Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Promotion

J3C0

J
I am promoting [member="Albrecht Tagge"] to knight. He's been in every invasion since Coruscant, more than deserves it. I was going to wait until after Empress Teta but since its dragging on...

Darth Armyss

Nobleman, Sith, and Womanizer
Darth Shara said:
I am promoting [member="Albrecht Tagge"] to knight. He's been in every invasion since Coruscant, more than deserves it. I was going to wait until after Empress Teta but since its dragging on...
Thank you. If you wonder where I've been for the last few days, I've been resting, as I've been a bit ill. I'll probably be able to come back today but I won't be posting as much for now.

[member="Darth Veles"] [member="Toxarien"] [member="Gerion Blackhand"] [member="Darth Helios"] [member="Darth Malificete"] [member="Cractius Stretus"] [member="Darth Nephthys"] [member="Darth Praelior"] [member="sabrina"]

Thank you all for your congratulations.

Albrecht Tagge said:
Thank you. If you wonder where I've been for the last few days, I've been resting, as I've been a bit ill. I'll probably be able to come back today but I won't be posting as much for now.

[member="Darth Veles"] [member="Toxarien"] [member="Gerion Blackhand"] [member="Darth Helios"] [member="Darth Malificete"] [member="Cractius Stretus"] [member="Darth Nephthys"] [member="Darth Praelior"] [member="sabrina"]

Thank you all for your congratulations.

Don't forget to link this thread and request for your Knight tag in the Tag request thread ! :)

Darth Armyss

[member="Darth Isolda"]

I certainly will. As for my title...I was thinking "Armyss" (derived from a Latin word meaning "swordsman"). [member="Darth Shara"] mentioned that he liked the name in a PM. What about the rest of you?

[member="Darth Vornskr"]

Thanks!

Akanias

A
[member="Albrecht Tagge"]

As long as the name is something that your character is, then it's a good name! But from a chatsite that I was on, every Sith used latin names so they're not that impressive to me anymore. :p

I like how it's spelled though.

Darth Armyss

[member="Astraios Blackhand"]

I also chose it for more than the significance regarding Albrecht's proficiency with a lightsaber, but the word itself contains references to warfare. The vast majority of his 'training' wasn't in an academy, but on the battlefield, where any mistake can be fatal. One could go so far as to say that his true master was war itself.

The other bit of significance is the word "abyss", which in this case is a reference to Friedrich Nietzsche's Beyond Good and Evil, specifically the phrase "...If you gaze for too long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you". This is a reference to how he joined the One Sith in the first place. It started as a vile fascination with the conflict between the Jedi and Sith, then became a passion, then an obsession, until finally, the only way he could know more was to join one side or the other. As he was disdainful towards the Jedi for being so passive, he sided with the Dark Side.

[member="Daella Apparine"]

I've come a long way since being a downed TIE pilot that quite literally got his ass kicked on Coruscant, haven't I? :D

Sawa Ike

The Dark Matriarch Darth Shōjō
Well seeing how Balaya's sith name means warfare and boobs I can't say anything else would be surprising. (this is balaya just posting on alt) I like the name and your good at the combat you'll make an impressive duelist by the time your a master so long as Imperial knights don't get to have uber special mando guns with several anti jedi/sith setting.

Darth Armyss

Just an update on all of this, I'll set up the thread for my promotion after the whole affair with [member="Doctor Agnusdei"]'s bombs is dealt with, which should be within the next couple of days.

Of course, with [member="Darth Shara"] being away because of net issues, somebody else will have to perform the ceremony in his stead, unless he gets back before then.

EDIT: Gonna make this a "field" promotion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom