Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Magno Clasp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Intent: To create a modular piece of equipment for use on utility belts and some of the armors
Development Thread: If Needed
Manufacturer: Chai La Armory
Model: Clasps
Affiliation: Open Market
Modularity: Modular magno clips for for armor
Production: Mass-Produced. (Anyone.)

Material:
  • Hybrid Plexisteel
  • Internal Components
Description: Designed for armor and utility belts based off of old designs, the magno clasps are designed to eliminate the need for holsters or packs. It attaches to the armor with a clasp in parts on the back, gloves, thighs or boots and then can create a super powered magnet able to hold equipment. With some of the work and pieces it can allow equipment like the old model ballistic shield to be pulled back to ones hand or stored on the back to provide some level of protection. The magnets intensity can be adjusted allowing it to pull from several feet away to your hand to retrieve or to just keep the grip on a weapon. With the benefits of something not being able to remove it but also the downside of it using the suits power at an increased rate. Out of situations it can be used for storage to hold armor on walls for display or scale metal surfaces. As gear it offers little to no protect and is designed for the armor as needed. The magnetic clasps themselves however also do not work on non metal armors, bone, leather or chitin don't have the powercells built in to power and use them.
Primary Source:

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

This sub has me rather confused.

This submission as a whole had some inconsistencies and left me with more questions than I wanted to have. Here are what I find inconsistent with the submission.
  • The power needed to use a magnet powerful enough to hold a weapon on the person's body, or in their hand is rather small compared to the energy needed to grab a shield from feet away. I do see that you mentioned it can be adjusted to suit your usage, but where is this power being drawn from? Normal Magnets do not change their attractivity of metallic items on their own.
  • "Several" is a very vague term and can be used in different situations for different means. Several could mean three, or 14 feet away.
  • Wouldn't a magnet this powerful attract other unwanted items that you do not want to grab onto? Lets say a trashcan is magnetic and is sitting right next to your shield, Both of them are going to be flying towards your hand. Not just the shield.
  • Or with the previous bullet, The complete opposite. A shield is right next to a magnetic wall that is not going to move. Would you be attracted towards the wall from several feet away?
  • Over all. this is to be used as Weapon magnetic strips, Can pull items towards your hand from a vague distance away towards your hand, and can be used to mount armor, or a person to a wall, and could possibly scale the wall? Magnetic weapon strips, That's fine with me. Its been done before. Pull items towards your hands using magnets. Been attempted and done before. Special gloves that let you climb buildings without the other proper equipment required, while still being able to use the same energy source to hold your weapons on said person?
[member="Levy Willamina"]

[member="Zephyr Carrick"]

Power would come from the armor setting it is built into. Same way magnaboots and glove grips function in canon. As for distance a canon magnetic attractor serves the same function, has the variable power settings and it able to easily find the metal you are looking for among other metal. A focused area of high powered magnets to grab something already exists. Magnetic clamps to put non magnetic surfaces to magnetic surfaces exist in universe simple enoigh to shift them where you need them to work on armor when constructing it so it uses the suits power systems that you can fix wherever your powercells are located.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Magnetic_attractor
Magnetic technology

[member="Levy Willamina"],

Thank you with the provided information. So, just to clear some things up.

Levy Willamina said:
Power would come from the armor setting it is built into. Same way magnaboots and glove grips function in canon.
List in the description that this then wouldn't function with some armors that do not carry a powersource IE: Armor made entirely out of bone with no other technology involved.

And please list the information you have given me into your sub.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom