Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Peace is a Process [OSL T3 of Aikhibba Hex] Open

Tagged: [member="Bethany Kismet"]
Objective: BYOO

Respect and discipline was something taught to the Thake. Whenever he dealt with those older than him, he would always grace them with respect by dubbing them with an appropriate title to them such as 'sir' or 'ma'am'. But with the Ithorian wanting to be called by his first name, the Echani would appease to his request.

"As you wish...Sorin," a bit of hesitation came from Uroy as he was not really used to calling someone that was his elder by their first name.

And the young man began to listen to the alien, not daring to insert his own dialogue after he was finished which showed how well he was taught by both his mother and father. Two of different warrior cultures, yet they both ingrained their teachings to their boy.

"I see then," he said as the duo came into a cantina which was unlike any other that Uroy had come across. All of them that he had been before were all filled with scum and lowlife people of all kinds, and the scenery was just as awful as the patrons. But this cantina was immaculate. It was white all of it with a great taste of landscape to it as there was even an artificial pond at the middle of it. It just felt welcoming.

"I'ld like to meet this miss Kimset, Sorin. If that is possible. There a great many things in my head that I need to put at ease."

Elisea Apollodor

E
HAVEN
Monastery
"Yew bloody, Rose," Quith looked at Elisea on his right and then back at the holoscreen. "Win the bloody game why don't you, kark, might as well be the Kilaado BC."

She just chuckled as she ordered up another pint, "don't be so upset, it's one loss I'm sure Avalonia will recover in time for the Grand Moff's tourney." Which would be the biggest tournament to date, a nationwide boloball, limmie or football however you called it, tournament. Teams representing various parts of the ever growing nation would participate for a chance to win the Cup, and it meant bragging rights, endorsements and new minor clubs for whatever planet won it.

"Don't be so upset," he mocked and then drank his beer, "and this pint tastes like pisswater, bloody Jedi folk."

Elisea shook her head, "it's like a year away, mate it'll be fine."

He conceded that at least, "aye- still we're in the same bloody division." The Unknown Regions Boloball League which just came down to the Unknown Regions Division of it all, and it meant every game was going to count starting in the upcoming months when the run to the cup games began. The two sat in the cantina unawares of anyone else there for the moment, just two imperials having a drink and talking about the games.

[member="Bethany Kismet"]

Post 4

1/28​
Objective: 2 - Aggressive health care
Allies: [member="Hazel Zanteres"] [member="Nora Lithos"] [member="Nylea Apollodor"] [member="Bethany Kismet"]
Enemies: [member="Cerbera"] [member="Darth Ophidia"]

The J-1 Class Interceptor detached from the hyperdrive ring and set a course for the planet's surface. The one-person fighter had been hers on loan for nearly as long as she could remember. It had once been the property of the Jedi Order, hers to use on official Jedi business but not something for her to claim ownership over. That Order had long since disbanded, scattered into various fragments across the Galaxy. In the absence of its rightful owner, Zylah claimed it as hers to safeguard. Yet should the day come when the Jedi Order rose again, she would gladly pass ownership right back. Worldly possessions was not her way. The only thing once given from the Order she would not willingly surrender was her own pet cat, Prudence. Nuh uh, not her kitters.

Zylah read the landing coordinates provided on her ship's monitor, plotted the codes in, and let the auto-pilot take her down to the surface. The location was a new one for her and she did not know what to expect. Being somewhat of a rogue without a home, Zylah had gotten her fingers into many a line of communication. Through her self-made network (really, credit ought to go to her kind slicer friend) a worrying message had reached her. It was worthy investigation. With a distress signal following up as she was on her way, the young Jedi Knight could do little but worry that even with her haste she would be too late.

She set down at an appropriate landing pad within the afflicted settlement. Although it was of some concern that their medical problem had spread too rapidly to make such a location safe, with fear lingering in the back of her mind that time wasted translated into death, Zylah rid herself of doubt and disembarked. With the Force as her guide, she would do what she could. If it was too late, she would simply have to fall back. Fears of failure cast aside, she allowed herself to trust the Force completely.

Her figure was easily spotted, she was not dressed to blend into crowds. Brown robes identified her as a Jedi, these days some might say of the more orthodox school, but it was the only way she had ever known. Lightsaber carefully placed to her belt and hidden from view, with beige tunics and undertunics completing the whole orthodox Jedi outfit. Both hair and skin was strikingly pale, a direct result of her particular species.

It was time to get to the bottom of this. Where to start? Hospital, probably.

Objective: Investigate Contagion
Allies: [member="Hazel Zanteres"] [member="Nylea Apollodor"] [member="Zylah Dvale"]
Enemies: [member="Cerbera"] [member="Evelynn"] [member="Darth Ophidia"]

"Actually, that would be wonderful," Bethany said, turning toward Nylea with a relieved sort of look. "Would you mind just, doing a perimeter sweep? I've got...."

She paused, frowning slightly and peering out the doorway again.

"I've got a bad feeling," she admitted. "Something's coming, and it's not related to the contagion. At least, not directly. I'll sweep to the north, you head south?" South was the direction they had come from, where the landing pad had been. "If you see any stragglers, bring them along with you. I'll meet you back at the main entrance in ten."

Ten minutes couldn't be enough time for things to go completely wrong.

Could it?

In Scene: [member="Uroy Thake"]
Nearby: [member="Elisea Korrado"]

Sorin signaled to the bartender before plopping down at one of the two person tables near the fountain. The Ithorian was always more comfortable with something natural near him, even if it was fake natural. Better something than nothing at all, he figured.

"Well, you'll have to wait in that case," he said bluntly, but his tone was good natured.

"Miss Kismet is out doing some sort of.... thing.... on Hoylin. Don't ask me what, I'm just the gardener. Something to do with a sickness though- she brought Doctor Zanteres along with her, so whatever it is, it's probably a doozy. But she'll be back before long. She always is."

The bartender brought a pitcher of ice water with some sort of fruit floating in it, along with a pair of glasses.

"Thanks. Where was I? Oh. Not here. Will be back. Can bring you down to the planet though. Monastery's beautiful," it was clear he meant despite not being Ithor, but he was polite enough to not say it to a stranger. "Or head to Hoylin, but she'll be busy. In fairness, she's always busy these days."

In Scene: [member="Nora Lithos"]

Someone was indeed waiting for Nora, holding up a sign. Or, at least, trying to. The young cathar was surprisingly short. Black and grey fur covered her face, long tail lashing back and forth as she kept springing up on her toes to get the sign with Nora's name on it high enough to be seen over the crowd. Soft, golden eyes shifted this way and that, not knowing which of these female humans she was supposed to be meeting here, but knowing this 'Nora' was on the ship that had just unloaded.

Elisea Apollodor

E
HAVEN
Monastery
After a moment or two, Elisea and Quith were quiet both with their backs to the doors and to the people in general. Quietly they nursed their pints and shared a bowl of soft bread between them. Casually one or both of them would dip the bread into a tangy sauce. It was in this quiet that the Avalonian's ears picked up the name Kismet, and so she leaned her head toward the direction of the conversation. Her eyes still watched the game, while surpressing her surprise that the Avalonian Broadcast Station could be picked up so far from home. She focused a bit on the conversation more during commerical break, with plugs for First Order: Uncovered and Swoop Race League promotions as the background noise.

She turned in her seat and took her pint, "I'll be back Quith."

"Mhmm," he seemed to wave her off.

Elisea squeezed her way through the pub, and found herself approaching Sorin and [member="Uroy Thake"]'s small section. "Excuse me," she interrupted politely, "m'names Elisea and I couldn't help but overhear, yer lookin' fer the Grandmaster?"

Post 5 | [member="Bethany Kismet"]

There were so many sounds that surrounded her at once. The bustle of people going through their busy schedules, workers carrying the cargo off of her ship. Somewhere in the midst of it all she felt the nudge of a furry hand against her shoulder and a guttural roar of goodbye as the girl proceeded to stumble her way through the spaceport to take in all of the sights. It was overwhelming, it was exciting, it made the galaxy seem like a much bigger place than she had ever anticipated. It took three days to reach this place which made it feel as close to her as the most remote parts of Arkania used to be. The realization that she was more than a few tens of thousands of kilometers from home hadn’t really struck yet, but with time there was no denying that it would.

So the girl stumbled out of the terminal and into arrivals. There were so many people here that it was hard to move without having to stop every other step and ask forgiveness for standing in someone’s way or quite simply offering a smile to display your condolences for stepping on someone’s toes. It was a bit overwhelming, but eventually she caught glimpse of a sign bouncing at the very edge of her vision. Her eyebrow perked and she began to make her way towards whoever was holding it.

A cathar it seemed. The sign had Nora’s name and Nora raised her finger before her to show the other girl that she was here. “That would be m-” Nora started, and was cut short, and also tripped. A cough parted her lips as she hit the ground. The hand that had pointed at the Cathar slowly rose from the ground in a small wave while the white-haired girl kept herself face-down on the ground.

“Here.” She sighed and began to get herself off the ground with a groan.

Hazel Zanteres

The Angel/Devil on your Shoulder
Objective: [2] Assess & Investigate the Situation
Enemies: [member="Cerbera"] | [member="Evelynn"] | [member="Darth Ophidia"]
Allies: [member="Bethany Kismet"] | [member="Nylea Apollodor"] | [member="Zylah Dvale"]

Hazel didn't waste time and immediately had her datapad in hand, connecting the datastick to and sifted through the device until she could transfer the data. It took a few minutes, but as soon as it was on the screen Hazel's eyes were zipping back and forth taking it all in. Patient records, charts, dates, times and numbers in general. There was a picture being painted before Hazel, forming a number of patterns in what it was saying, patients intially admitted in for minor ailments, all roughly the exact same symptoms. Though they gradually increased, worsening and becoming different illnesses entirely. It confused Hazel, and noticed that the information only came from one source.

"This is only from one of the hospitals?" She asked, turning her attention to Keersk. The Bothan, who had simply remained where he was, hands folded before him.

"It is yes, the one I work at. It would've been impossible to get both hospital's data in quick succession."

"I see, would it be possible for me to reach the second, obtain it myself?"

"Hmm, I don't see why not Doctor Zanteres."

"Perfect. Let's not waste any time."

Hazel spared a glance back to Bethany and Nylea, but the two conversing women seemed to be busy and occupied with something. So the Hapan decided to not bother them, and with a quick nod to Keersk, the pair left via the otherside of the tent.

Hoylin
Allies: [member="Darth Ophidia"] | [member="Evelynn"]
Friends: [member="Bethany Kismet"] | [member="Hazel Zanteres"] | [member="Nylea Apollodor"] | [member="Zylah Dvale"]

The ragged edge of familiarity cutting through the surety of her experienced walk cut her stride short.

It tasted like cinnamon on her lips, like poisoned ash on the bleeding gums of her gnashing teeth and all that Cerbera could think of in that very moment was something akin to: you... always you... your scent, I know it and I want to bathe in it. There was a making of decision in that spectacular moment of opportunity. Already she leaned deeply into the shadows of an alcove, hidden away from side the Sith Lord closed her eyes and focused.

There was a connection between herself and her children.

Not to say that she was emotionally attached to them, but surely mentally.

Almost as one dozens of eyes blinked, magnified, multiplied and stared intently into the streets, the buildings, the windows.... into the citiscape. They searched for the seeker and through the sheer adversity of numbers they found the step of her soft, silent and winding tread through the city.

She was already angled towards her, but it wasn't enough.

While one by one the Sithspawn were released back to their own devices a couple were re-diverted and started to run in cadence with the rhythm of the ashen assassin.

"You are far from home, darling." The twisted vocal chords screeched words that weren't their own, but the sheer momentum in the speech was hers and Ophidia would know it. Know that dearest Cerbera was looking out for her even in this very small moment as the distance shortened itself between them.

"Have you come to join me in chaos then?"

Allies: [member="Hazel Zanteres"] [member="Bethany Kismet"]
Allies in scene: [member="Zylah Dvale"]

"Understood. If I find anything I will let you know as soon as possible." The instruction was clear and so Nylea started heading south, nodding respectfully towards Bethany as she moved away. The fact the Jedi master had a bad feeling did not put her at ease, but there was little good to be expected in the first place. Things had broken down and it was all hands on deck to make sure it at least was not going to get any worse. She realized south was the way she had come from, which was less dangerous than the north side which Bethany was looking to head towards, but the echani had no room to argue. She trusted the woman and realized that perhaps it was for the best to not head north herself.

She moved along the edges of the perimiter, not seeing anything potentially hostile or dangerous. Still, there was something. Nylea couldn't place it, but Bethany definitely wasn't the only one that felt that there was something off. She couldn't make out whether it was far or close by, which worried her slightly. Silver eyes darted from one side to the other, taking in the environment to make sure the threat was seen before said threat saw the Echani. The first thing of note wasn't a threat, however. Although the woman had never seen this person before, it was easy to see she was an ally through her Force signature alone. She made an approach at a brisk pace and as she came closer the noticed the pale skin of the other, similar to her own. Nylea moved into earshot and greeted her with a nod. "My name is Nylea Apollodor, I am with the Sacred Lotus. I'm assuming you are too, would you mind joining me on my perimiter sweep?"

Objective: A great. Many. Things.

Tags: [SIZE=10.5pt][member="Hazel Zanteres"] [member="Bethany Kismet"] [member="Evelynn"] [member="Cerbera"][/SIZE]

Darth Ophidia’s step was not quick, not now. She had no rush nor was she running. However, it was light as a breeze, dusting the tops of duracreete and steel constructions, mirrored by the hollow eyes of glassy surfaces. She hummed a tune under her breath as she balanced on the edge of the tall building. A speeder burned on the ground below, and its passengers lay strewn, pockets turned and valuables taken. The predators were closing in.

Gold flicked over her knuckles and disappeared in an inky black hand, then it reappeared between ashen digits; a morbid sun rolling from knuckle to knuckle with gentle clicks before disappearing again into the night of a hand. She could tell that her scent had been caught. In her mind, the thought felt like electrified silk, leaving behind a scent of citrus and decay.

The twisted hunters would soon catch up with her, she had no doubt. Nor did she have any fear of them. She wanted their creator to find her, not easily, but after an appropriate amount of searching. Generosity was not a milestone in the Pale Assassin’s values.

As the creatures caught up, she kept a casual stride. Wary of their distance, but confident they would not move against her. Woe to them if they did. The words, yes she did know the distorted voice that came through. So alien, yet familiar. A good memory of an Empire on fire.

Home is where I hang my enemy’s head, dear.

A wicked smile spread on Ophidia’s lips.

It seems the will of the Force that we should meet again. I would hope not through such proxies." She paused, her nose wrinkling. "They smell ghastly.

She looked over her shoulder at the stalkers. Her smile disturbed the fingers of the lightning scar that reached out over her cheek. The burning eyes had a sinister playfulness to them; one that would put the most jaded refugee at unease, or tease the inspirations of a vicious and vivacious individual of a verdant hue and sanguinary desires.

2/28​
Objective: 2 - Aggressive health care
Allies: [member="Nylea Apollodor"] | [member="Hazel Zanteres"] [member="Nora Lithos"] [member="Bethany Kismet"]
Enemies: [member="Cerbera"] [member="Darth Ophidia"] [member="Evelynn"]

She felt the approach of another but was not alarmed. There was no hostile intent, and if there were she was masking it well. The Force touched her with its ebb and flow. Had it been this very thing that they shared in common that had subconsciously drawn them both to the same location? Or perhaps it was something as simple and complex as the will of the Force. Zylah did not question it, but rather embraced the opportunity it provided. Besides, the girl was polite enough to introduce herself. Zylah would do the same.

"Pleased to meet you Nylea." she said with a smile and in a calm tone. Her instincts told her to play along, use it as an opening to learn from Nylea about the Sacred Lotus, get an inside perspective about their organisation and purpose here on Hoylin. Yet she suspected this was not an organisation based on fear and exploitation, and she felt that this encounter in particular would benefit from starting out with honesty. Zylah would not be the one to break that cycle. "I am not. My name is Zylah Dvale, Jedi Knight of the Jedi Order" Or what's left of it. These days she felt more like a Jedi without a home than anything. "But if you would still have me, I would be happy to join you." People's reaction to the whole 'Jedi reveal' was often rather telling. Although in Zylah's case her whole outfit screamed it, so it should come as no surprise. If anything, the fact that she looked the part of a Jedi and got associated with this Sacred Lotus organisation only spoke in their favour. Although for Zylah the only thing sacred to her was the Force.

"I just arrived here. I'm here to help, but I'm not very well informed. I received a distress signal. Has your Sacred Lotus found out anything more?"

Allies: [member="Hazel Zanteres"] [member="Nylea Apollodor"] [member="Zylah Dvale"]

Bethany reached the halfway point of her sweep without incident. Almost enough to make her wonder if she wasn't just feeling the creeping edge of the contagion through the Force, rather than any direct threat.

Almost.

She felt it before she saw it. Turning just as the Sithspawn rounded the corner. It moved slowly, slinking along the ground. It's nostrils flared slightly, then head turned- too far, too fast- as it caught her scent.

Everything happened in a flash. Bethany reached out with the Force, just as the creature leapt. Her intention had been to grip the central nervous system, shut it down and bring whatever this thing was back to the pavement. It was a familiar reflex, a subconscious response to the sudden danger rippling through the Force.

So imagine her surprise when nothing happened. Except the weight of the creature slamming into her, bearing her to the ground.

In Scene: [member="Uroy Thake"] [member="Elisea Korrado"]

The elderly Ithorian turned his great head toward Elisea and hummed.

"Ah, Miss Korrado," the gardener reverberated her name. He knew everyone who spent time on Monastery. "Pull up a chair. I was just explaining to this young man about how Miss Kismet is too busy for the likes of I."

He was joking, clearly. Bethany made time for anyone who had need of her, though how sometimes, considering the limits of a day, was a mystery.

In Scene: [member="Nora Lithos"]

The cathar dropped her sign in her haste to get to Nora's side. Fur raised on the back of her neck, ears flicking in clear distress as she hurried to help the human back up to her feet.

"Are you alright, Miss Lithos?"

Retractable claws stayed tightly sheathed as furred hands offered aid.

"I'm Kyrlin! They sent me here to escort you to Sanctuary." Of course they had. She didn't need to explain that and the fur on her face rippled in embarrassment.

Allies: [member="Hazel Zanteres"] [member="Bethany Kismet"]
Allies in scene: [member="Zylah Dvale"]

Although the one who introduced herself as Zylah was not with the Lotus, it was clear she basked in the Light. Despite only knowing her name and claimed status of Jedi, Nylea already found some degree of trust as she failed to sense dishonesty. She extended her arm to offer a handshake and smiled politely. "A pleasure meeting you." Her expression quickly shifted into something more neutral however, remembering the reason she was here in the first place. "I would appreciate the company. Besides, two pairs of eyes can see more than one." The woman started moving, expecting Zylah to follow. "I would recommend following me towards our quarantine zone first though, so we can get you an environmental suit. There is something in the air here and infection can be deadly."

As the Echani walked she started explaining what the Lotus knew so far. "What we know about the situation is that there is some kind of contagion that's spreading like wildfire. So far however we have no idea what it is, where it came from, or how to directly combat it." She paused for a moment as she took a quick look around, but found nothing of note. "We could very much use help in the protection of the perimiter we have set up. If you could help us with that we would be grateful."

Objective: Investigation Contagion - Lead NJO MedCorps Expedition
Alies: [member="Bethany Kismet"], [member="Hazel Zanteres"], [member="Nylea Apollodor"], [member="Zylah Dvale"]
Enemies: [member="Cerbera"], [member="Evelynn"], [member="Darth Ophidia"]

The U-Wing plummeted through the planet's atmosphere after being disgorged from the hangar bay of the Alliance Nebulon-L medical frigate that had just swung into high orbit over the suffering world of Hoylin. Bracing himself against the glass of his tank with his tentacles as best he could, the Celegian Jedi Knight was acutely reminded of his particular aversion to shuttle rides. But the people on the surface below were ailing, and what kind of Doctor would Oros be if he did not do house calls? Discomfort at the bumpy trip notwithstanding, the Knight of the New Jedi Order and leader of the Jedi Service Corps expedition to Hoylin was excited to have finally arrived. Particularly since it had been the voiced concerns of certain other colleagues within the Order that their humanitarian mission would be torn to pieces in the void of neutral space between the Federation's eastern border and the Fei Hu sector. No matter how much he and others like him tried to be open minded about other cultures and ways of life, there were those among his more militant brethren would never see space beyond the Alliance as anything other than a lawless wasteland.

But the Service Corps represented a different way of thinking, a different approach for the Jedi of the Galactic Alliance. For while the Justicars had their place, Oros and many others like him believed that a Jedi's duty above all others was to serve. To serve the people, and to serve the Force. And so along with several other influential members of the MedCorps, he had advocated for an immediate response when unconfirmed reports had first reached the Alliance's ears about the quarantine in Hylotl. As they touched down on the spaceport landing pad, several officials of the planetary port authority rushed out to greet them.

Unsecured from his specially built harness, the life sustaining tank that encased the cyanogen-breathing invertebrate hovered on its repulsorlifts forward and out the hatch at the Celegian's telepathic command. At over two hundred years of age, more than used to the stares and gaping when a humanoid unfamiliar with his species first laid eyes upon him, Oros proceeded as best he could.

Greetings, representatives of the planet Hoylin, he telepathically projected into their minds, Do not be alarmed. My name is Knight Oros, but you may call me Doctor, as several of my degrees are in the field of medicine. My colleagues and I are part of a volunteer relief team from Sullust. We understand you have a bit of a medical emergency on your hands, and could use more professionals? We also have Jedi healers. Please, if you have no objections we would like to see your facilities and get to work as soon as possible.

Post 3:

Nora had never felt as embarrassed as she did in that very moment. Her first impression had transcended that of destroyed and gone straight for the ranges of obliterated, raptured, apocalyptic. The kid wasn’t usually one to be this absent-minded, but Monastery was quite simply too many impressions in too short of a time. Nora leaned on the cathar that had knelt down to help her back on her feet. Her cheek burned, but a quick inspection showed that she hadn’t hurt herself to any greater degree. There was no bleeding at least, but a bruise was not out of the question. Or so she told herself, as overwhelmed as she was.

“I’m fine. I am Nora, my parents sent me to live in Sanctuary.” Nora joked in an attempt to make the situation at least a little bit better. “They just never told me that the other side of space would be so…”

“Sooo…”

“Similar.” She sounded almost disappointed. “Yet, not really similar?”

“Either way, it’s nice to meet you.” The Arkanian smiled. “I am sure we’ll get to know each other while we’re here on Sanctuary.”

Nora corrected herself. “Monastery. I meant Monastery.”

Hazel Zanteres

The Angel/Devil on your Shoulder
Objective: [2] Investigate Contagion - Reach the Hospital
Enemies: [member="Cerbera"] | [member="Evelynn"] | [member="Darth Ophidia"]
Allies: [member="Bethany Kismet"] | [member="Nylea Apollodor"] | [member="Zylah Dvale"] | [member="Oros"]

The duo's initial journey through Hylotl was practically a breeze, in thanks to Keersk's familiarity with the city. They mainly avoided the main streets and used alleyways and side streets to navigate around the 'hot zones' that were steadily increasing in number. While the chaos had erupted within the center areas of the city, there had been smaller pockets of it that began to pop up in random parts. Some were diminished by the security forces, others fizzled out naturally or bled over into the neighbouring zones making things worse. For Hazel and Keersk, it became quickly obvious that the situation had escalated, especially when the Bothan cursed several times when they found a street that was enraptured in chaos.

"Damnit, this way." Keersk muttered as he led them out on the main street and towards what looked to be a security checkpoint. The guards there immediately zoning on on the pair, odd as they were striding towards them in their environmental suits.

"I'm sorry, but you can't-wait...Doctor Fi'ris? I thought you were in the hospital?"

"I was, I left to go and find the Sacred Lotus folks that arrived. She's one of 'em" He shoved a thumb over at Hazel. "This is Doctor Zanteres, we're heading to the hospital to further assess the contagion." That seemed to get the security guard's attention, immediately shuffling over to open the gate for them.

"My apologizes, go right on through. Oh, also be careful if you go near the western checkpoint, the men there have been having to defend against some rioters." The two doctors gave a brief nod, but had no intention of getting anywhere near there. It was the hospital that was their main focus. With that Hazel and Keersk made a beeline for the building.

Allies: [member="Bethany Kismet"] [member="Elisea Korrado"]
Enemies: Lol
Objective: BYOO

"Thank you," the Echani said to the bartender as a pitcher was given to the patrons along with two glass containers. The young man then served the beverage to both himself and the Ithor.

"I see then...well, I suppose I will have to wait. Luckily I am a very patient man," the Thake said attempting to make a joke which something he was just bad at. He brought up with discipline and seriousness, and while he was grateful for those two things of his parents it put him in a shell. He barely understood slang or common quips.

Then a stranger came up to him and Sorin, and introduced herself. "Greetings, miss Elisea; I am Uroy Thake," he said respectfully.

"Sorin, I would very much like a tour around Monastery if that is possible and if you have the time."

Objective: Have a Drink in Peace

It was raining in the city of Vitalii as the solitary figured trudged down the cobblestone of the narrow side street.

On either end busy thoroughfares bustled with traffic, mostly pedestrians and carriages drawn by beasts of burden, with a rare few landspeeders scattered throughout like novelties of the galaxy beyond. But Zark Pulsar, Jedi Knight and Commodore of the Galactic Alliance Defense Force, was grateful for the rare opportunity for solitude, as brief as it may be. As he walked, thoughts roiled inside his head for the moment less obstructed by the white noise of the city all around him. While conflict was still raging in Alliance space, his actions during the Battle of Kaeshana had earned him a bit of a black mark among High Command, and soon he would be taking military command of the still under construction frontier starport of Fort Dawn. A punishment disguised as a promotion, as well as a transfer off the front lines.

And the worst part was he wasn't sure if that was a bad thing. Ever since Atrisia, he had felt different somehow, changed. More and more lately, it had become difficult to find his center, to maintain control of his passions. The naval officer feared it would soon interfere with his duty, possibly even endanger lives. And so, at a loss for how to proceed but unwilling to abandon his adopted people now that they needed men and women like him more than ever, Zark had grown uncertain if there was anything truly wrong at all besides war weariness finally catching up with him. Taking advantage of several weeks in accumulated, unused shore leave, the Jedi had climbed aboard his personal ship, the Flarestar-class attack shuttle Endeavour, and set a course for anywhere else.

Hoping the time and space would bring some clarity, his travels had brought him to the nearby world of Monastery. Garbed in civilian clothes consisting of an unadorned bantha wool great coat, a simple tunic and trousers, the one lingering artifact of his uniform were the navy issue combat boots that plodded along wetly, its leather by now having absorbed so much water that his feet were soaked to the bone. No one had stopped and searched him on the way in, so the marine heavy blaster pistol remained concealed underneath the great coat in its shoulder holster, carried more out of habit than any real anticipation of needing it. Before leaving the shuttle, almost as an afterthought, Zark had also grabbed the lightsaber collecting dust in the corner of the cockpit, slotting it into the concealed compartment within his prosthetic arm.

Emerging once more onto the busy, albeit still narrow main streets of Vitalii, the Jedi wiped the dripping rain off his hair and brow. His destination at last in sight, the foreigner hustled the last few paces across the road in between traffic before pausing to wipe his boots just outside the entrance to the cantina. The amateur archaeologist and, in a past life, former treasure hunter, had settled on Monastery as his destination mostly for the planet's history, as well as plentiful ruins. But as he was loath to violate any local laws or customs regarding tomb robbing or the plundering of cultural heritage and sight seeing just didn't hold the same thrill, he had ended up back in Vitalii asking for directions to the nearest bar instead.

Zark's relief at getting inside and out of the rain lasted only seconds. Sensing the danger a moment before he entered the main room, his hand instinctively reached for his blaster before it froze. Standing over a bleeding, terrified looking woman stood a Devaronian brandishing a particularly nasty looking vibroblade in the direction of an outraged yet horrified bartender. Upon the sound of his bootfalls, all eyes within the cantina were on him.

The Jedi Knight sighed, "I'll take a Corellian ale."

[member="Zylah Dvale"] [member="Nylea Apollodor"]

Vexen, in general, did not like being away from [member="Micah Talith"]. But the particular point when the longing became most acute was when she needed to make first introductions. She had lived quite alone, in a mostly feral state for the first decade of her life. Now she travelled and explore with the Talith.

Not only were behaviours deeply ingrained to the point she would always been nervous around strangers but there was a practical aspect to the current situation. There were rumours of a nasty infection and the dark side tainted the air. Defel wraiths were mere shadows in the visible spectrum. They had barely been seen around the galaxy before the Gulag Plague and now they were almost unheard of. A shadow of claws and teeth was a good way to spark a reaction in nervous Jedi investigating something dark.

She let her presence unravel in the Force so she wouldn't surprise anyone. Not a pure signature of the light, but benevolent and calm. Then she called out: "hey!" To the pair whilst she was a good distance away.

[member="Cerbera"] [member="Darth Ophidia"]

A gentle breeze caused the folders of her cloak to billow out. She kept her hood tight around her, keeping her pallid skin from view. Her concentration was split on three fronts.

She observed the alchemist greet another user id the dark side she didn't recognise. Another part maintained the ward she had summoned to keep the infection at bay. The final part was a spell of discovery. Slender fingers drew an intricate pattern in the air. It faintly shimmered before her hand before a subtle wave rippled through the air.

The light side. It was drawing closer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom