Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

QUESTION ABOUT MECHU DERU COUNTER.

Alexandra Feanor

The Lady in Silver/Grey Historian
So, during the ongoing invasion of Prakith i seem to have hit a bump in the road in wondering. Heres the situation.

Tyrin Ardik is using Mechuderu on Alex's sabers, which you can find in my Sig below. What i am wondering though is he is trying to overload the power cells which gaveme an idea for a counter but i dont know if it would work. If i used Cyrokinesis, or even a Cryokinesis and Pyrokinesis combination, could i essentially keep the powercells from over loading by removing the excess heat that would be coming from them.

[member="Alexandra Lianne Feanor"]

You'll crack either the hilt's casing or your crystal if you keep rapidly heating and cooling it down.

Plus, it's not just about overheating things, it's also to do with messing up circuitry etc. It's not as simple as "I'll cool it down then"

Besides then your focus will be solely on YOUR lightsaber and not what your opponent is doing. Bad idea mid combat.

Alexandra Feanor

[member="Adiara Drelas"]

I was going to have her stay focused on the sabers while [member="Gherron Vael"] provides cover and attacks him, breaking the concentration. Even if it cracks the sabers its better than them blowing up which is all i need. Also it wouldnt be her continually altering the temperature as hse would turn off the sabers to remove the own normal heat and then keep the cells cooled while the man tried to overload inactive sabers. Not altering the heat up and down like a coaster.

Mechu-Deru is a rare power, you won't find it at every corner, so are there ways to counter such a thing? Probably. Would your character be aware of what Ardik is trying to do in the heat of battle, then have the presence of mind to figure out such a solution? Doubtfully.

Could it work? Don't think so. He is basically overloading the cells almost instantaneously, siphoning off the heat would have only worked if it was a gradual slower buildup.

[member="Alexandra Lianne Feanor"]

Why don't you speak with Tyrin to try and see what he's actually attempting to do with the power?

Also that ^

EDIT: Also if you don't know how to do something OOC or IC then metagaming the knowledge is sort of going against the point of character development and progression. Your character doesn't know how to do it. After this, maybe she should learn how to rather than magically figuring it out because of OOC investigation.

[member="Alexandra Lianne Feanor"] Well, if your sabers are about to explode, use your precog to sense something going up with your sabers and some kind of danger about to happen, and then throw them at him? For one thing, you're attacking him, and another, if he continues overloading the sabers, they blow up in his face instead.

Alexandra Feanor

We decided that they probably wouldn't explode like normal sabers, or if at all would be severly lessened... them being phrik casinged and all. Either way thank you for the information everyone. We figured out what we are gonna do.

You know my suggestion already, but I said point them at him. Being made of phrik, I'd think they would control the explosion and force it out the weakest end(the emitter) Same concept behind rifles and muskets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom