Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Progress!!

Rexus Drath

Rexus smiled and chuckled at the woman's antics. She was a funny one Rex would give her that much. "Could of been worse, could of got your head sliced off. You did great except for one thing." Reaching down Rexus grabbed the man's lightsaber from his waste pocketing it. "Always do a quick pat down while he's out. Let's find some ID." pulling out a wallet he grabbed it and read aloud who he was. "A Trace Rolland, Jedi padawan." Chuckling he didn't seem to care about the man or where he came from. He would probably never see him again after this however he did have some respect for people.

Grabbing the passed out man Rex flung him over his back to carry him, it was degrading watching him be carried like a stuck pig. "They are people Ahani, always remember they are people too." It was the least Rex could do for the man and teach @[member="Ahani Najwa-Keth"] a lesson in respect as well. Making their way to the ship he looked over and smiled at the woman. " You did great today, the first round is on you and I will get the vinager crisps" he tried to change the subject on her, it was best not to think of past loved ones long dead

"Drink, head slice. . . which one can't I live without?" She smirked, a faint stutter still taking her speech. She curled her lips one atop the other as she watched @[member="Rexus Drath"] search for the man's wallet. "I . . . I never would have thought of that." She said, stunned. Most of her hunts ended up with little impetus and much time to discover who the poor thing had been. Making a mental note to check for ID, Ahani took the wallet and looked it over. "Jedi." She sneered. Maybe she should drag him on the ground a little longer. . . No, that was Old Ahani. Sith Ahani. Sith Ahani was sleeping . . . shhhhh.

"Heavy people." Ahani mumbled, eyes as skittish as her body and stuttering lips. "First round? Got it. . . ooooo spoiler! Spoiling me with crisps! I like this game!" Trotting back to the speeder, she made sure all pre-flights were checked and that the vehicle was safe for Trace Rolland, Jedi. Why was Trace on Atrisia? Why was he hiding and what made him become a problem? The thoughts began to roil in her tempered brain, the collection of shattered nerves and belaying bits of past bubbling up with her darker urges. Ahani rubbed at her temple, pretending some elusive itch rested there by her hairline.

"The frell he doing on a planet that's clear on force user control? He's just a pup. There a procedure for 'I caught him he's breathing' we need for central command?"

Rexus Drath

"Well the rules on force users aren't really posted on a billboard for all to see Ahani." the man chuckled setting the passed out man into a seat strapping him down. "Most Rouge Jedi just bounce from place to place trying to do their whole" Rex cleared his throat then spoke in a mock snarky tone "I don't know who I am, I'm too good for you and now I have to wander the galaxy on my filthy space hippy walk" The man said in the funny tone of voice chuckling afterwards "He's probably just a wanderer, and it's not like we exist so they don't know we are coming for them." The man walked up to the co pilot seat and sat down.

"You take us home, we drop him off no questions asked and we go get a drink. Ignorance of what's going to happen to him bliss" Truly Rex knew what would happen to the man, he hated it with every once of his moral fiber but he did it. He did what he had to do for the empire no matter the cost. "Then I can spoil my new student how's that?" he said chuckling to the woman trying to get off the subject. He didn't want to expose her to just what kind of world the inquisition was

"Oh. Why not? Would make things easier." She shrugged and started firing the engines, feeling the yoke and delighting in the ability to take control and fly again. @[member="Rexus Drath"]'s funny man voice made her burst out laughing, she zoomed off toward base and took naturally to piloting, after all she'd had 30 years experience in various craft. "Bit of an ego to them, eh? Never liked Jedi, always too haughty. 'I gave up emotion so I could have 'peace' but now I'm frustrated with everything'. They probably don't even like hugs!" She harumphed and wove through the landscape, nodding. "Used to not existing. . . if he didn't know we existed, why'd he run? I might be batty in the brain, but unless he was super telepathic, oh whatever. I'm no angel."

The Citadel was a dot on the distance, and Ahani liked the fact that this Rolland fellow wasn't going to be in their care long. Keeping them alive for some dastardly purpose wasn't a foreign phenomenon for Ahani, not after what her husband had done. "Yes! Spoil your new student! She likes the idea of that! Let's do that!" As she swooped into the Citadel's hangar, Ahani hopped out and dusted off her hands.

"Where's the mail get left?"

Rexus Drath

Rex completely agreed with @[member="Ahani Najwa-Keth"] and chuckled at her comments. "You see these jedi in this day and age are much different then the ones I knew. These are brash rude and stupid Jedi who date and love even though they are not supposed to." the man sighed and thought of the word love, thinking back to Jenha and how much be missed her again "I loved someone once, almost got me killed but it was worth it." the man sighed once more and rubbed his dreads. Upon flying into the hanger he gave the woman a smile and stepped outside with her

"Oh nearly forgot." Laughing Rexus walked back into the ship and grabbed the Jedi throwing him over his shoulder. "So after we drop him off do you want to go straight to the spoiling or do you need a few minutes to wash the dirt off you." He chuckled lifting the man over to the confinement area placing his unconscious body into a small cell. "Cause lets be honest you did most of the work" he said walking back to her after the deed had been done.

"I grew up after the Jedi Purge. They were just reforming, when my son joined them up. Brand new. He married. Married well, too. Found out after their honeymoon she was actually the Kae of the Echani. Our Queen." Ahani shook her head, a mystified little smile as if to say 'my boy, my rascal did that'. As she parked and hopped out, Ahani pulled her hair back in a tight bun on top of her head. "Love of my life locked me in prison and tortured me for six years. Killed my husband, too. Wasn't until after Urdu was gone he came to off me and figured out I was far more interesting alive. Picked me up, started training me. Odd that we fell for each other, my son thought I was karking insane. But I was darn good for Raien. . . till the last."

She peered down at a simple wedding band which she pulled from her pocket and set on her finger. Staring straight at it for a minute or two, she sighed and put it back in her pocket. "Yeah, give me a solid five and I'll be ready. Then that round's on me."

Running for the Citadel's female showers, Ahani washed up and yanked on the only other pair of clothes she had: a pair of silver-grey cargos with a slight iridescent sheen, a deep crimson long sleeve shirt with two Echani House crests intertwined: Najwa & Keth, and her thick standard issue grey lace up boots. She tucked her trousers in to the boots and laced up, throwing a grey jacket of matching material on top. Hair pulled up in a high bun, she trotted out to @[member="Rexus Drath"].

"What sort of drink's the best out here? How far are we walking?"

Rexus Drath

Having not done much at all besides fly a speeder for a few miles and carry a guy to a ship Rexus simply went to the washroom and wiped his face off of the dust, remaining in his simple black shirt and pants. He missed his armor and the days of the old empire, even though he still had the armor he could never wear it besides in his room alone. Not that he put it on for the hell of it to relive the good old days with his buddy Yamato and friends. Really he needed to move on from it and training this youngeeerrr older? Woman lady thing? was going to help him out to say the least.

Waiting by the ship when the woman approached him he have a friendly smile and chuckled, "Well I'm not much of a fan of carbonated drinks. To be honest I prefer the girly drinks with the umbrella in them." Rex chuckled and began to walk towards the speeder parking garage. "Let's go, we can talk more about work and stuff later" Rexus had to get out of the building he hated seeing what would come next for the poor man.

The way @[member="Rexus Drath"] avoided questions and moments of Rolland's fate made Ahani think deeply of the darker parts of her psyche. What would the Empire do to the man to make him see their point of view? It certainly didn't have to do with sweetcakes and copious relays of the native Health Plan. Ahani shook her head and smacked her temple, to restart her mind away oh so far away from past tortures and former loves.

Hoofing it toward the speeders, Ahani grinned. Which one were they going to take? Which one was the best? The fastest? The best for corners? The most fun? "Ooooo pretties." She patted the side of a speeder and glanced at Rexus. "Umbrellas in drinks? How big is the drink if it fits an umbrella? I'm a whisky drinker. Although the husband got me on brandy and Firewine. Don't suppose they'd know what that is, though. . . which speeder's available for us?"

Rexus Drath

Oh my Glob it was taking a child to a candy store. Rexus facepalmed then chuckled into his hand as the woman kept going on and on about which speeder they should take, when really it didn't matter at all. Because they would be taking Rex's speeder, not any of the other imperial personnel's but his. "Just follow me." Rex chuckled and walked past the row of speeders until he reached his own, a sleek newer model with a shiny black finish.

Getting into the speeder Rexus smiled and looked back at her. Truly she was new to this part of the galaxy and Rexus had been in this time for some while so he had been able to adjust to a degree. "They are little mini umbrellas that go in tropical drinks. I grew up on manaan on a small island so when I went to college that's mostly what I drank." The man chuckled thinking back to his days in school. They were fun and didn't involve training a woman who was a bit too old to be ogling speeders @[member="Ahani Najwa-Keth"]

She hopped into the speeder after @[member="Rexus Drath"], clapping her hands together and checking out every bit and bob in her hopes to learn the dratted new technologies. "Manaan, don't think I've been there. We made due mostly with the swill spacers brewed in their engine rooms, before Raien developed my tastes. . . Can you keep the umbrella? Do you have to give it back? What was Manaan like? How small is a small island in Manaan standards? Am I asking too many questions? I can do that. I can also shut up."

She sat in silence for a few minutes, her muscles constantly fidgeting and stuttering briefly as she watched the area outside the transparisteel. Over childhood and young adulthood Ahani may have been, but she felt cooped up, locked away and only now experiencing the right kind of world. "Tropical drink. . . I shall try a tropical drink. . . Rexus, how did you end up here?"

Rexus Drath

And now came the questions, very well then. Rexus sighed chuckling afterwards. The speeder roared to life and Rexus looked over the woman and simply smiled sweetly "Yes you can keep the umbrella, no you do not have to give it back. Manaan is nice the planet's surface consists of around 98% ocean and the island was about the size of a small mansion." taking a gasp of air Rexus backed up the speeder and left the garage onto the open road

"Is there anything else? Now I have a question for you, how did you get put into stasis?" Rex smiled and continued to drive the speeder down the road carefully minding his surroundings, it was certainly a wonderful drive at least. Wind flowing through his dreads. It had been a long time since anyone had been in a seat next to him besides bar floozies and one night stands it felt good having a new, friend type person woman child.

"I shall keep it! I shall keep the tiny umbrella." Maybe someday a tiny umbrella would be useful! One never knew, it would be her first possession since awakening to this timeline. Well, first one she got herself and wasn't given. "Sounds lovely, a nice sized island and a life by the ocean. I saw an ocean once, Raien took me we got a cabin by the shore. Wished I could stay there forever. 'Course people were trying to kill us so we only got to stay a few weeks. Gorgeous. You must have been very privileged to live in such a place."

The landscape going by gave Ahani another few moments where her mind played no tricks nor wanted no memories to overtake her. She sat back in the seat and listened to the whizzing atmosphere until @[member="Rexus Drath"] asked her the undying question. "You first."

She chuckled and hissed in a quick inhale of air. "My fault, I couldn't watch them die." A thin cover of the jitters took her hands, she buried her fingers in the fabric of her trousers. "My oldest Manu, he was Jedi. Raien was Sith and we fell in love, and decided if we didn't make Manu and his wife strong, if we didn't make the Echani strong. . .

Raien became the Betrayer. He was a powerful Lord of the Sith and I followed him gladly. Manu never could rectify the fact that this was the man who'd killed his father, the one who imprisoned me. Kept fighting, but I was happy. When I was with Raien, he was a brilliant man, caring, doting, adventurous. Well, he made an enemy of every Echani in the Galaxy, and Manu and Raien duelled themselves nearly to death many times, Raien and I had a son, and several months later I woke up with a start.

Raien was gone. I knew he'd gone to fight Manu. They'd gone to take each other down. Never flown so fast in my life, I gave our baby to the last friend I had left, a girl Manu adopted from Chandaar and by the time I got to Manu and Raien, they were both nearly dead.

I don't know how I did it, but watching them kill each other. . . Not my boy, and not my husband. I screamed and cast the Force around us and we were encased in crystal. I felt someone chipping away at our encasement and I woke up. Manu's body was gone, Raien never woke up. I'm still fuzzy on how long I've been in there."

Rexus Drath

Rexus gave the woman a pat on the back to try and comfort her, she had been through a lot and Rex couldn't imagine losing a loved one like that he had never seen Jen after he left. He imagined she moved on to other men and died a peaceful death. Though he had always wondered what had happened to her. "I'm sorry for your loss, but the way I see things. This is the chance for a new start, when I woke up this place was the first thing I saw." In truth Rexus' ship had crashed into the surface of the planet and he didn't like going over what had happened.

We would explain it to @[member="Ahani Najwa-Keth"] when they were inside. Pulling the speeder up to a small quaint little cavern on the outskirts of the capital Rexus hoped out and walked around the speeder opening the door for his new student at heart Rexus was a gentleman even for women he had no real attraction to. He just enjoyed doing the right thing. "We are here, and I do need to give you the rundown on a few things as well"

She took the pat and glanced over at @[member="Rexus Drath"] sniffing out a timid sort of laugh. "It was all go, all being yanked this and that by everyone I thought needed me. Still want to save my husband if I can, but there's no use to that unless I can heal him and that will be a feat of Masters and chill bones." Stretching high, she hopped out with a tilt of her head and a thank you and walked toward the cavern.

"Life's for me, now! No mouths to feed but my own, no wounds to suture, and enemies're all dead. Great time to be alive! Can't do more than put one foot in front of the other, eh? Left, right, left, right and all that. C'mon, Rex-of-the-mutual-past. Let's celebrate freedom, eh?" Ironic, she thought, after what they'd just done that they celebrate in the name of a state of being poor Rolland would never have again.

Rexus Drath

"Well I didn't even know I was out for eight hundred years. I took a rather long nap." Rexus chuckled being vague he walked into the small tavern and looked around for an empty table. The place was fairly calm decorated with Atrisian culture, small tables where you could be formal such the other half an actual bar. Being the near seven foot lanky giant that Rex was he decided to Just go for the bar.

"Looks nice, come on I will get you a little umbrella" Rex chuckled and walked over to the bar and sat down in one of the cushy bar stools. It felt good to take a load off and get a drink after a long days work. "Two tropical twists." He said to the bartender and sighed afterwards. "You did great out there Ahani" he said smiling

@[member="Ahani Najwa-Keth"]

"How bizarre it is, half of this looks eerily familiar, like the same culture immersed in a thin layer of water. The rest of it is blisteringly odd. Don't get it yet. Will not compute." She walked like a robot before chasing after @[member="Rexus Drath"] to one of the barstools. The formal tables were as friendly as a puzzle box to Ahani, she flopped around the cultural shore like a fish on land, unused to anything not Echani.

"Little umbrella! Yes!" Pumping her fist in the air, she settled on the stool and set her elbow on the bar. "Yes, what he said. Here. There's that money stuff." Ahani laid some coins on the bar, counting the new currency to attempt some form of accuracy then gave up and pushed them at the bartender.

"Thank you kindly, Sir. I'll say I'm not used to leaving them . . . not. . . dead. . . well that's not true. I've done the whole . . . what'm I saying? It was fun. Live prey! Took him down before he could stumble over a local and skewer them with his idiocy. Didn't even break anything! Well, but a glass. Did the glass break? I don't remember, was too busy restraining his pert backside."

Rexus Drath

Rexus refrained from breaking out and laughing at the woman's antics, it wa honestly one of the most funny things he had seen in a long time. Smiling he took a large gulp of his beverage and tried to commence with something training related. "Yes a glass was broken but I paid for it, and remember to always frisk your target after you secure them." he gave the friendly reminder to the woman then sighed contently

"Also one more thing, don't draw the saber unless it's needed. Like one hundred percent needed. We don't like showing this stuff around the general populace. In private go ahead and let that bad girl fly" He joked and took another sip before giving the hyperactive woman a pat on the back "But other than those few things you did great" he said softly @[member="Ahani Najwa-Keth"] would make a grand knight and Rexus knew that with every ounce of himself

"Pay for the broken objects, frisk your target. What manner of things am I looking for when I frisk them? Identification? Weapons? Curious nouns? Am I using that word right, nouns?" Sipping her drink, she batted at the tiny umbrella, giggling timidly into her glass. It floated above the candied fruit they'd stabbed it through, she pulled it out and inspected it.
"Girl?" Ahani scratched her cheek with a knuckle, puzzling turn of words this @[member="Rexus Drath"], that a lightsaber could be a woman. "No lightsaber unless absolutely needed. Does me fine, I stole this one from my husband. . . Well, his crystal encased body. . . it's big. Too big for my hands. . . why don't we like to show this stuff to the general populace? Do citizens not arm themselves in this culture?" She held her hands up and inspected them too in the light, then went back to biting the fruit off the umbrella-skewer.

"Ooohohohohohooooh this is tasty business!" Guzzling down the drink, she smacked her lips. "Another! I shall have a collection of tiny umbrellas and their tasty brews!"

Rexus Drath

"Yes those are all things you are looking for other curious nouns would be any intel on them or plans they may have in the works. Data pads any type of transmitter our boys at the office can crack." Rexus said trying not to burst out into laughter, truly this woman was a bit bonkers and Rex enjoyed her company. It was certainly a fresh take on the students that had come before her. "Also you might want to slow down a bit, these things can get you drunk you know." he chuckled and ordered the woman another drink

Quickly the bartender whipped up another drink with skewered fruit and a tiny green umbrella. Sliding it to her the man smiled and went back to his business. Rex had been numbing his mind with the force so he wouldn't hear their conversation. It was business he didn't need to know about "Well the reason for secrecy is that we don't technically exist. We have double lives and you need to pick yours somewhere In the empire. For example I'm a platoon sergeant for the emperor's own legion" he said smiling afterwards taking a sip of his drink. @[member="Ahani Najwa-Keth"] would get used to this life

"There are children in the office! Lovely!" Ahani smiled, she liked kids they were precocious and mouldable. Using them early? That was just fine thank you. "Transmitters, plans, Data pads, nouns of interest. Yes." The ever present stutter puckered her speech, her fingers always in motion and body never still. Her grasp on Common or any vocal language for the matter was tentative at best, she fought for the words that would eventually come raised up on a dais for her to curl her lips and tongue around. @[member="Rexus Drath"]'s use of language was a curious bird preening in the room and Ahani wanted to inspect and know it. "Sllooowww. Slow. Why does Common say slow down? Is the direction of down always thought to be slower? Or are we supposed to keep our feet on the ground and . . what about 'take it easy' taking things isn't always easy, or does it mean to only take those things that can be easily taken? Is there going to be a test on vocal proficiency?"

She laughed and took her new umbrella, peering closely in at it as she extended it out and brought it back in, furled and unfurled until she perched it between two fingers and let it rest. "I've barely ever technically existed, so that's nothing new. Double life. . . in the empire. I've done nothing but rear children and raze planets, I have no skills but those maternal or military. Do you think they would let an Echani into the military?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom