Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Suggestion Post Tracking

I honestly don't post enough to care about this kind of thing, which is precisely why I've decided I should be the person to propose the question/suggestion. Though, I do like sort of spying on others work from time to time and getting a bead on who is putting in a lot of work on their characters/factions/story arcs. Which leads me to the suggestion/question I have.

I think posts that are tracked for top poster of the month should primarily be counted from within the OPEN-PRIVATE roleplay section. Given, there's no personal stake in this. I just like knowing who's actively roleplaying, not who's posting the most in general. Is there any reason why it isn't like that? Does that make sense, or is anyone against that?

And that's that. :)

Just a suggestion-question disguised as a question-suggestion. Good day everybody

Aayla Shan Aayla Shan

One hundred percent agree. I see alot of people using spam posts or game posts to keep their post count super high. I think thats really unfair to those who are actually writing a ton - taking from those who write alot a cool chance to be top of the list for a little.

Edit for a point:

The top 4 of 5 posters of the month so far are there because of a large amount of posts in the Game or OOC sections - I assume based on their recent activity, that is. Compared to the first IC posting count of Valery Noble Valery Noble who has 37 compared to the 95 gaming posts. Personally, I want to see how many posts someone like Valery and other RP'ers are doing in a month - not how many times in an hour someone posted to a gaming thread.

Last edited:
Ive had a thought. I think it might be a bit discouraging to tell some writers their activity is somehow less because they are posting in the games and OOC areas. A lot of times those things forge connections and create friendships that latter turn into IC stories. The factory and Codex are also OOC but those posts practically build our lore.

But I also understand how people may be generally interested in who is out in the galaxy the most in an in character sense.

So what about top IC posters and too OOC posters?

I am not even sure this is possible and the staff probably have a lot more to worry about. Just an idea.

Ive had a thought. I think it might be a bit discouraging to tell some writers their activity is somehow less because they are posting in the games and OOC areas. A lot of times those things forge connections and create friendships that latter turn into IC stories. The factory and Codex are also OOC but those posts practically build our lore.

But I also understand how people may be generally interested in who is out in the galaxy the most in an in character sense.

I am not even sure this is possible and the staff probably have a lot more to worry about. Just an idea.

This is what I would do if it were possible.

Been having fun banter myself in a certain OOC thread with various alts :). Whatever the motivation for the thread's activity, well it was fun.

Be careful what you wish for.

Your point is more than fair, but at the same time, I also read some of the posting games and see two people go on 20-30 post exchanges (I have been guilty of this as well) where the back and forth has nothing to do with the spirit of the posting game ("The last post wins" and "The last joke wins" being two that come to mind).

These are fun... but....

The top 4 of 5 posters of the month so far are there because of a large amount of posts in the Game or OOC sections - I assume based on their recent activity, that is. Compared to the first IC posting count of Valery Noble Valery Noble who has 37 compared to the 95 gaming posts. Personally, I want to see how many posts someone like Valery and other RP'ers are doing in a month - not how many times in an hour someone posted to a gaming thread.

This is the big thing for me. At this point it pretty much IS just a Top OOC Poster of the Month list. The writers focusing on IC threads just can't realistically compete with the ability to pump out 300 shitposts per day (Although Valery Noble Valery Noble 's capabilities continue to astonish and frighten me). Which is IMO, an even bigger invalidation of the efforts by those who are participating in the site's main function which is, yknow, roleplay. Just feels kinda cheap and not what the counter was intended for.

I mean are people genuinely interested in seeing who wrote the most OOC replies every month? That doesn't really make much sense to me personally, but I guess if a second counter is an easy implementation then I don't see why not? Otherwise, I think it would be vastly improved by sticking to IC posts exclusively.

There's absolutely merit to having stuff like Posting Games around, but at the end of the day I wanna know who's delving into their characters and stories, not who can spam the most numbers in a "Let's count to 100!" thread.

Last edited:
Not to take this for a turn, I have nothing against the OOC games, and have dabbled in one or two... Maybe, once or twice. And I absolutely think Kitter Bitters Kitter Bitters was onto something with their suggestion. If it's possible two separate trackers for OOC-IC posts may even be better, cause even if it's a one word, or even a one letter post: it's still a post. So, it's still site activity that I wouldn't mind being tracked. Piggybacking on Darth Empyrean Darth Empyrean

The top 4 of 5 posters of the month so far are there because of a large amount of posts in the Game or OOC sections - I assume based on their recent activity, that is. Compared to the first IC posting count of Valery Noble Valery Noble Valery Noble Valery Noble who has 37 compared to the 95 gaming posts. Personally, I want to see how many posts someone like Valery and other RP'ers are doing in a month - not how many times in an hour someone posted to a gaming thread.

This kinda' thing is more so what I wouldn't wanna' see, and is a little you know... Eh? I absolutely don't wanna' take away from anyone with anything, but the truth is I just place IC posting higher than OOC banter. I'm really happy to see so many people turned out with positive opinions here btw.

There's absolutely merit to having stuff like Posting Games around, but at the end of the day I wanna know who's delving into their characters and stories, not who can spam the most numbers in a "Let's count to 100!" thread.

I can understand that. If we can only have one counter I think the best is IC only. I spent last month as the #1 poster with this account that is an entirely OOC account. It started by me trying to see if the counter only counted IC posts and then jusy kept going as a lolz with Valery. It doesn’t really give an accurate snapshot of whats happening IC though because this is a completely OOC account. So I do agree if we only have one it should be IC. Or maybe IC and factory/codex? Since those are building IC lore?

Having two is probably best overall solution but that might not be possible.

Ultimately its a nice feature but its not a hill to die on, at least for me. I would be fine no matter what is done, but I did feel I should chime in because this OOC account did demonstrate the issue very clearly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom