Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Q: Something you wish you knew before you started?

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Q: Something you wish you knew before you started?

Every time I join a new forum I have a list of expectations I'm working from. Naturally, things change and I evolve to meet and match new experiences. But I always sort of come back wishing that I'd learned a few of these lessons beforehand. Something I wish I'd known before I'd even gotten started.

Is there something you wish you'd known before joining CHAOS? One thing that really stands out to you.

Ex: Number 10 on Tef's List of Leadership Qualities. Sleep on it. If I had learned to follow this rule in everything I did? I'd be a much more successful person. Both IC and OOC. :D

I wish I knew a lot of things, like where I'd eventually end up with Silara. If I had.. well, maybe I would have been a bit more pursuant with my thread with Darth Mierin's writer.

Maybe I'd be a bit more engaging with [member="Alric Kuhn"] (No pun intended). Feel like I missed an opportunity to keep writing there because I pushed for the character I'm writing right now.

Guess I just wish I knew what I would regret, you know?

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
Ilias Nytrau said:
Seriously, though. I wish I'd known about this place sooner. I wouldn't have suffered for so long.
Truth.

I wish I'd known how easy it would be to get the ball rolling on a faction and accomplish something -- and I wish I'd known that every faction has an expiry date.

Evasion Studios
Jay Scott Clark said:
Every time I join a new forum I have a list of expectations I'm working from
There are -other- forums? Lies I say..Lies.

[member="Jay Scott Clark"]

If I could have known about the great calamity (site wipe of 2013), I would have saved much words -- all the words.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Ilias Nytrau said:
I wish I knew you'd end up asking so many questions. I'd have invested in earplugs.
Mughahaghaha. Ears - Check. Now all that remains is to assault your eyes, nose, mouth, sense of touch, and musical aspirations! :D :p

- Between H & K on your keyboard

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Mark Sage said:
Kinda sad I joined so late with everything so developed already. Oh well, I'm sure I'll do SOMETHING of value in the next event.
Nah dude. Your full participation is the highest bar of merit. You see, because all our stories, tech, and characters are fictional? They have no intrinsic worth. Zero net value. They only gain merit and reputation by sharing them with other people, building, and having fun together. The more you participate and share of yourself, and your imagination? The better of an experience we'll all have.

So thanks for playing. Thanks for being awesome! :D

Farlon Orbit

Tough, Disciplined, Die-hard.
How to control how much patience I had for waiting. When I begun I would at first check it every five minutes and it began to become a problem and the I got sick of it and made huge breaks from it making me detach from the site for a month. Now I have the right amount of patience for the site.

And now that I have figured that out I have developed a Force sense whenever someone mentions me, works 4/5 times, every time. (no joke)

Riggs

R
Wish I knew about that darn map of the galaxy lol. Would have made things easier knowing who owned what

Alric Kuhn

Handsome K'lor'slug
I wish I had known sooner how attached people get to their characters.

A lot of people love their characters, and when I RP with them I think they expect the same of me, but that's not the case. I have a reputation for killing off my characters rather quickly, and Apparently this has upset some people in the past. I wish someone would have told me or let me know way sooner. It would have helped.

#Characterdeathfreesincedecember

Alric Kuhn said:
A lot of people love their characters, and when I RP with them I think they expect the same of me, but that's not the case. I have a reputation for killing off my characters rather quickly, and Apparently this has upset some people in the past.
Pfft, that's something at least I'd expect everybody to be like. Wish I had know people here would be nothing like that as well.

But my few things I wish I'd known. First, the fact that creating a character on a muse burst is not the best decision, especially if it's a really sudden burst. Second, free time (and the boredom which comes with that) doesn't mean I have to look for a thousand more threads. Third, most of the times people are nothing like the characters they write.

Alric Kuhn said:
I wish I had known sooner how attached people get to their characters.

A lot of people love their characters, and when I RP with them I think they expect the same of me, but that's not the case. I have a reputation for killing off my characters rather quickly, and Apparently this has upset some people in the past. I wish someone would have told me or let me know way sooner. It would have helped.

#Characterdeathfreesincedecember
<3

Ellion Corsair

E
I wish I could tell myself not to run with my muse and create large amounts of alts. Just evolve your active characters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom