Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pets on the Promenade (GenPals Event and Exhibition)

“Really.” She grunted distractedly, fiddling with the settings on her datapad. The device had somehow added a heart shaped frame around the edges. Inwardly, she cursed the mandatory updates she’d installed on the machine last night.

She looked up as the little creature frolicked away and shrugged. “It’s a tiny reptile, they’re known for skittish behavior and short attention span.” She paused. “It probably got distracted by something else.” She didn’t want to outright agree with him, though it was probably true that he’d startled the little thing away. She imagined that it didn’t take much.

“Mhm.” Her attention was back on the datapad seeing as how the photo had now rotated itself. Damnit, she couldn’t figure out these buttons! They were all different now. She’d missed the bit of new vernacular, focused on this stupid photo app until he asked her if she wanted to pet one.

Farah hadn’t expected the question. “Do I what?” She sounded angry even though she wasn’t. Wide eyes tracked over to the SalaFranders as they frolicked about in the stall, adorable and….adorable. Farah wasn’t a complete monster. She found them cute as heck, but her exposure to animals was limited on things trying to kill her in the jungle and lab rats which she was not affectionate towards. “I…why would I want to do that?”

Now she just sounded confused.

[member="Samson"]

"Mhmm, I suppose it's over due," Cass murmured with a sigh.

Not a tour of the station, but going around, smiling and greeting. She had never been a secretive owner, lurking behind the scenes. While her face was not famous, it was not unknown in connection to GenPals itself. In the early days she had done their own add spots, and still occasionally featured in them. It was tedious and she didn't prefer it, but it was about branding and she knew just how vital that could be.

"One last fortification....." She said with a smile, her hand already on his chest. A tug on his tie, pulling him in for a kiss.

Of course, he tasted like the wine he'd chosen, but she also knew he'd done it on purpose to annoy her.

By the time they parted, there was some little conniption fit going on in the corner, attracting more security over. Cass rolled her eyes.

Settling her arm in Tash's when he offered, the pair departed. Cass, at least, immediately forgot about the Zeltron girl as soon as they did. Of course, it was about to be replaced with a different one as they passed by the Griffriends display area. This one, Tash knew.

[member="Itash Mecetti"] [member="Angelique Lelièvre"] [member="Persephone Alonna"]

Matteo followed along with a moderate amount of difficulty. In his position, he often worked with a variety of.... interesting.... accents. But the sibilant hissing was not all that common and it took his full attention to make sure he caught all of it.

He nodded, waving over a waiter to place orders. Drinks were customary, but he stuck with one of the ales on tap- a D'ian local brew and gestured for Vero to add his own order.

"On GenPal's tab, my friend," he said easily. A cheap magnanimity in truth but anything less would have been actively offensive.

Their drinks came quickly, an easy perk of being a GenPals executive on the GenPals station, and business didn't begin in truth until they arrived.

"GenPals is devoted not only to making certain our customers' needs are provided for," Matteo said, spreading his hands wide over the mug of beer, "But also that they are taken care of with the.... circumspection.... that is necessary to guarantee the privacy of our clients as they may need it. I can assure you that the needs and privacy of Lady [member="Matsu Xiangu"] and the interests of Maena will be catered to to the utmost of our capacity."

[member="Six-O"]

Valgærd

Miss Esis stood, and I clung to her robes as we started to walk down the ramp. The lights beyond shone brightly, the hustle and bustle of the makeshift market wafted their way, carrying with it the promise of a very good time. The smell of food drifted into my nose, causing my stomach to grumble loudly. I shushed it, not really wanting Miss Esis to hear it. She offered to pick me up. Even shy and scared as I was of everything, I nodded, raising my arms when she leaned down so she could carry me.

There was something about being in the arms of Miss Esis that seemed to crumple what was left of my fears. Up here, I could feel her warmth, smell the sweet flowery smell that I had come to recognise as her. I could relax. Clinging to her as we began to walk, I smiled at her, leaning down briefly to hug her shoulders,

“Thank you, Miss Esis.” I murmured.

As we began to walk, I turned my eyes to the streets. My breath caught in my throat. It was like a wonder land. Little stalls lined the walkways, people everywhere, I could hear animals bleating, and smell hay, along with the aroma of hot street food.

She asked me what I wanted to do first. I turned to her, shrugging my shoulders as I felt my face screw up into an expression of confusion. Honestly, I didn’t know. I wanted all of it! To see the pets, to eat something tasty, to just investigate it all.

“Um… I don’t know.” I admitted.

I was going to go on, to say more, but my tummy interrupted us, growling yet again as it demanded to be seen to. I glanced sheepishly down at it before turning back to Miss Esis,

“Maybe we could get some food first?”

[member="Esis Nas"]

[member="Farah"]

"Oh. Okay, that makes sense." He was still pretty sure it was his face that had scared the smol lizard, but Farah was trying hard to overlook it so it would have been rude to push against her attempts. Brows furrowed in thought as Samson saw the heart frame around the picture, "Um." That was it, he wasn't really sure what to say to that, so it was probably best to leave it alone. It seemed that Farah did have a romantical side, but it was reserved for... little cute pets and... things?

Weird.

Odd.

But who was Samson to judge her object of romance? Most definitely not the judge for that, considering his own occupation. She seemed angry about his suggestion. Samson knew better though, it were the little things like the lack of real tension in her shoulder muscles and temples.

They'd be bunched up for a punch or two, if she had been.

"Oh, I can't pet them myself, but I thought maybe you could do it for me?" Well, Sam could, but he had shown her his melon training just the other night. Not a success. The last thing that he wanted to do was accidentally burst a cute smol lizard like that. They were kind and smol and cuddly, lookatem butt wiggling, Samson didn't think anyone could dislike these pets. Maybe the people that created them, but that was about it as far as he was concerned.

[member="Cassandra Paige"] | [member="Persephone Alonna"]

His arm wrapped around her waist and pulled her in as Tash deepened that kiss of theirs.

Longer, heavier, searching just for an inch more.

The act of revealing himself to [member="Angelique Lelièvre"] had made him hungry. But after a moment Itash would let her go all the same, mostly because they did have appearances to maintain here. Cass would know though and that was all that mattered. Offering his arm they left the balcony behind and strode into the thick of things. Only for Tash to recognize a familiar person in front of the Griffriends stand. There was still some steps to take so Tash leaned in to murmur something in Cass' ear.

"There's Persephone," Tash would mumble, while keeping her eyes on his personal assistant. "I told you about her- her father is a... personal friend. It would mean the world to me if you didn't make her cry two minutes into the conversation, love."

It was a rare thing for Itash to consider someone a friend.

But Alonna was one of them.

Not very close, not conversating every day, but in truth that was the only way for Tash to have someone as a friend outside of a few rare exemptions. A light kiss was pressed against Cass' jaw, before they left the crowd behind and approached the young half-zeltron. It was a good thing that her skin wasn't the clashing purple or pink of the regular ones. Itash only found out after some heavy background checks and scrutiny. In truth he would have reconsidered if she had been an obvious zeltron.

They were only a distraction in the office as far as he was concerned.

"Persephone," Tash called out, greeting and pulling her attention in. "I see you have found the the griffriends already."

She felt the hunger- not the way the zeltron would have of course, but certainly there. She smirked against his mouth right before the kiss broke, a little smug, though for the wrong reasons. She just didn't know it.

When they reached the Griffriends booth however, and Itash murmured softly in her ear, Cass arched an eyebrow and glanced at him out of the corner of her eye.

That was not a common request. Sure, they had a general agreement not to abuse each other's employees, and this Persephone would have fallen under that neatly enough- they did not mistreat those that 'belonged' to the other, it was out of bounds of their games. So why did he choose now, this one in particular, to make it a bigger thing about? Because he was friends with her father? Or something else?

For a moment, the mental image of a blue skinned individual shifted through her mind, and Cass put it aside. Not away. Just.

Aside.

"I would never deliberately make one of your employees cry," she murmured in response, a touch of admonishment there.

She kept on her 'this is my public face' smile, pausing when Itash did.

"She seems to like them," Cass commented, smile widening slightly. Innocently, she tipped her head toward Tash. "You would let her keep on in the office, yes? Persephone, dear, pick one out. My gift to you for how much I have heard about what a good job you have done for Lord Mecetti."

[member="Itash Mecetti"] [member="Persephone Alonna"]

To the point had often been her way of things, though she enjoyed bouts of verbosity, she honestly did not think a Mandalorian would be poised to understand and much less value the subtle art of words. No, they liked simple things.

As for the security around Mandalore, why, it was an issue, but not one she was unprepared for. They were more irritating than insurmountable.

"Only if we get caught." "Which is why your assistance would be most beneficial."

She almost said she needed him, no. He was a handy tool, but not a requirement. She would not have bothered to approach had it not been for certain tells in the climate, certain ideas floating about. Recruiting Ronan would make it easier to get through, to navigate, and to motivate dissent. He could be a beacon against incompetence.

The creature in her lap yawned softly as it rolled over and presented belly. Ophidia's fingers ran up along its chest like a bisecting cut, splitting at the chest, then tracing back down in the same pattern.

"Besides, I have my ways of getting in where I need to be"

[member="Ronan Vizsla"]

Her fingers curled into the feathers just where the neck and the curve of his head met, the bird features blending with the feline giving her an idea. A happy trill echoed from the Grifflet as she scratched him just where one would a housecat- behind the ears. The resulting head tilt, eyes closing, and ruffling of feathers was all too adorable, Persehone content to continue until a scream rent through the room.

A fearful squawk escaped from the little turquoise Grifflet as it skittered away from the nose far on the other side of the atrium, Seph glancing around with wide-eyes, searching for the source of the noise. The echoing cry bounced around the atrium, startling and catching the attention of many, if not most of those gathered, before dying out abruptly. Coming to her feet to get a better vantage, she realized it was a futile endeavor throughout the sea of bodies that separated her from the rest of the exhibition. As it was, the sound had died out, failing to be replaced by another, the gala continuing with a few curious and hushed whispers but little other signs to be concerned.

More than likely the cry could be chalked up to a spilled drink, an overly rambunctious critter, or some other reasonable explanation that could be easily dismissed in the young girl’s mind. Instead, she turned back to the Griffiends enclosure and proceeded to attempt to coax her new friend from where he’d taken refuge.

At least, she assumed it was a he. How did one tell with such a creature? Were they like a cat? Look between the hind legs to determine the gender? Of was there something about the head shape and plumage that would-

”Persephone-“

The familiar voice caught her attention exactly as intended, the aide spinning with a slight wobble to face her employer as he approached with a rather beautiful woman on his arm. Even before she spoke, Persephone assumed this must be [member="Cassandra Paige"] , owner of GenPals and the host of today’s event. A wide smile, full of white teeth and true enjoyment greeted them, a small bow of the head as she glanced back towards the cage briefly, noting with a sigh that the little golden and aqua Grifflet had once again disappeared.

”Good evening, Lord Mecetti. Miss Paige! It’s a pleasure to meet you. Thank you for the invitation, what a fantastic collection you have, they’re adorable.”

A wistful undertone floated on the words that were absolutely genuine, any sign of the discomfort from the moments before, easily buried beneath the warm exterior. Cassandra seemed nice enough, all smiles, and kind words, right down to the offer to pick a Grifflet of her own, icy-aqua eyes flashing to [member="Itash Mecetti"] for confirmation, bottom lip pulled into her mouth with a small bite, resisting the urge to profusely thank the red-head. Even if he wouldn’t let it into the office, just owning one would be- a dream.

”I couldn’t- I mean of course I’ll purchase one- they’re so lovely- and-“ Her words tumbled out in a rush, a light pink blush coloring her lips as she struggled between accepting the offered gift and ensuring she wasn’t taking advantage of her host’s graciousness. ”I mean- Thank you so much, ma’am.”

Jorryn perked up as she felt a familiar presence approaching her, pulling her attention away from the ingrates standing in front of her. Her lips curled into a grin as her fellow Valkyrie came into sight. [member="Vaylin"] was the one who had inducted the Echani into the organization after a brief sparring session in the Bastion Sith Temple, making the pair sisters in arms.

The acolyte blushed slightly when as Vaylin looked around to the pair crawling around her, the discomfort of the situation returning to her quickly as Lord Fa began to lecture the pair standing in front of them. Jorryn quickly returned the Zabrak's look with one of her own, rolling her eyes as the bird berated the couple before closing his shut.

She gave a small chuckle as the pair scrambled away quickly, not wanting to test the patience of any Sith. Smart move.

Jorryn could feel the small creature bounce on her with anticipation, turning to face both it and [member="Darth Saarai"] seated on her shoulder.

"That sounds like a good idea, My Lord." Mostly she just wanted the small claws treading around her to stop, whether that meant [member="Tabigarashu Madara"] left or simply held still didn't matter to Jorryn. "Just remember to find us before we leave."

Her attention return to the girl in front of her with a rejuvenated smile as she remembered the announcement earlier. Jorryn already had many ideas swirling around in her head about what type of GenPal she would pick, it would be nice if it served a practical purpose and of course it had to match aesthetically.

"Well since we're both winners I suppose we should go collect the prizes!" The Echani said as she made her way beside the Valkyrie before setting off towards the prize station.

"So I hear you're a knight now, congratulations!" The question came mostly innocently, though it did cause Jorryn's mind to wonder about when she would reach that same level.

Six-O

The Pan-Galactic Scumbag
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HpKpkkSWWw[/youtube]​

Despite delay, it seemed as though the Halo Speakeasy was lazily beginning to fill. Humans, or some denomination closely related, made up the bulk of those gathering. An older crowd, mostly, many of them lacked their GenPals companion, instead anticipating attendants and conversations of a different sort.

Yes, the Arconan thought silently, his tongue caressing the air, feeding details and patterns of heat to show him things his blurry eyes could not detect. This was beginning to coincide with his tastes and comforts much more closely.

Human or Alien, all creatures were slaves of habit.

She'd been a sensuous little thing, the woman that served them; Hips that wagged side-to-side with a pleasing sort of swagger. In the dull lighting, Vero couldn't actually make out the smoother details, but the way her body burned with passionate heat, he could tell she was of Zeltron stock. For a brief moment, while those drinks were ordered, Vero Cyone had to be thankful. Had Xerrzyk been here, the Klatooinian unquestionably would have demanded to know to whom she belonged, and also consider how much her flesh would sell for on market as a Carafel.

Not that this reflection had not also stared Vero Cyone directly in the face either.

But, alas. . .

"Yess, ouhrr needss," the Spliff had been extinguished, clawed fingers crushed the small stub that remained in to the dusting of ash at the bottom of the tray, leaving it crumpled and wafting a single, sad, tendril of smoke for several moments longer at the end of the table closest to the Alien. "My frriend, thass of the verry thingss I'm here today to sspeak on!"

The music was low, but deep enough to drown the conversations of the background in. Naturally, there were a certain number of scornful stares, this wasn't some Shadow Port Dive or Lawless Black Market Site, this was a place of Culture - Human Culture. But they drifted by voicelessly, letting Metteo and Vero continue on with the art form that was Out-of-Office dealing.

That somber Ale though, somehow it seemed as though the Representative of GenPals had offended the Non-Human in some sort of asomatous way that only would make sense if your life revolved around the affairs and tales of Underworld scumbags.

Which in some way - a large way - Vero Cyone very much was.

"Yes, very good. . . very good, my friend." Said the Arconan, raising a tulip glass to the man, inside a liquid the color of marigolds, rolled thickly. It'd be deceitful not to admit his surprise that they carried this particular beverage here, but the Corporate Sector was indeed so close, regardless of that. It was an impressive sign. "Would I be false in saying you've seen the sales of the A'zan-ix?" Vero questioned gently, swirling the liquid so casually, so slowly. This was of course an exceedingly rare vintage of Orron III Whiskey, Aged more than 1100 years in specialized barrels made of Caranilla Amber Wood, a breed of tree that had gone extinct due to deforestation for larger farms to feed the expanding population in this stretch of Space and for the Caranilla Spice that humans seemed to like sprinkled on plain white toast slathered with a twirl of butter. Vero owned an entire Barrel of it, a gift from [member="Matsu Xiangu"] - where she got it he never inquired. It remained gingerly stored away in his impressive collection back on Maena, never touched, so this indeed would be a wonderful treat - on GenPals deci-cred.

Mmm, bold, sharp stabs, of vanilla and caramel wounding his palate so ferociously even he was shocked blood hadn't been drawn. It was warm, pleasantly warm, and left all that sipped from it locked in a moment of silence to behold the wonder of what once was. It also had the oft forgotten effect of feeling so feathery light that after it's consumption one had to remain vigilant making sure they didn't float away in a soft breeze.

The three Arconan Fingers he'd ordered would set GenPals back 29,875 Galactic Standard Credits.

Vero Cyone was a Master of the Game!

"And you know the Unknown Territories are vastly larger than everything from the Rim to the Deep Core, you understand?"

[member="Cassandra Paige"]

[member="Cassandra Paige"] | [member="Persephone Alonna"]

Outwardly Itash maintained that pleasant smile.

But inwardly... well, in all honesty he was still impressed.

She had pushed him into quite the little corner as far as Itash was concerned. Oh, it would be easy enough to tell Persephone no and that would be the end of it, Cass knew that, Tash knew that and even Persephone knew that (attesting to the way she looked at him with that question). But Tash wouldn't do that and Cassandra knew this too. It was too crass, too... blunt.

There was no game to it.

"Oh, that sounds like an absolutely marvelous idea." Certainly not, but sometimes pain had to be received to dish it back out. "Your office has all the amenities necessary to support one, yes? Considering I come to visit quite often and I wouldn't dare ask Persephone to leave that poor thing behind while accompanying me."

The pleasant smile grew wider at the end of that.

Perhaps some part of Persephone would notice the dance that was being played out before her.

Then turning to his assistant. "Which one would you like then?"

[member="Jorryn Fordyce"] | [member="Tabigarashu Madara"] | [member="Vaylin"]

He took one long look at the pair of youngster Sith and another slightly slower look at the excited tripsing of Hirou.

Then made the only sane decision.

"Very well then. Jorryn and Vaylin will go collect their... prize." Tai still wasn't sure how he felt about all this GenPals nonsense. Well, the fact that he was already internally reflecting on it as 'nonsense' probably told him enough about his own opinion. "Hirou will explore and I..." With a soft whisper of silk cloak Tai glided off of Jorryn's shoulder and landed lightly at the center of the atrium's floor.

Right in the middle of the Thirriken tail decorated on top of it.

It was a nice touch all things considered.

"...will find myself a proper spot to work on all this infernal paperwork." Well, anyone that truly knew Tai would know that there was nothing he considered infernal about it. He loved it all, but that was his manner of a joke. Ha. Ha. "We will reconvene within two hours at the shuttle."

The stern look he gave all three of them underlined that being late would earn an even sterner talking-to.

Then the Thirriken fluttered off with his smol hover-table in tow.

[member="Darth Ophidia"]

Assistance.

Ronan almost snorted, but left that in the middle.

It didn't truly matter to him if the Sith thought that she was all that. They all bled the same at the end of the day, all that Ronan cared about was that Yasha and her kind would be the ones bleeding at the end of this. If that meant letting the assassin spread her peacock wings just a bit here and there? Then that was a reasonable trade-off as far as Ronan was concerned.

"Mhm." Ronan grunted while letting the tip of his finger draw a line from the small lizard's head down its back and tail and up again. If there had been any annoyance before, then... well... there was still annoyance but Vizsla was much less tempted to crush it under his hand.

"What do you need of me?"

It all depended on the approach that she had in mind.

Some paths would be easier for him to help with, while others... would be more difficult now. Not impossible, but difficult and he'd certainly request the assistance of some others that Ronan knew had no love for the Empire. No love for the child. She had done a number on her own numbers as far as Ronan was concerned, but that was only a good thing for them, wasn't it?

Esis Nas

sᴛᴇᴡᴀʀᴅ ᴏғ ᴘᴀᴅᴀᴡᴀɴ ᴋᴇsʜ
Esis lowered herself to pick Emmie up, knowing that now she would be able to catch a look of what awaited them from her new vantage point. Lots of people had gathered here today, which spoke very well of the popularity of the enterprises hosting the event. Esis could feel eyes linger on Emmie and herself occasionally. It was nothing noticeable or bothering, so the Je'daii did not give it more thought than the one it needed.

"You can call me just Esis if you'd like to, sweetie." She said, her caring gaze falling on Emmie's light colored eyes. The teacher wanted her to know that there was no need for formalities that it was okay to call her simply by her name if she wanted to. As a mentor, Esis felt equal to the children in every sense and only drew forward the authority the relationship between an apprentice and its teacher implied when absolutely necessary. The thought that she had never had to do such a thing gladdened her. Every relationship was better based on mutual respect and care than on fear or authority.

A light chuckle escaped her lips as the girl's tummy made itself known. They had been travelling for a couple of hours and it was logical that hunger placed its characteristic pull on her. On both of them, really. Esis could do with some food too. The bright green eyes of the Steward glided to set their emerald gaze forward, ready to pin-point a place were the youngling and her could eat. "That is a good plan. I am quite hungry too!" Her smooth voice held happy and relaxed tones.

Soon enough she found a nice place. It was nestled between two shops and from it wafted the enticing aroma of delicious food. The place was very beautiful and, if she was correct, the restaurant gave way to an ample terrace with tables. If they sat there, they would be able to admire the sky while still looking at the market and all the interesting things that went on within it. When they entered, a very polite man guided them to a table in said terrace and left the menus with them before walking away, giving them time to choose.

Esis opened the menu and looked at Emmie before starting to read. "You can choose whatever you like, Emmie. Let me know if you need any help, okay?" Sometimes children came across plates they were curious about but didn't precisely know about them. She herself had been the type of kid that could ask a million questions about different offers, to end up choosing the same thing as always in the end. The memory painted a soft smile on her lips. Esis might not have grown up with the love of parents, but her childhood was a happy one and she'd always be grateful for it.

[member="Emberly Carrick"]

[member="Itash Mecetti"] [member="Persephone Alonna"]

Cassandra gave Persephone a once over, and offered a very casual sidelong glance at Itash. Collecting redheads now? She would have smirked but it would have been rude. And while Cass enjoyed a good show of rudeness, she tended to only let it out when it was beneficial.

Of course the desire to smirk was lost when he riposted perfectly.

"Dear you spend so little time at my office these days," she demurred. Glancing at Persephone with a knowing 'woman to woman' sort of smile she added, "Very busy man, our Itash, isn't he? But of course there would be a place for a GenPal in GenPal's offices, yes?

And with that she deflected- there was a space for employees to bring their GenPals, but it was decidedly not her office. Easy as pie.

[member="Six-O"]

Matteo didn't seem to notice the waitress himself, some combination of different inclinations and distraction while tallying up how much this meeting was going to cost his bosses (and potentially him).

He kept his winning smile in place, but the edges seemed almost plastic when Vero placed his order. He was well paid, received excellent benefits and the number of perks involved in his job were frankly ludicrous. And while the owner of GenPals herself would not have even blinked, Matteo had no such illusions about just what kind of money was about to be casually thrown down the throat of a guest. There was no set limit to the funds available for wooing clients, but this dwarfed any other single situation by a long stretch and Matteo could feel a trickle of sweat run down between his shoulder blades.

It was probably fine. The business potential from Maena and being on good terms with yet another powerful Sith was surely worth it.

Right?

He wouldn't be fired it.

Probably.

At least, not if he could land the account.

"Mhm of course," Matteo confirmed, leaning back and trying to relax the tension in his shoulders. Taking a sip of the ale he'd ordered himself and finding it a bit harder to enjoy compared to usual.

"A limited run, testing the waters of the market. They did astoundingly well, and GenPals expects to unveil them to the Galaxy at large in the next quarter. We are hoping to expand our efforts in the Unknown regions for that very reason. Untapped markets and different tastes than in the core."

~*Attention GenPals Guests! We are pleased to announce the next drawing for a GenPal of choice! Will [member="Emberly Carrick"] please make their way to the Guest Services desk on Floor Nine at your convenience. Congratulations Emberly Carrick on the new addition to your family! Pick Friends. Pick Family. Pick GenPals.*~

[member="Esis Nas"]

Her hands clasped lightly behind her, the urge to rock up onto her toes and back to the flat of her feet was there, a manifestation of both a tinge of nerves and her excitement. Yet, Seph resisted, glancing from her employer to the lovely red-head beside him while they had their…back and forth.

Head tilting slightly in curiosity, her smile widened as he concurred with her being given one, a bit surprised that [member="Itash Mecetti"] would care enough to ensure that her new pet would have a place to reside when they traveled. The idea that the exchange was in fact a game between the pair was completely lost on the Zeltron, their expressions and kind words hiding the tension and needling far beneath. The once over [member="Cassandra Paige"] cast her way and the accompanying silent admonition also went unnoticed as she turned back to the habitat housing her new friend, one hand dipping back down to the small Grifflet she’d been connecting with as they had wandered up.

”I’d like this one, he’s- I think it’s a he- so sweet and just…perfect.”

The little bird had wandered back over, the fear from the cacophony of noise before having dissipated as things resumed their normal progression. Coaxing him onto her palm, she tentatively lifted him up, a small surprised noise as petite nails dug into her palm, his weight a bit unexpected. A single drop of blood beaded around one such talon, unnoticed as she raised him just below eye-level.

”Ooof- I thought they’d have a bird skeleton but obviously they’re denser than you’d expect- can they fly?”

Voice rising a bit at the end, a hopeful, wistful tone as she asked, eyeing the little figure in detail. She had to admit, they were a beautiful blend of bird and feline, small, yet sturdy, with coloring that shouldn’t exist in the natural world. Pulled out of her silent musings, years of research question swirling in her mind, she turned her attention back to Miss Paige with a soft laugh.

”Busy, yes, that is if you can even pin him down long enough for a meeting!”

[member="Persephone Alonna"] | [member="Cassandra Paige"]

"Oh, Cass has her ways of cornering me, when the situation demands it the most." Tash retorted smoothly with another pleasant smile. Oh, he'd let her riposte sit there, but both of them knew that it was hardly over.

It would have been one thing if it had been just a sparring of words.

But now Itash would have to accommodate that.... thing-

Head tilted just an inch as an idea suddenly inserted itself into his mind, while they watched Persephone pick up the smol creature. If it was possible to smile more than Itash surely would have tried it. "Oh, cute little critters though, Cass, your personal touch can be almost felt..." Paige would know that the man next to her was leading somewhere. Luckily she wouldn't have to wait very long before the hammer came down though. "...now I am almost tempted to buy one for us, wouldn't that be fun?"

Very innocent and maybe even a little bit eager himself.

Not for the reason most would have when contemplating the purchase of a cute critter though.

Proxy petting?

"I'm not going to do that."

Farah squinted. She knew that Sam probably wanted nothing more than to cuddle the cute little SalaFranders but to do so would put them at great risk. But she wasn’t an animal person. Hell, she was barely a person.

“How about this.” She tried to come up with a compromise. “I will…take one of these creatures and hold it. With my hands.” The thought of actually touching an animal for recreation was something foreign. She knew that people had pets, but Farah never saw the purpose.

She gave a pointed look to the stall attendant, a young woman who seemed overly chipper, nearly as adorable as the SalaFranders themselves. “Oh, of course!” She beamed, motioning for Farah to pick one up.

Sighing, the Zeltron awkwardly scooped her hands around the little lizard that had shared a moment with Sam. He wriggled in her hands, curious about everything. His tiny tongue slipped out to taste her hand and she grimaced.

“Hold out your hands flat so he can walk around on them.”

[member="Samson"]

Six-O

The Pan-Galactic Scumbag
The discussion endured, back and forth, it lasted for what must have seemed an eternity for Matteo - in reality, only four songs had wandered by. Vero liked watching the human sweat, especially since every flick of his serpent like tongue let his senses gorge on details the man was not even letting on to. That subtle shift in his body heat, the way his spurious smile gave way to teeth that were even counterfeit.

Given the nature of what Vero had partaken in the months prior to this exchange, it actually was quite a grand time.

Seesawing the finer details of the New City, the profane nature of Maena's wealth and the unhallowed souls that haunted it. It was a yarn unwound with flexuous wandering. The unruly nature of [member="Matsu Xiangu"]'s purlieu just harmonized so well, the real crime would be not allowing the Orchestra to play. It was a hub within the Unknown Territories of loosely charted Galactic West, it was a nerve center of trade with intense expendable income.

Kark, it was a bastion for any and all that sought to avoid the Acts of Law afforded to Sentient Species and Animal Rights!

The brush would never be taken out of the hand of the Artists.

Nor would the Wealth be lifted from their coin purse. No.

"You ssee, my friend, Matssu iss a verry bussy woman." Vero explained, "Sshe'ss looking forr the talehnt! Naht forr the Crreditss!"

As it stood, Matsu held quite a great bit of adoration towards Science - or at least, the perversion of it - but keeping the Volcano of 600 Cities from erupting in to another full blown War and operating under the banner of the Sith. . . well. . one could just imagine what little time she had.

In fact, since Xander Mavros, she had not even slotted another Lead Scientist in at The Unit.

Some time passed, Vero seemed to fidget around awkwardly for a moment - whether it was because of the Whiskey or not was left to question. However, as if on queue, in walked another stowaway from Maena. Just back from business on the surface of D'ian.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7xst5p81W0[/youtube]​
Derketa Ashmedai.

Her body seemed to appreciate this song on some instinctual level, she moved with a sort of pliancy that could make your temperature rise. Svelte, legs that seemed to climb on for an eternity. She was tall, human, at least at first glance. Her face was built with a highly agreeable sort of symmetry, lips painted the color of Coruscant Plum, sporting a sharp undercut fade, hairstyle of a strange blue-grey - her natural color. And those eyes.

A sinister shade of gold, more predatory than a feline.

"J'a-hy'sn, Vero." The woman said, her voice attractively deep and smoky, "Z'sha uun l'yx-ot Sith, ya'htus-ai vya, Matsu." It was one of a number of Maenan Dialects, Kr'ylland to be exact, it sounded harsh and unusual, too violent for a human tongue to twist itself around. Yet she did.

"We were just getting to the Sith, actually, weren't we. . . my friend?" The Arconan said smirking, those massive yellow eyes gazing upon Matteo. "This is Derketa Ashmedai,"

Before Matteo could even retaliate in kind, or make a move to leave - for that matter - Derketa slid in to the bench seat beside the man, gliding almost uncomfortably close. Her jacket open, chest not exposed, but very much bare, a small rattle of a Corusca Gem hanging from a Aurodium Chain whispering as she crossed her legs beside the man.

"How about a drink, on the Mother." She said, her head slowly turning, eyes clutching Matteo in her gaze as those full lips peeled in to a devious smile. "And while we wait, tell us about your Vornskrills? I want to know. . ." She paused, leaning closer, "Everything."

[member="Cassandra Paige"]

Valgærd

It was nice being in Miss Esis’s arms. She was sweet, and it felt safe. Even though people looked at us occasionally, I was able to bury my head in the woman’s shoulder and pretend they weren’t there. As we walked, she corrected me, telling me that just ‘Esis’ was fine. It was strange, to be given such freedom. Father had always made sure I was so formal, all the time. I wasn’t to disappoint him. But this… this was different. He wasn’t around anymore.

“Th-thank you, Esis.” I replied quietly, seeing how it sounded, how it felt to say it. It was nice. I nodded with approval.

Esis chuckled at my grumbling tummy as I blushed, my cheeks turning red. As she walked, I didn’t even see where she was going, my eyes were just glued on our surroundings. I’m glad she said she was hungry too. I didn’t want to impose, I didn’t want to make her take me somewhere just for me, without her wanting to go as well.

We soon entered some sort of restaurant, and she put me down and I climbed into a seat, taking the menu that was offered and thanking the man quietly before he walked away. Esis said I could choose whatever I wanted. Whatever I wanted? What did that even mean? I opened the menu and just stared at it, my eyes travelling over all the options as my mouth began to water.

An announcement came over the PA, I squeaked as my name was mentioned, the menu falling out of my hand onto the table. I turned up to the lady opposite me, my heart suddenly pounding. What had I done wrong? I hadn’t caught the whole thing.

“Did… did you hear that?” I asked, wanting to be sure, “Where do we go?”

[member="Esis Nas"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom