Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pets on the Promenade (GenPals Event and Exhibition)

Farah didn’t know how to answer that, and thankfully she didn’t immediately because something mean would have come out of her mouth. Not because she didn’t like Samson—she did like Samson—but because rude sarcasm was her default. Instead, after a few moments of thought, she shrugged. “Whistle if you’d like, Samson.” The pair didn’t exactly blend in here as a massive humanoid and suited Zeltron, but who cared?

She’d looked into GenPals before. Hell, she’d even considered applying for a position in the company’s R&D division. It was admittedly impressive how GenPals could blatantly pull off what some would consider ‘genetic abominations’ for the sake of profit but hey, they weren’t the first victims of selective breeding. Usually genetic modification like that was to enhance a certain quality that could be considered more traditionally useful, but cuteness seemed to make credits. Piles and piles of credits if the success of GenPals was anything to go off of.

Oh man, what she would give to see inside one of their labs.

Samson seemed to be on board as well. Not because of the raw science, but because of the….Farah had turned to look at the pets on display when he’d mentioned them. Oh Force, they really were soul crushingly cute. Okay, she got it now.

“Alright.” She agreed with a muted cringe. “But only to look.”

He’d gotten better at not crushing organs during surgery but she still had to mentally compare the tiny creatures to the relative density of a human heart.

[member="Samson"]

Peace begins with a smile.
The first thing she saw was the clenching of the fist, then the tensing of muscle travelling up along Tegan's body to facilitate movement. Kaia could see all of her, it was part of what she was, what her senses were like. She could have ducked out of the way, let her hit bare air. What would be the point? Tegan would only throw another, or let her emotions get the better of herself again.

Kaia stood firm, the fist clapped her straight in the nose, her head snapped back, hit the wall with a clear clunk.

She sank to her knees and watched as a drop of organic matter fell from her nose to the elevator floor, then another. Her head felt fuzzy on the inside, but a smile spread on her lips again. Tegan was much like Des indeed. A light glowed between her fingers as she corrected her nose with a muted crack and stopped the bleeding. Then she stood up, calm but determined.

The persons about to step on stopped, gawked at her bloodied face and stepped aside as the Miraluka picked up her stick and stepped off the elevator. She looked at Tegan where she walked a number of steps above. Many thoughts rushed through Kaia's head.

"You are going to have to hit harder than that if you want to make a difference."

Her smile was tainted red, but just as wide as before.

[member="Tegan Katarn"]

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
[member="Kaia Vullen"]

Rather than the silence of Kaia giving up the young Miraluka pulled herself together and followed along with Tegan.

A bloody smile even.

If Tegan had any respect for anyone other than herself it would have shown about now. "Manage to pick ya self up again, huh?" A shrug, because in her books that didn't actually mean all that much. Not when you were the kind of person hiding out while the Galaxy around you was on fire. "Didn't really care about changing ya or not, was just satisfying to punch ya in the face, truth to be told." Tegs wasn't a Jedi. Never would be either. All that tranquility and sanctimonious crap was beyond her. Peace and quiet while people were sold into slavery and the Sith were burning a path through the Tingel Arm?

Nonsense.

"Ya planning on pulling ya self outta that self-pity train then? Or what."

Because if Kaia thought that she could just follow the Lorrdian around without actually meaning the path ahead? Then there would be a world of pain coming. Because even with her Force Sight... Tegan had that and Kinetic Communication.

It probably also helped that she hadn't been spending her time petting cute little critters and was actually fighting for the greater part of her time.

[member="Farah"]

Samson considered her answer for a moment.

Then, tentatively, tried his best to whistle. It wasn't an immediate success as the air escaped without doing much in the way of clear sound. It took him a few attempts (moments where he pointedly ignored Farah and anyone around him), until eventually he managed to make his first clear whistle. Some people around him turned around and stared at him in a mixture of varied expressions.

Most of them was a form of incredulity to be fair.

"Hmm." Farah looked towards him and Samson shrugged. "I expected more, but I guess that was okay."

No, Samson didn't think he'd whistle more when he was impressed by something. It seemed to be more trouble than it was worth. It took a lot of time and in the end everyone ended up staring at you. Noooo, he didn't like that at all.

But Farah's approval (if only half an approval) inspired a bright smile from him. "Okay!" They approached one of the stands and this one had a variety of SalaFranders tripsing about on the desk. They were so so so cuuuuuute. Just humming along, sniffing a bit in the air or wiggling their little butts when they saw something that they seemingly enjoyed.

Samson almost reached out before remembering Farah's words.

No touch.

Instead Samson leaned in a bit and looked closer- one of the SalaFranders bounced towards him and leaned in too. They almost touched noses!

"Look, Farah!"

[member="Ronan Vizsla"]

Respecting the strength of the Sith, she liked the answer.

"That is a wise attitude."

What could he do for her? It was rather what she could do for him, and while doing so, what she could achieve for the sake of the Sith and the Empire. The Dark Lord's son had died on Mandalore, the Dark Lord himself was humiliated and made subject to a kangaroo court, a mockery of justice and their alliance. No apology could account for such a travesty.

"I want to aid you, Alor Vizsla." "In setting Mandalore back on the righteous path."

She sounded sincere, though there was a glint in her eye, predatory in nature.

"They are weak, erratic, the-" She waved a hand dismissively "Whatever she calls herself." "The child has no place on the throne."

There was genuine disgust in her voice. As much as she disliked Mandalorians, she detested its most current iteration. They had lost all the reigns that kept them in line. Now, there was a great uncertainly lingering within the alliance and Sith like Ophidia wanted to take the initiative.

"I want you to help me infiltrate the Empire so I can bring back justice."

[member="Darth Ophidia"]

While he might have respected their strength, he had a dislike for their... attitude more often than not.

Quiet strength.

That was what Ronan respected most of all.

Whenever there was posturing or even a reveling in their strength was when you lost him. "I am sure." Vizsla retorted while waiting on her to get to the point. Thankfully that didn't take very long. There were Sith that... talked and talked and talked, but luckily it seemed like Ophidia wasn't necessarily part of that stream of thought. For a moment he had been afraid he was going to be forced to go through another pink-colored monologue.

The righteous path.

Something told him the aruetii had a different perspective on that than him. ...and there it was, exactly what Ophidia wanted (or needed) from him to get what she wanted in this situation. "I see."

It made him wonder if Zambrano knew of this. "Not worried they will realize it is you and kark up this shiny alliance of yours?"

Large vehicles mounted with ysalamir weren't a joke as far as Ronan was concerned. At this point the entirety city would be covered with that crap, the moment she sat foot inside the capital, there wouldn't be any Force to fall back on. Maybe Ophidia was aware of this already, maybe she had already been accounting for that, but Ronan was curious on what she'd reply.

The SalaFrander started nomming on the tip of his finger.

Ronan looked down, frowning just a bit, before using his middle finger to rub at its brows just a little bit. It seemed to like that.

Darth Imperia

D
Angélique Lelièvre knew this conference wasn't going to be particularly pleasant. It was going to be filled with corporate executives, and they made her skin crawl; always selfish, often cold-hearted, and only rarely given over to the sort of passions which Angél firmly believed made life worth living. Dark Siders, too, were likely to litter the promenade; they had a knack for worming their way into high society, although Angél had to admit that she found them to be preferable to their Non-Force-Using counterparts. A Dark Sider, at the very least, had the excuse of their emotions - rage and lust and hatred and pleasure and everything else made more intense by their power. Still, Angél could tolerate these sorts of people; they all wanted the same things, felt the same things as everyone else. They may not have been particularly pleasant, but they were familiar. Natural.

What Angél found in the Conference Station was anything but. There was the usual, of course; the dark and the cold, the vaguely unpleasant, but there was more. Against both her better judgment and the insistence of one greeter - whose cheer was so blatantly fake that Angél considered it an insult to the concept of happiness - the young Zeltron leaned against one of the pillars that held up the second floor balcony.

And she focused.

With so many people milling about, it normally would've been hard to pinpoint who was feeling what, but the fundamental wrongness here stood out starkly against the comparatively pleasant background noise. The first presence was marked more by what it lacked than anything else; connection. It didn't mingle. It was an island in a sea of emotion, untouched by the tides and currents around it, and only barely producing anything itself.

Then, out of the metaphorical corner of her mind's eye, Angél felt something worse. Timidly, meekly, she reached out and touched it.

And she screamed.

--

[member="Itash Mecetti"]
[member="Cassandra Paige"]

The words that came from the Thirriken on her shoulder blew into her ears like a wave of disappointment, quickly reminded Jorryn that she was here as part of an assignment instead of her own enjoyment.

"Of course, My Lord."

The Acolyte's hands folded neatly behind her back as she calmed her quickened stride to a normal pace, replacing the look of anticipation on her face with a stern stare facing forward. Her amber eyes wandered around the entrance hall, darting around from the balconies to the mixed batch of people from around the galaxy that had found themselves attracted by either business or desire for a pet.

She had to distract herself somehow since the business between the two creatures running around her didn't include the Echani, twisting her neck and closing her eyes in discomfort to hold back a scream as the smaller of the pair made it's way over her nape.

Jorryn's eyes opened to something even more uncomfortable, a young woman leaning inquisitively towards her staring at the two on her shoulder. The older man who accompanied her stood back with a grin and a drink as the girl with him began gushing over the pair.

"I uh..."

The Acolyte's couldn't properly find the words caught in her mouth, leaning back awkwardly in response to being caught off guard.

Normally Jorryn wouldn't mind a nice ego stroke but for now her eyes turned towards the Sith Lord surveying papers an her shoulder, wondering how he would respond to being called a pet. She was tempted to laugh when asked what the names of the pair were, but she bit her tongue so as to not upset the Lord Inquisitor further.

She pressed her left leg backwards into order to fix her posture before Jorryn put her fist in front of her mouth and clearing her throat.

"You are talking to Darth Saarai, Lord Inquisitor of the Sith Empire." The Echani annoyedly said as she tried to discipline the young girl. "Learn about who you're talking to before approaching so casually."

"O-oh" The girl muttered as she defensively backed up, an apologetic tone though her face showed she didn't entirely know what she had done wrong.

"I apologize then, Lord Saarai." She said with a small bow of her head. "I was just curious about the pets you carried with you."

Jorryn scoffed with disbelief before her face turned to a more annoyed look. "Not me." Her eyes motioned towards the Thirriken on her side before staring back at the woman in front of her.

[member="Darth Saarai"] | [member="Tabigarashu Madara"]

As Vaylin looked at the attendant, she wondered if being far too enthusiastic was part of their job description. If the Zabrak remained longer would their expression suddenly crack and twitch? Vaylin was tempted to test that theory, but passed the thought aside as a waste of time; she had a newly acquired pet to meet.

"I think I'll go and meet my Vornskrill then."

If the attendant spoke after that, it went ignored by the Zabrak. She was already turning on her heels and walking away. The path to the elevator was already known, and Vaylin made quick work tracing her path and stepping inside. However, as she went to press the button she felt a familiar presence in the Force. It was only a slight sliver, almost missed by Vaylin due to her efforts to keep her own presence hidden. But it was something forged through training, and the Zabrak immediately recognized who it was.

[member="Jorryn Fordyce"]. Vaylin remember fighting the young woman not too long ago, more as a test to see if she was right for the Valkyries at one point. Time had passed since then, and the Zabrak was curious what the Echani had been up to since. Besides, her Vornkskrill wasn't going anywhere right now.

A short elevator ride later, Vaylin arrived on the Entrance Level. It was lot more busy and loud than the others. Crowds of people gathered and moving around. For a moment it was difficult to discern where Jorryn was exactly, until she saw a particular sight perched on the woman's shoulder.

Is that...

Oh, she definitely had to see what this was about.

Keeping the amusement she was already feeling in check, Vaylin made her way towards the trio. She just about caught the tail end of Jorryn's sentence, and the annoyed tone of it said all that the Zabrak needed to know. She chuckled lightly as she closed the distance.

"Jorryn." The Zabrak offered the woman a smile, before looking at the Thirriken on her shoulder. "Lord Saarai." She bowed her head to the Lord, only to blink when she saw something moving in the general vicinity of Jorryn's bosom. "Oh, hello to you too Hirou." Vaylin was more bemused as she looked at the Nezumi then at Jorryn again with a 'how did you wind up in this situation?' look.

[member="Darth Saarai"] | [member="Tabigarashu Madara"]​

Esis Nas

sᴛᴇᴡᴀʀᴅ ᴏғ ᴘᴀᴅᴀᴡᴀɴ ᴋᴇsʜ
As shuttle descended onto the landing port, the bright green eyes of a Zelosian explored the magnificent structure of the space station. It was certainly an impressive giant, filled with curious places. This had all been a very sudden idea of her, coming to the event that was being held by the company known as GenPals. Esis had heard about it before, as a xenobiologist she was aware of most movements in the bioengineering field. It was gaining recognition and making a name for itself quite fast. She wasn't surprised though, not with the cute little creations they were offering as pets and companions.

However, Esis main objective today was not to discuss the projects of the company, but to brighten the day of a very special snowflake. The Steward of Padawan Kesh held the hand of a little girl as the shuttle grounded and started to prepare to open its doors. [member="Emberly Carrick"] had recently arrived to the Je'daii Order, her past holding horrors of the kind that no child should ever had to witness. The fact this beautiful gift of hope had to suffer through that brought her anger, which turned into anguish as the memories of her own father, still crystal clear in her mind, were brought forward. Her father had been a caring and loving man, he was her whole world. But he disappeared when she was about Emmie's age, and Esis never saw him again. Still, what memories she had of him -though they brought her sadness- were what every child should receive from a loving parent.

And so today, Esis Nas was here to bring some of that to this beautiful little girl. "Are you ready Emmie? We can take some more minutes before going out if you'd like." She said, lowering herself to the girl's stature, looking at her with warm and caring eyes. Esis was still draped in the usual Je'daii robes she wore. Truth was, Esis was better recognized as a scientist outside of the Order, and she wanted to avoid any of her attention being deviated away from the child. Today was not a night for questions or reunions with old colleagues, today was for Emmie. "I'm sure we'll see lots of incredible things. And I've heard some of the cutest animals are here today, they'll be delighted to meet you, snowflake." She added, the bright smile still present in her lips. She remembered how confident Emmie had seem back in the beach, when [member="Adiara Drelas"] comforted her. There was nothing Esis wanted more than to see that very same confidence and happiness shining today too.

To her surprise, Samson actually tried whistling. He drew stares, but when would a man of his figure not draw a passing glance or two?

“It was just fine.” She commented, wasting no time in shooting down the gazes he’d garnered with a sharp look of her own.

Whistling forgotten, Samson took her green light and made his way towards a stall that housed some pint sized reptilian creatures. Tiny, brightly colored and vaguely lizard like, Farah could see why they were so popular.

Samson certainly could too. The Zeltron was about to make a dry remark about ysalamiri but the look on his face made her pause. He seemed…truly enthralled. Normally she didn’t care about hurting someone’s feelings, typically because there was no room for distractions in the operating room. But they weren’t at work and he was something of a friend to her.

She kept her mouth shut. Instead, Farah dug through her bag for her mini datapad and raised it, taking a step back as she did so. A quick click sounded as Samson and the SalaFrander had a heartwarming moment.

“I think he likes you, Samson.” She remarked.

[member="Samson"]

Valgærd

I gripped Miss Esis's hand tightly as the shuttle landed, my fingers wrapping around hers. [member="Zephyr Carrick"] seemed to trust Miss Esis, and so I would do my very best to trust her as well. She was nice, she'd always been nice to me. Even though my heart was in my throat and my mind was spinning, I was able to take a deep breath and swallow, relaxing just a little bit. Maybe it was because Miss Esis smelled nice. She smelled like flowers and fruit. I don't know why, but it was soothing... maybe that's why Zeph trusted her, because she smelled nice.

She lowered herself to my level so I could look into her face. She asked if I was ready, which surprised me. I still wasn't used to that. Father had never asked me if I was ready for anything. I had been expected to be ready all the time. But... he wasn't here, now. Zeph was taking care of me, slowly teaching me things I hadn't dared to imagine, even in my dreams. I glanced beyond the nice lady to the bustle beyond the shuttle doors. It was scary, but Miss Esis had mentioned cute animals.

I love cute animals.

I felt butterflies start to flutter in my belly, a strange feeling Zeph had said was what excitement felt like. I even smiled at Miss Esis. She had the nicest eyes, they reminded me of the way mama used to look at me. Tightening my grip on her hand, I nodded,

"I'm ready, Miss Esis." I replied, the excitement from the butterflies coming out in my words.

I inched a little closer to her as I spoke, intending to hide in the folds of her robes when she stood up. The world was still very scary and as much as I wanted to meet these animals, it was much safer to do so from the protection of the nice lady from Aurum.

[member="Esis Nas"]

[member="Farah"]

"Really?" That seemed to bring a wider smile to his expression, but of course smiling wasn't exactly a thing that made him... well. The scars stretched along the shaved sides of his head and made the ruined brands and cuts only seem that much more angry.

The smol nose of the SalaFrander wrinkled a little bit, before skipping away from him.

"Aw." Samson rose back up and walked back to his... friend? He hoped. "I think I scared it away, Farah." A little bit of disappointment, but in truth Samson wasn't truly surprised. It were a rare few that could be around him for longer than a few minutes before his presence became grating. Such was life and Sam had accepted that. He peered down and saw the picture she had made of them. That did brighten his eyes just a little bit, smiling softly as he watched.

"They are cute tho."

Tho he picked that one up from Dany from the bar.

Farah would have noticed he had started using that since that night. "Do you want to pet them?" Sam asked carefully.

Esis Nas

sᴛᴇᴡᴀʀᴅ ᴏғ ᴘᴀᴅᴀᴡᴀɴ ᴋᴇsʜ
Esis couldn't help but smile warmly at her. Her story, what happened to her before she came here...Emmie didn't deserve any of that. And she, unlike herself, was with the ability to forget. Now, one should never completely forget the past, past was ones blueprint for the future, what built us towards it. But for a day, for today Esis would try to see the little Snowflake of the Je'daii devoid of any and all of the shadows that plagued her past. It was a sad thing that Atefeh Lorr, the little Stardust of the Je'daii, could not get her scheduled freed for this visit. Jyn and Arekk's adopted daughter seemed to get along very well with Emmie.

As the doors of the shuttle slid open and the ramp extended, Esis stood up and started walking towards the ground, keeping her pace adapted to one that felt comfortable for the little one. She noticed how Emmie tried to cover herself behind the robes that flowed around her. "Would you like me to pick you up Emmie? I think you'd get a better view of everything from up here." The question had, in truth, two objectives: if Emmie agreed, not only would she see better among the crowds of people that were moving about, she might also have felt safer away from the ground and held by Esis. The Je'daii was sure she'd be ready to return to the floor as soon as these marvelous installations started raising her curiosity and excitement. Without mentioning the pets!

Pets. The idea had been circling her mind for a while now, even if she had not mentioned it to the girl's father, [member="Zephyr Carrick"], nor to her future Master. Well, it was no use continuing to consider it when she still didn't even know how the youngling would react. She had hope, though. A pet could give one a sense of confidence and accomplishment, the responsibility of taking care of it and providing love to it was very comforting. Esis did not have any pets of her own, per se. But she had her plants, to a Zelosian that was as good as any animal. It was especially true with her Lefay flowers, which given their need for the attention of a force-sensitive, reached out and found magnificent ways to try and communicate with their caretaker.

As they advanced further inside the space station, hundreds of 'streets', filled with different businesses and shops filled the eyes with a colorful and beautiful sight. It almost looked like a dreamland. "What would you like to do first, snowflake? We could get something to eat, check out some shops...or go straight to the pets!"

[member="Emberly Carrick"]

Six-O

The Pan-Galactic Scumbag
It was funny, in it's own sort of way, the uncanny divide between Alien and the many species of human. Uncommon, or at least much more silent in the Outer-Rim. But in some manner, on this Conference Station, the blood seemed to seep through the wounds between the ideal look of man and the bizarre builds of alien. Vero Cyone, quite decisively, was among the latter.

He rose to a more or less generous height of 1.9 Meters, unmistakably of the race known as the Arcona, his anvil-shaped head accompanied by golden eyes clearly denoting his passionate relationship with the Salt his species was known to obsessively covet. His Reptilian body was wreathed in the traditional robes of his people, it's collar as triangular as his head, but much more massive. Held together at his neck with a gleaming, black and green, Obsidian Nova Gem.The robe itself was wine colored and accented with sand gold trappings that were pleasing to gaze upon and melded well with the softer tan of his arm and body wrappings beneath.

Clutched against his abdomen, tucked and held by a wrapped sash that matched his outer robe, a Khanjar rest idly. Razor-sharp, highly ceremonial, masterfully crafted, it was a prized possession the Arconan had picked up from the mystifying Bazaars of Kr'ylland on his very first visit to that remarkable city. Encrusted with glittering jewels, it's brilliant black metal handle ending with a snarling A'zan-ix head, with Chrysopaz eyes and a shimmering Hrthgingian Firegem clenched within it's jaws.

All eight of his fingers, equally, were embellished with rings of rare metal and rarer gemstones. While he'd carefully began making his way through the Halo Speakeasy to a booth in the back corner, huddled under the glim of softly shaded holo-lighting, those fingers been put to task. Twisting a slim, olive shaded wrap of his favorite Spice and Leaf blend, that had been soaked and left to let dry in Cona Ammonia. Snapping the head of a match between those heavily lacquered claws of his, he guided the flame to the tip and inhaled the peach colored smoke joyously.

Match discarded on the table, body reclining in to the fine leather of the bench seat, he urged the Spliff away from his thin lips and towards a tray to ash it in. Part of him wondered whether or not one of the Servers would even be able to notice him way back here, but Business Deals could not be conducted in Offices and at the front of the house, there were Rules and Etiquette to these sorts of affairs. . . . .

. . . . this wasn't some heathen Core World Operation after all. . .

[member="Itash Mecetti"] [member="Angelique Lelièvre"]

Cassandra laughed.

And then realized he was wearing his 'I'm not chitting you' face.

"You're serious."

Blink blink.

"Thirriken you say? Huh."

A beat. She mentally shuffled aside the idea of a GenPal that looked like him. Not erased. Just. Put in the box labeled 'sadly a bad idea.'

Taking a sip of her wine, she was about to say something else when a scream erupted very close by. Cass looked up in that direction, security already moving to the source. It didn't look like a fight or anything of the sort just.... some Zeltron, ugh probably drunk on pheromones or however that worked. Cass rolled her eyes once she was clear it wasn't one of the ones she employed. She was pretty sure anyway, they all looked essentially the same, but most of the bartenders were male, so that made it easy. A pair of security guards moved in, but they tread gently and were there to help, which was what Cass had in mind when she'd recommended a different sort of guard from Didact's usual.

"So dramatic," she sniffed quietly, finishing her wine.

[member="Six-O"]

Some agreements were made in offices. Some in back corners and away from official ledgers. It was one of the reasons why Cassandra herself was not here to discuss matters with the representative from Maena. Well, that and because the representative was very aggressively non-human- and since the incident on Raykka she was even less inclined to treat with them directly when she could delegate. And today was a perfect excuse anyway, since she had to be visible throughout the event.

Instead it was Matteo Oris, head of Direct Sales, that entered the Halo Speakeasy a few minutes after Vero Cyone. Human, though almost all of GenPals upper management was human or very nearly, his white blonde hair was slicked back. His features were hard, angled and severe, but he wore an easy smile as he made a beeline for the booth. The station was covered in surveillance, so it was easy to make finding the Arcona look effortless.

"Ver Cyone? Matteo Oris, Head of Direct Sales for GenPals," he said, flashing teeth too white to be natural. "Glad you found the place, hopefully it was no trouble getting here?"

~*Attention GenPals Guests! We are pleased to announce the next drawing for a GenPal of choice! Will [member="Jorryn Fordyce"] please make their way to the Guest Services desk on Floor Nine at your convenience. Congratulations Jorryn Fordyce on the new addition to your family! We would also like to announce the first winner in the GenPals First Annual Showcase! This award to to [member="Bo Lin"] and his BanthaBuddy, for our 'Match Your Pet' Category! Congratulations and you can pick up your prize at your leisure at the Guest Services desk on Floor Nine. Pick Friends. Pick Family. Pick GenPals.*~

[member="Jorryn Fordyce"] | [member="Tabigarashu Madara"] | [member="Cassandra Paige"] | [member="Vaylin"]

"I see, Tiba's a fine-" Then Saarai was interrupted by the approach of a pair of... humans.

It was a trying thing to be a birb in a human's world and it wasn't any different in this situation.

One was seemingly older and male, the other a female and clinging quite inappropriately to the man considering their age difference. Tai had read that the wrinkles made all the difference. Hm. Either way Saarai peered down at the cooing girl, who seemed to be ogling both himself as well as Hirou while making strange... 'baby' faces. Like she was speaking to a four year old.

Jorryn tried her best to correct the humans.

It didn't seem to be working very well for her and Saarai sighed, while shifting some of the papers around after stamping Tiba's transfer request. The paperwork of the Empire always came first as far as the Thirriken was concerned. "Human." Saarai finally said, his voice snapping through any other efforts to clarify their position. This entire thing was becoming bothersome to him. "In five breaths I will look up, if you are still consuming my oxygen I will become cross." In two breaths he could make out the sound of feet scuttling past the floor.

Saarai looked up to see them scrambling elsewhere.

He tilted his head. "Hm. That was amusing, I can see why you wanted to come here so desperately, Acolyte Fordyce." Tai remarked dryly after which two things happened, one was the approach of a Valkyrie, she received a simple nod.

Then.

Jorryn received a price.

"I suppose you will want to go collect this... new pet of yours."

[member="Angelique Lelièvre"] | [member="Cassandra Paige"]

"Oh, very serious."

Tash sipped from his glass as he watched the Lord Inquisitor shuffle some of his papers around.

From this distance it was impossible to hear what the birb was saying, but by the reaction of the civilians it hadn't been overly nice. In the middle of his second sip Itash Mecetti felt it. That probing sense, untrained, wild, like a little child grasping in the dark and hoping to find something worth grabbing hold of. It brushed against Cassandra first and recoiled ever so slightly.

Then...

It touched him.

Few people saw him. Saw. Beyond the suit he had knitted together with lies, pain and art. Instead of taking a step back, Tash stepped into the light Angel was shining on him. She'd see his face... as it was.

The screams started moments after and Tash smiled softly to himself, taking another sip from his Tatooine Yellow before inclining his head. "Mhm. Some truly want every inch of attention that they can grab, Cass." Mecetti murmured in response as he watched his Didact security guards step up towards Angel to offer... assistance. Mm, that was funny.

"Should we go and maybe shake some hands? or maybe take a tour of the station together."

Tabigarashu Madara

Good things come in smol packages
Hirou was mostly befuddled, though not really insulted, by the insinuations that they might be a pet.

It wasn't, after all, the first time.

That didn't make them any less delighted by the way the two larger beings handled the situation. Hirou might have danced in glee if the footing had been more stable (Jorryn seemed to twitch occasionally, almost always as Hirou needed to gain a better purchase, oddly enough), and as it was their nose twitched in appreciation.

Their ears swiveled at Vaylin approached, bouncing up and down on their hind legs for a moment.

Waiting, as patiently as a mouse could, until they couldn't wait any longer and-

"Can I look around Lord Saarai?"

If Tai Fa was going to work and Jorryn got a prize (lucky!) then Hirou wanted to explore.

[member="Darth Saarai"] [member="Jorryn Fordyce"] [member="Vaylin"]

Six-O

The Pan-Galactic Scumbag
"Vy-rrr-O Sssi-ah-ni" The Arconan redressed, pronouncing it in a way a Human's tongue may struggle, Reptilian but not snake-like. "It wass a tale, my frriend," Vero acknowledged, those ringed fingers returning the Spliff to his lips. "It sshall rromance sshadows for many yeahrrss to come, you undahrrsstand?"

The peach smoke that whispered from the Arconan's lungs was sharp and incompatible to the nostrils of men, undeniably heady - even minute inhalation would have one tasting sound and hearing colors - but overweight with the odor of a very particular sort of Ammonia.

The burning tip returned towards the tray, the claw of his finger shearing the hanging ash from it's cherry glowing tip. "As you may know, I am here Representing Matsu Xiangu." Said Vero, that serpetine accent thicker than syrup from the smoke that occluded his lungs. "So, my friend, you may say I am here to Represent Maena as well as her interests in Sith Space, you understand?" The sentence lacked fangs, the tail in no way tried rattle. Certain Humans had trouble deciphering Alien Accents.

Now, if the man seated before him had been a learned individual, a patron of seedy underworlds and dimmer cantinas than this. He may have known Vero Cyone had not traveled beyond the borders of the Unknown Region in some years. A Wanted Arconan that lost his life in the realms of Academia because of certain predilections towards opening up the bodies of Hutt's, packing them full of salt, then climbing inside while they were still warm and soggy.

"Before we begin, I believe we need drinks, yes?"

Unless he was mistaken? Scratch that. Vero Cyone radiated a Criminal sort of confidence.

[member="Cassandra Paige"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom