Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech PSG-Mk.III 'Alsvin' Operator Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.
k8qAMhA.png
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Heavy Multipurpose
  • Weight: Extreme 50kg
  • Resistances:
    • Energy: Very High
    • Kinetic: Very High
    • Lightsabers: Very High
    • Disruptors: Very High
    • EMP/ION: High
    • Electrical: High
    • Chemical: Very High
    • Sonic: High
    • Radiation: High
    • Force: None
    • Weaponized Fire: Average
    • Weaponized Cold: Very Low
    • Gravity Weapons: Very Low
SPECIAL FEATURES
STRENGTHS
  • One Master: The Alsvin is locked to Domino’s use only, even if someone else were to unlock it, the armor is molded to her physicality & the learning curve of so much advanced ‘ware to anyone not used to it is formidable.
  • Angled Armor: The helmet, gorget, & much of the chest piece are angled to deflect projectiles away from the joins & rob them of much of their impact & penetration.
  • Passive Stealth: The polymer coating, thermal distorter, & auditory dampener prevent the Alsvin from being picked up on most scans while negating thermal readings & masking the sound of movement.
WEAKNESSES
  • Front Towards Enemy: The Jetpack has less armor than the rest of the suit & is more vulnerable to damage.
  • Mounting Damage: As the Alsvin takes hits, the delicate surface modules of the Dreamsight are chipped away leaving gaps in those sensors.
  • Passive Stealth: Using the jetpack, maneuvering thrusters, active sensors, or most energy-based weapons will negate stealth benefits, & direct scans will register an armor sized blob of something absorbing sensors against the background.
  • I Am The Juggernaut: Extremely heavy, rickety bridges & swimming are right out and the inertia must be managed during maneuvers.
DESCRIPTION
Recognizing that her old armor was getting on in age after decades of use, that she was working repairs on repairs and patching new systems into old, Domino decided that it was time to set aside the veritable relic she had been going to war in and work on something new. Loving the design principles of the Song so much, streamlining those was her first step. Mobility and the ability to absorb a truly staggering beating being the hallmarks she cared the most about.

As the end result, the Prolonged Siege Gear Alsvin is less an armor that is strapped on and more a suit that envelops Domino as she slides it on. Contoured thermal gel padding that self-forms to the body is the first layer and contains the thermal and pressure regulators that keep the wearer comfortable during long periods of use and in a wide array of environments. Over this lies the multitude of carbon nanotube muscle fibers that enhance the user’s strength and support the armor’s structure. Protecting this is a layer of laminanium chain-weave that absorbs and disperses impacts while protecting the areas between the treated phrik plating above. Intermixed throughout are the electronics and systems that transform the Alsvin from just armor to a complete weapons system.

For offence Domino carried over the miniature flamethrower on the back of the right gauntlet and the heatbeam (which could be blocked but not reflected by lightsabers) on the left for short and medium ranged attacks. The weapons on their underside were replaced with ultrasonic lashes that offer both an attack and utility while close-range vibro blades were added to the knuckle plates to strengthen punches in unexpected mele. If surrounded, she can fall back on clusters of whistling birds, one behind each knee guard and another hidden in the left shoulder. All were chosen for their ability to be repurposed and used creatively in addition to their offensive capabilities. To support Domino’s carried armament, the Alsvin is seemingly coated with thin magno clasps, wrapping around the thighs, the outsides of the shins, wrapping the upper arms, the outsides of the forearm where the vambraces don’t already mount a weapon, along the chest and stomach, around the sides, and up the back, even under the jetpack. Here she can clamp additional arms or ammunition, power packs, or grenades to carry into battle should she not want to strap them on with web harnesses.

To assist with agility, mid-air acrobatics, and stability in zero-g, microthrusters were added to the shoulders, hips, thighs, and the bottom of each magnetic boot. A miniature grav-chute and gel packet launchers are carried in case of malfunction, saving Domino from falling to her death or impacting at harmful velocities. Powering the armor’s systems is a sleg-impregnated micropower plant capable of sustaining the systems during normal usage while recharging the diatium power cells that provide additional draw during peak usage. Small solar panels on the rear of the helmet and the top/back of the jetpack, as well as the solarium visor (when exposed) add their own charges in an emergency. Fully charged, the powercells should last a day, less if the jetpack or energy based weapons are extensively used.

Last edited:
Domino Domino - I just wanted to start this off by apologizing on behalf of the Factory Team for taking some time to process this submission, and to thank you for your patience.

On my first run through this submission, there are some clerical issues that need to be addressed regarding permissions. While I can see that your character is affiliated with the Agents of Chaos, I believe it would be to your benefit to have that represented on the submission itself, especially since several of your hyperlinked items have a closed-market affiliation to that faction. While the primary affiliation can still remain to your linked character, I would suggest adding the Agents of Chaos to that same line to resolve this discrepancy. For ease of editing purposes, I have provided a link to the faction forum for you.

You're also missing hyperlinks to a few items within the material section. Most notably, Phrik and Laminanium. Like above, I have also provided those links for you to expedite the editing process.

From there, I believe that this submission is over the balanced rating by a factor of two. I'll explain how I got my numbers just below, just so we're both on the same page and to show my thought process. But, this can easily be remedied by choosing one of your Very High ratings and dropping them down to Average. For example, the Disruptors or Chemical. This would allow for you to retain a similar rating scheme with marginal decreases in overall performance.
  • Unique [ -4,] Extreme Weight [ -3,] Very High Resistances [ +2 x 5,] High Resistances [ +1 x 4,] Average Resistance 0, Very Low Resistance [ -2,] and None [ -3.]
  • - 12 / 0 / +14
CNT Muscle Fiber – Enhanced Wearer Strength 6:1

This portion of your Special Features section will need to be linked, as I assume you're using the CNT Muscle Fibre system made by, and affiliated with Breshig War Forge Consolidated. If so, that will require a hyperlink in the Special Features, as well as the Permission fields, respectively. Proof of purchase, either through the Marketplace or a Direct Message will suffice - and I've provided a link to the submission for convenience.

As is the danger of using multiple submissions within a single entry, there are some weaknesses that I would suggest be taken into account with this design. While you've covered one submission directly, via the Mounting Damage weakness, I believe it would be fitting to mention the drawback of the Sleg enhancement(s) on your Micropower Plant. As the weight would ideally be factored into the corresponding rating you've already chosen, I think that carrying a supercharged and explosive bomb on your back - if struck by a plasmatic weapon - would count as an additional weakness that ideally should be mentioned.

In addition, how would this suit of armour fare with Electronic Warfare? I see that there are some items that would ideally counter small arms EMP and Ionic damage, but would the powered armour be capable of keeping the systems running if struck by more powerful variants? I'm asking because if your character finds themself in that scenario - would they be unaffected, or would their armour become a massive, unmoveable brick? That also might be worthwhile to add to your submission via the weaknesses section.

Naturally, as those are just suggestions - you're welcome to ignore them. Aside from the unlinked materials, and requisite permissions - this submission is almost ready for a secondary review. If you disagree with my finds, please feel free to leave a reply below or a request another judge via the Second Chance request thread.

Thanks for your time, and please tag me when you make a reply.

I've added the material links, I will not be linking the BWFC as it's not affiliated with them, it's a near direct carry-over from my source armor and stands for 'Carbon Nano Tube.' I'm also just using the sleg for fluff and am willing to remove it if deemed a significant weakness.

I would like to keep the affiliation solely with Domino and can get use permissions from the tech creator if that would help. I'm thinking about what may happen if I leave the faction or it collapses. This is a personal armor and although Domino is affiliated, it shouldn't be.

Please give me time to consider on the weaknesses. Some of the current ratings are carried over from support systems like the 'S-30 AD' and shields and I've been told that those ratings have to match with the armor's overall ratings as if they were active at all times. If you have suggestions I'd appreciate them. Maybe adding a very-low resistance to gravity based weapons? We're seeing more of them on the site these days.
LT-137 LT-137

Last edited:
Domino Domino

I will not be linking the BWFC as it's not affiliated with them, it's a near direct carry-over from my source armor and stands for 'Carbon Nano Tube.

I would recommend replacing the abbreviation then, so others won't be confused and wonder why it wasn't linked. As they share the same name, it's one of those things we've gotta make sure is either linked properly or posted in the primary sources - so the submission becomes a one-stop-shop for any and all available information regarding its capabilities. Something both us factory judges, and either yourself or your opposition can reference in collaborative combat threads.

I would like to keep the affiliation solely with Domino and can get use permissions from the tech creator if that would help. I'm thinking about what may happen if I leave the faction or it collapses. This is a personal armor and although Domino is affiliated, it shouldn't be.

I understood the intent, but when using technology that someone else makes - permission needs to be given, or it has to be affiliated in some fashion. If you acquire the permission, and proof thereof - that'd be acceptable.

Please give me time to consider on the weaknesses. ... If you have suggestions I'd appreciate them. Maybe adding a very-low resistance to gravity based weapons?

I've pushed off making a response to this thread to see if you've considered some new weaknesses over the course of the weekend, but as no edits were made I'm going to assume that you're still taking some more time to think it over. As you've asked for some assistance, I can help by drumming up a few examples that you could choose, or draw inspiration from.
  • The Sleg enhancements. While fluffy, as you've mentioned, it is still a viable weakness.
  • Electronic Warfare. How does your power suit handle EMP and Ionic overload? Would it be disabled from a low-powered burst, or would it take something more powerful? How far away, roughly, would this device have to be to disable the suit's systems? As the Suit's extremely heavy, would this cause your character to become immobile - even with the exoskeleton bearing the brunt of the weight?
  • Thermal Gel. As there's not much information on how thermal gel operates, it's likely that it's a "one-use" only kinda deal, since it was intended on safeguarding items as they made planetfall. The weakness here is that the more kinetic rounds the armour takes, the more it begins to restrict movement as the thermal gel hardens.
  • Reaction time. The heavier the armour, the more gravitic force it's gotta fight in order to match certain reaction times. Could be that it's marginally slower, causing your character to read the momentum of a fight or think ahead whilst engaged in combat.
These are just some examples I can think of off the top of my head and should hopefully provide a sufficient platform for inspiration to take over. With the two-point reduction in ratings and the representational weakness from the sleg submission - we'll be on the right track to getting this submission approved.

• Chemical Armour TreatmentImmunity to Chemical Based Weaponry

This will also have to be changed to extreme or very high resistance, or even near-immunity. Just as the lethality of weapons has to be semi-vague, the same goes for armour as well.

LT-137 LT-137
Changed CNT to Carbon Nanotube, removed the Chemical Armor Treatment (another carryover) as it's now a resistance rating and space stuff means chemical weapons wont be breathed in or come within skin contact.

Added author permissions for using AoC tech to cover possible affiliation issues.

Added a 'Very Low' resistance to bring the ratings into balance.

I said weaknesses in my prior post but meant resistances, weaknesses remain unchanged. In the last paragraph, the power plant is described as sleg impregnated, stopping it from being the pure and refined sleg that is the dangerous explosive kind.

I believe this addresses all the concerns you've listed as direct obstacles to approval. I understand your interest in the emp/ion/ewar effects on the armor, however those are so situational depending on what is brought to bear and how individual systems would be affected, that going into it may well double the length of the submission. While I will write it as completely disabled if enough is brought to overwhelm the high resistance listed, I also doubt it'd freeze up into a completely unmovable brick unless the joints were previously locked in place and unlock-able. It'd probably revert to a super heavy but unpowered armor, but then can I reboot and restart out of the problem? More speculation verges on the realm of theoretical situations I don't like entering until I encounter them and know the situation as it raises more questions and I'll try adding more to counter them and design the flaws out.

Domino Domino
removed the Chemical Armor Treatment (another carryover) as it's now a resistance rating and space stuff means chemical weapons wont be breathed in or come within skin contact.

I think there was a misunderstanding here. Having the Chemical Armour Treatment written out in the Special Features section is just fine. However, I highlighted the wording that needed to be changed or softened, as the Factory doesn't really like to deal with absolutes. Removing it entirely and keeping it sequestered in the Resistance field(s) is fine too, but I just wanted to clarify what I was asking.

Thank you for editing in the permissions, and adding an additional line in the resistance field to bring the ratings into balance.

In the last paragraph, the power plant is described as sleg impregnated, stopping it from being the pure and refined sleg that is the dangerous explosive kind.

Sadly those capabilities you claim Sleg has aren't mentioned on the source submission, as even when refined - the ore still has "bad results." However, as that was a suggestion, you are entirely welcome to forge ahead without making any edits in that regard.

Nevertheless, that covers pretty much everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom