Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Picture & Music Preferences?

Do you enjoy reading posts that contain pictures?

• Total voters

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Hello 2015. What's up. Today I wanted to get some feedback on two things. Pictures and Music in your postings. Most specifically, if you guys and gals feel that adding images and song to your thread really boosts the overall experience.

Now. The poll is pretty slim, I get that. But I'm experimenting with numbers here so go with me. Mostly I am tempted these days to add more images and song to my 'Opening Post' when creating a thread. Post #1. Numero Uno. I'm not really talking about adding images and song to post number 23 or 110. That is so seldom that I doubt it's mention worthy.

But yeah. Let's say you come across a thread with pictures and song, just in general. Does that increase your experience or do you try to stay away from all that jazz. Just curious? :D

[member="Jay Scott Clark"]

I very much prefer music and pictures in posts, shab, I've even started adding music, and I would add pictures if my darned iPad would let me!

But yea, when looking at starting posts, the pictures add to my experience and the music kinda tops it off :p.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Maria Natalja said:
I can't stand posts with images (IC posts, obviously) and I think music is a cool addition to posts, although not all the time.
Yeah, I know it's not for everybody. There is no accounting for taste and a picture can say a thousand really-lol-wut?, words. Especially if it breaks immersion or distracts from the atmosphere. It's kinda my hesitation whenever I add them to a thread. I ask myself, "Did I just add to the experience with that image or song?" Or, "Did I just break it?" Lol.

Great reply Maria. :D

Depends. Pictures are decent as long as you don't overuse them.

Music is cool during those huge fight scenes where we all wish we could reenact Duel of The Fates. Otherwise, leave it out.

I don't really like pictures in posts unless they belong there or add to it, simply filling a post with a bunch of pictures for every object used is really over-doing it. Other than that it isn't much of an issue.

I love music, so I include it in a lot of my posts.

Picture yes, music even better. Part of the reason i carry around a violin on Solan and Nauren is because i love to introduce RL music into star wars especially on what i consider one of the most beautiful yet powerful sounding instruments there is.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Solan Charr said:
Picture yes, music even better. Part of the reason i carry around a violin on Solan and Nauren is because i love to introduce RL music into star wars especially on what i consider one of the most beautiful yet powerful sounding instruments there is.
That is easily one of the most unique things I have ever heard. That just rocked my world. :D

The inclusion of pictures is fine as long as it has something to do with the post. Like a pic of a location that's talked about in the thread, or maybe some graphic that helps explain a specific fight move.

Music can enhance the post, but not always. I am a music lover as a whole and have spent many hours going through the 'what are you listening to thread', but sometimes the music doesn't fit the mood of the post, so sometimes it's just something I skip over. We all have different interpretations of what song lyrics mean, so i will usually listen along while I read the posts, it's a neat little insight into the mind of the writer and the character.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
[member="Solan Charr"] I'm a Tolkien fan. How have I never thought of that? Putting music into my characters. It's flippin' brilliant. I might just have Karen or Megan take up the drums now. Dude brah. All the yes'z. :)

I'm always happy to see visual representation if it helps enhance or explain. As for music, if someone thinks a particular song will help dress the writing up or help make a point, I've got no problem with it.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nP3Ohvp0_MY[/youtube]

Pictures I'll tolerate as long as they aren't destroying the readability of the thread. And only if the thread warrants them.

I never listen to the music that's linked in a thread. This is a writing medium so use words to convey the atmosphere you're trying to set. Novels don't come with soundtracks. Let the reader pick the music and generate the sounds. Let them use their imagination. Use words to paint the picture and the mood.

I usually add music to posts just before or during a battle scene. (Most of the time it's video game music, but still!)
I feel like it adds depth the mood, but maybe that's just me.

Pictures are good if used to help the reader visualise something - a planet, a creature etc, so go it's worthy to help build the picture you're reading.

Music is so cinematic in making the words feel like a movie, adding to the emotion and I have faith all writers pick the right music for the moment and the character. It's a great addition to a post I feel; your own soundtrack.

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom