Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Peace is a Process [OSL T3 of Aikhibba Hex] Open

3/28
Objective: 2 - Aggressive health care
Allies: [member="Nylea Apollodor"] [member="Vexen"] | [member="Hazel Zanteres"] [member="Bethany Kismet"]
Enemies: [member="Cerbera"] [member="Darth Ophidia"] [member="Evelynn"] [member="Neesa"]

Zylah’s smile widened, and she too extended her hand. The two shook hands. No daggers were suddenly revealed, no twisted plots. They were instead, it seemed, natural allies. “Likewise” Zylah felt more at ease knowing she would not have to try to uncover the mystery of Hoylin on her own.

Zylah centered herself as well, focusing her mind on the task at hand… What was that again, exactly? “I agree” she said with a nod. No words were needed, but seeing as they were freshly made acquaintances she figured making the other girl familiar with her voice and state of mind didn’t hurt. When she started moving, Zylah did indeed follow.

“Ah” Zylah said, sounding slightly hesitant. She wasn’t a big fan of fighting enemies such as these. Particles in the air that corrupted both body and mind. Her lightsaber was little good against that. But she would trust the judgement of the Echani. If she wanted to put her into a clunky suit then so be it. “Lead on...”

Meanwhile Zylah took the moment to let whatever information imparted onto her sink in. It didn’t sound natural, it lacked the balance and predictability. Although nature and the Force did not always behave as mere mortals expected. “Do you suspect it’s an attack?” In the absence of facts and hard evidence, a Jedi could learn much from something as simple and arbitrary as a hunch. They, or at least Zylah, had been taught to trust her instincts, trust the Force.

“Protecting is in my job description. I can help you with this” and in an instant Zylah’s smile and pace forwards vanished. She froze. It only lasted for a moment. She had spotted [member="Vexen"], and probably only because Vexen had allowed herself to be spotted. Unfamiliar with both shape and character, it had immediately thrown Zylah on edge. But the fact that she had announced herself in advance, with a brush of calm benevolence did wonders to make the pale Jedi feel more at ease.

“Calm” she said to Nylea in a hushed tone. She had no idea how she was responding to this character. While it was too soon to dismiss the shape as innocent or friendly, there was that ‘hunch’ again… “Hello!” Zylah called out back with a gentle wave. She started walking towards the shape. Best not appear unwelcoming. And there was simply too much curiosity within her to let this go. “I’m Zylah Dvale. Are you also with the Sacred Lotus?” Introductions round two, go!

H O Y L I N
Allies: [member="Darth Ophidia"] | [member="Evelynn"] | [member="Neesa"]
Friends: [member="Bethany Kismet"] | [member="Hazel Zanteres"] | [member="Nylea Apollodor"] | [member="Zylah Dvale"]

She was about to reply, before her attention was suddenly swept away by opportunity.

Eyes grew glassy as her conscience was tapped by the brush of the light.... underneath her? Two moments passed and suddenly intelligence grew into the eyes of the Sithspawn that had tackled Kismet only a breath before. The sharp talons scratched and cut across the robe of the Jedi and presumably through it on her skin itself - spreading the infection with every single instinct it had, which would presumably give a hint of what was happening.

Then the intelligence dimmed once again as Cerbera retreated.

A smile was playing on bloody corners, before she once again focused herself on the presence of Ophidia.

"Corruption never smells like the fragrance of lotus in the air, darling." The Sith didn't truly mind the scent. "Come, the light is strongest in the north... I have already looked it in the eye and she is delightful."

The clenching grip of her being released itself around the sithspawn's limited sentience. They immediately retreated from Ophidia to continue with their restricted mission, to spread the disease and pestilence as far as they could, before they could be killed by stray Jedi or security.

Her attention shifted from the light to the girl standing far-off and studying her.

A meticulously-groomed and fine eyebrow raised itself in curiosity.

"It was my understanding you wished to learn, follow then." With that said, she left the shadows of the alcoves again and began to move anew. Soon they would be upon the leader, the heart of the light that guided and shaped the rest of the organization. It was around her that the entire initiative was coiled.

It would be around her that it would break, if enough pressure was exerted.

Objective: Investigate Contagion
Allies: [member="Hazel Zanteres"] | [member="Bethany Kismet"]
Enemies: [member="Cerbera"] Evelynn | [member="Darth Ophidia"]
Allies in scene: [member="Zylah Dvale"] | [member="Vexen"]

The duo got closer to the center of the camp when Zylah asked if Nylea suspected it was an attack. She didn't like answering questions with hunches, preferring to hold off on saying anything until there was evidence pointing one way or another. However, it was a good idea to share theories in moments like this. "I can't say for sure, but it's definitely something that's on my personal list of possibilities. It's incredibly aggressive and came seemingly out of nowhere. I find it to be a bit odd. Perhaps when master Kismet returns from her own sweep she has answers. I don't like relying on hunches too much, but part of me is saying that it definitely is an attack."

When Zylah agreed to help her the Echani was most defitely relieved. Having someone beside you in a hostile environment was always good, and the Lotus most definitely needed the manpower. "I'm glad you're willing to help. The people of Hoylin definitely need all the help they can get." She then suddenly felt another presence, one that wasn't of pure Light but not hostile. Despite that she wasn't entirely comfortable as she sensed traces of darkness, her past prodding at her thoughts. The other woman seemed to be more at ease however, which helped Nylea calm down herself. She head an animated "Hey!" and turned towards the voice much like Zylah did. The woman decided to follow her towards the figure and let them introduce themselves before doing the same. "Nylea Apollodor. I am here with the Order of the Sacred Lotus to investigate the contagion that has been spreading around Hoylin."

[member="Zylah Dvale"] [member="Nylea Apollodor"]

"Zylah, Nylea," he said quietly. She let the words roll about in her mouth. A name was more than just vowels. It was as much a part of a person as all the other facets that went together to make the whole in her mind. Their mannerisms, appearance and in Vexen's case their scent.

"I'm not with the Lotus no," she added. Was that going to be a problem? The Defel had only come to try and help. Perhaps she should have stayed hidden. That would have meant not having to interact with anyone and avoiding any chance of being caught up in the blame.

"I just came to help." The two Jedi seemed so tall and delicate to her. It did little to make her feel at ease.

Elisea Apollodor

E
The bloke introduced himself as Uroy Thake, and as she turned to the Ithorian. Sorin as his named seemed to be, he was asking for a tour of Monastery and that was something she could very much do. The Avalonian looked over her shoulder to wear Quith was still sitting. And then back the two gentlemen before her, "yew'know I can give you a tour, if that's alright." She offered and settled on her feet there, before looking back over her shoulder and then took a chair from a nearby table and pulled it up. "Or if yew like I cannae answer any questions yew might have," and somehow as she kept going her accent got thicker. Elisea decided she'd blame Quith for this later. "It's a great place very quiet on most days, little breeze here and there and the view of the mountains is spectacular."

[member="Uroy Thake"] | [member="Bethany Kismet"] | Post 6

Objective: A great. Many. Things.

Tags: [SIZE=10.5pt][member="Hazel Zanteres"] [member="Bethany Kismet"] [member="Evelynn"] [member="Cerbera"][/SIZE]

Not lotuses, no. But perhaps like sweet tea in confined spaces, accompanied by the musty scent of old flimsiplasts. The most vicious ought to invoke the most delightful visage, and only feel foul to those who saw such things in truth.

North then.

Ophidia turned to the north, looking down the sheer side of the building while the creatures ran their separate ways. Plague bearers, carrying the scent of death on their shoulders; ghoulish creatures with a breath of famine. Cerbera had style, that much Ophidia had to admit. Her eyes surveyed, and came to rest on a vehicle toppled over on its side. A speeder bike, custom make, gorgeous, purple lacquer and fast as a smoke demon on the tail of an asthmatic Gamorrean.

Why, hello there.

She back-stepped, took a deep breath, ran and leapt off the edge. The air rushed past her, tugging on the light fabrics wrapped around her form. Her feet touched floor; her body rolled to soften the impact. Without the Force, broken bones would have been an inevitability. Yet she skidded to a halt, unharmed. She threw the corpse of its owner over the edge, tipped the bike back up and straddled it. Soft leather cushioned beneath her as she ran her hands over the steering.

An explosion; they were coming closer. The windows above her quaked. It was due for her to move. The ignition did not hesitate, the bike purred under her like a beast of predation. It lifted, the engines roared as she leaned to the side and aligned the nose of the bike. A pull of the wrist, and she was off with a subtle howl and a roar of wind.

North, where the light is strongest.

4/28
Objective: 2 - Aggressive health care
Allies: [member="Nylea Apollodor"] [member="Vexen"] | [member="Hazel Zanteres"] [member="Bethany Kismet"]
Enemies: [member="Cerbera"] [member="Darth Ophidia"] [member="Evelynn"] [member="Neesa"]

Nylea's assessment of the situation was worrying. Although without proof it was all speculation at this point, her analysis made sense and aligned well with Zylah's own fears. It seemed almost purposeful. Could the Sith be behind this? Whenever something went wrong anywhere in the Galaxy, Zylah was the first to point fingers in the direction of the Sith. They were a plague upon the Galaxy, so it would be only fitting for them to use one as a weapon.

"I'm not with the Lotus either. I too came to help" Zylah informed the strange-looking creature. "And what's your name?" she added, seeing as they were doing introductions. She did not know much about her species, origin, or even her intentions. The question wasn't laid out in any demanding manner, but perhaps suspicion was masked underneath courtesy.

Nylea had mentioned a Master Kismet, and Zylah took note of the name as well as the prefix. Was she a Jedi? Were they Jedi? And if so, what was their code? Normally Zylah could be a bit stuck in her ways and quick to judge, but with the fall of the Jedi Order, who was she to blame splinter cells from forming outside of the Order? They were divided, and so darkness was allowed to rise once more.

"Well, seeing as we're all here to help. Do we have any leads to go on? You mentioned a Master Kismet?" perhaps she or one of her other associates had found out anything that could give them purpose. Right now it was like searching through the dark for something they did not know what was. Though Zylah was here as an aid, and this was not her organisation or her field. She'd be happy to let the Lotus take the lead on this and she would do what was required of her.

Hazel Zanteres

The Angel/Devil on your Shoulder
Objective: [2] Investigate Contagion
Enemies: [member="Cerbera"] | [member="Evelynn"] | [member="Darth Ophidia"]
Allies: [member="Bethany Kismet"] | [member="Nylea Apollodor"] | [member="Zylah Dvale"] | [member="Oros"] | [member="Vexen"]

Pandemonium.

That was the only word that could describe the state the hospital was in. It was bad enough they had an influx of ill patients before, now they were also dealing with wounded from the riots and general chaos.

Keersk moved through it briskly, flashing his ID the second someone asked and introduced her when requested. Despite that though, it was clear that the Bothan wasn't use to these type of situations. The head of his environmental suit shifting back and forth repeatedly as they walked, and even without seeing his face Hazel could tell he was worried. Not to say she wasn't either, but after you experience this kind of thing several times - you end up becoming dulled to it.

"We need to find the Head Doctor here, she'll be able to help you better than I with getting the information you need."

Hazel frowned. "Wait, I thought you worked here?"

Keersk sighed, turning on his heels to face her. "Temporarily yes. Earlier this morning I was asked to transfer over to here to help. The information I provided you is from the west hospital, I managed to copy it when I heard your people would be arriving. I was intending on going back there, but with how chaotic the streets have gotten, it's now impossible."

The Hapan nodded, seeing and hearing the frustration in Keersk's words. Nor could she really blame him, this was essentially an attack against his home, his friends and family. "I understand. Take me to the Head Doctor then, and let's see if we can get to the bottom of this contagion."

Holyin
Post 7

This place was going nuts, Ria determined as her little paws made their way across rooftop after rooftop. The orange-colored furball doesn't quite remember how she got here. She only knows that she doesn't want to say, and there wasn't time to rest. Memories of Demonsgate flooded back to her every time she caught sight of the Sithspawn. Her little pink tongue slipped out and licked around her little nose. Ria chirped to see if anything actually human was around but got nothing in response so she kept going.

Carefully the small cat got down from the rooftops, leaping between window sills. Which was quite difficult actually and was worse than the time she and Lok jumped between the ledges on Castameer. Her legs were awfully tired and as she found herself back on the ground the cat saw she was by a hospital if the big large sign was of any indicator. Oh good, she thought to herself as she hurried across the pavement and slipped in through the loading docks. Hospitals usually had humans in them, and humans who would take pity on the small creature. But, Ria had been wrong before and oh boy would she ever be wrong as she found a little hole to slip through from the loading area and into the hospital itself. Bright lights, bright floors - reminded her of how much she actually hated this place. She explored and chirped, meowed and chirped more as she went about looking for a soul to help her out - and then she seemingly found a tall human, [member="Hazel Zanteres"].

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom