Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Progress!!

Rexus Drath

Rexus sighed and played with one of his dreads as he waited patiently for the arrival of his new student. He had a lot to teach the girl and she had a lot to learn. So there he sat on the wing of a ship. They always seemed to show up late, it must of just be him though.

Since Rexus was more of an on the fly type of guy he though he would take her out for a night on the town, and by night on the town Rex meant track down and capture a rouge Jedi that had been spotted in a village not to far from the capital here on Atrisia. He had to teach her the ways of what it meant to be in their line of work. But oh how he missed the old days of doing things. Never the less though he had to get his mind focused on the task at hand. Training, yaaaaaaaay....

@[member="Rexus Drath"] probably didn't have a clue as to the nature of his newest protege. Ahani's head tilted to the side as she walked slightly off kilter to the rest of the landscape. Her silver eyes flickered and perched on one thing and everything, she seemed both dazed and predatory, tracking the landscape itself.

Ahani Najwa-Keth had lied through her teeth when she signed her life away to the Citadel. The wild-faced Echani walked like a woman who had bathed in war, to whom physical conflict was a matter of time, an imperative of conversation. Her gaze narrowed in on Rexus and she tried for what she imagined was a bright yet reserved smile. "Master Drath, I presume."

The Force within her was a coiling serpent slithering upon her spine, dotted with star fire and nebulous emotional ferocity. This was no being of Light, yet eight hundred years encased in crystal had mellowed the Sithwife. The left side of her neck quivered like a physical stutter, which settled as she came closer and got a better look around. "How may I b-be of service?" There was indeed a lot Ahani would learn today.

Hopefully how to chill and enjoy the hunt was one of those things.

Rexus Drath

Rexus starred at the woman as she approached him, she a looker Rex would give her that. But as for what he sensed from the woman left a foul tingling feeling about him. She was dark, perhaps not evil but dark. It made Rex feel a little uneasy about having her behind him, but hey if she passed the back ground check then whatever right?

Rexus chuckled as the woman called her master Drath, never in his nine hundred years of existing had anyone ever called him that. "Okay skipper, first thing. Just call me Rex, and second it's nice to meet you too." jumping down Rex stood a giant of a man standing at six eleven he walked into the ship and ushered the woman inside. "Well we don't have all day, we have to hit the target before it runs"

Sith pursued anger, fear, yet to some the force was passion-bound and in the dominion of emotional charge was the woman's power bound. Ahani stopped short of saluting @[member="Rexus Drath"] and instead went to yank her fingers through her hair and tie it up in a pony tail atop her silver head. "Mast . . Rr. . Rex, right. Rex. I'll . . . get used to that. Ahani. Skipper works, too. You're the boss. Nice? Is it? Huh! 'Aven't heard that one in a while. Nice to meet me. Must be doing something right, eh?"

Having no master but the domineering force of the Sith, it took Ahani a few minutes to stop nearly jumping in preparation for a mean right hook. Eventually she laughed and deflated a little, the twitching faded for a more comfortable body language and attitude. "Dead or alive, the target? Alive preferably, I assume. Not that I can assume anything today." Ahani stuttered, trying on another smile. Hey, it might just work.

Rexus Drath

@[member="Ahani Najwa-Keth"] was certainly a bit socially awkward, she wasn't really the type of girl Rexus would hit on. Not like Jen, short cute and curvy. God he missed the crap out of her, the way she held him and the softness of her lips. It was something he longed for. But then it came back to him, everyone he ever knew died hundreds of years ago. That was enough for him to stop spacing out and bring him back to the current conversation at hand also no I'm not the boss, just think of me as your guidance councillor only more badass." Rexus chuckled stepping into the ship and buckled himself into the cockpit.

"Yes we take him alive, if possible. Our jobs as inquisitors are to take force users and reeducate them to our way of thinking. You see they are misguided souls that have fallen from the path and we are the shepherds who bring them back." Rex tried to sum it up the best way he could, it wasn't the easiest if tasks but he was pretty sure he got it "Buckle up."

"Badass guidance. . . is there a lexicon for these terms? Will there be an exam? Do we get a victory pint when we accomplish our objectives?" Ahani blinked, there was a moment there she thought she'd lost him in thought but maybe all humans did that. What did she know about not being lost in one's headspace?

"Shepherds…" In @[member="Rexus Drath"]'s hands was a former Sith, whose 800 year long stasis had shifted her persuasions and now there was the same chance being given, freely wanted, to bring her along a different path. This was a very different universe to the one she'd left behind.

"What a poor lost little lamb. Let's go bring him back to the proper pasture, eh?" She grinned, feeding the area with her predatory energy and kicked back in the ship, buckling up. "How fast does this bird fly? Fast enough to be interesting? What's this particular poor sod done to get our attention?"

Rexus Drath

"I'm just going to assume you aren't from around here." Rex looked forward and started the ship, "There's not going to be an exam but I will let you buy me a drink." Chuckling Rexus lifted the ship into the air, it would be a short flight yhe village was only twenty minutes away. "This place is beautiful, don't you think?" Rex looked over at his new student and smiled in a friendly manner. "As for our friend, he's done nothing wrong persay but he's on our planet not following our customs on how we view the use of the force. So we bring him in, and we persuade him to join our cause."

And by persuade Rexus really knew that it meant torture him until he was mentally and physically broken or have him submit to imperial rule. As a former sith himself the man was not unfamiliar with torture. His old master would do the worst things in the world just to get a laugh. "But we are just here to bring him back so he may understand how we work things."

@[member="Ahani Najwa-Keth"]

"Nope. New immigrant. Fresh off the boat. Ship! Ship. Echani and vocabulary are kind of like honey and vinegar. . . mmm do Atrisians have vinegar crisps? Haven't had those in . . . heh. . . you wouldn't believe me if I told you." Ahani chuckled low in her throat. "As long as that drink's some kind of whiskey and includes stories of battles fought and won, you're on."

The planet itself did hold Ahani's attention at the quality of the landscape. She enjoyed the opportunity to discover it on their way, nodding to @[member="Rexus Drath"]. "It's something. Really something."

The more she heard the more serious Ahani took the Inquisition. Persuading others, not due to wrong doings but cultural differences. Frankly she was glad she turned herself in first thing. "Which customs on how we view the force are important for little old me? And how . . . exactly. . . are we to persuade this individual?"

Would it be something fun or tedious?

Rexus Drath

"Well I've fought in plenty of battles in the ancient galactic empire, I was a medic in the storm trooper corps before I became an imperial knight. Turns out when you are force sensitive you have to capitalize on it in this world." Rex didn't really like talking about himself, the things he had done or the lives he had taken. To him battle wasn't glorious or courageous. He had too many of his friends die in his arms for that to happen. "Well, I'm sure a drink when this is over sounds good. But as for vinegar crisps, salted or unsalted?" he smiled again and honestly he knew a place back in the capital that served some.

"Well the force should be used as a tool to help progress the empire further to its former glory. While most force users in the galaxy use it for their own selfish needs. So we take those individuals who are in our grasp and change their way of thinking. As for how we do it, I don't like talking about it. I mostly just handle in grabbing the target and taking them back. That part I decided against." Rexus was a fighter and torture was something he put behind him the moment he left the sith order. The conversation was nice, they had already burned off a solid fifteen minutes of flight time and were nearing the village

"The old. . . you were alive. . . I grew up on Byss during Palpatine's Reign. My father wore Crimson." Palpatine's bodyguards, Crimson robed Echani taken and trained with the singular intent of saving the Emperor had been her teething grounds. Not a Guard herself, oh too young she was for such things and too female, but Ahani remembered. "You look pretty good for a. . . how long's it been?"

Ahani still didn't know how long she'd been frozen, let alone how long @[member="Rexus Drath"] had lived. No more than some mean decades, most likely. "Salted, please. Give a woman one vice." Laughing again she let her guards come up, draping her force sensing around her to feel outward for any sign of a rampant Force User and their gifts.

"Aha. Washing your hands of the less honourable bits, are we? I'd rather hunt than break, myself. The inside of a cell isn't the best of places." Ahani spat, letting the taste of her own imprisonment those centuries ago fade from her. "This guy weaponized? Tell me I get to punch him. Do we get weapons? Do we specialize in any particular type?"

Rexus Drath

Ah the old guards, Rex knew a few of those guys as a knight of the empire. Awful at parties, always took themselves way too seriously for their own good. Then again their job was one of the most demanding in the empire. They had to run back to back perfect PFTs just to even be accepted into the program. And as much as Rex loved his physical fitness, he was not about that life. "Yeah, I knew some of them. Rather boring really but hey what are you going to do." touching down on the outskirts of the village their ship had landed. It was a bit remote but this was one of the few villages on Atrisia that still functioned without much technology. "Tell you what, when this is over I'l tell you how old I am. And where I'm from." Rex unbuckled himself and made his way down the the hall to the ramp of the ship

"As for weapons, it's really your choice to be honest. I just back my saber and a stun gun! I prefer to be light on my feet in case I have to run, not every hunt goes the way you want it to." and boy how that was true, countless times Rex has had to run from the local population when he tried to steal their quote unquote miracle worker. Just another forcer using his powers to fit his needs. "Really take whatever you want, just as long as you can carry it!" he said exiting the ship. Stepping outdoors he took a deep breath and sighed happily. Now was the time to get to work

Ahani burst out laughing. "No joke, either eh? Deal."

Ahani pounced down the ramp and sniffed at the air, scanning the perimeter of her perceptions for any sort of mark or scent of the renegade force user. Wherever he was, she'd snipe him out and wrestle him down. Shrugging, Ahani pulled her fingers one at a time. "Good to know. Better start building a saber. About time I did."

Taking a snap baton and a stun gun, Ahani tucked the baton in her belt and the gun in her cargo trouser pocket. Odds were any weapon she came across she could figure out in a moment or seven, it was one of her few true talents. "Roger that, Rex. Let's go get Mr. Wrong."

@[member="Rexus Drath"]

Rexus Drath

"Yes we shall go get Mr.Wrong, come with me." Rexus moved along the ground and into the village, "So tell me a little about yourself Ahani, what do you enjoy doing?" the man smiled and moved forward past a few of the huts greeting the citizens of the empire as he passed. "We need to find him, best place to look for outcast Jedi is any place that serves booze, Jedi drink a lot actually."

Chuckling Rexus continued to make his way checking hut after hit with the force. He could sense the Jedi he would just have to find out where he was. "Hey go find a bar or something, and contact me when you can." Rex split off to go do some of his own recon

"Me? I. . . " Ahani harumphed. What did she enjoy doing? "Ah. . . I . . . um. . . hunting? Yes. And fighting. Brawling, sparring, playing holo-chess. Music! Fun to spar to. Do people still play holo-chess? I . . . " Her lips shut, as a wave of emotion cascaded around. Loss, motherly affection, a time long past. "I had a little boy. My husband and I, we had a son … his name was Yuca. I enjoyed him, teaching him how to walk." She smiled at her mind's eye on the past, steeling her shoulders and walking off toward the town.

"Booze. Bars. Right." Ahani took off at a jog, getting the rust off her joints and slowly working her way out through the outskirts of town. She sniffed the air, peering through the veil of the Force for any dots and signs of another Force Wielder. @[member="Rexus Drath"] shone with the hazy glint of a man who spent less of the time in the light than he said, she ushered the thought aside and kept searching, coming to an inn with a pub. 'Couple of entrances, lots of windows, tables, bar. . . if it were me, and I were thirsty, I'd be in there. Quick escape.' she came round the block and entered the bar from the other side, walking up to it and sitting on a stool.

"Anyone know the best drink in the house?" She laughed to the collective of regulars and travellers just passing through.

Rexus Drath

"My heart hurts for your loss, I can't say I've ever had the same, keep comms on minimum, but call if you need me." Rexus said as he dove off in search of the man. Though he had found himself kind of slacking off lighting up a cigarette talking to a few of the locals. "So then I'm like, Well if you don't surrender then I'm just going to have to punch you in the dick." Rexus laughed and continued to sod around as his new student handled business. Usually he always remained focused on the goal but he had to see what his new student was made of.

Inside the bar everyone gave the woman an awkward stare, she was certainly from another place than here, an outsider and most remote villages didn't like outsiders. Every side of the bar had something going on. One half of the bar was filled with farm workers getting a drink after a long days work and the other half was a group of younger people having a night out, though something wasn't right about one, a man sat in the group of them hooded trying to blend in as much as he could. Hmm one of things just doesn't belong here

Ahani nodded at his expression of condolence. It hadn't sunk in yet, that Yuca was long dead and if his name existed at all it was in a long held like of ancestors. Somewhere Ahani held to the hope that it hadn't been that long, that really it was a few months, maybe a finger full of years and she'd be popping off to Chandaar to pick him up from Chiara and take her little boy home to Daddy. A great portion of her mind clung to the thought, gripping it with a vehemence which would shatter yet another portion of her mind should it fall.

Prying her mind's eye from motherly instincts, the cold Echani's silver eyes flickered throughout the bar. "What, is there a bee on me?" She asked, when she caught the awkward glares.

The farmers were clear and harmless, maybe a bit defensive of their turf, but the dirt caked under their fingernails, and the weather in their faces was unmistakably local. Several snorted at her comment, one even muttering, "If there were I'd pay you t'take it. Rare lil' pollinators."

Ahani smiled and laughed deep in her throat, kicking back her silver hair and telling the bartender she'd have what the bee-loving man had in his glass. It seemed to reduce some of the attention, but not by much. Deciding against getting into a rousing discussion on farming techniques in Atrisia, Ahani took her drink and came closer to the younger crowd. Although no 20 year old, Ahani looked well preserved for her age, only a scant smattering of lines and crows feet. 800 years in crystal worked better than surgery for this Echani woman. "Sup?" She said to the Night Out gang.

Pulling at the thin threads of the Force, she felt a pulsating echo resonating deeply around one table, it didn't take much to locate the odd man out. Where the others were laughing and companionable, one kept tugging at his clothes, adjusting his hair underneath the hood, giving his drink nothing but lip service. Taking a seat for her own and dragging it to the table, she swung it around backward and sat with her elbows propped on the high back. "New here, heard this was where the fun's at."

Nudging the cowled man with her shoulder, she grinned, "Think I made the right choice?" She began to feed one of her feet on the back edge of one of his chair-legs, if he tried to run he'd probably end up falling straight backward. @[member="Rexus Drath"]

Much laughs would be had by all.

Rexus Drath

Rexus finished up his cigarette and continued to talk to the local farmers. Not that he should get invested or anything but Rex was from a Kolto harvesting family back on Manaan. Oh how he missed those days, swimming in the oceans and diving to collect the mysterious healing plant. "Yeah I grew up on a farm man, I mean a farm in the ocean but it's still a farm." he said to one of the men he was talking to laughing afterwards. He was having a good time socializing with the people of the planet, it beat having to work and potentially get stabbed by some mook of a Jedi. "So you guys fish at all around here or is it strictly rice?" he asked laughing a bit afterwards

Inside the bar was a different story, Ahani had picked the man out perfectly and now she had him. "Um yes, you see the thing is..." was all the man said before getting up in a hurry and making a bolt for the door. He could sense the aura coming of of Ahani and it smelt trouble. Quickly he reached for the door and prepared to exit the bar as he pushed through farmers and other fixtures. Ahani would have to strike to stop the man. Though she was in a bar filled with innocent lives. Restraint would be needed

'Target's a runner. May be coming out the front entrance. Hah. What an amateur, going round the front.' Ahani projected the thought telepathically into @[member="Rexus Drath"]'s mind along with a mental picture of what the man looked like.

Ahani yanked her foot on the back of his chair, the man stumbled but moved fast. Jumping to her own feet, Ahani hucked her glass at the escaping Jedi, putting an amount of her force-given energy to increase its' natural velocity. It hit him square in the shoulder, but that only slowed him down. Both hands raised, Ahani reached through the Force to grab him round the knees and pulled.

The man crashed down near the doorway, Ahani lept on him, straddling his back and reaching an arm around his neck, pulling upward on his throat to lengthen him out and bend his back. Her stun gun pointed at the flesh of his shoulder. "Do not make me ruin anyone else's drink. They paid good creds to sit and enjoy themselves and if I have to feel guilty because you're a twat I will be incredibly upset." Without much of a pause, she fired the stun-gun at close range into the meat of his back.

"Is everyone okay?" she asked to her audience.

Rexus Drath

The audience watched the spectacle at hand and were quite scared to say the least, thankfully no lightsabers were drawn, to them it just looked like the man had tripped over some tables and fallen. "Everyone is fine, please just go." the bar tender said to the woman as the Jedi beneath him squirmed like fish out of water after being stunned. She had done great, she didn't even need Rex's help which came as a surprise to Rexus. All that was needed now was to restrain him and send him up the river to the citadel.

Walking in Rex saw the sight before him, her straddling the man and the crowd eyeing the pair. "Well looks like you got everything under control. I mean hey you are doing great" Rexus chuckled and went up to the bar placing a decent amount of credits for their troubles "Cuff him and let's go" @[member="Ahani Najwa-Keth"]

"I had to spill my drink." Ahani snarled, pushing the Jedi's shaking body to the ground. "Cuff. . . cuff, cuff, cuff. . yes, cuff. . . I . . have them. . . somew--aha!" Ahani searched her pockets for the cuffs, thinking for a brief few seconds that she'd forgotten them in @[member="Rexus Drath"]'s shuttle. That would have been a disaster of mild proportions! Almost as bad as spilling a drink. She slapped the Jedi's nose on the ground for good measure, hearing the muffled whine and knowing hey! At least she could have a little fun!

"Yes, yes, I know the drill. Thank you for saving us from a dangerous criminal, please leave before we get afrighted. C'mon tiny dancer." She said to the bartender. Slapping the cuffs on his wrists behind his back, Ahani pulled him up and started dragging his lucid body unceremoniously across the floor to the exit. "Didn't even get to give you a show. Still, most don't think about pulling the bas--rd's knees out. No foundation? No trouble. Now maybe if it'd been an ataru man, those ones flip all over the place. Should know, my oldest boy's one. . . Was one. Verb tenses. You people and vocal words."

Hopefully on the way back to the shuttle there were plenty of small rocks for the unfortunate Jedi to bump his knees on. "Thank you, by the way. How'd I do for a first day?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom