Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Pink and Blue

Objective: Chill with a friend
Tags: Daiya Daiya

Gear is stowed in places around the apartment
Poor Hex hears voices in her head

Hex speech to others
Hex speech to herself

Hexes inner voices
'...Neutral...'
'...Doubt...'
'...Anger...'

Coloured '.....' are also words that Hex can hear , but I decided not to write them to reduce clutter

Untitled225-20220806214831.png
Hex routed through the new cupboards trying to find something, the perfect accompaniment to the snack Hex has brought home to enjoy with her friend Daiya. "Hey Dai? Did we eat that big bag of cookies." she leaned backwards and grinned at the blonde while she searched before turning back around. Hopefully she had picked some excellent music for them to enjoy too. "No, wait, I found them! Catch!" Hex through the bag across the room towards the sofa for Daiya to catch, a giant bag of choc chip cookies would do the trick.

"So, what we listening too?" she asked as she walked across and took a seat on the sofa. They needed a chilled evening to just hang out. Since they moved in to their beautiful new apartment they had been exceptionally busy. The blue haired girl reached across and picked up the lighted and the joint, smelling it gently before lighting it. It took a few goes to get it to catch but eventually it lit. She took a long drag on to it before letting the smoke gently curl from her lips.

"Hmm, not bad, not bad, here." Hex handed it to her friend with a smile and leaned back into the sofa staring at the ceiling. The voices were quiet tonight, when she was relaxed she could keep better control of her mind. They were in there somewhere, maybe they were chilling too. She gently placed her fingers on her lips as if shushing someone.

Daiya grabbed for the bag in midair, snagging it by the plasticine corner. Her arms whipped it to her chest, clinging to it with a sigh of relief. She propped her legs up onto the long end of the L-shaped divan couch, leaning back against the cushion before peeling back the bag to peer at its label. "Chocolate? Aww feth, what happened to the saltnut butter ones?"

She knew what happened to them, it only took the question to bring the memory to the surface. The young shadowrunner let out a wry sound, halfway between her normal giggle and an exasperated chuckle, guilt tinting her cheeks pink. Those had been the first thing to go after her latest escapade with Doc Painless Doc Painless a few days ago. "Oh right...in my defense, they were delicious!"

Giggles were masked by the sound of the bag opening, scattering crumbs across her shirt from the explosive pop achieved by Daiya's tactical squeeze of the bag. The teen reached in for a cookie, just happy for anything in her mouth after the busy day she had. Credits were satisfying in the long run, but the choc chip cookies were far more satisfying right now. "I dunno, what did I have last?"

Daiya crawled over toward her new roommate, passing Hex the bag of cookies, before the pink-and-blonde head dived under the table where she left the music speaker last night. Fiddling with its controls, the teen winced as the loud thrash of SPEEDER OVERDRIVE burst from the tiny speakers. Daiya turned down the volume and set the speaker on the low table near the sofa's cushions, letting its flat top magnify the sound. "This one's okay, but if you don't like Speeder Overdrive, there's this a-mazing Disorganic Dreams song next. Probably."

She giggled again, shrugging hapless at the whims of the music device's shuffle program. As she inhaled, a curl of smoke touched her lungs, gripping them tight while Daiya strained against coughing. Her eyes grew wide as Hex handed the joint in her direction, the seductive embers still glowing in front of the teen's face. Daiya took it, feeling obligated.

"I've only done this once..." Daiya didn't know if she was explaining or defending herself. She pressed a finger to her lips, mimicking the blue girl's gesture with a shushing noise. Last time she had smoked something like this, the teen recalled, she had enjoyed the aftermath.

Her lungs revolted, coughing hard enough to spit wet crumbs into her hand, at the first draw from the joint. Daiya sat up, feet on the floor, to let her lungs calm back down again. She licked the cookie from her palm, cheeks flushing from embarassment, and set her jaw. This time she would take a hit for real, and pressed the joint to her lips once more.

"Not bad, Daiya's voice came strained and raspy this time, trying to echo Hex's comment after the hit. Her head swam from the lack of air, or the joint already beginning to work, not sure what else she could handle for now. Daiya passed the joint back to Hex, laying her head back on the sofa. She took a wheezing breath before she could take in air again normally, giggling self-conscious at the effort.

The song played in the air between them, and Daiya's head hummed in time to the beat.

"Where'd you get that?"

Hex Hex

Hex speech to others
Hex speech to herself

Hexes inner voices
'...Neutral...'
'...Doubt...'
'...Anger...'

Coloured '.....' are also words that Hex can hear , but I decided not to write them to reduce clutter

"I'll trust you with the music, you seem to have pretty good taste. Oooh if you've got anything by Paranescence, stick that on, it goes great with one of these. The shoulders of the blue haired girl swayed in time to the music as she waited for the drug to take effect, and also waited her turn whilst Daiya Daiya took a drag.

Hex suppressed a little giggle as her friend tried to hide the irritation the acrid smoke had caused on her lungs. "Smooth, you're a natural" she teased as she took the joint back, inhaling deeply and letting the smoke out with a popping sound into the air above her. "I don't do it much, but when your brain is all spaghetti like mine it feels nice to not be... y'know"

'...you're talking gibberish girl...'
"you are awake then?" she mused to herself in a soft voice.

"Where'd you get that?"

Hex returned her focus to Daiya and loosley held her arm out for the teen to take her turn next "I know this guy, I think he's half Zabrak or something. When I first got to Denon I did a few deliveries for him, it was for pocket change, but at least I didn't starve. And once I met you guys and I got a bit more cash I promoted myself to customer."

She sat back up and reached for a cookie popping one in her mouth. "So funny thing about this guy, he's cool, but he keeps saying I can get a better price if I hook up with him.... blaaaaaaghh" Hex scrunched up her face as if the very thought of it turned her stomach and then she burst out laughing. She looked at the blonde and pink girl, watching how she responded to her second hit, biting her lip a little in case she had to giggle again. She was starting to get the pleasant feeing in her brain and the world began to soften around her. Her muscles relaxed as the music moved over her.

"Ha, hook up with him? Like what, run a delivery together or some—"

The laughter on her lips faded as Daiya's features scrunched together, her face a contortion of disgust. The realization hit her in the gut, squirming through her insides enough to make the teen blanch. "Oh my stars, gross!"

She gagged at the thought of it, pushing her tongue back in with the back of her hand. Daiya swallowed for a few moments, then she shook her head. Her face flushed pink, with her volume loud as the teen voiced her unrestrained opinion on the twisted minds of the opposing gender. "Why are men all fething gross? Y'know the landlord tried that one on me? Us, really."

"He said he'd give us a discount if we let him put cameras in the apartment," Pointing up to the corner near the ceiling, the teen continued on. "I can't believe we still got the apartment after I told him to go feth himself. I wasn't even thinking about him watching us or something, I just didn't want CorpSec getting the footage of us planning illegal stuff."

Daiya giggled, grabbing the smoking blunt back from Hex. She put it to her lips to take a drag, longer and more comfortable than the last. The drug worked its way into her veins, pulsing in time to the music as the teen laid her head back on the cushions, her eyes drifting to the ceiling as she let out a satisfied, "Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!"

Her ire seemed to fade as quickly as she let it out, passing the joint back to Hex. To Daiya's mind, it was far more important to find the right way to sit to enjoy the music. She tried different positions, even rolling over, before winding up with her feet elevated on cushions while her head hung off the side of the couch. It wasn't normally comfortable, yet with the blood rushing to her head and the drug taking effect, it was oddly satisfying.

Daiya giggled at almost nothing in particular, letting the rhythm of time flow by as the uncountable beats of her heart.

Hex Hex

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Hex

Hex speech to others
Hex speech to herself

Hexes inner voices
'...Neutral...'
'...Doubt...'
'...Anger...'

Hex laughed a slightly uncomfortable laugh, she too had dealt with the landlord, she had no idea why he might want to spy on the two teen girls unless he was corpsec or something? Her eyes widened as the truth of what he wanted fought its way into her more innocent mind. "What if we we got the cameras, but rewired the feed to that noisy Besalisk couple a couple of floors down." She sighed with a gentle laugh as she took the joint back off of a lounging daiya. "I he'd enjoy that show!"

'...I don't think he'd want to see any of that...'
"Yeah, no chit, but be good karma for him right?" she quietly spoke to herself as she stared at the sky and imagined what the stars might look like.

Hex turned her head and looked at the wriggling blonde "comfortable down there little squiggler?" she giggled before leaning down to the floor and rolling a cookie on its side so it tumbled by her upturned head ready for her to retrieve. The blue haired girl looked at the quickly burning drug in her hand, it was a good job the effects lasted longer than the burn as this was going down far too nicely. "Want another go? Just try not to cough it up while you are upside down like that." she laughed.

'...She probably thinks you are laughing at her...'
Hex tensed up briefly but looked at the girl opposite her who showed no signs of offence. "Nah, we're good"she grinned.

Hex was in a wonderful place right now, calm, relaxed, with a person who felt like she might become a good friend. She was in a flat she was legally renting that would keep her warm and dry and she had a fridge full of provision.

"I am so fething comfortable!" Daiya told her roommate, giggling at the ceiling directly above her. She could feel the blood rushing into her upside-down head, putting pressure on her cavities and dulling her hearing, and the teen let it come. It was only for a moment, a moment she spent aware of every tactile sensation, of every particle down the length of her body. In a singlular, solitary moment, Daiya was wholly connected with the cushion of the divan couch, a connection that seemed incredibly important somehow.

It was only for a moment.

"Ooooo, yum..." the teen took a swipe at the cookie rolling toward her head, biting down on the snack to get at the sweet morsels of chocolate it contained. The couch was forgotten beneath her as Daiya held the rest of the cookie in her teeth, stretching out toward Hex to take the joint from her. The warning made her giggle, but her lungs took notes, leaving this hit far smoother and more pleasant for the teen. "Oh yeah," she croaked, a small cough clearing her raspy voice. "This is some good chit."

Daiya let the smoke waft from the smoldering stick for a moment, a heaviness in her lungs pulling her deeper into the drug's grasp. A grin covered her face, letting her thoughts travel farther than the couch's welcoming cushion wanted to let her.

"That Besalisk would be way better entertainment. Four arms, four hands, that's like...four times the possibilities!" Daiya counted the fingers on her free hand for a moment, before nodding to herself in confidence. She chewed on the rest of the cookie, her jaw working in thought as a quiet moment passed between the two girls.

"Hex?" Mouth contorted, the confident teen hesitated, wondering if she should wait longer to ask. Meeting Hex and seeing her in action had been a rushing whirlwind of time, giving Daiya only a glimpse of the blue girl's quirks. Sharing an apartment was bringing them closer for longer stretches of time, and Daiya had begun to notice the whispered retorts and statements as she turned away or went around a corner.

Sometimes they even seemed to be about her.

"When you're talking like that, y'know, the whole whispery thing? Who do you talk to?"

Hex Hex

• Love

Hex speech to others
Hex speech to herself

Hexes inner voices
'...Neutral...'
'...Doubt...'
'...Anger...'

"Note for your birthday, besalisk back massages!" Hex giggled before breathing deeply and feeling the universe drift through her as she melted into the sofa, she considered the cookie in her hand closely, before putting it in her mouth and having it explode in a biscuity chocolate mess.

"Huh?" she replied absent mindedly to her friend.

"When you're talking like that, y'know, the whole whispery thing? Who do you talk to?"

It took Hex a moment to realise what Daiya was asking her, and suddenly her mind was a lot less absent. Her heart beat hard and her mouth felt dry. Hex looked over at the open door to the sun lounge, she knew how many paces it was and how quick she could be gone. Hex looked at Daiya, she felt a strange trust towards her that she couldn't explain, so she breathed and tried to recenter herself.

"OK... so I'm going to tell you, but only if you promise not to make fun of me or tell me its not real yeah?"

"Not real? Feth, I'm not even sure if this couch is real right now. Who am I to judge?"

"I'm serious Daiya" Hex looked at her friend, a little frightened to open up, but she wanted to trust her. "People treat me badly because I'm weird, you don't, and I don't want that to change"

"Nothing's gonna change. I promise."

Hex gave a slightly crooked smile and she blinked a few times, trying to swallow her anxiety.

'...This ought to be good, let's see you wriggle your way out of this one...' she twitched to one side and widened her eyes in an angry 'shush' directed at herself.

"So, I have these friends, and they talk to me, they tell me stuff." Why was it so hard to find the words for something so intrinsic to her entire life? "Sometimes it's just really mundane stuff, like telling me where I left stuff, or just teasing me..... sometimes it's not." she bit her lip and looked at Daiya trying to gauge her reaction before she went further into the specifics, how would the teen feel knowing there was someone telling Hex to hurt people. She reached over and took a very large drag on the joint to try and relax herself further. "When I am relaxed, like now, kinda" she giggles nervously "They don't talk so much, they were just chilling up until a moment ago, but now one of them has woken up and..."

'......'
"Oh my gods, STOP IT!" she snapped at herself, turning her head slightly as to not direct her anger at Daiya.

"Yeah.... that." she smiled and shrugged, giving Daiya a plaintive look, her eyes were a beautiful blue with just the hint of pink snaking through them. Hex sighed and collapsed back into the sofa drawing on the joint again.

Last edited:
As cheap as it was, Daiya didn't think too poorly of her glib comment about reality. She wasn't thinking very much at all, not when she asked nor of what Hex would answer. The teen had been waiting for a laugh or coy answer, ready to giggle and drift along as the words and haze permitted. She perched on the edge of anticipation, her eyes wide and her lips coiled, ready to spring.

Daiya wasn't ready for the answer she heard.

"Friends, like on the HoloNet? Stars, Hex, everyone has those!" Daiya mentioned after Hex first paused for more words. She giggled softly, listening for the synchronizing chimes of her friend's laughter from the other end of the couch. It didn't come, only silence and the sound of the blue girl inhaling deeply on the shared joint. Daiya felt the silence settle heavily on her chest, a sobering weight that clutched at her with a sinister grasp.

Hex was serious.

The teen strained through the haze that slowed down her thoughts and tongue, prying away the mist as her friend continued. She felt lost, unaided by the illusionary couch beneath her, pushing and climbing and tearing her way to break the surface. At every turn, Daiya found obstacles. A muddy river of ominous words, a macabre mural of clairvoyant graffiti, a vivid holo-screen of fears come to life. She looked away from them, shying away, until a loud, familiar voice stirred her to press forward through the miasma and back into their living room.

"Oh, you mean..." her words were soft, drifting slowly as her friend's voice came rushing back to her. Every sound, with crystal clarity, rang twice again in her ears. Daiya could have been watching it all unfold like a holo-film, but for the sense that she was there right now, lying on the couch. That very real couch, in the very real room, with the very real smoke drifting up from the joint Hex held between her fingers.

Daiya reached over to take the joint for herself, recoiling from a jolt of static electricity that passed between them. She cried out in shock, the hair on her arms rising in alarm from another sympathetic transfer between the girls. She pressed her lips around the joint as she laid back, her face contorted in the pain she wouldn't let her body voice.

"Chit, Hex. That's like a fething curse." She took a drag on the joint, holding back the whimper that came to her lips. Every word from her friend's mouth sounded familiar, even if painting circumstances so unlike her own. The broad strokes, the patterns, the color in Hex's voice, all of them spoke to Daiya of a more familiar curse.

"Those accursed 'friends' sound like a buncha two-faced motherfethers."

Daiya would know better than most. The pain of it simmered beneath the surface, threatening to burst, and she tried to calm it with a long breath.

"Chit, Hex. Chit, chit, chit!" The floodgates opened and Daiya's whimpering mouth spilled out all the thoughts she had. Anger rolled out in place of pain, her vitriolic cries spilling out to the ceiling and anything else in her way. "Those fething curses, I hate them! I can't believe they got you too, Hex."

The teen's hands were reaching blindly, grasping around something firm. Something tangible. It wasn't her curse, or Hex's, but it was something adding one more bit of weight to her life.

She threw it past the top of the couch, hearing it land somewhere in the kitchen beyond. "Fething chit, how the feth?!"

Hex Hex

Last edited:
  • Love

Hex speech to others
Hex speech to herself

Hexes inner voices
'...Neutral...'
'...Doubt...'
'...Anger...'

"Daiya..." came a soft and hurt voice, the anger and vitriol coming from her friend took her by suprise and she didn't know how to respond. "It's.. its not a curse, its just me... you promised" Tears were welling up in her eyes. Hex stood and put her hands on her head walking across the room away from Daiya.

'...Its what you get, it's what you deserve, how else was she going to act?...'
"I told you! She's... different!"
'...Doesn't seem that way to me...'

Hex's head snapped round and there was anger in her eyes as she looked at Daiya, she had to fight the urge not to attack her, and punch her right in that lying face. She wanted too, but she couldn't. Hex gritted her teeth and punched the wall next to her... hard, she cracked the plastic coating on the wall and then stood with her back to Daiya.

"If you can't handle it I'll leave, you'll never have to see me again, you won't be the first and you won't be the last, it's no skin off my nose." Her breaking voice would tell Daiya that that wasn't true. "But I...."

'...Don't you dare!...'
"No, I've gone this far, she needs to know, and then she can decide what to do with us."

She turned back towards the wall, it would be easier to not look at her while she exposed herself.

"So, there's three of them, one of them is just there, they tell me about things, they even help me when I fight by telling me about attackers, I can handle her fine.

But then there is the other two. One of them just tries to bring me down all the time, it's horrible, but she keeps me safe, stops me making a fool out of myself, I guess, so she can't be all bad.

But the last one, he's the quietest, and that's a good thing. He is so filled with anger, so much hatred, when he speaks he is usually telling me to hurt people, it's not fair, but we'll, that's what it is."

She sighed deep and loudly, the joint was not with her but she needed the space from Daiya to keep them both safe, but her anger was falling and she was coming back under control.

"So that's me, I can go if you want, and find someone else to put up with me for a little while, but I hope you don't, I can mostly control my stuff, if I am careful." A thought suddenly came to her about Daiya's anger

I can't believe they got you too, Hex."

"This isn't your first experience with chit like this is it?" Had Hex been so wrapped up in her own defensive posture that she had entirely missed the point of Daiya's anger? Her eyes widened with the dawning reality that she might have missed something so obvious, she looked at Daiya in the reflection on the wall as Tears continued down her face.

Daiya seethed in frustration, her hands already grabbing for the next item. It felt good to hold it, feeling the weight of it in her hands, knowing that in a second more it would be nothing but shards. She hurled it forward, but the lightweight decoration just fluttered on layers of air, sinking slowly to the floor unscathed. The teen growled, flopping back on the couch to let her head sink into the plus cushion. Solutions eluded her, now destruction eluded her, and she didn't know what else to do.

She was sick to feth of curses.

Caught up in the volume of her own emotions, Daiya barely heard the quiet voice speaking to her. She blinked, staring at a hole in the wall that had appeared in the meantime. Her eyes traced the form of the blue girl standing nearby, turned away from her. The teen gaped open-mouthed, measuring the distance from where they were before. Both were far away from just two girls on the couch, enjoying a hazy evening of sharing.

"What just happened?" Daiya found herself asking it to the room, a sobering quality to the words. She fell as silent as the answer to her question, another answer settling down in its place. She itched in place, and her limbs fidgeted, finding a couch cushion to grasp. Daiya didn't throw it this time, just listened, letting her friend explain all of the different voices in her head.

Daiya didn't get to talk to voices, she was just forced to watch Visions uninterested in her response.

She pulled the cushion in closer, hugging it tight. The notion of fairness crossed Daiya's mind, and she tossed it away as easily as another trinket within reach. It left its mark, her watering eyes spilling out against the fabric of the couch, a pit in her stomach born from the easy way Hex offered to leave. To abandon her again, like all of the others, for a reason the teen had never been willing to face.

Because she pushed them away.

"Hex, I..." she started, her voice losing track. The blue girl was quiet, intoning something else. It almost didn't register on Daiya's mind, it barely registered to her that she was standing up now, and it was Hex she had her arms wrapped around. Daiya's tears spilled into her friend's blue braids, her heart upending onto Hex's stony shoulder. "I don't want you to leave, please stay!"

Daiya's stomach convulsed and her chest panted, grasping for air and control again. It seemed impossible to reach, only drawing her arms tighter around her friend, as if Hex might disintegrate if she didn't. The warmth and life in her friend's body was real enough, reassuring enough, to give the teen a moment of strength to speak again. "I swear, everywhere I go, everyone I meet, I spread this fething curse. You're..."

She swallowed, almost unwilling to believe it was true. "You're, like, the first person who sounds like she's had this for a long time, too."

Her chest clutched at her, and Daiya stepped back, breathing hard. She fell back to sit against the couch cushions, a hand pressing on her sternum. Everything in her body wanted to jump out, every part of her wanted to be anywhere but here. Daiya sat on the couch, holding herself down, desperately seeking an answer that might fit like a puzzle piece. "The voices —your friends?— are they..." her voice was barely a whisper now, "...the Force?"

Something like a shudder came over the teen, drawing a long, whimpering breath from her.

"'Cause I guess that's what keeps showing me things." She paused, teeth poised on her quivering bottom lip. "Visions."

Hex Hex

• Love

Hex speech to others
Hex speech to herself

Hexes inner voices
'...Neutral...'
'...Doubt...'
'...Anger...'

Hex cried onto Daiya Daiya shoulder as they held each other tightly. "I don't want to go anywhere, just most people get spooked and run when they realise I might be dangerous." she breathed deeply and slowly released herself from her friend's grip, walking gingerly across the room and pouring water into two glasses before staring in to it.

"It isn't a curse, and it isn't the force, apparently they are..." she switched into a very deadpan clinical tone. "A series of discrete, deep routed and partially suppressed personalities, likely created as a response to traumatic events that the patient is unable or unwilling to process." She sighed and watched the ripples as a tear dropped in to her glass.

'...Do you believe that though?...'
"Of course I fething don't, but that guy is the only thing I remember "
'...and he burned with the others, pity...'
"Stop it, I need to think OK, and I need to..."
she looked back over at Daiya before walking over to her and handing her a glass of water.

Hex gave a wry smile as she spoke. It felt weird to be honest about her true self, with anyone else she would likely be out the window and halfway to the nearest shuttle port by now. "Apparently I do have some of that force chit in me, but the voices came way before they did that stuff to my blood." Hex was a young teen when she had that awful procedure carried out, she didnt fully understand it, but she remembered being told her blood would be modified and one of the results was force sensitivity.

"I'm sorry, Daiya, it's just me... but I need to know what you mean about spreading a curse? Visions?" Her connection to the girl seemed inexplicably strong, maybe it was that, unknown to either of them until now, they shared a similar pain. "Can you, like, see the future?" It was hard for Hex's inquisitive nature not to come through, Daiya might not even be ready to tell her truth, but it was out now.

Breath flowed out of her, lifting a weight from her chest. She had barely even known it was there, until its weight became oppressive a minute ago. Daiya still held her muscles tense, unsure if it would all fly back to her. She had barely started to get to know Hex, and already the blue girl seemed like an indivisible part of her world. As constant as Brie, or Cartri, or Darkwire. She couldn't bear to see Hex leave, or be the cause of a Force curse upon her. The young shadowrunner found an easy temper for her face, pensive yet hopeful, her eyes curious as they followed Hex across the room.

"Sounds like a load of chit!" Daiya managed to crack a joke, and a grin, as Hex intoned in clinical language. It had the ring of something Corpo, or far more technical than she wished to consider, and the teen shook her head. "You said they were friends before. I don't trust the Force to make a good friend." She took the glass from her friend, looking at it soberly. Her thoughts still a jumble, the teen found herself transfixed by the reflection in the water. It rippled with the liquid, warping to take the form of her last Vision. A macabre scene of some twisted Corpo's delight, threatening peril to her friends with only the barest hint of salvation: staying behind on the mission to—

Daiya gasped, spilling water all over her hand as she jumped back. The image dissolved to clarity again, leaving the teen staring at it for longer than a moment. She almost missed what her friend was saying, breathing with a bit too much determination as she stared at the water glass, almost daring it. Her voice was low as she spoke, mainly to bolster herself. "I don't trust the Force."

She looked up to find Hex staring at her, as if waiting. Her eyes passed over the scene, noticing the dampness on her sleeve and the water all over her hand as if for the first time. The teen blinked, shaking her head, "I might need something stronger than this." She took a drink anyway, nearly draining the remainder in the glass. The cool liquid washed over her thoughts, assuaging calm over the tempest of her emotions. It wasn't enough. "Where's that fething joint now?"

"Huh?" Her mind was stuck in the slow lane, forcing Daiya to replay the events as much as she could recall. There was a reason she drew out her Visions, she could never keep them from fading too quickly from her memory. Her mind seemed as set against them as she was, threatening to doom her. Her chest tightened, the weight returning, as if a Vision itself had visited once more. Daiya knew what would happen if she ignored one, and the same, frightening thought shook her now. She stared at Hex, her mouth open, the tip of her tongue reaching for the words that were almost out of reach. "I..."

There it was!

Daiya reached for the joint, but it was a couch cushion she found in her hands instead. Where had the water glass gone? The teen hugged the cushion to her chest, setting her chin on it as her lungs finally relented. She could breathe again, regular and easy, her tongue untwisted for a moment. "I see something."

That wasn't much of an explanation. She plopped down, letting the couch cushion envelope her legs. Daiya wouldn't mind sinking into it, letting herself drift on a plush, foam-filled sea of couch. She could feel it around her sides, her shoulders too, letting it cradle her neck as she laid back again to take in the ceiling above, floating on the placid waters beneath her. "They're pretty awful, fething violent too, Hex!"

"I've died a lot in them, and watched a chitload of friends die, or get hurt, or chit like that." Her words had a cheery, almost detached, mood to them now. Daiya wasn't sure where Hex was at the moment, she just knew her friend could hear her. That was enough. She could answer Hex, tell her all about the Visions just like she had with Brie and Cartri and Yula and...the list went on longer in her head, drifting away from her on a different current. Daiya was riding Hex's current this time, tightening her grip on the cushion that smelled of Blue Girl. "Sometimes I know why, and it's like 'astral, I can just avoid that,' but it's never that fething easy, Hex."

"You should see some of them!" Daiya raised her head, thinking she could get up to fetch her datapad. She thought wrong, and her body refused to progress any further. It sank, deeper and deeper, into the sea of foam in the couch beneath. The teen was giggling, having missed the start of it, and she managed to point an arm toward the bedrooms. "They're all on my datapad, but I can't fething get up!"

For some reaosn, that was the funniest chit in the galaxy right now.

Hex Hex [/centeer]​

• Love

Hex speech to others
Hex speech to herself

Hexes inner voices
'...Neutral...'
'...Doubt...'
'...Anger...'

"My friends don't come from the force though, they have been about.... I guess forever? All the force chit has only been the last....1..2...3...4? Oh wow! Four years... really?" She had been improved when she was thirteen years old, she was about to add that to her explanation but she was distracted by the erratic behaviour of her friend. She giggled as she watched Daiya searching for the joint that lay smoking in a tray on the counter top. She smirked again as Daiya started wrestling with a cushion.

'...Its right there hand it to her...'
Hex put her finger to her lips to silence her friend, she wanted to hear what Daiya was going to say without interrupting her flow.

And what a flow it was, the woman looked as though she was dancing with the smoke and her mind was floating from place to place. It seemed so crazy, but not, Hex knew enough that the force could tell the future but to know her friend was being shown the future was shocking. She listened and found herself walking almost without thinking towards Daiya's blinking pad on the side of the counter. "That's pretty dark, i gotta see this, have I ever died in one of them?" She hadn't technically known Daiya that long, but she couldn't help herself but be curious.

She flopped down on the sofa lying next to Daiya and giggled, the sofa was too small to lie together like this, but in their stoned confusion they just melted together as one person. "Here you go, it's locked so your going to have to show.... ooh, you've got a message from Cartri let's see what that says." she tried the password once to see if she could guess it, but it didn't work. "boooooo" and she handed the pad to her friend.

Fits of giggling plagued the pink-haired teen, leaving her out of breath on the living room couch. She gasped, interspersed with more giggles, reveling in the moment. Her fears came willingly spilling out, shared with laughter and the feeling of comfort. Daiya would have been too terrified otherwise, she kept her secret tightly protected.

Daiya let out a long breath, then sighed with relief as her giggles disappeared. She let Hex drape alongside her, filling in the gaps on the cushions she didn't cover. Without enough room for both of them, the teen girls simply laid against one another, sharing the couch and a warmth between them. Only the cushion, still cradled in her arms, stayed between the two.

"I dunno, the Visions come when they want," she explained, pulling the cushion tighter to her chest. Hex's bony knees and hips pressed into her, and something in Daiya wanted her to move. She stayed put. If she didn't go looking for discomfort in her mind right now, it didn't appear, and the teen was happy to keep it that way. She felt bizarrely happy, self-assured that absolutely nothing could go wrong right now. "I think I'd remember if I saw you already. Lately it's more like—"

Her cheeks grew hot when Hex mentioned the exact being, summoned by her very thoughts. Then again, the boy occupied so many of her thoughts lately, he didn't respond to all of them. "Oh my stars!" Daiya giggled and traded the cushion for her datapad, sheltering it awkwardly so she could unlock the device. That datapad contained her whole universe, the secrets stored there were as precious to Daiya as her life. "It's probably just another funny holo. Or maybe he's finally sending that playlist he keeps promising to make for me."

Daiya giggled again as she read the message. Her eyes traced over the words, each one conjuring up the image of her boyfriend. For a few, longing, moments it was Cartri she wished to be cuddled next to on the couch, running her fingers through his pretty, ginger curls. She leaned forward, her face drawing near to his, and it was almost like he was here. The teen's face flushed again and she pressed the datapad to her chest, giggling and shrinking back against the couch cushions. "Oh no, I can't show you this one, Hex..."

<--Hey Hotshot, How things been today? I was just asking if you wanted to come round my place for a meal cooked by the most handsome ginger in the galaxy. Then, after that, we can watch a movie and see where the night takes us ;)
Love you always,
Cartri-->

She peered at it again, her heart leaning on every word. Hair flew as the teen shook her head, vigorously defending the datapad, and its message, from prying eyes. Even from the girl she'd just bared her soul to. "Nope, nuh-uh," Daiya fought bitterly against the grin that spread over her face, her voice barely a whisper now. "It's confidential!"

Hex speech to others
Hex speech to herself

Hexes inner voices
'...Neutral...'
'...Doubt...'
'...Anger...'

"Confeee-dential, confi-DENshul, confeee-den-shooal... nope doesn't ring any bells" she playfully stuck her tongue out at her friend, and shoved her with her shoulder before walking her fingers across the top of the pad. "My fingers think they are people." she giggled before her eyes lit up looking over Daiya's shoulder and a devilish smile crept to one side of her face. "I don't mean to alarm you... but I think I can see the very last nutter butter cookie just casually sitting there as if it owns the place."

Daiya turned around on the sofa, reaching hungrily for the cookie that Hex had spotted... But it was all the most cunning of ruses, for there was no cookie, there was only the opportunity for Hex to snatch the pad and quickly open the message. She sat upright to get out of reach and grinned as she read the beautiful words from Cartri Keswoll Cartri Keswoll before holding the pad to her chest. "Awww Daiya, that's so sweet, he's so lovely... I don't get this bit about the night taking you somewhere when you already went out, but it's sweet." The stoned blue haired girl would fall back in to the sofa this a flumph, still clutching the pad to her chest. She smiled warmly like she was cuddling a loved one.

'...You know it isn't for you... don't you?...'
'...nobody would write such nice things like that to you...'

Her smile faded as she felt sorry for herself and a sparkle of tear formed in her eyes. She loosened her grip on the pad and allowed her friend to take it.

She spoke to Daiya in a quiet and nearly hoarse voice. "They always know what to say to spoil everything."

"Con-fee-den, con-fee..." Daiya started slowly, enunciating like a schoolteacher until she stopped. The teen frowned and pressed the datapad closer to her chest, looking over to the blue-haired girl next to her. She giggled at the pink tongue from Hex's mouth, the sight of it softening the edge of her hazy thoughts. "It doesn't even seem like a real word now, I dunno where I was going with that."

"Oh right!" She held up the pad, the screen adjusted so that Hex couldn't read it. "It's mine, all mine!" Her eyes gazed over the message again, blurring as a fit of giggles left them unfocused. It was the most precious thing in the galaxy to her right now, she would do anything to safeguard it from harm or prying eyes.

Daiya would lay down her life for that cookie.

How the Nutter Butter got in her hands might have been a mystery, but its promise of flavor was anything but. Daiya could smell it, the crumbly feeling of its crusts leaving a slick grease on her fingers. Her stomach grumbled, clawing up through her throat to grab at it, pushing the cookie into her mouth. The salty, fatty, savory flavors mixed together as Daiya bit down, chewing the crunchy and buttery layers together into a precious experience she might never have again.

"Huh?" the teen asked, her mouth still full. She gaped at Hex, who was reading her datapad, with the most precious thing in the galaxy to her written on the screen. Daiya's eyes darted between the screen and the crumbs on her fingers, shoving them into her armpits as she made a choice. "Hey! That was con-fee—feth it, that was mine!"

Daiya grumbled to herself, tucking her chin into her chest. She watched it rise and fall a few times, her brow furrowing as she contemplated something in the distance. The dim lighting of the apartment played tricks on her eyes, swarming in multitudes of shapes and colors that didn't seem real until the hairs on her arms stood up in alarm. The chill on her skin settled in slowly, until the teen begrudgingly rolled closer to Hex again.

"He's just being funny," Daiya offered as she propped herself up on an elbow, feeling warmer with the heat passing between their close bodies. She pried the datapad back easily, her cheeks growing hot with its presence. "Cartri..." She felt giggles tickle her throat again, embarrassment not enough to keep the teen's lips from moving. "One time he spent an hour with his shirt off, just showing off his muscles and talking about his workouts."

She giggled for a few minutes more with that memory, hugging the datapad to her chest. If she didn't blink or breathe for a moment, it could be the real thing. The real Cartri lying here next to Daiya, feeling the heat between them as she enjoyed the closeness of their bodies. A voice that sounded almost as low as his spoke, but the words didn't sound anything like Cartri.

"Your friends?" Daiya asked at the ominous statement from Hex. Still hugging the datapad to her chest again, she put a hand on her friend's shoulder, squeezing a little. A grin spread over her face, a thought prompting her hand to squeeze down her friend's arm. "Just gotta show 'em your muscles."

The teen whistled in admiration. "Feth girl, you really work out. Could give Knuckles a run for his creds."

Hex Hex

• Love

Hex speech to others
Hex speech to herself

Hexes inner voices
'...Neutral...'
'...Doubt...'
'...Anger...'

As Daiya Daiya squeezed her muscle Hex couldn't help but giggle at the feeling. "That's why I'm so cool, I'm secretly your boyfriend in a wig!" she laughed and flexed. It was useful to be strong, it helped with riding her board and also carting around firearms on missions, she flexed her muscles a little bit and then just stopped, motionless for just a few seconds, then looked at Daiya confused. "What did you say again? Something about muscles? Maybe go and work out with knuckles some time?"

She picked up and took a very last drag on the joint and then looked at it disappointed, holding it close enough to her face to make her go cross eyed. "Did I already finish this? Hmmm?"

She put it down and rolled closer to Daiya, pushing her head in to the girl's shoulder. Hex was already enjoying this young woman's company and felt they would get along. Hex closed her eyes and began to murmur.

'...I think the pink girl might have taken the last tote...
"It's cool, she'll get the next one."

Daiya grinned as her friend flexed the muscles under her exploring fingers, giggling at the joke. If it was a joke. For a moment, the teen found herself staring particularly hard at Hex's hairline and face, searching for signs of a disguising wig and makeup. Her fingers brushed against Hex's cheek before she finally decided, "You're not Cartri!" Her words were laced with a disappointment, and the teen slumped onto her back. "I wish it was that easy."

She giggled again, her limbs feeling as if they weighed nothing. The teen stretched them out, looking at their lean figure. They would climb and pull her body up, but her arms were not made for throwing much of a punch. "We actually just started, y'know?"

Her arms nearly tried a punch, feisty and wired by the discussion, when she felt the weight of Hex on her shoulder. Daiya stopped herself short, offering her friend a grin instead. A hand came up to wrap around the blue girl's head, running lightly through her long, blue hair. She found herself babbling idly, words falling off her tongue as she snuggled close to her new roommate and friend.

"And don't think it's just an excuse to see him without a shirt on, he doesn't do it that often. It's more about just being around him, y'know? Any old being could train me..."

Hex Hex

• Love

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom