Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mission Picture Perfect

Objective: Try to swim
Tags: Daiya Daiya / Kal Kal / Marcella Fiora Marcella Fiora / Ivory Stroud Ivory Stroud / Gabriel Lynch / Diocletian Kahmen’’a Diocletian Kahmen’’a

The sun beamed down on top of the pale teen as he chilled out to the max on the chair, peacefully looking up into the sky through his blue tinted sunglasses that protected his precious eyes. This was a huge difference compared to the constant noise on Denon, which threatened to take away his hearing if get didn't decide to move out of the run down flat. Although, it was the best he could do for now.

Looking across the pool his glasses lowered slightly as he spotted Ivory sitting further down across the water, taking in the sun and doing nothing out of the ordinary. Soon enough, a familiar face in Daiya arrived and sat next to the mob boss in her pool wear. He glared at her for a few more moments and grinned, an idea coming to mind as Ivory seemed to order a drink from one of her servants. Instead of simply walking over to them, he was going to take a dip in the shallow area and make his way over. The only problem was, he didn't know how to swim at all. Sure, it wasn't deep, but it was still a risk to do.

Cartri leaned up from his chair and gracefully took his top off, only leaving his swimming shorts for the pool to swim in. He jumped up from his seat and made his way over to the ladder, which allowed him to simply climb instead of jumping, an idea that seemed wiser considering his ability. Hesitantly, Cartri made his way down until his foot touched the water. To his surprise, the water was quite cold. Why didn't they have any pools heaters or something?! they were big enough to afford some. Even so, Cartri was still determined to get across to meet the ladies.

Making a deep sigh, he let go of the ladder and let his body drop into the pool until his feet touched the bottom. The cold water went up to his chest area as he suddenly shivered and gasped, completely out of his comfort zone in the shallow end of a pool. Slowly but surely, he began to walk over to the girls while at the same time trying to keep his perfect hair dry. The closer he got the less deep it became and before long he managed to reach the steps close by, "H-hello you two..." he shuddered slightly, wasting no time to walk himself out and head over to them. Thankfully, his hair was still quite dry but the same could be said for anything else. Standing in front of the pair, he looked between them and lightly jumped up and down to try and regain some heat.

"One of you got a spare towel by any chance? that water was freezing..."

Location: The Resort Hotel, Lobby > Hotel Rooms., later at the bigger of the resort's bars
Objective: Espionage and Intel Gathering
Equipment: Scimitar Railgun Carbine Rifle Thermal Detonators
Tag: Ivory Stroud Ivory Stroud | Gabriel Lynch | Daiya Daiya | Cartri Keswoll Cartri Keswoll | Marcella Fiora Marcella Fiora | Gabriel Lynch

HlLr6G6.png

The day is moving on and he wanted to be useful, he knew from himself that if the lure of drink wasn't so tempting, he would be holed up in his room, sharpening his weapon or having a sleep, those beds looked very comfy. But the job took priority and he knew that Gabe didn't want to be disturbed, he knew that because he hated being disturbed too, he after all preferred to not have others around.

So, he has to think of a new way about his idea of being useful. He was not new to solo espionage, he's done it before. Before it was dissolved. The trickier thing about this is where to start.

Downing his final drink for the moment, Diocletian placed creds onto the table before leaving to begin his mission. There are so many that have to be assessed for any information that may be useful. He starts where everything begins, the guest register/guestbook.

Not drawing attention to what he was up to, the Ubese flicked through it, at least in the weeks before and after the incident. No names stick out to him in a ringing doorbell kind of way, but he always liked the name Ivy though. He decided to download it anyway, just in case of something he missed.

To add to the covert operation, he signed the book himself, he had nothing much to say, he complimented the bars at least. So now he needs another lead, he would have gone to Gabe but, something told him that there will be a no in the resulting ask. Diocletian was resourceful without help anyway and good at getting passes from employee pockets, this one was to the staff rooms and corridors. He won't be using it just yet. Eyes were on him, and he needs to come back later when everyone is more distracted.

slQCnMc.png

(Post Soundtrack: "Something NEw" by Girls Aloud)

The water rushed past her swimming form, legs kicking to drive herself deeper into freedom. The teen found the sandy bottom, and grabbed a handful of sand before kicking off for the surface. It fell from her grip before she could break the surface, water streaming from her face and hair as she drew a clear, refreshing breath from the cool air above the resort's pool.

Daiya swam for a bit more before wading out of the watery basin towards Ivory and her claimed chair. She pulled back damp hair from her face, wringing the water back with her hands until she reached the chairs. "The water's great, you should try it, Ivory!"

Grabbing one of the last towels laying folded on the small wooden table nearby, the teen dried off her face and legs while still standing. Then she grabbed for the sarong to tie around her waist again, and laid back on the lounge chair with the towel around her shoulders. "This is the life!"

At that moment, one of the wait-staff joined the two women bearing twin glasses - a mixture of tropical colors, garnished with fruit. "Your meltdowns, madam." The handsome young man offered them to Ivory who took one, then gestured toward her companion. The youth's skin appeared golden & his dark hair and whiskey-brown eyes gave off an exotic impression. He turned toward Daiya, seeming to pause and stare at her - whether admiring or debating on asking her age, neither Ivory or Daiya could be sure. He smiled at the beautiful blonde, offered her the drink, then made himself scarce.

Ivory watched him leave over the rim of her sunglasses, then took a sip from the straw. The drink was delicious. "Well, it seems both of you have excellent taste." The Donna said in a jesting tone.

Daiya blushed under the waiter's gaze, plaintive eyes willing the towel to stick against her damp arms as she took the glass from him. They flicked over to Ivory, the woman's purring words only made her blush deeper. A giggle bubbled over lips chiding at the woman, "Ivory!" before taking a sip of the drink. Ivory wasn't wrong about the drink, and it set the teen back in the relaxing state as soon as its sweet liquid slipped down her throat. "I am so happy to be back on a planet, spaceflight fething murders me."

Mmm, Ivory purred, licking her lips and settling into her chair. The warmth of the daylight streaming down upon her like a waterfall warmed her bones; a delightful change from the dull and dreary confines of the city planets where she spent most of her time. "What's the deal with that?" She asked. "I noticed you seemed to be feeling unwell, but you said nothing."

The teen looked up from her drink, a refuge of calming liquid, to peer at the raven-haired woman. "You don't get that?" She didn't even have to close her eyes to remember the sensation of the starship's gravity plating, the feeling of wrongness under her, the time spent curled up in a ball, clutching her stomach and waiting for it all to be over. "The gravity is all wrong on ships," Daiya explained, and took another sip of her drink. She stuck her tongue out, colored intensely red by the drink, "Makes me wanna hurl."

The Donna studied her friend, sipping on her own drink… then shook her head. “Nope. I can’t say I’ve ever had that problem.” Her head tilted to one side as she tried to recall in her distant memory. “I can’t remember ever meeting anyone who had that problem, either. Has it been happening your whole life? Is there anything that helps it?

"Bigger ships," the teen offered dryly, another sip of the drink quenched another thirst. Wind shifted the leaves of the trees around them, and Daiya found herself distracted by it. "Do you think those are real trees here?" Not much green on Denon was, beside credits and envy. She looked back at Ivory. "I have to use anti-nausea pills on the tiny ones or I really will throw up. On yours, I just feel awful the whole way."

Ivory looked up as well at the sudden gentle breeze, smiling inwardly as she took a deep breath through her nose - drawing in the scent of ocean spray and sweet-smelling exotic flowers. She closed her eyes for a moment, allowing herself to be completely present in the moment… then opening her mouth to reply to Daiya’s question: “Oh, yes. They’re definitely real.

Ivory could feel the living, breathing, pulsing Force moving through the ground and rising high into the sky, but she didn’t elaborate.

That really sucks, honey.” She replied, opening her eyes and giving Daiya a motherly look of worry. “What if I have them dial back the gravity a tick?” She asked, curious to approach the problem and attempt a solution. Even if it was a temporary one.

"I think that might just make it worse. It's better on planets, I don't know what would happen in null-g." The teen grimaced at the thought, and almost drained the rest of her glass. She could feel the warmth of the liquid in her veins, complementing the warmth of the sun on her skin. It was enough to make Daiya pull back the damp towel around her shoulders, flicking it off the edges of the chair behind her, settling in to let her arms and shoulders soak up more of the sun. "I just stick to planetside, then I don't risk suddenly floating to the ceiling at any minute, either."

A sudden idea dawned in Ivory’s brain like a supernova. With a sly, creeping grin, she reached out for the small silver cigarra case sitting beside her clutch purse, retrieved it, and popped it open… holding it out toward her friend. “One of these cigarras might make you rethink that assumption.” She said, playfully. The look in her eyes was filled with a bright twinge of mad mischievousness, and she was grinning like a devil tempting a wayward soul.

Daiya brought a foot down on the beach sand beside her chair, stamping on it a few times to demonstrate. "I'm on the ground, I'm not worried." She leaned over to take one of the proffered cigarras, examining the paper tube between her fingers. "I'm not even afraid of heights! So, how do I...oh—" the teen's surprise was quickly replaced with a grin, and an unlit side of the cigarra as she leaned toward the woman's chair.

As Daiya leaned in, Ivory produced her lighter - a custom P-Series burner which looked sleek & sophisticated - and triggered it, producing a bright sapphire-blue flame which steadily roared like a tiny jet engine. She offered the flame toward her companion, lighting the cigarra for her. The tip of the cigarra flared brightly as it caught, producing a pleasantly sweet, herbal aroma.

Alright.. Now just puff on it, first. Don’t inhale until you’re ready. Small breaths.” She said, attempting to coach the young woman through her first smoke. A warm feeling of pride welled up in Ivory’s bosom as she studied Daiya’s face, hoping she didn’t convulse into a coughing fit.

And try to remember, you’re not actually flying.” Her mischievous grin spread from ear to ear as she teased.

The teen stamped the ground once more, sending some sand flying under her heel, and grinned at the advice. She blew out cautiously, then quickly more, before her lungs insisted on taking a long drag through the cigarra. Daiya found herself consumed by a violent coughing fit, gagging and scraping her tongue at the sensation until she mastered control again. "Ugh, this tastes like chit." She pulled the cigarra away, narrowed eyes accusing the burning tube of rolled irritation. "You like these?"

The cigarra smelled better than it tasted, but the teen tried another experimental breath, smaller this time. She managed only a single cough, grimacing at the spasm in her lungs. "Yeah, I dunno Ivory," Daiya handed the cigarra to the woman, "I think I prefer drinking."

Ivory reached out, daintily accepting the still-smoking, barely-depleted cigarra. She giggled faintly, bringing it to her own lips and taking a drag - holding her breath for a moment before exhaling and leaning back in her beach chair. “Give it a minute.” She said, then took a second drag. Absently, she tapped the tip of her finger toward the cherry, dropping some ash on the ground.

"I don't wait if I can help it," Daiya scoffed at the woman's prediction, taking her drink back in hand again. The teen finished it off with a contented smack of her lips, keeping hold of the cooled glass under her palm. Her thumb ran over the smooth surface of the glass vessel, finding an odd satisfaction in the sensation.

Ivory had already noticed Cartri on the other side of the pool, but hadn’t pointed him out, enjoying their private moment together. She had been watching as the redheaded teenager waded into the shallow area and began making his way across the pool toward them. He looked completely out of his element. When he greeted them, she gave him a little hand-wave, taking another drag of the relaxing narcotic & exhaling.

It took a moment more for the teen to notice the shivering boy stuttering a greeting to them. Daiya recoiled at Cartri's appearance, suddenly overcome by just how exposed he was. It was far easier to see the bulk he had put on during his stint in juvie now, the firm lines raised across his broad chest, the tight contours of his biceps. A giggle tensed at the back of her throat, rushing forward at the sight of his ginger hair and freckles bouncing with the boy as he tried to stay warm against the water dripping from his toned frame.

"One of you got a spare towel by any chance? That water was freezing..."

"But why?" The amused teen couldn't help herself, bursting with a constrained giggle. She leaned back against the towel behind her head, pulling up both legs and wrapping one arm around her knees in a pose that made her ready to watch. There was a creeping euphoria building in her chest, drawing out words she could have only considered before. "It's nice and sunny, and look at you. Flaming hair and strapping body? Just think warm thoughts and you’ll be dry in no time!"

Her lips turned down in a mocking pout, the giggle spilling forth at last. Daiya turned to Ivory, who was already waiting with the dry towel for Cartri’s request. It slid into her open hands, and then she turned back to the boy. “You barely even got wet!

Daiya unfolded the towel over the sarong wrapped over her legs, a coy grin teasing Cartri the whole time. Her eyes never wavered from their gaze, transfixed by the masculine body before her. It was hard to ignore the way her heart skipped every other beat beneath her fluttering breast. For all her misgivings about him before, she had to admit it to herself now. Cartri was hot.

(Written jointly with Ivory Stroud Ivory Stroud )

Objective: Chill with Daiya and Ivory
Tags: Daiya Daiya / Ivory Stroud Ivory Stroud / Diocletian Kahmen’’a Diocletian Kahmen’’a / Marcella Fiora Marcella Fiora / Gabriel Lynch

“I don’t know what you’re looking at Daiya but my whole body is! Can you just give me the towel? I’m going to freeze to death here…”

Daiya gave the shivering teen a smirk from her lazy spot in the sun, clicking her tongue at his predicament. She wasn't exactly out to hurt Cartri, but he'd put her through worse than this, he could stand to suffer a bit. "Oh my stars. Don't be so dramatic, Cartri. You won't freeze, you're too hot for that."

Ivory had been listening quietly to the exchange, saying nothing - taking the moment to sip her drink. Daiya's personality had taken a turn, it seemed. Inwardly, The Donna wasn't sure whether to be proud or regretful.

His head looked back to Daiya with a smirk, clearly amused by the flirtatious comments she was doing “What’s got into your drink? You’ve never said that to me before” he said with a shake of his head “Now come on, please give me the towel Daiya. You wouldn’t want to watch me turn into a cube of ice, would you?

The bikini-clad teen blinked at the obtuse boy for a moment, glancing back at Ivory as if to confirm the woman was seeing the same thing she was. She didn't think the liquor and cigarra had put her that out of it. Daiya shrugged back at Cartri, pointing out the obvious, "You've never taken your shirt off to me before." Her hands played with the towel spread over her legs, "Oh, did you need this one?"

Cartri looked town to his midsection and slowly rolled his eyes. Of course, she would say that as soon as he finally took his top off, girls these days… “Hmph, well you don’t say Daiya. Now I’m afraid you’ll never take your eyes off me” he said sarcastically with a chuckle, eyeing up the towel spread across her legs “Y-yes…” he shuddered, his hand trying to reach over and grab it.

Daiya pulled her knees back to her chest, her arm holding the towel hostage. The comfort of the closeness and the fabric against her skin offered a measure of comfort to the teen, instilling the confidence to point her free hand out to him and waggle a finger. "No, no, I promised myself I was going to be strictly 'look but don't touch' for this mission."

Behind her sunglasses, hidden from view, Ivory rolled her eyes.

Tilting his head slightly, his arms humorously began to open wide “Is that so? What if I accidentally stumble forwards and wrap you in the world’s coldest hug?” he laughed sinisterly, getting increasingly closer “I’d pass it over before that little promise of yours is broken!”

"Feth that.” Daiya leaned in as he reached over, taking advantage of his close approach. She lashed out with a hand, a finger flicking at the sensitive nipple on his chest. The teen giggled, brushing at his arm as she retreated, snaking back to her lounging pose on the chair.

“Yaaaaaawwwwww!” Cartri yelled before jumping backward and putting two hands on his chest “Daiya… that’s cheap!” he giggled lightly, the smile on his face soon turning into glum “Why are you torturing me like like this? I bet it’s the pleasure of watching me suffer isn’t it?” grumbled the teen, slowly sitting at the end of the lounge with a shake.

"'Cause it's funny,” Daiya declared as Cartri sat at the edge of her chair. She ran a foot down to nudge the ginger teen, a playful delight in her toes and voice, "I'll do the other one too, if you want.

“Oh no you don’t! Believe it or not, it actually hurts immensely!” Cartri stated, wrapping his arms around himself to try and stop himself from lightly shaking “Ivory… please do something I beg you”

In answer to his plea, Ivory casually reached out, offering the still-smoldering cigarra in Cartri's direction.

She'd kept silent through their exchange, content to smirk and simply bear witness. Rather than chaperone, she figured she'd at least provide a little "spice" - so, she'd get them both altered, then unleash them on the resort.

A raise of a brow was the first thing Cartri did from the offering of the cigarra, not from surprise but from intrigue. During his time in Juvie, the kids managed to get their hands on them from the small contraband network. Cartri himself was skeptical at first, although he finally caved in when he figured to try anything that could lower his stress.

His hand reached over without a word before slowly placing it to his mouth, taking the time to suck in before cooly blowing out the smoke into the open air. He looked back to Ivory and gave the crime lord a small nod of thanks “You seem to know me too well Ivory” He said with a grin, taking another drag and blowing smoke in Daiya’s direction.

The smoke in her face made the teen's nose wrinkle as she coughed again, waving a hand in front of her face. "Ivory, you're a terrible influence.” Daiya stuck her tongue out at Cartri, a pang of envy coursing through her system at his ease with the cigarra. She leaned forward again, "Gimme that? I'll trade you a towel...

Ivory returned Daiya's assertion of her being a terrible adult with a grin in the young woman's direction.

“Fine, I guess that’s a fair trade” Cartri chuckle before taking another quick puff and handing it over to Daiya in trade for the warm towel he desperately needed to get dry “I knew you could sort this out Ivory…” The teen smiled, wrapping the towel around his body with another shudder “You know what, I might head back inside and some feeling back into my toes again” he remarked, looking over to Daiya who was busy taking another puff of the cigarra.

"I hear they have fantastic saunas." Ivory offered, taking another sip from her drink. She waited until Daiya finished her latest coughing fit before reaching out for the smoking stub the three of them were sharing. "If you're lucky, you might even find an unoccupied one."

Daiya focused this time when she took the cigarra back from Cartri, cutting herself off after just a short breath. Her lungs strained this time, but she didn't cough. The teen's lips drew into a thin line, holding back the breath as long as she could before exhaling. Her voice came slow and forced, "Can't avoid—blegh,” before she handed the cigarra back to Ivory again. A twinge of regret passed through her fingers at the absent tube, but the teen stuffed it down. That stuff was not for her. Daiya cleared her throat and tried again, "Can't avoid being relaxed here.

She drummed her toes against Cartri's back, giggling as she swung her feet over the side of the chair. "Come on, Cartri,” Daiya tapped his shoulders, knocking her head in the direction of the hotel again. She let her damp hair fall against her face, shielding her dancing eyes from all but his view. "We'll get some feeling back in you.

“Fantastic…” he said with a smile as he felt her tap his shoulders. Getting up from the sun lounge to stretch off for a few short moments, looking over to the hotel in anticipation. Compared to Daiya, Cartri didn’t seem to be coughing at all from the smoke. He did all that back in the prison, and thankfully it stopped the more he hesitantly used it.

Cartri smiled at Ivory for the suggestion and offered a wave “See you around Ivory, I’m sure you’ll finally find peace without Daiya beside you” He teased with a giggle, before beginning to walk in the direction of the hotel entrance.

"Oh, you're just saying that to be mean ‘cause I teased you with the towel,” Daiya muttered as she stood up, skipping through the sand to follow close behind the flaming-haired teen.

Ivory grinned at the two teenagers, having expected they'd leave as a pair. She took a drag from the cigarra, then flicked it into the pool - casually disregarding whatever rules the resort might have on such a thing. She watched them leave, giving them a polite wave, before settling into her chair once again. Some peace and quiet was exactly what she needed.

Daiya caught up to Cartri, throwing her hands on his broad shoulders, using them as leverage to lean close on tip-toes. In a low voice, she told him, "I'm a-mazing to have around, just try to argue.

Walking along he unexpectedly felt her hands take hold of his shoulders, using them as a way to whisper in his ear. Cartri rolled his eyes and grinned, continuing to walk along with the girl in tow “Hmph… maybe you have me stumped with that” he admitted, unable to lie to the girl he admired.

A melody of giggles issued from the teen as she followed her quarry, squeezing into his shoulders while she tried to match his bigger strides. Daiya could feel the sum of her warmth and giddiness flowing through her fingertips as she worked them into the firm shoulder muscles beneath her hands. They tingled with the sensation, feedback in her fingers confirming everything her eyes had decided about Cartri.

Sighing calmly, Daiya began to massage his shoulders which helped him loosen up as they both stepped into the elevator “You know what, you’re really hitting the spot there…” he groaned as his eyes closed in relaxment, “I think I have my massage person right here” Cartri chuckled “Want to head back to my room instead?” While his hand hovered over the floor all of them were on.

Daiya's eyes fluttered wide to see they were already inside the hotel. The sudden shift didn't bother her so much as the delayed realization from her stomach and limbs, drawing an arm down from the teen to her torso. "Oh my stars, where did that come from?” she asked herself. To Cartri she shook her head, "I'm starving all of the sudden. Let’s get something to eat.

The reaction from Daiya seemed to set off a chain reaction to Cartri too. A few seconds later his stomach began to rumble with a sudden urge to eat “Yea… let's save that massage for later shall we?” he said as a hand went across his stomach, “I could really use a burger right now” Cartri grumbled, pressing the button to their floor “I’m going to get into something more appropriate first, fancy meeting me at that burger place next to the arcadium?”

The teen looked down at her body, the swimwear and sarong didn't seem so out of place to her at a resort. She pulled her arms back, wrapping them both around her torso and shrugged. "This isn't good enough for a burger place?” Daiya giggled, shaking her head again at the boy's priorities, "Fine, I guess. I just want food, I don't care what we look like.

“Hmph, that’s what you think” Cartri joked just before the sound of the elevator went Ding! To indicate they were on the floor they requested. Turning around to Daiya, he slowly put his face forward and delivered a peck on her lips “Go get changed Daiya!” the teen laughed, beginning to walk backward and step out of the elevator.

Daiya could have let that kiss last forever, she reached for Cartri as he pulled away laughing. The teen followed him out, the lean boy's footwork just one step ahead of hers. "You know I'm just going to get you back later, right?” The teen threw back a laugh mimicking his, then turned to her door. She pulled out her key and slipped it into place, glancing back at him one last time before it latched closed.

“You can try!” Cartri chuckled back when he reached his door, using the key to open it. Before he closed it, he stared back into the eyes of Daiya until the door closed. Leaving his heart to flutter in anticipation of what was to come.

(Joint post with Daiya Daiya and Ivory Stroud Ivory Stroud

Code Of Silence
Factory Judge
Ivory spent the next thirty minutes or so resting in the sun before she finally pulled herself from the beach chair, rising to her feet and stretching. The bright Lorinian sunlight dappled her skin, giving it a pleasantly healthy glow. Her lithe body, covered only by the slim one-piece bikini, attracted the looks of a number of resort-goers milling about the pool; she smiled to herself, reaching up with slender fingers to remove her sunglasses. Her long black hair had been pulled up into an elegantly simple braid which shortened her hair to her shoulder blades (where normally it would have fallen to the middle of her back). Her plethora of tattoos were on full display.

She took a step toward the water, bare feet pressing into the sand. She sighed pleasantly - the sensation one she enjoyed. The cool water of the pool received her gratefully as she dove beneath in perfect swimmer’s form. All sound became muted as she went deep underwater & her skin tingled from the cold like pins & needles across her entire body… but it invigorated her. Made her feel alive.

As her head broke the surface a few yards out, she let out a great woosh of air - flicking her head to keep her hair from her eyes and treading water, looking around the beach. She took a deep breath to fill her lungs with the clean, sweet-smelling Lorinian air, then dove beneath the surface again… Below, she felt alone. Private. Intimate with her own thoughts. Far away from the Galaxy.

40 minutes had passed before she finally exited the pool, having exhausted herself swimming laps to & fro from one end of the pool to the other. The muscles in her arms and legs ached a little… but her lungs felt strong, and she actually felt mentally rested - having used the time to calm herself, rest her mind, and focus purely on physically exerting herself. As she stepped onto the beach walking back toward her purse & her chair, she ran her hands over her forehead, wringing water from her hair. Her long, muscled legs carried her gracefully up the sandy bank. When she reached her chair, she picked up a towel to dry herself, then checked her purse - ensuring all her effects were still present. They were. Content, she finished her watery drink, gathered her things, and began a meandering walk back toward the hotel.
HlLr6G6.png

Dried & dressed in her black coverup, Ivory entered the hotel lobby carrying her purse. She flashed a smile and a wave at the Zeltron concierge who’d introduced themselves earlier, then gave a motion mimicking a phone-call toward her ear & mouth with her finger and thumb. If she hadn’t been wearing her sunglasses, she would have winked - but instead continued past the main desk and into the hotel’s common area. As she passed the gorgeous aquarium filled with exotic fish and plant-life, she reached casually toward her left ear - the Naehtid earpiece concealed within beeped slightly as she sent a message through the secured line, broadcasting to Diocletian Kahmen’’a Diocletian Kahmen’’a : “Where you at, bounty hunter?”

Having retrieved virtually nothing of use, Diocletian headed back to the bar, the Guest Book yielded nothing of interest, they had names, too many to look through, some of the handwriting was atrocious. So he had to go back and start over, which means getting another drink … drinks. The Ubese found drinking a helpful past time and once he got there and cracked open his first bottle since the last one he had 30 minutes ago, it was back to the drawing board.

Then Ivory’s voice appeared in his head, cutting through the slight drunken fog, the new ear piece worked miles better as the old one kept slipping out and his ear was too odd of a shape for it to remain in snugly. Getting the tape out of his hair is a pain. He hated tape, it was sticky, it bunched up and it pulled roots out.

<“As of right now Ms Stroud, the big bar, to the left of the main hall.”> His own mind voice replied, <“I reckoned I’d do something useful, so far nothing stands out, the Guest Book is a Red Herring, and I thought my hand writing was bad.”>

He had considered taking the Book, but then again, it wouldn’t be useful. Sometimes people use false names and psydonyms which throws everything off. Thus he left it be, open at the last page that had writing on it.

They needed more useful things, things such as behind the curtains information, which will require more than one person to get. Gabe was not an option, maybe The Donna? She was nearby and good at this kind of thing.

He sent the directions to the bar by thought, he should have known, one does not directly talk into the earpiece. He was so used to manual comms that he had to adapt.

Ivory chuckled at the Ubese’ comment about handwriting. She was impressed that he’d attempted to get to work immediately… Clearly, he was a workaholic. And an alcoholic.

She could certainly relate.

Her return message, though telepathic, carried a note of amusement: “Well, excellent work anyway… I’ll join you for a drink. Be there in two shakes of a Krayt dragon’s tail.”

A few minutes later, she wandered into the Grand Astral lounge - a beautiful, spacious, open setting with a large bar that dominated the far wall, beautiful chandeliers, similar modern-deco furniture, and quiet music playing through hidden speakers. The lounge didn’t seem that busy - though it would certainly pick up in the evenings. For the moment, at least, the pair would have some privacy. She found the helmeted warrior seated toward the back corner of the room, near the end of the bar, where he’d conveniently taken a spot which would give a decent view of the room while remaining out of the way. She took a seat beside him, removing the sunglasses from her head and directing a joyful gaze at him - a grin on her full, beautiful lips. “Well, hi there. Fancy meeting a bounty hunter like you in a place like this.”

She set her purse down between them, and waited to catch the attention of one of the bartenders. It didn’t take one long to arrive; a male Chiss with an easy smile, who took her order of another Meltdown and another of whatever Dio was drinking.

Diocletian shrugged in greeting, not really concentrating on her as breaking into the second bottle was an operation in of itself, spillages are messy and wasteful. As soon as he pocketed the lid he can now focus on the task at hand. He was usually found in places where there is booze, if he can’t drink he is in his ship counting how many weapons he has. The usual thing. But this can hardly be considered a normal trip and now The Donna was here, he had to suggest a new way of getting what they need.

<“We need to get into the staff databases and CCTV cameras. The registration at front desk will take days to find a decent name.”> Diocletian says suddenly and to the point, his voice having a slight slur to it.

The jingle of the slot machines clashed with the music, overpowering it even, some lucky sod won something. The bells shot through his skull, he hated those things. But despite all this he was focused on Ivory and what she thought of what he said. He would heed suggestions too. The security do not look like pushovers either. Could there be a distraction required?

The sudden cacophony of bells joined their conversation, muffling the bounty hunter’s words enough that head of The Family had to lean in slightly to hear him. As she did, she opened her purse and produced, first, her lighter and the slim metal case which contained her cigarras; and secondly, a small metal box about the size of her lighter, but with a tiny camera lense affixed to the front. The small box was relatively nondescript, bearing no markings, but she assumed the Ubese would be at-least somewhat familiar with electronic surveillance equipment. She smiled knowingly at him, wordlessly agreeing with his recommendation.

“It seems the resort’s cleaning crew is not as adept at cleaning infestations as they appear.” She said, allowing the helmeted hunter to inspect the device.

Without any prompting Diocletian took the device, he was well versed in surveillance its how he got his targets, official bounties and, not so official business. He wouldn’t have known this was a camera unless he was told, that’s how good it was. A big place like this would need 19 cleaning teams to keep the rodents in check. Too much busy work, the act of being busy without doing a thing. He didn’t even feel the clouds of surliness that usually hung around. He is getting even more drunk

The place was teeming with stewards and various other staff. They need to get them to one place so someone can do the necessary intel gathering without hindrance, but the question is, how?

<“Tch, more to show they are busy more than anything. We need to divert the staff away from the staff area. Any ideas?”> He asked, tone a lot more friendlier.

Ivory grinned, reaching out and gently plucking the camera from his fingers - returning it to her purse daintily, as-if she were worried it would suddenly explode. At that exact moment, the bartender joined them and delivered their drinks. The Donna flashed a charming smile at the man, thanking him as she produced one of her cigarras and brought it to her lips.

“Yes.” She said, reaching for her lighter.

“Drinks are on me.”
9q2Hq0b.png

Kal Kal

Once her business was concluded at the bar and she & Diocletian were on their way toward the Staff & Administration Wing of the Resort, The Donna would take a moment to caress the ring given to her by their contact at the Resort - speaking through the direct line: "I am in possession of an item your employer will find most curious. I'll deliver it to you tonight, on my way to dinner."

She expected the device she'd found would be a most welcome gift, indeed.

(Joint Post completed with Diocletian Kahmen’’a Diocletian Kahmen’’a )

Business, Espionage & Faith
M A R C E L L AㅤF I O R A
fNSM1Kr.png

Tag: Ivory Stroud Ivory Stroud , Gabriel Lynch, Diocletian Kahmen’’a Diocletian Kahmen’’a , Daiya Daiya , Cartri Keswoll Cartri Keswoll

A Thief of Virtue!
Marcella's scan of the casino was interrupted by the sound of a whiskey glass landing behind her, she turned to the bartender "Thank you." Now, with whiskey and cigarra in one hand, she made her way across the casino floor, elegantly weaving through a vast number of guests. After a few moments of passing hotel security, Marcella both discovered that the security carried code cylinders and then swiped one from one of the guards, not a particularly difficult task yet one that could prove useful in time.

Continuing on, moving away from the guard she acquired the code cylinder from, she made her way towards what looked like a high-stakes sabbac table before sliding some credit chips onto the table, "Count me in" she requested, asking the dealer to buy in.

Mere moments after Ivory finished her message, the ring would buzz softly in acknowledgement.

On the other end of the link, Watcher's interest had been sparked. The Donna had found something already, which likely meant one of two things - either she had approached the issue in a new way or she had seen what their people had not.

If the latter, some relationships might need to be re-evaluated. It was their way to act through contractors and cat's paws when possible; the individuals who had investigated the disappearance were trustworthy, but were they getting sloppy?

Maybe. Maybe not. Watcher would know for sure, in due time, of that it was sure.

Location: The Resort Hotel, Lobby > Hotel Rooms., later at the bigger of the resort's bars
Objective: What objective?
Tag: Ivory Stroud Ivory Stroud | Gabriel Lynch | Daiya Daiya | Cartri Keswoll Cartri Keswoll | Marcella Fiora Marcella Fiora

HlLr6G6.png

There were so many drinks in him that he was feeling drunk and the effects were becoming apparent, he even had a spring in his step, a completely different person. There is still the important business of intel gathering. He had no desire to do it the aggressive way, well not the same sober way and he was in too much of a good mood to be grumpy about everything. He even had no thoughts of Rhand.

The noise from the jingling machines drilled into his brain like a blaster bolt, he hated the noises and usually, he can tune them out or switch to noise-cancelling in his audio rig in his helmet. Those loud bells, gongs and whistles hurt his ears. Being as drunk as he is, only worsened his coordination. He broke from his path and began to wander around, not doing anything but still enough to catch security's attention.

The distraction was working as he was being tailed by miffed stewards. The drunk Ubese didn't care. Drunk Diocletian had no concern about how strange he looked, how badly he behaves or how he knocked plants over in his drunk stumbling. He was far gone to care.

He was being disruptive which is nothing new to him, that is when the Security began to hone in on him, he had pushed a couple down the staircase, it was a partial accident, at least that's what he told an angry patron. Fists inevitably flew as Diocletian slurred something utterly obscene which got him a punch and ended the situation into a violent brawl. Then the Security descended on everyone like a tsunami. Diocletian gave a huge fight to remain off the floor and uncuffed.

Diocletian was eventually dragged away cursing all of them and laughing, but his laughter had no mirth or warmth to it. This left Ivory free to do her part as no one would suspect a spying mission.

slQCnMc.png

(Post Soundtrack: "Stay A While" by Cemetery Sun)

Daiya's head soared as she floated into her hotel suite, glowing from the high and the kiss. She made it to the bedroom door before she had to pause, leaning against it as her world spun. The warmth in the teen's chest cushioned the pounding of her beating heart, racing from something, or maybe to something. Her palms pressed against the solid door, clinging to the feeling of something reassuring beneath them.

She stayed there for a few moments, breathing until her head settled back down to reality again. Her body was still in orbit, if the way every touch and sensation felt magnified to the teen. Daiya pushed onward as best she could, changing from her swimwear to a comforting pair of pants and a sweater that gave the impression of an everlasting hug.

For a little while longer, Daiya lingered, indulging herself by applying lipgloss and brushing out her drying hair. Her scalp tingled by the end of it, holding her attention until it was drawn elsewhere. The sunlight that had once streamed through the window was a tapestry of colors now, and the teen gazed transfixed upon the sun setting against the planet's horizon, a phenomenon so utterly foreign to her city-world life. The artificial lighting below Denon's glimmering surface levels never dimmed or set at night, where the time of day was simply trivia.

"Oh chit!" The growling of her stomach reminded the teen of her purpose at last, and she started with a gasp. Throwing down the brush and taking one last look in the mirror, Daiya grabbed her satchel before heading out the door. The way down to the arcadium was easier in boots instead of bare feet, putting a grateful smile on her face. She found Cartri already standing there, making her way behind him to throw her hands around his eyes and hold him tight. "Toldja I'd get you back! Guess what I'm wearing."

Damn Daiya, I thought one of the guards were pulling me aside!” he said with a smile crossing his lips, unresistant to the hands covering his vision. “Hmmm... a skirt and a sweatshirt?” Cartri guessed playfully, going along with what she was doing for now. One thing was clear though, it certainly wasn’t going to be swimwear else they’d get thrown out of the restaurant in seconds.

Before he even came down to the meeting spot his heart was fluttering inside of his chest, not from being nervous but from being in love. Daiya was special to him no matter what she felt about him in return, all he wanted was to spend more time around her. And from the looks of things, that wasn’t the drugs talking.

It took him awhile to peel himself away from his daydream by the door and get ready, one of which was a priority. Switching out of his wet swimwear into a more smart attire he finally went to the hazardous job of fixing his hair. Thankfully, not much of the previous style had been tampered with. All it required was a quick touch up before he sprayed himself down with some pricy deodorant and smellies to keep him fresh.

Now was the hard part, making this date one to remember with a girl he admired greatly.

Let me guess, I'm far off ain't I?"

"Feth, I made it too easy!" Daiya pulled her hands away, shaking them out of the sleeves that fell past her wrist. The woven material imparted an unmistakable tactile sensation, and the teen giggled at it as she folded an arm up against her stomach. "You got close," she told him, and paraded around Cartri to show off her outfit, throwing up her free hand once she stood in front of him. "Whatcha think?"

Blinking a few times he chuckled and turned his body to check out what the girl was wearing. For a few moments he was silent, his eyes taking in her beauty as she paraded around him to show off. “You look perfect Daiya...” he said with a shine in his eyes, clearly impressed that she actually made an effort for him. She always looked good in his eyes, but today she had really outdone herself.

What do you think of me?” he grinned to Daiya, nonchalantly spinning to show off his neat attire.

"Hmm..." Daiya brought her hand down to her chin, knitting her forehead together to look him over. She drew out the moment, stifling giggles with a serious demeanor, and let her fingers stroke her chin. Naturally, anything that covered up the boy's attractively fit body was a disappointment, but Cartri's outfit actually looked better than most she had seen on him in the past. Even if the jacket's drab color pulled down all the effort he'd made. "Not bad, not bad. Bold move with the orange there, but you made it work with that jacket."

She burst out into giggles, unable to maintain the play-acting any longer. Daiya stepped forward, and pulled Cartri's arm toward her as she leaned against him. "Come on, let's get a table." Her eyes pleaded to him on behalf of her stomach. "I'm dying now!"

Thank you, Daiya. I’m happy a person more prettier than me is liking my style,” he said with a wink as she grew closer and wrapped an arm around Cartri, prompting him to do the same around her back. “Oh finnnneee, I’ll put you out if your misery,” he said with a roll of his eyes and a cheeky smile.

Stepping away from her for a brief moment he extended his arm out and offered to hold her hand, hoping to walk her in like a true gentleman. “May I?” He asked politely to his dinner date, a beaming expression coming from his face.

"Umm..." Daiya was confused by the boy's actions as he pulled away from her grasp, standing at arm's length to offer a hand back. Despite clinging to his arm just a moment before, uncertainty reigned in her head as the teen looked at the open palm in her direction, wondering what it meant for her. A sobering thought surfaced for a moment, what was she agreeing to by taking Cartri's hand?

Her hand fit awkwardly into his. Daiya set her jaw, gritting it as she pulled the firmly muscled boy toward her, wrapping his arm around her elbow. "No," She grinned at Cartri and pat his hand a few times. "But I may."

Cartri raised a brow when she refused to let him guide her like a true gentlemen into the restaurant holding hands. It appeared Daiya wanted to do it the old hook of the arm way, and that in itself didn’t bother him by the slightest. “I don’t know what you’re thinking Daiya. Either way, at least I’ll be taking you into the establishment how a true man should.

Daiya let out a breath of air, scoffing at the boy's stodgy notions. She didn't bother protesting, watching Cartri puff out his chest and brag about his manliness was a pleasant change from a boy who had dropped dramatic words and fists on her in times past. She let a tug on her lips pull a smile to her face, tossing her head to let him lead.

Shooting a smile to the girl by his side, he slowly began walking to the entrance, excited about what the night had going for them. “Any idea what you want? I heard from a few people staying here the burgers are meant to be a-mazing.

"Oh my stars!" The teen laughed, leaning her head against his shoulder. Her cheek lit up with warmth as it laid against his drab olive jacket, and she could have sworn her chuckle resonated in her chest. "You are so not using that word the right way." Daiya's face pulled up against itself, cringing at his off-brand use of 'amazing' the way she pronounced it. She was happy to let the boy lead her, take her to dinner, but Cartri had to know there were still some boundaries. "Let me decide if they're worth it, I'll handle all the a-mazement from here on."

Hmph...it appears I’ve still got a lot to learn then,” he smirked, feeling Daiya’s warm face lean up against his shoulder comfortably. She probably hated him for stealing her little phrase, but who cared, teasing was a no mans land when it came to that. Leading her closer to the doors he was curious as to why Daiya wanted control of their “a-mazement”. She must of had something in mind, and he was all for experiencing it. “Okay then, by all means...” he said without a single complaint.

The pair opened the doors to the fancy food place and stood before a smart waiter, who was dressed in a clean black suit. “Table for two please. And would it be possible to get one near the window overlooking the resort?” He asked, something of which was met with a stern nod and a motion for them both to follow them. “After you, Daiya,” Cartri offered with a friendly smile.

Daiya tossed her eyes again, reluctantly pulling away from the boy to follow their Nautolan waiter to a table on the other side of a densely populated section. Breaking through was like surfacing from underwater again to her intoxicated mind, and the teen breathed in deeply at the sight of the table and chairs. The waiter gave a spiel about the specials and set down appropriate menus, waiting for some kind of signal. Daiya just stood frozen for a moment, looking to the waiter, then back to Cartri, awash in her reverie. She let out a breath, blinking as her head cleared. "Can I get a Meltdown?" the teen asked, taking her seat at the opposing end of the table. "Oh, right. Nevermind, just a Jogan-ade or something."

Cartri followed Daiya through a crowded area of the restaurant, his eyes looking at the table and chairs next to the window. Their view was amazing, from where they were sat they could see most of the pretty resort in all its glory. Once he reached his seat he smoothly took off his jacket and placed it across the chair, before looking back to a frozen Daiya who seemed to be in dreamland for a few moments. Raising a brow he took his seat at the other side ad looked to the fancy waiter with a smile. “Meiloorun Juice for now please,” he said, wanted to start off slow.

Everything alright Daiya?” he asked curiously with another warm smile, checking in on the girl caringly.

"This place is just too good to be true," Daiya remarked, her eyes scanning lazily over the horizon outside their window. The twilight scene had her mesmerized, and the teen set her head down on folded arms to watch it. Her eyes drifted up to Cartri, "It's not really possible, is it? This is just some Corpo's fantasy world, or it feels like it."

Cartri followed Daiya’s gaze to the horizon of the resort, himself amazed by how beautiful it looked. “I know what you mean...” he replied in thought, knowing that their stay here had been far too faultless even for them. “Who knows what individual was behind all this. This may be one persons dream to create a paradise for others. On the other hand, a corporate pig could be the brainchild of something more sinister. With something so perfect like this, you’d hope that isn’t the case.

Not a moment later the waiter returned with their drinks, carefully setting it down in front of the teens. “Thank you,” He said with a quick sip, looking straight at Daiya. “Either way, it’s certainly a far cry from Denon. Now and then I wouldn’t mind breathing in clear air and smelling air that didn’t just come out of the sewer.

"Denon is recycled air, at least," Daiya put in, a small smile growing as Cartri went on with his supposition. Her head rose when their drinks arrived, and she took hold of her glass before finishing. "Real sewers are way worse, trust me." She took a sip of the juice in her cup, the sweetness and strong flavor reinvigorating the teen. It had no other properties, but Daiya's veins were still pumping plenty of those through her system from earlier. "But I didn't just mean air. It's everything, it doesn't feel artificial or made by anyone. It's like it just is, y'know?"

Even if it is recycled air, at least we can still breathe it. The only downside is how much it stinks.” he said, taking another sip of his fruity drink in front of him. “And yea, I know first hand about sewers,” Cartri grunted, remembering the times where he had to go through the stinkiest sewers you can think of to reach a mission objective. Thankfully, those days seemed to be behind him now. Nodding slowly to Daiya’s theory, he seemed to understand what the girl was trying to say.

“Hmph, It’s almost like the whole resort is naturally in that state even if it’s trying not to be. As you seem to put across, it does have a strange feeling to it.” He explained, a sudden smirk crossing his lips. “Or, it could be that Ciggara messing with our minds. Slowly but surely driving us insane to the point where we cannot differentiate friend from foe!” He giggles with a gentle nudge to her elbow.

Daiya's smile broadened, bringing the glass to her lips again. The juice was like sweet nectar to slake her thirst, and then some. It took everything she had to keep from finishing it off, and a mournful look played out over her face when she set the glass down. "I'll say," the teen started, looking at the glass for another moment before she raised her eyes up to Cartri. She let out a nervous giggle, "For a second there, I'm pretty sure I wanted to make out with my drink..."

Gulping down more of his juice he couldn’t help but smile back to the other teen's antics. From the looks of things, she seemed to be enjoying her drink and seemingly was going to finish before even ordering her food “I wouldn’t go that far with a drink,” he giggled back before gently placing a hand on hers and lightly squeezing. “Fancy ordering some grub? I’ll let you choose, after all you did want to handle the a-mazement,” he said in a lowered tone, choosing to keep the hand there for now unless she wanted to move it away.

She giggled again at the touch on her hand, but ignored it for the moment. The teen nodded her head, her stomach far more difficult to ignore. "That is what we came for," Daiya noted, but as she picked up the menu with her free hand, her eyes were looking for something else to satisfy her hunger. "Did you know that your freckles spell out a word?" Daiya asked the boy, giggling as she brought the menu up in front of her face. While her eyes gazed over the options, she was biting her lower lip and waiting for Cartri's inevitably protesting reply.

Grabbing a menu himself he casually scanned through its contents with a cheeky smile, his eyes constantly going back to Daiya and locking eyes. “My freckles? What does it say Daiya?” He said with a tilt of his head, amused by what Daiya was going to say.

"Knuckles!" Daiya poked her head above the menu just long enough to tell him, before giggling back behind the list of food choices. Her eyes glazed over as she reviewed her options, squinting long enough to make out the title of one. Good enough. She flattened the menu on the table with a palm, grinning up to Cartri from across the table. "So what do you want?"

Hmph! I should have known that was coming. But I can’t be mad, you’re too cute for your own good,” he giggled back, the menu hiding his wide smile from the teasing. “You know what, I’ll try out the sunset burger. It has two patties, melted cheese and loads of tasty toppings. It also comes with some crispy fries and sauces too,” Cartri explained, a rumble coming from his stomach in unison.

The boy's grumpy assertion prompted another round of giggles from her. Every time Daiya teased him, watching that smirk on his mouth and glint in his eyes, it made her heart flutter. She set her eyes down on the menu, forcing a different perspective as she offered her own choice up for review. "I'm going with the Seaside Burger. It has saltnut butter and pickles on it, and mmmm, it sounds so good." She squinted at the listing on the menu before giving up, and looking back at Cartri with a shrug, "I dunno if it comes with fries, though, I might just borrow some of yours."

That does sound tasty, though I may have to think about the fries proposition,” he said sarcastically, revealing the betrayful smile which showed what he really felt when he lowered the menu. Of course he was going to share, but he wanted to see how long he could keep the teasing up for. “IF I decide to let you have some, what will I get in return,” he said in a cheeky tone, tilting his head slightly with a warm smile.

"You mean, a date with me isn't enough?" Daiya asked, a coy grin dominating her face. She looked at him, pausing a few more seconds to watch for his reaction, which had been a lot more fun when he was wet and cold earlier at the poolside. Her lower lip came out, and she looked away, "Fine, I guess I'll have to get something for myself." The brightness came back in her eyes as the mischievous teen looked at Cartri. "Oh, maybe they have some of those curly ones. Or the little tubers they roast with some herbs, mmmm, those are good."

Oh... I can’t disagree with that,” he replied, admitting defeat that Daiya alone was good enough for him. He nodded slowly when Daiya suggested to get something for herself, and as she listed off some of the selection he couldn’t help but chuckle. The girl had a similar taste in food to him, that alone only increased his interest in admiring the girl even mor “The little tubers sound fantastic, maybe we can strike a trade deal when the time arrives?” Cartri offered with a crafty smirk, taking another sip of his delicious juice. “After all, diplomacy is key.

"Trade deal? What are we, fething Corpos?" The teen giggled at the thought, happily teasing Cartri for his blunder. That eternal strife on Denon still followed her here, as little as she wanted it, and even enjoying the lap of luxury tonight gave her pause. It was a small one she could easily dismiss in the haze of the evening, grinning impishly at the boy instead. Daiya turned as she spotted the waiter returning to them. "Nope, nothing weird here. Just two Corpo kids on holiday."

Oh, come on Daiya. You do realise not just corpos can strike strike a deal?” he said back with a giggle of his own. Either way, he was still more than happy to share a chip with the girl. The same went for everything else he owned, he wouldn’t hesitate to give anything in a heartbeat.. Looking to the waiter who was approaching he playfully nudged Daiya’s elbow from the comment, finding it hard not to smirk at the waiter before he asked for their orders. “Can I have the sunset burger please, with fries just in case it doesn’t come with it,” the boy said, sticking out his tongue funnily to try and throw her off as she ordered.

Daiya scoffed, rolling her eyes as she turned to the waiter, whose eyebrows would have been raised if the Nautolan had any. "Seaside burger, and if it doesn't come with fries, can you do those small tuber things that get roasted?" Now the Nautolan really looked bizarre, prompting a giggle from the teen which persisted until the tentacled man walked away from them. She slapped her palms flat on the table a couple times, laughter unabating as she tried to talk through it. "Did you see his face?!"

Cartri looked back to the Nautolan waiter who was walking away, a small chuckle escaping his lips. “Now that you mention it...” Cartri said before bursting out into laughter himself. “Yea, his face really was an eyebrow raiser!” Cartri said in between breaths, leaning back in his chair to put a hand on his chest in reprieve. “You’re a menace for saying that you know?!” The boy giggled, finally beginning to calm down. “Never change Daiya...

"Never?" Daiya asked, her giggles finally slowing down. She let a few more continue while peering up at Cartri. Here was a boy who insisted he had changed, and her eyebrows rose as a quiet finally fell upon her. "So, I should still be hating you for throwing me across the room? 'Cause that was a change..."

Well, probably yea. I deserve your eternal fury after doing that,” Cartri admitted with a nervous chuckle, obviously still feeling awkward from remembering that day. However, as he was silently looking at her face a thought overwhelmed him. The smile that had been spread across his face soon turned into one one of little emotion, indicating that he had something on his mind. “I’ve been trying to find help for it you know. Xan tried to get a Jedi to train me, but it didn’t work out in the end.” he explained, his hands lightly fumbling on the table. Cartri wasn’t the only one with concerns, Daiya had also been acting quite strange recently. “By the way, what’s up with your headaches?” the teen inquired in a concerned tone. It had happened twice now, and the way she held her head like it was about to explode wasn’t normal.

"Eternal? Yes. But maybe I'll make an exception from time to time," Daiya told him playfully. A dark mood spread over Cartri's face, and the teen bit her lower lip, wondering if she'd gone too far. She nodded, straining against showing her disgust for his choice of a Jedi trainer, relief spreading over her face at its failed ending. Even with the setback for Cartri, it was uplifting for her to hear he was working on improving. "Oh," she muttered, her reverie interrupted by a more direct inquiry. Now it was her turn to feel nervous, a flush of warmth filling her cheeks as her fingers fidgeted, tracing patterns in the wood of the table. Daiya's voice was low as she admitted, "That's personal..."

Cartri glanced down to her nervous fingers and frowned. Whatever Daiya was hiding about the headaches clearly made her squirm, something that made the ginger teen worry even more. Gently, he moved his hand over and placed it on hers. “Daiya... I’m just worried alright? If you don’t want to tell me then so be it. But, if you choose to keep it to yourself I won’t be able to help you,” he said, lightly squeezing it to comfort the girl and let her know he could be trusted. “Seeing you in pain like that tears me apart, I just want to know you're fine.

Daiya nearly flinched at the touch, her hand pinned beneath Cartri's own. Even while kind words traipsed from his mouth, the teen couldn't help alarms ringing within her head. As much as she wanted to silence them, it raised her hackles even to consider ignoring them. "You wouldn't understand," she said defensively, slipping her hand back to fold them both against her chest. The tangible comfort from her arms quelled some of her feelings, Daiya could feel her heart beating more steadily again. She took a breath in, easier to do now, and offered one recourse to the boy. "I'll tell you...but I need a drink first."

Trust me Daiya, there’s a lot of things I understand. Some way more than other people,” he said calmly, not trying to be pushy or intrusive to the girl in question. Shooting another warm smile her way she suggested a drink first, probably something that would help her settle a bit more. “Fine, I can sort something out for you,” he said with a crafty wink. Then, with his right hand close to the fork he pushed it off as if he did it by accident. The waiters always carried a small ordering device in their pockets, one that sent drink orders to the bar. All he needed was an overly detailed waiter to come and pick up the dropped cutlery and he’d be set.

Name any drink on the menu, preferably before someone comes over.

Daiya watched curiously at Cartri's gambit, recognizing it as one that was —as an old spacer once told her— 'the oldest trick in the book.' A small smile grew on her face, and she hid it by pulling the menu up in front of her amused expression. "I'll make it easy," the teen said without looking, "a Meltdown."

A sly grin broke out in the corner of his lips when she ordered a meltdown, something of which he was more than happy to get himself. “Two Meltdowns it is,” he said in a lowered tone and a giggle as the funny looking waiter approached. Tutting in annoyance, he slowly leaned down to grab it and replace it with another. Keeping his eyes on Daiya, his arm suddenly reached over with immense speed, snagging the small device from his pocket without a hitch. It was that fast you’d probably miss it if you blinked, sleight of hand never seized to disappoint him.

Eventually, the waiter grumbled off and left Cartri to have freewill of the ordering. Swiftly, his hands punched in some numbers and sent a signal to the bar, indicating the staff to prepare their free Meltdowns. “Your wish is my command Daiya...” he smirked, hiding the device in his pocket for now. “Maybe we can get more later,” the boy winked, hoping it would be enough for Daiya to spill her secret.

Daiya had to clamp a hand over her mouth to stop the giggles from giving Cartri's game away. As the waiter approached, she turned her eyes out the window, her innocence gained by looking completely ignorant of the situation. The young shadowrunner managed to glimpse the boy's lightning fast reactions, or at least their aftermath, and bit her lip to keep from gasping in shock. She giggled with sweet relief when the waiter walked away, grinning like a bantha at the boy's success. "Who says your training didn't work out?"

Believe it or not, but that skill has been long perfected way before I joined Darkwire. Garos market stalls are the key to my success,” he chuckled, happy to see a smile return back to the face of Daiya. He wanted to wait till the drinks arrived before he asked about her condition again, but thankfully their food had arrived to fill the waiting gap. “Ah, thank you,” he said to the waiter, before looking down to his tasty looking burger. “Care to have a chip?” Cartri said, humorously waving a crispy chip in his hand to gain her attention.

Daiya snatched the chip from his fingers before he could pull it back, biting down on the chip's crunchy exterior. "Mmmm. Y'know, if I didn't know you Cartri, I might mistake you for a gentleman sometimes." The teen's grin stayed fixed to her face as she surveyed her food, a mountain of a burger that brought her hunger back in full force. She wasted no more time in tasting one of the roasted tubers on her plate, letting out a pleasurable sound as the mushy texture inside melted in her mouth. "Ohhhhh, these are so good," Daiya told him, and the thought of any trade deal was the last thing from her mind. "Try one!"

Damn Daiya! You were quick to grab that weren’t you?!” He said giddily, a smile keeping on his own face as he examined his food. Licking his lips he didn’t have any hesitation to take a bite out of the burger, savouring its rich taste and flavour from every bite. “Mmmmm, now that’s tasty. But not as good as my favourite burger joint on Denon,” he hummed, taking a glance to one of the roasted tubers she was raving about. “Oh, if you insist,” the boy rolled his eyes playfully and reached over, taking one of the tubers and giving it a try. He crunched on them for a few moments and shrugged slightly, showing it was decent but not as good as he thought. “Not bad...” he teased, trying to play them down a bit. Only moments after, the sight of a waiter carrying meltdowns came into view, calmly coming to them professionally. “Here we are...

It sounded to her like Cartri was enjoying her food just as much, commentating on it while Daiya arranged the burger on her plate. She grasped the edges of the bun, which slid and gooped more than the Denonese teen was used to. She leaned over, taking a deep bite, eliciting a noise of surprise as some of the saltnut butter dripped out of the bottom and onto the table. Daiya put it down, giggling and hurrying to wipe up her mess, examining her sweatshirt with a mild terror that it had been laid victim to the messy burger as well. Relief was palpable on the teen's face as it came up clean, just as the pair of drinks were set down in front of the two. Daiya managed to chew enough of her burger to take a sip of the cocktail, and then sat back in her chair, chewing slowly with the glass in her hand. "Pretty good."

Cartri gulped down another big bite of his burger while his glare kept on Daiya, who seemed to be making a hash of eating her burger. A section of saltnut butter fell from the end of the burger and splashed off the table, forcing a short giggle to escape his lips. “Damn Daiya, do you ever eat clean?” he smiled before the alcoholic drinks were carefully placed on their table without a fuss from the waiter. Lifting the glass up to his lips, he took a sip and glared directly at the girl with a more serious look now. “Alright, I’ve fulfilled my end of the bargain,” Cartri said with a slight smirk, placing a crunchy chip into his mouth to chew on. “You can trust me Daiya, whatever you say won’t leave this table.

"Cleaner than your fething mouth," Daiya shot back, taking another sip and rolling it around her mouth. The saltnut butter stuck in odd places, but the salty, savory spread comforted her taste buds like nothing else. The sweet liquor of the drink made for a combination that made the teen want nothing more than to alternate between the salty and sweet sensations. She groaned as Cartri brought up his question again, prompting another, longer, sip before Daiya sat up straight again. "I was hoping you'd forget about that," the teen said bitterly, and set the drink down. She took a dramatic pose, flanking her plate with palms flat on the table, and leaned slightly forward. "So you wanna know the answer? I'm cursed."

Cartri rolled his eyes to the bite back of Daiya, but in some ways she was right, sometimes he didn’t when to shut up. The ginger teen could only grin from the look on her face when he mentioned the deal again “What can I say, I’ve always had a good memory,” he sarcastically considering their talk only happened recently. Taking another sip of the delicious liquor he straightened his body and listened to what she had to say, his brow raising from when she considered herself cursed. “With what exactly Daiya? Are your headaches to do with it?” Cartri asked with a more stern tone.

"Yes, the voices told me you'd say that," Daiya suggested, smirking at the boy. She watched for his reaction, then laughed at her own joke. A sip of her drink held her interest for another moment, savoring the sweetness against the bitter truth to come. "No, for real though?" the teen said at last, a haunting quality in her eyes now. She let out a breath, letting her shoulders slump and her eyes turn down to the table. "I See things sometimes. Visions, premonitions, whatever you want to call it. Chit that might happen, that will happen, and I'm supposed to fething fix it. I hate them, and every time they come," Daiya pointed to her forehead, "It hurts."

Voices?!” he said almost too loud, only calming down when he saw the smirk cross her face. Shaking his head he took another quick sip and listened again to what she had to say, providing her his undivided attention. As she explained her curse, his face slowly turned into a clear frown as well as one of revelation. Visions... how could that be possible? No one could possibly see the future unless they... were one with the force. How did Cartri know this? Well thanks to his many hours of horror films he had been able to gather knowledge on certain subjects as a whole, abilities of a Jedi being one of them. A specific film, Heretic Dreams jumped out to him. It was about a lowly Jedi who was constantly getting tortured by visions fabricated by a Sith entity. Most of it was based from fact, the story probably wasn’t real but the powers certainly were.

Daiya... I-I think you’re a force sensitive,” he almost gasped before taking a big gulp of his meltdown to drink down some sorrow. “Actually no, you... you are,” Cartri said in a more lowered tone now. “You’re just like me.

"Trust me, you don't wanna be like me. I know it's the Force, but feth if this isn't the chittiest Force power ever." The teen's grumbling launched her back into her chair, her arms folded across her chest. She ignored the drink on the table, her burger and tubers, and even the nerves in her heart and hands. For so long, Daiya had only ever shared this in the deepest confidence, terrified of anyone finding out. For fear that they'd treat her power as a tragedy, or an opportunity for them, she kept it to herself, not expecting to be met with understanding or camaraderie. She didn't even care if it was Knuckles she shared it with, this time the teen refused to be afraid. "That time you saw it in the Abyss? That's the first time I ever got a Vision to come when I wanted it, and I still sent us straight into a spider nest!"

Out of all people Cartri was probably the one to understand her pain most. He had been struggling to control his power for years, not only did it bring pain to himself but other people too. “We’re more a like than you think Daiya, both of us don’t know how to control the damn thing,” he said reassuringly, his upper body leaning forward to get a better look at her face. “When I’m mad, I can’t control my power because of how accelerated it gets. In turn, I switch into the very thing I despise most,” Cartri said sadly, taking another gulp of the alcohol to calm himself. “I can’t help it, but its made me realise how much help I really need,” the teen smiled now, putting a hand on her end of the table. “You’re not alone Daiya. I can help you get through this like you unknowingly did for me...

"I don't need your sympathy, and I don't need help from someone who can barely handle himself," Daiya spat bitterly. She grabbed for the Meltdown again now, and took a long gulp of it. Her eyes stared at Cartri after she pulled the glass away, her words direct and earnest. "I can figure this out on my own." The teen finished her drink and set it down on the table. A fresh boost of confidence and apathy coursed through her veins, kindling the desire for more. "What I need is to get drunk and enjoy myself tonight. We get back to work tomorrow, when the feth are we ever gonna be on vacation again?"

Cartri seemed taken back from her straight forward reply, one that stung but rang true. He still didn’t know how to handle his powerful gift, and fully containing it still had a long ahead. Sure, Daiya was more than capable of sorting this on her own, but she needs the emotional support and someone who could be there on her worst days. No matter what, even if she didn’t want it he’d be there to comfort her. “You’re right Daiya, we rarely get a chance to be like this,” he said with a renewed smile, choosing to leave this rough subject for a better time. “Care to join me in downing our drinks?” The boy chuckled with a raise of his glass. “Then maybe we can get a few more, on the house of course,” he said with a wink, lightly tapping the device in this pocket.

A mirthless chuckle loosed from Daiya's lips, letting the tight lines of her face relax a bit. Cartri's agreement surprised the teen, reinforcing her mood. She liked the boy, but sometimes he lived in another world of nobility and compassion that simply didn't exist for her. The young shadowrunner was far more loyal than she was noble, and only to the people she trusted. She allowed herself a smile at him, that was something Cartri was slowly earning back. "Nothing but ice," Daiya mentioned, raising the glass and wiggling it until she heard a light tinkling. "Go catch up, and then we'll hit the next round."

Nothing but ice...” he repeated back before downing the rest of his drinking in one go. He placed the glass back down and pulled out the device, licking his lips in excitement. “Now, let’s really get serious,” the boy chuckled before placing down their next few orders, knowing full well they were going to be there awhile.

An hour passed and the groggy teens walked back out of the restaurant. Cartri, who had lost count of how many drinks he consumed, stumbled beside Daiya with a sheepish smile “O-oh man... did you see... did you see their faces as we w-walked out?” He said, both stumbling over his feet and words. “T-they... spoiled us... ha!” He giggled, lightly nudging Daiya with the edge of his elbow

"That's 'cause you called the waiter 'Slim Pickings' and gave them back their ordering gadget," Daiya giggled back, jumping a little at Cartri's nudge. She was full of food, liquor, and giddiness, riding high back into a resort that looked far more vivid and fuzzy all at once. The teen pulled up close to the boy, slipping her arm under his and back around his shoulder. A similar pose to the first time the teen had walked a drunk Cartri home, but now she leaned her head against his shoulder, grinning and giggling the moment away. "Lucky they don't give a chit about a couple a' drunk kids." She poked him with her free hand, and giggled again, "Prolly won't let us back in there!"

Whoops!” He said in a drunken over dramatic fashion. He looked to the side and smiled down down to the girl, slowly wrapping his own arm around the lower half of her back. “I-I doubt we’ll be coming back here anytime soon anyway,“ he giggled with a small burp, which in itself forced him to chuckle. Raising his arm up, he gently brushed her hair and staggered towards the lifts close together. “Daiya... we’re going to be shit in the morning...” Cartri giggled, remembering they had a mission to do tomorrow. “It... It will be worth it though,” Cartri smiled, placing a kiss on her head.

"No, you'll be chit," Daiya corrected him, swiping his nose with a finger. She pressed the call button for the lifts, and leaned back against the wall. She pulled Cartri toward her with her hands, using them to tip his chin down as she brought hers up to meet him. "I'll be an a-mazing fething mess!" Daiya giggled again. Until then, she just wanted to enjoy the moment. She leaned in to kiss him on the lips.

All Cartri could do was giggle lightly to what she was saying, hanging onto every word his frazzled face could understand. Feeling her hands pull him closer, his chin tipped down to face her with a warm smile. With no resistance he moved his lips closer and met her kiss, happily keeping it there for a few seconds before pulling away slightly. “I can’t argue with that,” he said softly with a stroke of her cheek. Although, as he was leaning forwards to kiss her again the lift arrived and the doors swung open, forcing the boy to snap himself away from Daiya and stand straight in a humourous fashion. Two security guards walked out, giving the two love birds a funny look as they walked past them towards the main lobby. Cartri swayed on the spot as he looked back to daiya with a quiet giggle. “T-talk about a buzz kill...” he whispered in her ear, lightly squeezing the girls hand and guiding her inside the lift.

"Not to me," Daiya giggled, rolling her eyes at the security guards as they stepped past and into the lift. She brushed a hand against the button for their floor, the last thought she gave before leaning her body against Cartri again. Her arms wrapped around his neck, and she kissed him again. The teen tingled all over, the warmth of the liquor and touch setting her body alight. "Just do what I do," Daiya told him, pausing to kiss him again. "and just ignore everyone else."

As soon as Cartri had staggered back into the lift he felt Daiya come close again, wrapping her arms around his neck to continue where they left off. The ginger happily accepted her attention and offered a beaming smile when she pulled back to follow her lead. “Whatever you say Daiya, nothing else matters other than you,” he said back before planting another long kiss on her lips. Eventually, the two teens reached their floor with a ding. Cartri kept close for a few more precious seconds before withdrawing his lips, giggling from the alcohol in his system and from how happy he was right now. “Come on, we can’t stay in here forever,” he said with a grin, wrapping his arm behind her back and walking out with her towards their rooms “S-so... what would you rate that attempt of a date?

Daiya let out a long whine when Cartri pulled away from her. Her lower lip came out in a pout as they left their private sanctuary of the lift, strolling back into the public floor of the resort. The teen felt the night ending for them, already feeling lost without the comfort of company to come. "I rate it highest on my list of dates so far," the teen admitted, straightening up as best she could. She grinned at him in admission. "Top one out of one!"

Hm... at least I have the honor of being your first," he said proudly as they stopped outside of Daiya’s room. With a sigh that their wild evening had come to an end, he extended his arms out and pulled Daiya into his embrace for one of his signature hugs. “T-thank you... for tonight,” Cartri slurred, letting her stay there for as long as needed. “You really are a special girl.

"And you're a very drunk boy," Daiya whispered into his ear, giggling as she soaked up the embrace. She let her arms wander over his back, memorizing him for later. "It was a lot of fun, we need to steal drinks more often." She leaned back, gazing into his face. Then she leaned in for one last kiss. "And kisses." The teen giggled, pulling back slowly as she kissed him again. "I need...to steal...all your...kisses."

I’m... I’m not drunk at all, what are you on about,” he said sarcastically with a bout of unsteadiness. Nodding slowly to what she was saying his face only formed a bigger smile as it went along. “Stealing d-drinks and kisses is something I can get to,” he proclaimed, leaning forward to plant one final kiss before they departed. Pulling back he cheekly prodded her nose and stepped away from her. “You can try, sweetheart,” he winked to Daiya as he walked backwards to his door. The two youngsters waved at each other groggily and giggled at one another’s expense, before slowly opening their doors and gazing at each other’s eyes until it closed. Cartri could feel his heart beating fast, fluttering with joy from the time he spent with a girl he admired greatly. Right now, even through his rough state all he could think about was her...

Last edited:
Code Of Silence
Factory Judge
Ivory strode into the Administration waiting area first, with Diocletian Kahmen’’a Diocletian Kahmen’’a a short distance behind her. She’d taken up a position in one of the chairs near the entrance to the offices - sitting down and reaching for a holo-magazine, where she settled in as-if waiting for an appointment. The office desk was empty. Humming a bluesy tune to herself quietly, she settled into the comfortable chair.. Fading into the background; just another visitor in an entire resort filled with them.

After a few minutes, voices a short distance away began to raise… a muffled cry reached her ears, then the sound of breaking glass, jarringly sharp.

She glanced up, furrowing her brow in concern; glancing toward the office as the receptionist, who’d reappeared but hadn’t seen her. The woman was staring down the hallway Ivory had come with one hand to her ear; muttering quietly into a microphone attached to her ear.

It didn’t take long for a trio of uniformed Sec-officers to arrive, exiting the receptionist’s area and moving at a quick walk toward the commotion. It didn’t take long for the volume to rise… Worried voices turned into an angry exchange of words which continued to draw the Receptionist’s attention. Finally (as Ivory knew she would) the woman stood up and left her desk, speaking more firmly over her ear-piece. The Donna didn’t pay much attention to her, rising to her feet and slipping in the opposite door. Resting atop the desk was a data-pad; clearly the assistant’s work-in-progress, and Ivory quickly snatched it and tucked it in the crook of her arm. The slim black dress and high boots she wore might have seemed a bit much for a receptionist but Ivory was confident as she strode into the Staff area.

A whistling tune softly sung through pursed lips carried her through the winding cubicles & work spaces.

The trick was to look like you had a place to be. Calm & confident, as-if you belonged.

Only once did she come face-to-face with a soul who looked her in the eye. She’d been searching the edges of the room (with enough height to see over most of the cubicles) for some sign of a security room when she nearly collided with a fast-moving young woman with long blonde hair pulled into a bun. Both stopped short - the blonde flashing a rushed smile and a polite "'Scuse me!" Before slipping past.

No… excuse me, Ivory thought, watching to see if the young woman took a second look. She did not.

It didn't take her long to find the Resources & Logistics section of the Grand Astral Resort. An office along the back of the large open administration area, it's open door emblazoned with the title in golden Basic letters, invited her inside. The room was entirely empty of staff and lined with banks of servers.

Ivory casually strolled along, inspecting the wires which connected each stack of beeping, whirring, humming stacks of equipment. She'd spent enough time with DeData to understand that most large server farms were interconnected - sharing data and power among the whole rather than being limited to an individual system. Near the back of the room she stopped; in the very far corner, furthest from the door, a single access panel had been left ajar. She stopped, setting the holo-pad she’d been carrying atop the stack of electronics and wires, senses alert for any indication she was not alone in the room… then she went to work.

Using a small dongle she kept on her person, she was able to jack in directly to the machine - tapping away at the holographic screen broadcast in the air by the small bracelet attached to her wrist. Deda-net did its thing - exactly as Celty had designed - running a simple algorithm to identify the Root Path for the system’s Administrator profile. It took only a few moments for the software to identify & copy the contents of the Root, absorbing the data within like a sponge, then shifting gears to broadcast the same credentials. Rather than using brute force, the program relied on a bit more finesse; in just a few seconds, she was in.

Rather than take time to comb through the entire server for the information she needed - namely, staff records & ship registration data - she directed the powerful slicing software to locate all files and folders associated with Personnel Information and visitor data from the past month. She’d compile & cross-reference everything in the privacy of her own ship; likely, with Celty’s help from afar. The Family’s master Slicer would know better than she what to look for & how.

The percentage inexorably ticked higher. As she waited, Ivory took a few minutes to glance around the room - every sense primed, prepared to disconnect at any moment and hide amongst the servers.
K9WyVHA.png

"Yes sir. I completely understand." Ivory smiled sweetly at the uniformed officer staring at her from behind his desk. “I truly apologize - we’ve only just arrived after a long flight, and I informed my associates they were free to spend the evening however they wished.”

“So… this one decided to get blackout drunk, push two people down a flight of stairs, break a table, and disturb our guests?” The officer scowled. “Are we going to have to worry about one of your ‘associates’ trying to blow up a building, next?” Clearly, Dio had gone a little overboard…

Ivory took on a pained expression, holding up her hands in a gesture of surrender…

In the act of raising her hands, she harnessed an image in her mind of the Ubese walking tall from the prison cell, and leaving with her amidst fanfare and celebration; Security would be glad to be rid of the both of them - all they had to do was let him go. Let him go. Let him go. Let-him-go...

“Simply let him go, and you will not see either of us again. You have my word.”

She felt the thought stick line a needle, burrowing deep into his brain and immediately taking root. The sergeant in charge didn't want to be here this evening... they'd had no issues all day, and if the Ubese hadn't caused such trouble, it was likely they wouldn't have any issues all night either. Nobody wanted to babysit a drunk all night. It was a better idea to just Let Him Go.

The officer blinked… appearing to be frozen in time for a heartbeat… before leaning forward and triggering a comlink with one hand. “Farsil, bring the Ubese up here. His boss is here to pick him up”

The Donna lowered her hands with a relieved smile, giving the man a bow of her head in thanks.

“Sergeant, are you-”

“I said do it, Farsil. Unless you wanna stay up here on duty all night and keep him from choking on his own vomit.”

The Sergeant removed his fingertip from the button, then looked up at her - blinking again, as-if he'd forgotten she was even there. "Take your employee, and get out of my office." He growled. Ivory nodded, "As you wish, Officer. Thank you for your consideration."

After fifteen minutes, Dio was escorted from the Security Office through a secured door and bodily shoved into the waiting area. He was likely still a little drunk, but Ivory was there to meet him. She grinned, slinging an arm around the Bounty Hunter's shoulder and steering him out of the waiting area and toward a waiting lift. Once they were safely inside the elevator, Ivory and he could share a laugh.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Kal Kal

Night was falling over the Grand Astral Resort on Lorinia, but very few people seemed to have retired to their rooms. Numerous night clubs and restaurants were in full-swing, and the hum of conversation and music wove a tapestry of grandeur over the festivities; the resort seemed like a place that never truly slept, much like Coruscant or Denon. Ivory, for one, felt quite at home.

With Dio safely in bed to sleep off his hangover, and both Daiya Daiya & Cartri Keswoll Cartri Keswoll lounging in their rooms high on Teen Love, Ivory had gathered her other two associates - Marcella Fiora Marcella Fiora and Gabriel Lynch - together for a private Family dinner at one of the resort's finer, more peaceful eateries. The Family could share a peaceful meal together and discuss the events of the day in private.

On her way to join her companions, Ivory had tapped the small ring given to her by their Zeltron contact within the Resort and suggested a private audience. He'd joined her in her room under the guise of delivering fresh towels, and she'd offered the small metal box she'd discovered behind the desk.

"There are no markings, and it's completely sealed.. but I believe it operates off of a broadcast frequency to activate it. I have an science lab in my ship parked here at the resort, and I can analyze it if you wish."

Moving onto Day 2...

Objective: Chill with Daiya and Ivory
Tags: Daiya Daiya / Ivory Stroud Ivory Stroud / Gabriel Lynch / Marcella Fiora Marcella Fiora / Diocletian Kahmen’’a Diocletian Kahmen’’a

"Ugh... kark" was the first thing the teen let out when he woke up in his comfy bed. Right now he had a splitting headache from all the free drinks he had with Daiya, one that caused his body to go lazy and refuse him to do much else rather than lay there. Cartri put a hand through his messy hair and forced himself to get up, even if it meant grumbling all the way through the process. Almost staggering to the window he opens the curtains to let the blinding sunlight slam into his eyes. It was enough for him to stumble back a few steps and trip over his shoes, ones that had been left carelessly the night before. With a thump, Cartri fell on his ass against the bed, groaning and complaining about how sick he felt. What a great start to the day...

He would of loved to sit there and get some more sleep, but he a mission to begin and the first order of business was to meet the others for breakfast to do just that. Cartri finally dragged himself up with effort and dressed for the occasion, deciding to throw on some casual wear and style his hair the best he could. Considering how bad he felt, the teen did a good job in making himself look fresh for the meetup.

Spraying himself down with some fancy deodorant, he sheepishly made his way out of the hotel room and went down to the food hall to meet up with the others. In the lift he could of sworn he fell asleep standing up for a few seconds, if it wasn't for the lifts ding reminding him to stay awake he probably would of spent the day there. Stepping out, he finally walked into the hall and found that he was the first one to arrive. He let out a small sigh and sat himself down on the table which could house all of them, before nonchalantly lowering his head to the table.

Beside him, a waiter came up and calmly stood beside him with a raised brow "What would you like today, sir?" he asked, hoping the boy would raise his head and give him a clear order.

"Ughhhhhh...." grumbled Cartri in response, not bothering to move his head at all.

"All star breakfast it is" The waiter said, hoping his translation of teenish was still up to scratch. With that, he tapped a few buttons on his device and went away to leave Cartri in his aching state. Now was a better time than ever to have a Caff...

Last edited:
QMosRsB.png

Tag: Ivory Stroud Ivory Stroud , Gabriel Lynch, Diocletian Kahmen’’a Diocletian Kahmen’’a , Daiya Daiya , Cartri Keswoll Cartri Keswoll

A New Day!
Marcy' had spent the past hour perched on the floor by her open balcony doors with a cigarra and a datapad in hand, enjoying the view of Lorinia's landscape from such a perfect vantage point. The serenity of having no distractions was a rare commodity and one that she particularly appreciated, an opportunity such as this really wasn't available often.

After a while, she stood up and collected her belongings~ putting everything away as it was and tidying up her room, a job that was usually left for housekeeping yet one she'd rather do herself out of habit. Once satisfied, she collected her key and made her way down to one of the resorts' lobby where she took a seat and waited for some of the team to hopefully appear.

Objective: Give me my Coffee, then we talk Objectives!?
Tag: Ivory Stroud Ivory Stroud | Gabriel Lynch | Daiya Daiya | Cartri Keswoll Cartri Keswoll | Marcella Fiora Marcella Fiora

HlLr6G6.png

<"Mushrooms can talk you know, they scream too. Apparently, they taste like 56-day old gym socks."> The Ubese slurred as he was half-dragged into the security department.

Diocletian was shoved into a holding room and because of the high inebriation he fell flat on his face, he was able to turn himself over so he was facing up towards the ceiling. To him this is normal, his dad did the same thing, and Diocletian was in the same room as it happened. How does he know any different? His head swam and he craved more Alcohol as the minutes ticked by, he began to list his favourites to himself.

He would never say he was addicted, just like a few drinks. His line of work required sobriety but as of right now it was necessary to be reckless and stupid, that way no one would think to look for an accomplice or anything sneaky. So now he was stuck in a cell on his back completely out of it.

He had to laugh at it, the plan went swimmingly, he snorted, wondered if he could swim or sink like a stone? His Clan were right inside the Ubesian interior, just north of the Mountains, far from any water for him to need to learn but he learned anyway because hunters needed to have as many skills as they can to make it far in the world.

It took him 10 minutes to realise someone was poking him in the side, oh, they seem to be letting him go as Ivory swung by to collect him. Finally, he felt ill, he forgot moderation. Diocletian awkwardly laughed as he was led away by Ivory, the plan worked perfectly and no one knew about the operation conducted under their noses. He can't keep a straight line as he was swaying as he walked.

Once Diocletian got to his room, he adjusted the atmospheric controls and took his helmet off as he began to upturn all of his food into the refresher loo. His intake of booze had been steadily increasing since Rhand and he thought nothing of it. But now he needed to get some shut-eye as he wanted to sleep this off by any means necessary.

HlLr6G6.png

Soon it was morning and Diocletian stirred not wanting to open his eyes or get up. His head did not hurt but it wasn't clear either, it felt like his head was stuffed with cotton and he wanted to skip breakfast, he can't as Ivory would not like his tardiness.

After much angry debating, he got up, donned his helmet and headed out again. Why did the hall have to be so bright? Following his nose, he soon found the dining area. The Coffee machines were pulling him towards them like a magnet, he just needs a Coffee, something to put some pep back into his step. Ahh, strong Coffee, just what he needed. He even felt some of his foul mood vanishing ever so slightly.

slQCnMc.png

(Post Soundtrack: "Sunrise" by Kygo, Jason Walker)

By the time she managed to crawl in front of the mirror, Daiya decided she looked better than she felt.

Her hair was a mess, her clothes were rumpled after crashing into bed with them on the night before, and her eyes were rimmed with arteries threatening red daggers toward wide pupils. The teen sighed, rubbing them again. Her makeup from last night was still happy to smudge, calling Daiya to drag herself away to scrub her face clean.

She felt much better after the shower, stumbling past the threshold on her way to the sink. Once there, it was hard for the teen to argue with the cleansing promise of guaranteed hot water, and she stood under the showerhead until her fingers wrinkled and the only blurriness in her vision was from steam.

Hunger drove the teen to dress herself and look halfway presentable for the breakfast meeting with Ivory and her Family partners. The hoodie and undershirt wasn't her winning combination for the day, but with a little blush on her cheeks and a brush through her hair, Daiya decided that her new visage in the mirror could sell the vision of a teenager awakened for a day of new adventure.

"Whatcha having?" Daiya asked in the hotel's lobby where breakfast was being served, creeping up behind the ginger boy nursing a caf. The plate in front of him looked practically untouched, and her greedy fingers couldn't help but snatch a sausage link from it to jumpstart her own meal. She snuck close to his face, tapping her lips on his cheek before wrinkling her nose. "You smell like chit."

The young shadowrunner sniffed at her date from the night before, Cartri had that standard overdone teenage boy smell that lingered too long in her nostrils. She gagged at the stench of his deoderant, clearing far enough away to order her own caf and pick up a plate to supplement the sausage. When she had a meal of her own, Daiya sat down next to Marcella with a beckoning gesture toward Cartri. She eyeed the woman's pack of cigarras with a wary eye this morning, remembering the drag she'd taken from Ivory's yesterday.

"It was Marcella, right?" Daiya stared a little too long at the cigarras, her eyes finally tracking up toward the woman she had only encountered on the spaceflight into Lorinia. The teen shook her head, trying to clear it enough to present a smile to the woman. Then she gulped at her caf and piled food into her mouth, yearning to fix the weary cloud that her hangover hung over her head. The teen nodded toward the cigarras, "Can I have one of those?"

Her better judgement was still waking up for the day.

Code Of Silence
Factory Judge
Ivory was up early - just as daylight began to creep over the horizon. She spent some time on her balcony in the warm Lorinian breeze, sipping a cup of cafe & having a cigarra as she considered the events of the past 24 hours... and what the next 24 hours might bring. As the sky began to brighten, a gentle breeze began to roll upon the waters of the ocean & through the trees which surrounded the resort. Even though Ivory preferred life on city planets like Coruscant or Denon, she felt more at-peace than she had in a long time...

But beneath the tranquil surface of this Oasis, she reminded herself, something dark stirred.

Her communicator beeped quietly from its place on the nightstand where she set it before bed. She reentered the room and retrieved it, glancing at it... then began to get dressed. Twenty minutes later, she had made the brief journey to their ship, still docked on the outskirts of the Grand Astral Resort; and it was there she would remain for the next few hours, until her team began to meet for breakfast.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Ivory arrived after a few of their team had already gathered, but she appeared to have been up for hours. She was bright, chipper, and seemed in surprisingly high spirits; smiling as brightly as the morning, ruffling Cartri's hair, slapping Diocletian on the shoulder, stealing a cigarette from Marcy's open cigarra case, and ordering a champagne cocktail from the handsome waiter.

The Donna slid into a seat beside Daiya, grinning as-if she'd stolen the largest diamond in the Galaxy & gotten away clean.

Toward Cartri & Daiya, she asked: "Did you two have a nice dinner last night?"

She shared some small talk, asking how everyone slept - and receiving mixed answers. Food was delivered, and as the group ate, Ivory kept an eye on their surroundings. When they were finally clear to speak in private, she explained:

"Since we're all together, I thought I'd catch everyone up." She looked around the table, then finally settling her gaze on the two Shadowrunners who'd joined them.

"Yesterday, Dio and I managed to successfully acquire some data on registered ships at the resort over the past few weeks, as well as employee manifests. It turns out he makes an excellent distraction." She grinned at the Ubese bounty hunter.

"I was also able to find something in my room… whomever stayed in it last must have forgotten to gather up all their filming equipment."

The subtle delivery of double-speak, she hoped, would be picked up by her crew.

"We've had a little development, this morning. It seems our friend here at the resort was able to isolate the frequency of that little device, left by our dear nephew's uninvited guests." She popped a berry in her mouth, and chewed. "It appears we may have a means to find them. Provided, of course, they're not on the other side of the planet."

She paused to take a sip from her mixture of champagne & freshly squeezed juice.

"This afternoon, we'll be meeting with the governor at her mansion to discuss the next step; Daiya and I will be attending. If anyone would like to join us, they are welcome - Gabriel will remain here to keep an eye on our things, as well as monitoring our Comms, should DeData find something out of the ordinary in the records we pulled"

She paused for a few moments, returning to her meal and allowing questions to filter in.

Daiya Daiya Cartri Keswoll Cartri Keswoll Marcella Fiora Marcella Fiora Diocletian Kahmen’’a Diocletian Kahmen’’a Kal Kal

Objective: Recover from the hangover
Tags: Daiya Daiya / Ivory Stroud Ivory Stroud / Gabriel Lynch / Marcella Fiora Marcella Fiora / Diocletian Kahmen’’a Diocletian Kahmen’’a

Still groaning to himself he heard the familiar voice of Daiya behind him, asking everyone who was currently there as to what they were having. Feeling her come to his side he tilted his head so one eye was sticking out to watch her as she pecked him on the cheek, soon admitting that he stank. Hmph, girls these days couldn't tell what smelled good from bad anyway. Cartri put his head back into the safe keeping of his arms and missed the thief steal his sausages, a hideous crime that was still yet to be noticed "Haha very funny Daiya..." he sighed to her complaint, his head finally raising up to lean his back into the seat.

Looking over to his date from last night he tiredly gave her a warm smile and watched as she tried to gain a ciggara from Marcela. Cartri slowly shook his head and giggled at the girls attempts "You and your smoking, one day you may actually cough that lung out" he chuckled over to them, carefully sipping on the warm caf that would surely give him a kick up the ass.

As he put his drink back down he didn't see the surprise ruffle attack come from Ivory, who seemed to have great joy in ruining all of his hard work from this morning "Ivoryyyyyy!" The teen grumbled before shooting a smirking and putting a hand through his hair to try and save what he could. In the meantime, the criminal mastermind asked them how their date went. Cartri couldn't help but blush slightly and look down, showing it went well even before he said it "It was a-mazing. We managed to find a little loophole to get free drinks and had a tiny bit too much..." he chuckled, looking to Daiya with a grin in the corner of his lips.

When Ivory began speaking again Cartri slowly sipped on his energy caf and listened closely, nodding to every high valued data she offered them. It was no surprise she had found bugs in her room, and it wouldnt be a shock if he found one in his "I may have to check my room too, I think some camera men stayed in mine last" he said to them all, hoping they'd catch the drift of checking their own rooms too. Thankfully, they already had a means to track it so it wouldn't be long till they found the source of their watchers.

"If you don't mind, I'll come along with you guys to the governors mansion. I'm curious to see what he has to say" he asked before taking a bite out of some bacon on the plate. By that time he should be more than capable of tagging along and more presentable in the sense that didn't make him scruffy.

X44PT3Y.png

'Cat People'​

After reaching the table where the team would convene for the mornings briefing, she was slowly joined by the rest of the gang; one of the young hacker folks parked herself next to Marcy', "Hey!, a pleasure," she responded jovially to the teenage shadowrunner, "If I'm remembering correctly, Daiya, right?" she continued, lighting up an Ivory cigarra and taking a deep puff. Out of the corner of her eye, she could see her eyeing Marcy's cigarra tin, although she eventually asked for one.

Marcella's face politely lit up out of joy, "Mm! Of course, the white ones are Ivory, they're your.. 'normal' cigarras, those green ones are great for beginners but don't do much for you, don't bother touching the red and black ones, they're for once we're back on the ship.." she grinned, curious as to which she would take with a lighter at the ready.

Cartri's comment was not missed, Marcy' snapped her eyes towards him, "
Want one kiddo?" she quipped, hinting at the green one, a polite beginners cigarra~ perfect for someone who would think so lowly of cigarras. After a few moments, Marcy's gaze was averted at the arrival of Ivory, who promptly acquired a cigarra from the tin followed by a slight grin from Marcella of appreciation.

As The Donna briefed the rabble, Marcy' continued to take puffs of her cigarra followed by occasional sips of tarine tea, a wonderful concoction. As Ivory paused to allow for questions, she followed suit, "
Mm, I'll come~ if you need me." she responded between cigarra puffs, listening in on what the others had to say.

Ivory Stroud Ivory Stroud , Daiya Daiya , Cartri Keswoll Cartri Keswoll , Diocletian Kahmen’’a Diocletian Kahmen’’a , Kal Kal

slQCnMc.png

(Post Soundtrack: "Fire and Ice" by Olivia Bray)

Daiya grinned at their casual introduction, nodding at Marcella's explanation. After her experience the previous day, she looked thoughtfully at the green versions the woman mentioned, her lungs stubbornly aching for the ivory type instead. The teen grimaced at the choice, her frown deepening when Cartri stuck his nose into the dilemma. Her eyes shot a glare at the boy who had given her such a fun night, the heaviness of morning hours on her eyelids outweighing any grace in his favor.

"Oh, right. You're the expert," she proclaimed, drawing attention to the boy's rugged looks and antics following his long absence. Daiya plucked an ivory cigarra from Marcella's tin, holding it between her thumb and forefinger, before flicking it at Cartri's chest. "Go on, juvie, show us how it's done."

Daiya giggled with that cut to the boy's ego, drawing a green cigarra for herself instead with a, "Thanks," to Marcella. She settled back to her breakfast, trying to hold the little rolled stick as easily as the woman was. Ivory started talking about some other events last night, and Daiya found herself curiously drawn in by the drama. Blue eyes widened when the Donna made surreptitious mention of a recording device, bringing the young shadowrunner right back to her experiences on Denon. That was a Corpo tactic if she had ever seen one, but before she could speak Ivory was already discussing the day's itinerary.

The teen was suddenly finding the urge to stay behind, her hands itching in frustration at the stolen chance to track down the surveillance leads. Her ears perked up at the sound of her name, and the morning fog lifted enough for Daiya to remember the dress and her excitement for the governor's mansion just a day prior. A grin bloomed on her face again, shooting a gloating look over to Cartri at her chance to finally have something over him. "I mind, what would you even wear? That little number you had on by the pool?"

Daiya giggled at the thought of the boy in beach attire again, and her eyes drifted over his shirt. The teen's eyes gazed for a moment, trying to replace her vision with memory again, until she felt a prickling adult glare on her skin. She didn't need to look up to know what they wanted, though it didn't stop the teen from grousing about it. "Yeah, fine, come along. We are here to do a job."

Job first, more fun later.

"Let's go play dress-up so we can find where the governor misplaced her nephew."

Code Of Silence
Factory Judge
bsCaUVNfobYl6EwMcua7a3aKhSeUQ2s6vRrMgHdovYlStIMCRcEfX20k0I2ka4M2LuRSqXyI5mma3oX8yp5FBD_jTSSOkSM79HRFQu4WSrGCjGRw60t0vcR2YYLlaxIhTUaVWWvy1x6LQEWTEg
Location: Azuria City, Auralia Region, Lorinia ~ The Governor’s Mansion
Objective: Make contact with Governor Malcha
Tags: Kal Kal Daiya Daiya Marcella Fiora Marcella Fiora Diocletian Kahmen’’a Diocletian Kahmen’’a Cartri Keswoll Cartri Keswoll
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

As The Grand Astral Resort’s private shuttle flew through the sky, Lorinia’s breathtaking scenery was on full display. The companions left the beautiful coastal beaches behind, trading them for the rocky mountains which surrounded the resort. As described in the tourist’s brochure, their destination - Azuria City - was not far; they’d arrive in less than an hour’s time. The mid-morning sun was bright & the air pleasantly warm. Within the confines of the spacious private transport, The Family & their Darkwire companions stared in awe at the planet’s vast wilderness, with Ivory remarking how much she’d desire to return in the future. “When we’re not working, of course.” She’d mentioned to Daiya & Marcella with a glint in her eye.

The Donna had chosen her customary business-like attire for this important part of their trip; a sleek, thigh-length black dress, heels, and her wide-brimmed black fedora. She’d chosen (against the advice of counsel) to go unarmed, choosing to rely on her team & their various skills and abilities. If everything went as planned, the only weapon she would need would be her voice. Over a cigarra & a glass of bourbon, she passed out Ident-chips to everyone on the team, reiterating (in hushed tones) their cover identities described them as being employed by a private security & investigation firm based on Coruscant. Their first objective, upon arriving at the Lorinian Governor’s mansion in an affluent district outside of Azuria City, would be to make contact with the powerful woman & confirm their their dedication to the case; secondly, while the meeting was underway, those not in attendance would be tasked with questioning Staff & investigating Nicdar Malcha’s quarters.

A short time later, Azuria City grew to prominence on the horizon. Immense cloud cutters rose high into the sky, reflecting the mid-morning sunlight like the faceted faces of a million gems. The air traffic increased substantially as a number of personal shuttles became visible, streaming to & fro as the millions of inhabitants went about their daily business. Nature gave way to civilization, as the mountains & greenery faded away to be replaced by buildings of every shape & size. The wealth of the city was on full display in all its breathtaking grandeur & pomp.

Within minutes, their pilot (an employee of the Grand Astral Resort, who’d been entirely silent throughout their trip) informed them over the intercom that they were nearing the outskirts of the city, and they’d be arriving in minutes. Ivory tore her eyes away from the scenery and flashed her companions a smile. Already, she was in-character: Gwendolyn Allos, Asst. Director of Operations. “Let’s get it done.”
9q2Hq0b.png

The shuttle swept in low, banking hard & killing its engines as it hovered before alighting on a private landing pad in the middle of a large clearing surrounded by trees. Through the shuttle’s 360-degree view ports, the Estate’s security was clear: electric fencing hidden inside the tree-line, a handful of uniformed guards patrolling some distance away, and thin metallic towers rising meters high which appeared to possess both cameras & powerful area lighting. Each appeared to be recently installed.

As Ivory disembarked from the shuttle, stepping down from the small staircase which had appeared to provide easy access to the ground, she indicated each of the countermeasures with a nod. “Looks like they’ve done some upgrading…” She muttered, so only her companions could hear. “Everyone stay close.”

Then, she took the lead.

Within the security cordon, the layout of the Governor’s Estate was a garden of paradise. Perfectly manicured grass, planters of sweet-smelling wildflowers, and the soft whispers of trickling water from a half-dozen fountains mingled with a gentle breeze which was quite relaxing. Ahead of them, the bronze walls of the large mansion was further surrounded by trees; butted up against a steep cliff-face. The steady roar of a waterfall some distance away droned on as it fell freely down a 200-meter drop into a peaceful river below. Far in the distance, Azuria City’s skyscrapers were barely visible through the trees, their windows still reflecting the morning sunlight.

Upon approaching what was surely the main entrance to the Governor’s Mansion, the group passed under an overhanging lattice covered in vines. In the shade, the temperature dropped pleasantly. Beneath their feet, intricate stonework had been laid in tiles which stretched across a private patio. Unoccupied furniture, a private lounge space, an empty private bar, and an unlit fire pit sat to one side; clearly unused for some time.

Ahead of the companions, the massive domicile’s interior was concealed behind frosted glass. Directly in-front of them, twin glass doors of silver steel & glass swung open, and the group was immediately joined by three armed guards & a blue-skinned Twi’lek woman dressed in emerald green robes - appearing very stately. The Twi’lek greeted them with a smile, flashing perfect teeth.

“Welcome to the Estate of Governor Mialie Malcha, Lady of Lorinia. You are expected.” The woman’s voice was musical. “My name is Trinity. I am Lady Malcha’s majordomo. What are your names?”

“Gwendolyn Allos, with Tempest Security Group." Ivory said, bowing her head respectfully then indicating with an open palm. "This is my team of investigators. We are grateful for Governor Malcha's patronage, and ready to help in any way we can."

slQCnMc.png

(Post Soundtrack: "You Look So Fine" by Garbage)

Breakfast in her belly and caf running through her veins, the young shadowrunner felt charged up for the day ahead. It didn't take her long to get back to her room and change into the stunning, grey sheath dress that Ivory had gifted her. The subdued fabric had a sheen that glimmered in direct light, otherwise it served as a warm contrast to her fair skin and the tattoos on her wrist and shin that could no longer hide from view. It took Daiya far longer to put on her makeup and brush her blonde and pink hair, leaving it down to fall across the slender shoulders that the strapless, sleeveless dress left untouched.

Daiya hurried to the shuttle with the others, walking as cautiously as she could to practice leaving her little blaster undisturbed in the concealed holster she wore on her thigh. It seemed like the teen had to re-learn the practice each time she put on a dress. Dresses were not the most common garb for Daiya's Denon, nor did she always enjoy how much they left undefended. She knew the first time a fight began while wearing a dress, she was going to massively regret wearing one. At least the blaster kept her more comfortable, Daiya hated walking into someplace completely unprepared.

She wasn't so sure their mission was as straightforward as Ivory seemed to believe.

In the shuttle, the teen found a seat next to Cartri. He was looking much better than he had at breakfast, and the memories they made the previous night came floating back up in her mind. It made her almost regret her cold, morning attitude toward him as she scanned the boy up and down, grinning at his choice of attire to meet such a high official. "If I didn't know better, I'd say you were this guy I knew named Cartri."

She leaned in to sniff at his better smell, grinning to herself before giving him a small peck on the cheek. Then the teen giggled, flushing almost as pink as her hair when she spied the tell-tale sign of her glistening, pink lipgloss on Cartri's cheek. Daiya hesitated before leaning further toward his ear, grinning to herself at leaving it there. "You look hot."

The teen fidgeted for a moment when she sat back in her seat, wishing she could bring a hand up to stifle her pounding heart. She was certain the entire shuttle could hear it, her cheeks hot from the awkward tension in the next seat. Daiya closed her eyes, shutting out the rest of the shuttle or even the mission for a moment. Her arm snaked across the seat to wrap around Cartri's as the teen bit her lower lip, letting her fingers intertwine with his. She left it there for the rest of the flight, ignoring the damp sweat that built up between their palms, the teen's clasped hand able to speak volumes more than she could about her feelings for him.

When they arrived at the governor's mansion, the young shadowrunner was far more ahead of herself. She stood up, her cheeks feeling cool and her heart beating steady now. Daiya brushed her hands off seat upholstery, turning to face an Ivory who was already in character. It was the third she had witnessed this trip, and by now the young shadowrunner was used to it. It didn't stop her from quietly in awe at the woman's talents, Daiya could barely keep her own character consistent besides playing more.

She followed Ivory and the rest into the Governor's Estate, and Daiya could have believed she walked into another world completely. Auralia province already took her breath away, but here in the private residence of its governor, the teen found herself marveling at every little thing. It might have been quiet enough to hear her heart beat, but for the chorus of a half-dozen fountains, their generous bounties cascading endlessly with more water than she could drink in a week. There were trees, real trees, planted around the mansion, and beyond it rose a huge cliff that seemed taller than a cloudcutter on her homeworld.

Daiya found herself at odds with opulence that would have been egregious even among Corpos on Denon, and the serene beauty of the estate. There was hardly a blade of grass out of place here, no one littered, and in fact the young shadowrunner could hardly see anyone to be littering. Stones took the place of duracrete flooring, and somehow she managed to walk across their inconsistent surfaces without tripping or giving away her blaster. All around them were the trappings of excess, and all of the empty, just waiting for someone to happen across an excuse to step up and use them.

A cloud gathered behind the teen's eyes. With all of this available to the governor, what could she have needed with a team of mercenaries from offworld? Anyone of this level stature could afford security to keep anyone in line, so Daiya could hardly imagine how the governor could have lost one single person with so much means at her disposal. Whatever it took to find this errant nephew, Daiya decided she was going to ask for double in pay.

"Ver-Sa Rai" the young shadowrunner said flatly to the majordomo. She clasped her hands in front of her, trying to follow Ivory's lead by bowing her head. Daiya hesitated a moment, wondering if she should have made a more formal gesture, weren't girls in dresses supposed to courtesy? She tried not to show the uncertainty in her eyes, blinking back her earlier thoughts to replace them with a cheery disposition. A smile she could fake, along with the appreciative sort of light-hearted words that beings of stature liked to hear. "These are beautiful grounds, they must cost a fortune to maintain."

At least, the young shadowrunner hoped those were the right words, she was far better at charming mobsters and mercenaries than majordomos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom