Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pets on the Promenade (GenPals Event and Exhibition)

Etti V Sector
The Farm

[member="Makai Dashiell"]

There was a small buzz of Myra's datapad. It prompted the attention of Mr. Tuggles, the large ferret like creature that was the heiress of the Arkun and Arceneau Trade Empire. Funny that the little orphan girl would one day over see the trade conglomerate. Not that she particularly cared at the moment.

No, Myra's main concern was picking up her datapad that was buzzing away on her bed. She'd was exhausted. Needless to say, her little wild adventure to go visit Makai without permission had resulted in getting grounded. Now she was unable to leave the farm for three months. Three months!

Intolerable.

Which also explained why the young teenager had been unable to personally go out and get Makai his Genpal gift. So needless to say, when Myra pressed start to view the recording, her large grey eyes went wide only to scrunch forward in growing annoyance.

Not only was Makai Dashiell at the Genpal convention, but he was already in front of a stall about to go buy one! What was worse is that there was some random blonde woman near him. Who was she!!??

Jealousy immediately bloomed in her heart. The glower that twisted over her face only grew. Unable to help herself, Myra quickly sent a holo of herself back.

[ What are you doing?!! ]

He could sense several strong connections to the force, but it was almost like a jammed signal, and he couldn't figure out where they were coming from. Moldmerr could only assume they were trying to hide, and he had picked up on them by pure accident.

He had no idea which side they were aligned with, but whenever he met force users, they were rarely neutral.

Deciding the best course of action was just to hope he could avoid anyone who was not as they seemed, which wouldn't be any kind of easy, he promptly did the exact opposite and in his paranoid glancing over his shoulders every five seconds caused him to collide directly with [member="Kaia Vullen"].

The impact caused Noatyr to fall backwards, letting out a small yelp of surprise and the sudden pain of landing on the hard ground without warning. Well, there went any chance of blending in.

Taydo was low on energy; he had been training and meditating all week and needed something to relax himself, something social and with shopping involved "Something like this GenPals thing." he mused to himself, encountering an advertisement for it. The young padawan didn't really know what this company did, but it said exhibition, and that usually meant funky stands to buy cool and redundant items from.

The equine jedi leaves his staff in a safe place, before setting off towards the exhibition, whistling a happy tune to himself as he did. As he enters the exhibition he noticed a lot of oddly cute animals, the Del-ya would have quirked a brow but he remembered that a lot of the galaxy liked these form over function pets. Standing at nearly 6ft 7 he was probably on the same level as a normal horse height wise and that gave him a good vantage point, but it did also make him stand out a bit. He sensed a few other force users around, although only very faintly in some cases, even his boosted force powers couldn't tell much apart from the fact they were here somewhere. But this was a social affair and not even sith would disrupt an animal show surely. With that he continues browsing.

Vaylin chuckled in in a rare glimpse of what went on within; sighed at the mention of having a fleet. There was an expression that relayed how daunting that fact was to the Zabrak. She only really allowed it to be seen because of the privacy of the elevator.

"Tell me about it, I never expected to be presented with a Star Destroyer - let alone a freaking fleet of them to be under my command."

Although those thoughts were shuffled aside the moment they had stepped off the elevator.

The Zabrak approached the Vornskrill exhibit, where a large display was open for potential customers to view and watch the pets. Attached to it was a walled of section where Vaylin assumed was where she needed to go to meet her new acquired GenPal. She remained to a side, away from the small crowd that were watching the Vornskrills. There were a small variants of the pets on offer, a small variant in colour where only a couple caught Vaylin's interest

It was that moment another attendant made their presence known.

"Ah, you must be-" "Vaylin, yeah that's me." "Umm, well great! Could you please-" "Go to the side area to meet my new GenPal?" "Well yes...but have you picked which colou-" "I have, that one." She indicated to the black Vornskrill. At that point there was the slightest falter in the young man, until the enthusiasm suddenly sprang from his lips. "A wonderful choice ma'am! If you would pleas-"

But Vaylin didn't give him a chance to finish, already walking off towards the little 'meeting area'. The young attendant stumbled slightly, fumbling with his feet for a moment. He looked at [member="Jorryn Fordyce"] before scrambling away to get Vaylin's Vornskrill ready.

[member="Myra Elspeth"] | [member="Cassandra Paige"]

Makai had just finished signing up for a CephaloPal pre-order when he felt his comm buzzing once more. Screen lit up with an angry-looking Ellie, asking what exactly he was doing. He thought it had been clear that a picture of a GenPals conference meant he was picking up a whole pack of SeaSnugs. The teenage half-Galan had already bought a large one hundred gallon aquarium and placed it back in his room on Dac. Of course he was going to fill it now - did Ellie think it was just going to sit empty?

Soon enough a holo image was sent back to Ellie. Makai had a huge boyish grin, arm around the bubbly blonde booth attendant. In his free hand was a little clear carrying 'cage' for a bright blue scaled SeaSnug, looking as if it was posing for the image as well.

[ Look, I found one that has scales that match mine! ]

Makai Dashiell is an idiot. A blind, stupid, reckless, idiot!

It was all Myra could think about as the image of her, well, what could Makai be called? Well that didn’t matter right now! What mattered was the stupid grin plastered on his face and the fact that he had his arm around some busty smugged faced blonde!!!!

Just who was she?

It was like waving a red flag to a Reek, Myra’s nostrils gave a flare and her temper rose. Mr. Toggles even lifted his head, that wedge shaped face turning to her to watch her with those large black eyes of his with concern.

It didnt matter that Makai got his own Genpal; that wasn’t the issue — Okay it was, she’d been grounded so couldn’t go out to getbone herself — but now he was out with WHO KNOWS WHO, with his arm around her!

Needless to say, her own response was curt.

[ Oh, I see. And making new friends while you’re at it! ]

It certainly wasnt a happy tone thats for sure.

[ Or does she come along with the purchase?!]

Next thing she’d know he’d likely send another message back with him all lovey dovey with — ugh!! Annoyed, Myra threw her datapad on the bed.

Boys were dumb!

[member="Myra Elspeth"]

Makai was a relatively clueless teenage boy when it came to navigating the complexities of women and their feelings on relationships. He was raised in a home devoid of women and girls, trips to Miss Arceneau's compound and days spent with the Trade Queen weren't enough to get a handle on the female psyche.

It wasn't surprising his brows furrowed at the message. Was Ellie talking about the GenPal booth attendant? Or his new little GenPal pet? Hand went through unruly locks as he tried to figure out the meaning. Staring at the screen with his GenPal in hand he still couldn't figure it out. His new pet wasn't being of any use either.

Soon enough a new image would come through : a grinning Makai with his GenPal next to his face, selfie style.

[ Are you talking about Castalia here? Yeah she came with the purchase silly. Got a preorder and some more coming when some CelphoPals come in. Can't wait for you to see. ]

A short moment later. Clueless as ever, naturally.

[ Think your Ma will let me visit? Or am I on probation too? ]

Within a few minutes, Myra's datapad gave a series of beeps. It was another incoming message. Myra stared at the illuminated screen with a visible irritated pout. Part of her wanted to chuck the datapad away. Another, the far more insecure one, so desperately wanted to go scrambling over to snatch her datapad and read what it said.

The latter won out.

In a tangle of bedsheets, a massive Tuggle, and arms and legs as Myra went crawling across the bad to gather her discarded datapad. Mr. Tuggles wasn't so keen to move his massive weight from his comfortable possition, so Myra had to give him a sound, "Move Mister Tuggles!" along with a half shove.

Which of course, only resulted in Mr. Tuggles lifting his head only to tuck it back down along his arms again.

Nonetheless, Myra was able to pick up the datapad to read the message. The end result brought out an, "Idiot." in commentary. Both the young teenager unable to help herself from the corner of her mouth perking up in how adorable Makai looked with the Genpal and her earlier annoyance.

I should really stay mad at him longer.... and where was the blonde?! She mused to herself. Arguably, the desire to see the younger Dashiell won out.

[ I don't know... I can ask.]

And with that, the rollercoaster ride of jealous girlfriend went through its normal highs and lows.

Maybe it was to Makai's benefit that he was oblivious to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom