Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Diplomacy Pt. 1.5 - Licking Our Wounds (Anaxes, Alliance/High Republic)

Br8YpBr.png
The information was a lot to grasp. Some of it far too technical for the High Admiral himself. Still, he followed what he was able to with great consideration and growing concern. With everything that had been presented and reinforced, there seemed to be no denying the grim nature of this invasion. Somehow, these beasts from the Mists-Beyond had found a way to cut into reality without the use of one of these "Gateways."

With a deep sigh, the Admiral joins the discussion, "So, if whatever has happened in the Brentaal system was the cause of this rippling effect your agency has monitored across these systems, it's likely that whatever we're dealing with is a unique and powerful event. Even under these truly abnormal circumstances."

His hand returns to his chin, pinching at the hair as he listens intently to the Captain's words and weighs them against the information provided. "While we were able to observe that the smaller beasts could be 'killed' by conventional means, their resilience was still astounding. Not only that, but the big one -- whatever that godless thing was that was tearing its way through reality -- failed to even show signs of irritation when hit with our strongest ship-scale weaponry," he taps at his chin, reaching no meaningful conclusion with his train of thought.

"We simply don't know enough. We need more information," his eyes move from the Anaxsi Captain to the Republic Colonel, "these gateways you mentioned, Colonel. Are they more or less stable?" His lips tighten, dissatisfied with the direction he knew he was going, "If Jedi-led excursions have proven successful in the past, perhaps we can call upon them for aid once more. We could supply them with reinforcements. They may be able seek out information within to help us fight back."

He continues, his attention shifting between each member at the table as he does, "It should at least be considered. But regardless, if the Alliance offers units to help build defenses at each of these Gates in our shared territory, would the Republic supply personnel to help fortify Anaxes? Whether we have an edge or not, we must do what we can to be prepared for whatever happens next."

Last edited:
Azure Sector // Anaxes // Anaxes Station

Gala'd been running on fumes since Tepasi. The amber liquid that slid across the table to her got two swivels of its base against the counter top before she lifted it to her sapphire lips. The reserve stung at the back of her throat, and she struck her tongue against the roof of her mouth in an appreciative, but taken, reaction to the first sip. It burned its way through her chest and down to her belly until her frustrated expression looked more pleased.

Behind the counter, the barkeep nervously wrung a rag through an already pristine glass. He was darting his gaze between the green warrior, who was still blood and guts stained from the battle, and the company behind her. The Admiral had promised his finances compensated, but change made him nervous. Especially quick change.

When the projection came from the droid's feed, he gulped.

Gala didn't even turn around. She was grouchy and exhausted. She'd just been fighting for hours on end, and her government had just lost its leader. While she didn't care one way or the other for the Imperator himself, an Imperium rested on the success of the individual at the head. If he fell, that could affect her pay check. How would that pan out?

She took another sip, and let the amber pool over her tongue while she thought about how she'd go about claiming a cheque if it wasn't received in an appropriate amount of time.

Last edited:

Sienna Vekarr

S
Sienna allowed a cynical chuckle to escape her lips before folding her arms and looking at her boots.
"Stable? Oh yes...The Gates are stable. We've been trying for years to close them but they refuse to do so. There would be no trouble entering and leaving." 'But I wouldn't call our excursions...Successful,' she thought to herself. The scientists did though, but only because the Jedi sometimes survived or a helmet was brought back with recordings. They weren't successful because the expeditions returned safely. The thought sent a shiver down her spine.

"Of course. I can take this information back to the Senate. I'm sure that you will have your support. In the interim, I have been authorized to release the Agni Kai and her crew to you as a show of good faith. They will aid in the coming days in your fortification efforts." She knew Commander Satou would have something to say about this, but this was a directive from the Corellian senator and was echoed by Strategic Intelligence. The vessel would stay here until full Republic support was achieved and deployed.

She brought her hand to her chin in contemplation. Something the Admiral had said earlier had bothered her. She had limited experience with the Gate of Corellia and even less with the Netherworld itself. But she did know that Corellia's was unique from other Core World rift gates in that on the other end...Was a never-ending war. But they were also wraiths. Powerful spirits of the Dark Side, one Master had said.

"You said you could kill them with standard weaponry? What did they look like? Did they manifest any Force abilities?"

Cassius Callaesar Cassius Callaesar Jacen Nimdok Jacen Nimdok Loske Treicolt Loske Treicolt Constantine Oliva Constantine Oliva

The big one wasn't harmed by capital ship-grade weaponry. That would be an issue. All the other monstrosities could be dealt with sufficient firepower, but a being he couldn't harm threw a wrench into his idea. Listening further, Constantine agreed with the admiral's statement. More information was necessary. If only Jedi expeditions had been successful, then they'd need to use them. His personal dislike for a particular method didn't discredit that method's effectiveness.

"Maybe some of the Jedi who helped in the evacuation could help lead an expedition into the gate to gather information? They have experience fighting them now, and will know if something's different."

The Jedi would need some time to rest to be properly effective, but once they had that Constantine was sure they could find some information crucial to at least preventing disasters like this in the future.

Sienna Vekarr Jacen Nimdok Jacen Nimdok Cassius Callaesar Cassius Callaesar Loske Treicolt Loske Treicolt

Last edited:
Nimdok raised an eyebrow, rather annoyed at this new development. There had been numerous recent excursions into the Netherworld, and yet he was only hearing about it now?...

His hawkish eyes darted around the table as the conversation moved swiftly from person to person. Since most of those present were soldiers, they all had driven and take-charge attitudes. The intellectual Nimdok could follow what was being said without issues, but he could hardly get a word in. Not that he had anything particularly profound or even helpful to add.

As plans were drawn up to enter one of the Netherworld gates, Nimdok finally interrupted.

“I volunteer to go on this expedition,” he announced, knowing that he probably sounded like the biggest fool in the galaxy. “I am not a Jedi, but I believe my knowledge of the Netherworld will be helpful in this situation…”

He trailed off, realizing belatedly that he was now the guardian of a young child, and there was no one else who could care for her while he was gone. Well, he could always arrange for a babysitter on short notice, couldn’t he? There was no way in hell (ha) he was bringing her with him into the Netherworld, that was for sure.

“I’m sure Master Heliobas would agree to go on such an expedition at once, were he here,” he went on. “But since he is unavailable, and he tasked me with serving as his representative in his absence, it’s only fitting. Besides, how could I pass up on an opportunity to venture into the Netherworld itself? I simply have to go.”

He gave each of them a look that made it clear there was no arguing with him. If they refused to bring him along, he would sneak aboard one of their vessels or hijack a ship to send it hurtling through the gate. Nimdok had no problem with risking his life to satisfy his curiosity.

Cassius Callaesar Cassius Callaesar Loske Treicolt Loske Treicolt Constantine Oliva Constantine Oliva Sienna Vekarr

Gala Geert Gala Geert
Br8YpBr.png
"You know, there are other reasons to fight than material wealth," the droid speaks up, taking a calculated guess at the subject on his comrade's mind. He didn't quite understand fatigue, or why an increase of it changed personalities so dramatically. "You are a skilled bladeswoman and a commanding presence. I admire your abilities." He scans the selection of alcoholic drinks behind the counter idly, trying to avoid making direct eye contact with the nervous barkeep opposite of him, "You will get your credits, and your sleep."

Dak had never thought about receiving payment for the missions he'd undertaken. He never had a desire for credits, really. The only instance he could think of was when it came to setting up his small manufacturing project on Sunspot, but even then the investment was minimal. Cedric had been quick to oblige from his position as Lord-Imperator. It was a kind gesture; perhaps one that Dak had overlooked the significance of, with no real basis of the value of wealth.

His receptors shift back to Gala from the corners of their sockets, watching her take the second sip. The two rested in an awkward silence, trapped between the common crowd and the impromptu briefing. "
Can you describe taste?" he asks abruptly, focus lingering on the glass as it's placed back onto the countertop "I've never once considered the fact that I lack the sense entirely. How peculiar."

He turns his head to look off into the crows that still filled the opposite side of the bar, observing the faces of the people as the sat silently or spoke to one-another "
I suppose that would be as difficult as me describing all the colours you'll never be able to see. The world must look so dull behind those bio-receptors."

Br8YpBr.png
"Did they manifest any Force abilities?"

The thought sends a shiver down the Admiral's spine. He hadn't even considered that. Cassius had no awareness of the Force himself, and hadn't heard any mention from his other commanders. But this would surely be something they'd need to investigate further. Unfortunately, he can only offer a slight shrug to the question, "They came in many shapes and sizes. There was no order or logic to their forms. They appeared grotesque and random in nature, really. As for the Force," his eyes look to the others at the table, unsure of whether any of them had an unspoken attunement "I have no conclusive evidence one way or the other. I did not observe and haven't received any reports that may indicate they did."

He offers a slight bow of his head in response to the offer to station a Republic-aligned battlecruiser in the system, "Anything is appreciated, Colonel."

Cassius' attention shifts to the much younger Captain when he speaks up, and he finds himself offering a nod. "I agree, Cpt. Oliva. I would much rather put those who are willing and have experienced these horrors already to the task. I will compile a list of known Jedi who were present on Brentaal IV and have officials from the Alliance reach out to the Temple on Coruscant. We have many Jedi Knights loyal to our banner. Despite the circumstances, I suspect it will not be hard for us to find volunteers."

Nimdok's own declaration comes in perfect harmony to the High Admiral's assumption.

"While I'm unfamiliar with the Master you speak of, I think the skills and knowledge you've described could prove invaluable regardless," he looks back to the Republic representative "but we will need to study these Gates and determine our best option, or whether any alternatives exist. What we would be asking these brave men and women to do is no small task. Time may be limited, but we must use what we can spare as best as we can to make calculated decisions. Neither of our factions want to send heroes to the slaughter."

Azure Sector // Anaxes // Anaxes Station - Bar
Dak Dak

Gala's personality was threatening another paradigm at this point. Her eyes were as dry as sandpaper, and she stared straight ahead when Dak Dak engaged her. Her breath created ripples in the amber liquid in her glass, before she rotated slightly to level with the companion she'd kept through all the trials.

"Thanks, Dak." She offered at his olive branch, setting her drink down and hunching to adjust her weight to fully rotate and give him the time of day. The concept of a droid reaching out to try and create a sense of community was strange to her, and she cocked her head in his direction.

The note about credits and sleep was peculiar, but accurate. Was she that easy tor read? Good. Maybe someone would cash in, then. To have a manufactured android talk about motivations beyond an oil change was peculiar to her, and took a second to calculate how to respond. Did that mean he had a higher sense of purpose? She supposed he was a guardian of sorts, so he had some level of commitment to something beyond money. What would a droid do with a vault full of credits anyway? A thousand oil changes? She had no idea. But still, if he was extending some sort of compliment to her aptitude, she best return it so he wasn't offended.

Could he get offended?

"You made the right decisions out there. For everyone." Another hot swig of her drink was consumed, and the back of her throat burned.

"This is weird, Dak."
She stated, when he asked if she could describe the sensation she just experienced after the brash downing of the liquor. "I guess I never expected you to be remotely philosophical. Taste, sense of purpose," the Mirialan rolled her wrist in a vague gesture to symbolize something ongoing "--what are you going to do with information on how something affects taste buds that you don't have?"

Frank was quiet through most of the discourse - save for answering Nimdok's question outright about timing and visits and stuff. Sounded like the Jedi would be collected up again and thrown right back into hell. Loske was going to be estatic.

Right. Well, we best start letting the lucky sods know then so they can prepare for what's ahead.

"I'm..I'll stand. Thanks, Leon." There was a fear that if she sat, she might not get up again. Exhaustion ragged on her bones and she'd probably pass out of she let herself collapse into some comfortable position.

Something about his sentiment of whatever comes next made her skin crawl. Vertebrae by vertebrae, a chill ran down her spine at the foreshadowing. She announced her thoughts in a low whisper that felt sinister as it brushed through her teeth "There's always gonna be something next."

Auteme looked like she'd been practicing some healing machinations on Saber's commander, and she gave a quick glance in their direction. Maybe best if they could all focus on something other than the devasatation they'd all just seen first hand. Curiosity usually did such a service, and if Auteme could be placed in a position to teach or enlighten the group, she might feel a bit better and could ruminate on the Ryv news a little later, when she had some privacy.

"What'd you do? That seems like a..useful trick."

if they're watching anyways
340_cb20150423231845_3.png

"Don't do that," she replied. "Don't blame yourself. It's not fair. None of this was your fault." She didn't know if Maynard could have done anything to save Ryv, or otherwise prevent what had happened on Brentaal, but feeling responsible for everything that happened wasn't right. Maynard probably helped a lot of other people anyways, and if Ryv was known for anything it'd be selflessness.

The padawan took a deep breath. The air filled her lungs, and the oxygen entered her blood, which climbed up through her shoulders, arms, fingers... the energy reached Maynard soon enough. Auteme's hands glowed a soft green as she began to heal him. The effect might not be immediate, but hopefully any headache or dizziness he had would subside soon. The scrapes and bruises on his face began to heal as well. "Do you feel better?" She asked, removing her hands from his head after a minute or so.

Auteme reached into her bag and produced an olive green notebook and a pencil. It had a really nice feel to it, but it wasn't the same style as her other notebooks, so she used it during the day for more momentary things rather than her actual research notes. "Okay... I'm not a doctor, but I should ask you a few questions about your medical history." She opened the notebook and prepared to write. "Is this your first concussion? If not, have you received any treatments to mitigate the effects of further head trauma?" Auteme had healed what she could, but the natural healing process of a second or more concussion was less than perfect without additional treatment. He'd need to go through some bacta therapy anyways, but she needed to know how bad it could be right now.

"It's not a trick," she said in response to Loske's inquiry. "It's Force healing. I basically... speed up the recovery process, with the Force. I'm not an expert, so I haven't learned how to combined it with telekinesis to easily set everything in place so the healing process goes off smoothly, but I can do simply stuff like this." Concussions weren't particularly exhausting to heal considering that they were very much localized to the head. Repairing the cells in the brain did take time, though.

She turned back to Maynard. "Is there anything else that hurts? Bruises and cuts are easy enough." Assuming they weren't very very large.

Gala Geert Gala Geert
Br8YpBr.png
"You are welcome," he answers. When she finally turns to face him, various targeting reticles trace her features, attempting to isolate minute movements of her facial muscles to help the droid determine her emotions or possible unspoken thoughts.

"
I know," he affirms, watching her take another drink "it was the right choice to maximize the survival rates that I had direct influence over. But it was not the decision I was supposed to make. Odd, isn't it?"

Dak considers Gala's question carefully. Beyond the instinct to ask the question, he had no real answer for her. She was right; the information offered the droid no value what-so-ever, and yet he still found himself inexplicably curious in the moment.

"
Nothing, I suppose," he replies honestly, "it is not important."

"It tastes bad." She offered. "It's cheap, and it burns. Probably like if you held hair on fire in front of your..uh..sensors." The name for a droid's nose escaped her, and she felt a pang of guilt for not knowing the mechanical man beside her quite as well as she should through this whole thing. She meant an olfactory sensor of course.

So, while she was drinking the equivalent of gasoline, she extended an olive branch to remedy that fact. Especially since if someone artificial could see sense in it, she should too.

"Of all the colours your can see, do you have a favourite?"

Dak Dak

Gala Geert Gala Geert
Br8YpBr.png
Bad? The answer brought more questions than it did satisfaction. If she didn't enjoy it, why would she spend hard-earned credits on it? The smell of burning hair was not exactly pleasant. The droid had no particular opinion on it himself, but he had seen the reactions of those around him when presented with it. Liquid burnt hair -- peculiar.

He cocks his head when presented with Gala's question. Similar to scent, he had never really taken the time to form an opinion on colour. He did like green, but that was hardly a fitting answer. Mirialan and most organics were capable of perceiving that. Though, there be irony to laugh about otherwise.

"
I would imagine that even the most basic of ultraviolet colours could be profound if witnessed for the first time," he pauses, not yet able to determine an final answer. Very few things had a profound effect on an automaton, so compiling memorable moments associated with colour was not a quick task.

"
If I had to pick one, I suppose I would choose a colour I had been shown a few years back. The natives called it Wal'eed," he nods at the decision, extracting the rest of the memory from his banks "I happened across it in my travels across the Outer Rim. I would loosely describe it as whiter than white. It was impossibly bright, and yet entirely imperceptible to most. The villagers would go blind inexplicably, having unknowingly observed the invisible colour. Others had even fallen to madness in its presence, or so I was told. They worshiped it like a God."

His receptors shift in their sockets in a moment of pause. It was a memory he hadn't recalled in quite some time. He never had a reason to. "
I am thankful to have seen it," he adds, his vocabulator's volume a bit lower than it had been before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom