives. Following her move, she would push the man backwards with the Force.

Aveline wasn't holding any speeches now. She stood calm, but firm. The young Jedi Padawan had not drawn her weapon, nor did she return the weapons back to the two behind her. She made it clear that she would not tolerate anymore violence.

Be careful what you wish for.
Aveline Cuiléin Aveline Cuiléin

"Great Minds think alike"

Those words can either be a blessing, or a curse.

This time it was a curse.

Zatch went to push the glass bottle out of his hand as the Padawan pulled. This mirroring effect sent the "weapon" scurrying through the air right at her. Not without casualties though as the glass ripped an artery in the would-be attacker's hand and then flipping in the air seemed to be directed at Zatch herself errantly. That is until Baulen jumped in front of her and it implanted into his chest.

This was not a fatal injury, he would survive should he get medical treatment, but he was bleeding heavily right now and could bleed out if he did not.

One silver lining to this black cloud is that while the would-be attacker was claiming that he was the victim here, that the Sith AND Jedi attacked him, the crowd had turned...

... on him.

They were not supportive of Baulen or Zatch, but they were not directly against them either. Some even asking if they could help, judging by the fear and emotion on Zatch's face right now in trying to care for her dear friend.

Things happened very fast.

Aveline had thought the situation under control, herself in control, yet not considered the factor of the Force sensitives behind her. They might intervene too, of course.

"Kark" she muttered, looking in shock at the piece of glass impaled onto Baulen. A heroic gesture, though one she wished she could have prevented. Still, it was no use dwelling on the maybes, this was what was happening.

It wasn't obvious to Aveline at first that the wound wasn't fatal, and she rushed over to him. She was no medic, but she put what she hoped was an experienced and unconcerned eye on him. "A flesh wound." Ladies love scars, she almost said, though it no longer seemed appropriate for jokes.

Aveline could only be grateful that the crowd didn't join in, that violence didn't seem to escalate at this point. Perhaps it was the final flashpoint that showed calmer heads that things had already gone too far.

She used the moment to close her eyes, focus, and reach out with the Force. The Force was her ally, her companion. She felt for his wound, asked for it to close... Nothing. Aveline was no healer, and she imagined the initiates of the arts started small.

Aveline was no healer, she was a fighter... And in that moment, the simplicity of battlefield logic dawned on her.

"Stand back" she urged whatever of the crowd had come close, either to help or to look at the wounded man. To Zatch, she said in no uncertain terms "Hold him" To Baulen, she said "Don't you fethin' move" They both knew she didn't have to tell him this was going to hurt.

Aveline ignited her blue lightsaber, holding it clear out to her side. Then, with calm precision, she held it over his bleeding wound, and pressed down.

The last thing that evil wants...

ai.generated.art.photo-art-1701558005307.png.jpg

resonant-staff-hilt-lit-6.png

"Vanguard" (Secondary - Long Handle)
0cf9376e75158d86a4aaeac9fb408128.jpg

"CONSERVATOR" (Primary - Long Handle)
Robes, Battle Armor,Toraynor-Henkan(mind crystal added) Advanced Jedi Utility Belt
Starship: Spectre, HK-88 (NC-1000 X-wing (Jedi Variant) in the hangar, Dilorian, and Bike both in the cargo bay, the late Karki Eusith's Armor, Shield, Temple Guard Lightsaber mounted on the wall)
Allies: @Aveline Cuiléin
Foes:

“Knighthood lies above eternity; it doesn’t live off fame, but rather deeds.” - Dejan Stojanovic

STOP!

Vanagor himself was stepping out of a transport, several other Jedi, looking to be “healers” with him. He directed them immediately to address Baulen as he waved the Padawan over. Zatch was allowed to stay with her friend and protector. As Cuilen would approach him, she would hear the massive Jedi Master address the crowd.

The situation, I assure you, is under control. Your intentions are understandable, but you must allow us to handle this our way and not resort to “mob rule”. Reaching out through the Force, he immobilized the one who tried to take the law into his own hands. That means you.

The crowd seemed to “get it” and even took the would-be assassin into custody of their own, not “mob rule” but waiting for the constable to arrive. Meanwhile Caltin turned to the Padawan now in front of him, a somber look on his face. So… did you find what I sent you for?

... is my undivided attention.

Aveline's eyes lifted when she heard the voice that did not need the Force to command authority.

Reinforcements had arrived. All tension eased from her muscles, as she knew with absolute certainty that everything would be alright. No one else would get hurt. It wasn't so much that she felt she wouldn't have been able to keep people from being harmed, it was simply knowing she did not need to be on edge in the same way.

Aveline allowed more professional healers to take over, and walked over to Caltin.

"Master Vanagor" she said with a respectful nod of the head. Though it had been but half a day, she felt like she had aged a month. Her greeting was a contrast to the casual, jesting tone from before.

"I got... Preoccupied" she remarked, adding in a calm tone "I haven't found out anything more about this item you mentioned. I felt this situation required my attention." there was a pause, the slight hint of a voiceless chuckle, before she said "Unless it happens to be either of these" she pulled out the lightsaber hilt and dagger that Zatch and Baulen had surrendered to her.

Robes, Battle Armor,Toraynor-Henkan(mind crystal added) Advanced Jedi Utility Belt
Starship: Spectre, HK-88 (NC-1000 X-wing (Jedi Variant) in the hangar, Dilorian, and Bike both in the cargo bay, the late Karki Eusith's Armor, Shield, Temple Guard Lightsaber mounted on the wall)
Foes:

“Knighthood lies above eternity; it doesn’t live off fame, but rather deeds.” - Dejan Stojanovic

Looking down at her, and the weapons she was holding, Caltin was fully aware of everything that was going on. No, he did not plan any of this, it was her trial after all, but it was the right time to send her on this trial. That is what the Force was telling. That and he had her followed… but she doesn’t know that.

Tell me… why was this so important to stop you from your mission I sent you on… and before you even think about it; I do not want quick answers. I want a full explanation as if you are writing an after-action report.

Standing quietly, arms folded over each other, he was clearly waiting for an answer.

Aveline opened her mouth to give a quick answer, then slowly closed it. She had very nearly blundered into that one. She looked down at the sand, the crowd, and took a moment to gather her thoughts. It didn't take her long.

"It was the only thing I could do, as a Jedi. To hunt the unknown item above all else would only be motivated by personal glory, putting my own trial and advancement above the plight of the people. It would mean my focus was inward, closed off to the will of the Force. That is not what being a Jedi about" it sounded more Sith, than anything.

"The Force put me on this path, and made me available to solve the situation here. Without the Jedi, today would've been a day of violence and blood vengance. I could sense it, even without the Force. Baulen and Zatch would've been pushed until one retaliated. Even if they didn't, the crowd was out for blood. They're not bad people, but they have lived through bad times. When things went too far, they realized, and pulled back" Well, most of them did. There was still the one that Caltin had put in stasis. "They just needed to be reminded of that. They still need to grieve for the past"

She realized her mission had held a singular aim, one she had failed to accomplish. She didn't feel bad about it, or even sad. Aveline knew there had been no other way for her. She could fail retrieving the item by getting involved with today's event, but remain her integrity as a Jedi, or she could succeed the mission but fail being a Jedi. "It's about sacrifice" Aveline said after a moment, letting her thoughts simmer as she looked up at the Jedi Master's expectant gaze. "It's about those we serve"

"The Force sent me here so I could help resolve this. I don't regret anything, or, getting involved I mean. I'm sure I could have handled things better, more efficently. I am still learning."
even when she became a Knight, if ever, she would still have a lot to learn. "but I don't regret trying. Even if that means I failed your mission, failed my trial. I can take it again, another opportunity will reveal itself when I'm ready. I'm not sad" but if someone had died today, thanks to her neglect? She wasn't sure how she would recover from that.

Foes:

For the next several awkward moments, Caltin stared at her. His stoic nature, his blank face, all part of his lore and tools he used when conducting a trial. When Padawans are at this point, they should not be coddled, they should not be reassured, they need to understand their actions and the potential ramifications to them.

Another moment after all of this later, and finally the big man spoke… Do you feel a failure?

Last edited:
Aveline gave her report, and looked up expcetantly. She waited. Then she waited some more. Probably he was mulling it all over in his mind, deciding how she felt today had gone... Or perhaps he was trying to determine how she felt. She was doing nothing to mask her thoughts.

When she spoke, she looked almost puzzled for a moment. Then breathed out, without hesitation. "No" she wasn't sure why, but she smiled. "No, I didn't find the item you sent me after. but I don't feel a failure. I think I did the right thing. I'd do it again."

Aveline searched his stoic face, but he was frustratingly hard to read. She felt at peace with herself, but she would be lying if she said she wasn't curious as to what this all looked like through the lens of a Jedi Master

Foes:

Who says that you didn't? He was not comforting or reassuring, but his tone had indeed changed. I wanted you to find purpose, I could not tell you what to look for because it was something only you could find. You approached the situation, you followed your instincts and acted accordingly, not to mention stand by your decisions
You indeed found what I sent you to find. Now you just need some confidence, something your former Master failed you on, unfortunately.

Aveline looked at the Jedi Master, a bit puzzled at first, but slowly realization dawned. Purpose. It was in a way like a riddle, one that she might've solved had she listened to the Force. Or perhaps she hadn't needed to know, she just needed to trust. Understanding came later.

"Thank you, Master" she said sincerely. She had passed. Aveline allowed herelf to taste the relief and joy. Today had been a valuable lesson. Among them was to trust her own judgement a bit more.

Aveline had to give a little chuckle at his final remark. "That, and much else." what had started light-hearted grew a touch more sombre. She wondered how much her confidence, or lack thereof, could be blamed on the man Caltin referred to. He had been assigned a young girl prone to anger, and had poked at her weaknesses instead of shoring them up, and instead of celebrating her progress had made her doubt herself, and the center of ridicule. Yet for all she had been made to deal with, she couldn't shake the thought that for a grown man to act that way, he must be feeling even worse about himself. "I worry about him sometimes." and it wasn't just the drinking.

Whatever concern she might have, she knew she didn't have the strength to do something about it. She was too close to it, it was too difficult. And not every problem in the galaxy could be hers to solve.

She shook the memories and thoughts away before she could spiral away. "I will find my confidence. And one of these days, soon, I will pass my final trial and become a Jedi Knight." she even dared to think she'd make a good one. "And I want to thank you for the part you have played in that" it was not insignificant. In a strange way, Caltin was one of the few remnants of her past with the Silvers, with many fond memories attached. "You were there when I got my first crystal. You were there when we got attacked on Deneba. "

Aveline looked up at the big guy's face, the one she even after all this time still hadn't quite figured out how to read. Again, she laughed. "I'm not going soft on you. You know, you just never know how many days you got ahead of you. So, some things are just better left said. So, thanks"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom