Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question

Be careful what you wish for.
Just something really more for you than anything. If you want to just use a regular lightsaber, I wouldn't worry about it, but if you want something particular and unique you might want to make a sub just to cover yourself. Up to you. :)

Be careful what you wish for.
Just something really more for you than anything. If you want to just use a regular lightsaber, I wouldn't worry about it, but if you want something particular and unique you might want to make a sub just to cover yourself. Up to you. :)
This is on one of my divs, it's mainly for story in my case.​

resonant-staff-hilt-lit-6.png

"Vanguard" (Secondary - Long Handle)
3ghxt5m3VSQQ1CPIzBGpAJo-jD3AAI6kKb9mG817lp06_6220Q0UlGavOUW9Viv1XNBuoIvInRj4hif18YHgPNXOJjfyn_recaaJLC3RiHe26rW4q-gWgTKkrF1iIB_PYWVzuiN_

"CONSERVATOR" (Primary - Long Handle)
HK-88 Robes, Battle Armor,Toraynor-Henkan(mind crystal added) Advanced Jedi Utility Belt
Starship: Spectre, (Jedi Interceptor in the hangar, Dilorian, and Bike both in the cargo bay, the late Karki Eusith's Armor, Shield, Temple Guard Lightsaber mounted on the wall)
Sanctuary Island

So i keep seeing that people made pages for their characters lightsabers and other weapons and wanted to ask if thats required or not

Those pages are called submissions, part of the charm of SWRP Chaos is that you get to submit technology, species and locations via the Codex and Factory.

However, it is important to note, as Kyric Kyric and Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor alluded to, the Codex and the Factory are very much not mandatory. There are many RPers on the site who have never touched either and are very happy. That said, if you wish to codify anything, from an NPC to a lightsaber then this MUST be done through the relevant forum in the Codex or the Factory.

To give an example of what this means, I can describe my lightsaber in a thread, "the hand-crafted silver and wood handle unleashed a brilliant blue blade with a snap-hiss. The falling rain sizzled on the energy blade capable of slicing through Beskcar and Phrik alike as the Jedi swing it at his opponent." And that's 100% just fine. However, if I wanted to have a link to give to others when using a blade in a PvP thread, or have a single description of a blade or a ship and its functions and abilities I would need to submit it to the factory for review and approval.

Luckily once you submit an item you can use it in RP straight away, the judges will review it as soon as they're able and they're always happy to help you work through any issues that might occur with the submission.

If you do wish to submit a lightsaber then you would want to post a submission to the Technology Creation forum using the Melee Weapon template, there is a basic example of a lightsaber submission beneath the template which should give you an idea of how to fill it out.

Some things you should be aware of if making a lightsaber submission are the Factory Rules and the Restricted Material Rules. This is an example of a slightly more complex set of sabers I made for an old Jedi Character of mine.

While it does seem a little overwhelming at first, it's actually a lot of fun making submissions and helps you to make items for your character's RP that are exactly what you thought of and easily share and link them with others.

If you have any questions about the process please feel free to reach out to me via a site message or discord.

Good Luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom