Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pre-Made Characters

Jay Scott Clark said:
I can see it now. One year from today...
  • Supply of Characters Pre-Made by the Community: 1 Million
  • Demand for Characters Pre-Made by the Community: less than a dozen
Welp. :p
Yep. This was exactly what I was thinking as I scrolled down the page.

If it were to function, it would probably work best on a commission basis. Someone scrolls through a list of players with a creative overload and a desire to see their influence spread, look at a sample of their work by way of their own personal profiles, then humbly requests, "Hey, make me something based on these parameters, or just lose your damn mind."

Otherwise, it's just going to be a fat stack of unread archives that may only get the mildest perusal if it has a clever name.

In my experience, too, upon adopting someone else's characters, the creator tends to get super fidgety when you decide to take the character in your own direction by, say, not wanting to be affiliated with them in anyway IC.

[member="Drapeam Nyx"] I LOVED your signature thing. If I found the time and muse to recover after lost time, Triam would still be kicking :)

Alas, I have few of those things, so she sits in wait until such a time that I do :)

I suppose someone could certainly create Pre-Made Characters for new comers as in individual project, but I don't see this as a necessity for staff to run or organize. I might make a few pre-made characters simply because I love that creation aspect :p

Start a thread revolving around pre-made characters (each post must conform to what a general bio sheet would be in the character creation section) and once it gains traction let staff know, though I feel this idea would be cool.

[member="Drapeam Nyx"] -- The signature idea sounds cool. Graphics are always fun in the character designing process, and I find a lot of people start with an image and build from there. I'd think it rare that members would come and not want to build their own character, never encountered that issue, but building inspirational art is always a great thing!! +1

I like this idea. It could easily help stem the tide of vanilla characters who are carbon-copied over from the franchise. Instead, people having trouble are given an alternative that enriches everyone's experience!

Drapeam Nyx said:
I did something similar once. I made a bunch of signatures and let people 'adopt' them, using them as inspiration for characters. I might start that up again...
You can make me one of you just can't help yourself. ^_^

[member="Varus Shatterstar"]
Avatar: http://oi59.tinypic.com/wuo7cm.jpg
wuo7cm.jpg

Signature: http://oi62.tinypic.com/2i8g5rd.jpg
2i8g5rd.jpg

I swear, if you don't use this, I will. I learned how to make things transparent for this chite.

It was intended for a new character. My apologies if that wasn't clear. I thought we were still talking about what I used to do for people.
>__<

EDIT: Give me like, ten minutes, and I might have something for Varus.

Drapeam Nyx said:
It was intended for a new character. My apologies if that wasn't clear. I thought we were still talking about what I used to do for people.
>__<

EDIT: Give me like, ten minutes, and I might have something for Varus.
It was? BALLIN! That makes SO MUCH MORE SENSE!

I'm starting a bounty hunter tonight, yo!

Daddy like that gif. I don't know how much [member="Corvus Raaf"] would appreciate being incorporated without her knowledge, however. :p

Uhhhhhhhhhhh... if you want to use a gif in the sig then by all means. You do a friggen awesome job anyway, so I'd prefer that you exercise your artistic mind and create what comes to you. As far as quotes or words in the gif I suppose you could include Name, "Jedi Knight" and perhaps an old favorite of mine... "I'd rather Live than live Forever."

[member="Drapeam Nyx"]

YOU WEREN'T SUPPOSED TO MENTION HER-
NOW SHE KNOWS I SHOWED IT TO YOU
*panics*
*flails*
Ahem. That gif will not be incorporated into the sig, and unfortunately at this time I'm still working on finding a proper program for getting gifs into my sigs without editing every single frame. However I'm still perfectly capable of making satisfactory works. Yours should be done shortly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom