Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question: NPCs and Objectives

[member="Tefka"]

I believe we discussed this in short once, I don't recall the conversation and your stance - NPCs cannot be used to directly win engagements on Objectives? Regardless if a PC is controlling them or not, right? A PC must be actively involved in the Objective beyond PVP in order for the Objective to be secured.

Would this sound about right?

Maybe this is something for the RPJ realm but there is no real clear definition for the NPC usage with PC controlling and objectives being overrun as of late with NPCs and victory and defeat. I have found that alot of discomfort has come from NPC flooding and even those controlling the NPCs are getting a bit tired of having to micromanage their NPCs to such an extent that it's taking away from the fun-factor of writing during Invasions.

I only am asking this to clear up the fog of war that surrounds this issue.

tl;dr - NPCs and Objectives aren't clear to myself or others I guess. Invasion Rules obviously don't specify anything regarding such.

[member="Aaralyn Rekali"] In most cases, I would assume that there are no rules on this subject because the staff trusts faction admins to develop a set of rules and guidelines for each invasion. In one situation, npcs are significant. In another, they might be background noise. In the same way that fleeting is treated, case by case.

A general rule stifles creativity when instead, faction admins can develop temporary rule sets for each specific invasion to follow the desires and expectations of their constituents.

Kira Talith

Kinetic Communication at its finest my Chick-e-dee
As long as this part of the invasion rules is done prior to.

"
Before an Invasion begins, Faction Leaders must convene to discuss how the Invasion will be handled by both sides to account for fairness and balance. If a compromise cannot be reached please consult a Role-play Judge."

Then anything is possible.

Reverance said:
[member="Aaralyn Rekali"] In most cases, I would assume that there are no rules on this subject because the staff trusts faction admins to develop a set of rules and guidelines for each invasion. In one situation, npcs are significant. In another, they might be background noise. In the same way that fleeting is treated, case by case.

A general rule stifles creativity when instead, faction admins can develop temporary rule sets for each specific invasion to follow the desires and expectations of their constituents.
But that hasn't been the case - NPCs haven't been discussed as of late or really ever, beyond sizes.

We're talking - Mr Rancor can go into the Generator controlled by Mr. So and so and smash it, he wins for the Black Sun against the OP.

We're talking - Mr. So and So controls two million Vong and overcomes and entire objective.

EDIT - Oh man - here comes the group. Just forget I even asked. Had nothing to do with your victories - it was clarification. God you guys are seriously defensive about some stuff.

Go back and read the feedback about how unhappy people were about NPCs flooding objectives, ect. I was just trying to help and get clarification for people. Jesus.

Aaralyn Rekali said:
But that hasn't been the case - NPCs haven't been discussed as of late or really ever, beyond sizes.
I'm pretty positive it has been the case. When it comes time for invasions, faction admins talk all this stuff out. For example, look at the major differences in NPC policy between Kashyyyk and the previous invasions. That's a Republic/OS faction admin matter that's clearly in the process of reevaluation and refinement. Things are being done at the appropriate level.

Jorus Merrill said:
I'm pretty positive it has been the case. When it comes time for invasions, faction admins talk all this stuff out. For example, look at the major differences in NPC policy between Kashyyyk and the previous invasions. That's a Republic/OS faction admin matter that's clearly in the process of reevaluation and refinement. Things are being done at the appropriate level.
Sure.

Aaralyn Rekali said:
[member="Tefka"]

I believe we discussed this in short once, I don't recall the conversation and your stance - NPCs cannot be used to directly win engagements on Objectives? Regardless if a PC is controlling them or not, right? A PC must be actively involved in the Objective beyond PVP in order for the Objective to be secured.

Would this sound about right?

Maybe this is something for the RPJ realm but there is no real clear definition for the NPC usage with PC controlling and objectives being overrun as of late with NPCs and victory and defeat. I have found that alot of discomfort has come from NPC flooding and even those controlling the NPCs are getting a bit tired of having to micromanage their NPCs to such an extent that it's taking away from the fun-factor of writing during Invasions.

I only am asking this to clear up the fog of war that surrounds this issue.

tl;dr - NPCs and Objectives aren't clear to myself or others I guess. Invasion Rules obviously don't specify anything regarding such.
It's up to interpretation by the presiding RPJ. Might be cool Monday, might get ruled against Tuesday.

Just ask the role-player to be chill, and if he doesn't comply, report him and roll your dice with an RPJ.

Tefka said:
It's up to interpretation by the presiding RPJ. Might be cool Monday, might get ruled against Tuesday.

Just ask the role-player to be chill, and if he doesn't comply, report him and roll your dice with an RPJ.
Alright, thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom