Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Peace and quiet at the resort

Gwj6gFh.png

5m5qOKV.png

Objectives: do nothing for once
Tag: Naivia Neryn Naivia Neryn
flocking-to-the-sea-by-omen2501-d197l11-350t.jpg

Isla Draellix sat on a lounger on the dark volcanic sands of the beach, the two sun's bathed her in warm golden light whilst the sea breeze blew away her troubles. Another politician had recommended this place and it did not disappoint even slightly. She had her favourite swimsuit on and her surf board sat sticking in the sand not far from the shore. It was so quiet and she loved it, she actually felt isolated for once, even though she could see one of her Praetorians marching through the surf on a patrol not far away. "SAINT, please show locations of bodyguard units one to four" the holographic woman she had become familiar with seeing now, invisible to everyone else, appeared and held a map in front of her. The four droids wandered on their patrol, maintaining a discreet distance to keep her privacy. "Thank you SAINT," she said and the the woman broke into thousands of small cubes and dispersed on the wind.

The first sun would be going down soon and her contact told her it would give her an hour of glorious piped surf before the second sun began to dip below the horizon. She rolled over on to her front pulled the shoulder straps down a little and unclipped the suit. It was strange, her augmented DNA meant she would tan quickly and even without much exposure, but it felt nice to just play at being a normal girl tanning herself.

What is normal these days? She almost felt out of place not hearing the hum of a fusion reactor that was omnipresent on her warships.

She breathed deeply and closed her eyes, trying to forget about her troubles.

5m5qOKV.png

The art of dancing in the light
59b3c5e0f1226.jpg

After nearly 12 years of travelling all over the galaxy, which has transformed Neryn from a lonely sage too early for such age into a socially active odd ball with a pleasant appearance, she finally has the means and, more importantly, the time to fly as far away as possible from the major economic centres of the galaxy and from all the hustle and bustle, to some lonely paradise place,
where you can sit under the sun, or even better, two stars, drink delicious milkshakes and enjoy the silence and the view of the sea, which is passing into the distance.
And what happiness! A couple of days of worrying that she might forget something, that she might drop something somewhere, Neryn finally stood barefoot on the warm seashore in a light, slightly transparent white dress, admiring the evening sunset of twin stars,
which filled her heart with the serenity and awe she had waited so long for.

The resort attracted her attention with its simultaneous sense of exoticism and opulence, as well as the absolutely low number of visitors, which was confirmed after her first walk along the gardens and the coastal sand. It's felt as if
a land for lonely souls from across the galaxy. Thinking about it the girl smiled pleasantly as she felt the light breeze made her dress dance in different directions along with her snow-white hair.

Neryn had a stunning figure of a tall woman, even without too much muscle, she could gather a whole army of romantics around her if she wanted to, but she wishes for the the opposite of that: silence, peace and harmony.

The girl headed towards her room, holding a tray with a drink, and while her mind was flying in the clouds, not looking where she was going, she bumped into a girl and almost broke the expensive tableware right on the spot...

Falling backwards the girl instantly used her force to hold the dishes in the air and started apologising a lot, without even looking who was in front of her

"Please forgive me! I really didn't mean to disturb you! It's just that this place...you know, you can start dreaming of a sweet , calm life..."

Isla Draellix-Kobitana Isla Draellix-Kobitana

Gwj6gFh.png

5m5qOKV.png

The blonde woman's eyes snapped back open as some oaf tripped on her lounger and she felt drink splash on to the backs of her legs. "Can you be karking careful," she snapped "the beach is practically deserted and you trip over me?" she turned her head to look at her assailant as she pulled the straps in her suit back up and made sure she was secure.

She looked across and saw the young woman on her back holding some plates in the air using the force, a small smile crept on her lips with the comedy of it all. One of her bodyguard droids now loomed closer, but had not taken any aggressive actions yet. There didn't seem anything to worry about at the moment, but he could stay on hand anyway.

"Need a hand there?" asked Isla, her brief annoyance at the girl quickly passing. Isla reached in to the plates and started gently restacking them to put them back on the tray, the girl clearly didn't want them dropped so she might as well help her out. She didn't say much until the plates were gathered. Isla was curious what the girl was drinking, nice milkshakes apparently? They did look very appealing, she might need to try one. Isla looked over at her own glasses, the last one was half full with a wonderful golden liquid that tasted like peppery silk.

Isla then stood over the woman, she had a strong figure but slim and feminine, her skin was browning in the sunshine and she had a fine sheen of sweat on her skin from the heat. She reached out her hand to help the young woman up, "You do need to be more careful, number 3 over her would have had your head off" and she laughed before helping the girl up.

5m5qOKV.png

For Neryn the whole thing was not like a comedy, but rather another cautionary lesson about not dreaming of crystal palaces while carrying expensive drinks in a place where there was at least a minimal chance of hitting something and falling over.
After scratching her head slightly as a sign that the girl was alive, she carefully put everything back into place with the help of the force and looked at the girl in front of her for the first time.
Her gaze circled her entire body and the first thing that popped into her head was
* I haven't seen a beauty like that in a long time*

Then she calmly tucked her hair behind her ears and added with a thank you.
"I'm so sorry about what happened. I hope it doesn't happen again, and yes it's vanilla flavours. You are welcome to try, and my name is Naivia Neryn by the way. I came here this morning hoping to take a break from the crazy adventures and craziness of the whole galaxy, but apparently even here you can bump into an interesting case."

The girl chuckled and looked around at the droids as usual without much thought added

"Is this some sort of VIP protection? I just don't know about all the services this fine establishment can offer."

The white dress on the girl's dress was developing slightly in the breeze, revealing the lovely shape of her feminine body. It was like something out of a fairy tale of the Northern Queen, only the Queen herself didn't know how beautiful and alluring she could be to others.

Gwj6gFh.png

5m5qOKV.png

Isla welcomed the greeting happily, "I'll let you off this once, i'm Isla" she held out her hand in a greeting. It was nice to interact with someone who didn't know her name before she even opened her mouth, between her high profile in the Crusade and the fact that information was so freely available, it was hard to feel anonymous these days. She missed it sometimes. "Don't worry about the droids, they are mine, I am military so have to lug these things around to to keep me out of trouble." As Isla's tone became more relaxed, the droids stood down and returned to the patrol paths. Leaving the two women to chat longer.

"So, are you on holiday too then? I really like it here. Apparently in about 20 minutes the surf is going to get really good." She gestured towards her board "do you surf?"

This was actually quite nice, getting to chat to someone, neither of them knew each other and there was no power difference, just two pretty young women chatting on the beach, now that is something she certainly missed since she rose to her position. She hadn't seen her childhood friends much lately. Isla handed the girl back her milkshake and picked up her own drink. She drained it quickly, it was a little warmer than when she ordered it, but still tasted good.

She could hear some music on the breeze, it sounded like a calypso band, that was probably the most fun kind of music to hear on a sunny beach and really added to the tropical mood.

5m5qOKV.png

Neryn gently shook the woman's hand and smiled sweetly, studying the girl's face to remember it for possible future chance encounters, which happened quite often.

"I'm pleased to meet Isla. Military droids? Very cute, like guarding of an angel."

The girl chuckled sweetly, generally admiring the atmosphere of such a mysterious hour. She was pleased that, among all possible scenarios, her new acquaintance was a very intelligent, pleasant and quiet girl.
When asked about the reason for her arrival in this lovely little place. On reflection she answered.

"Yes, I am here on holiday in a way. The best chance to get away from the constant star system tours and just enjoy the silence for a while! Yes, I play the sport, but right now I'd rather just hang out or admire the local panoramas. Very mesmerizing."

With that the girl looked around at the sand and returned to the girl

"By the way Isla, where did you buy that? swimsuit It looks very nice on you! You look like a sunset goddess."

Gwj6gFh.png

5m5qOKV.png

"Guarding an angel?" Isla asked, raising an eyebrow curiosily "are you sure it's just milkshakes you have in there?" This girl was either flirting with her or just like colourful language, she had dealt with enough people that used excessively grandiose expressions to let it slide over her head.

Isla needed a holiday, the last few months had become a bit of a blur and although she was settling in to her beautiful new home on Lur, just leaving Ashlan space for a few days and getting some sunshine was a huge relief. Note to self, we need to conquer a paradise world next, no more dust bowls.

"Where did I get my suit?" The question took her back a little, she didn't tend to go shopping and just told her retainers what she wanted. "It's a sports suit, keeps everything under control when i am on the waves, probably made by some big company." She tried to reach around to pull the label in the collar, but the tight fitting meant she couldn't move it around far. "Here, if you can read that, it's from there I suppose" and she laughed, talking about clothes shopping with a random woman, she felt a little silly, but this is what girls are supposed to do right.

"I like your dress too, it looks pretty and it flows nicely in the breeze." she returned the compliment, slightly awkwardly as it was out of her comfort zone, but she genuinely did find the dress very attractive.

5m5qOKV.png

Neryn laughed sweetly in response and after finishing her milkshake she gently tucked her white hair behind her ear and added

"That couldn't be! I went to so much trouble to earn a drink like that! No no no! It's perfectly normal."

The girl liked that Isla was keen to have a dialogue with her and even though she might have been associated with the army, overall she was an attractive and pleasant woman to be with.
When the question came to her swimswuit , the girl began to scrutinise the material it was made of and occasionally looked at Isla's body as if checking something out.
Afterwards with a pouty face she glanced at it and snorted

"That's top notch!!! WOW!!!! I want one just like it, only in gold!"

After hearing the compliment about her best snow-white dress, the girl blushed and looked away and added

"S-so nice to hear you say that, Isla."

After a moment's silence, the girl touched her elbow a little to see what topic she should start and asked.

"What room are you staying in? I'm in 23, it's on the first floor first on the right . It's a small room with a nice balcony and a divine view of the sea!

Gwj6gFh.png

5m5qOKV.png

Isla sighed, as she looked at the bottom of her empty glass and she considered what what girl was saying, maybe she shouldn't lead with the fact that she is in the presidential suite, "Yeah, my rooms alright, I can see the sea too, it it gorgeous at sunset here isn't it." and she smiled. "Want to take a walk up the beach to that lovely little bar? I don't know if that is where you got your drink but they do lovely cocktails." She wasn't going to bring up the kind of obvious hint that the girl had dropped with her room number. Why spoil a lovely evening with a sweet girl.

As they walked though the warm sand Isla asked "So what are you holidaying from? What do you do when you are not flirting with random soldiers on an isolated beach." it was a gentle tease of the girl, just so she knew that Isla knew what was going on. The droids followed behind, just out of earshot, keeping the two women with easy reach if they were needed. Isla could probably pass up surfing for now, a couple of bursts with an Interdiction generator and she could have all the waves she wanted. She looked up the clear blue sky, her SAINT overlay tracked the location of her ship high in orbit and and she wondered whether that would actually work.

5m5qOKV.png

Neryn didn't mind a certain mystique about where Isla was, she even liked it better somehow, her imagination was more active in drawing all sorts of hotel rooms, which made the girl not immediately respond to the option, but the reaction was distinctly positive.

"I would love to! I get Milkshakes at the indoor hotel bar, they're not expensive. There are about 14 flavours in total, it's just heaven! "If I had the means, I'd try them all, I swear to you."

The girl wasn't stupid either and understood the language of secret gestures and innuendos perfectly, sometimes she would touch her hair a little, look at her own dress for a while and sharply return her gaze to Isla. But for her it was the spiritual aspect of what was happening that mattered most. Hearing a question about what she does in life Neryn answered sincerely

"Where the Force calls me is where I fly, it can be a Sith or a Jedi or an obscure creature or structure. I get a lot of experience, in return how you spend time as military lady, Isla?"

Gwj6gFh.png

5m5qOKV.png

Isla's heart skipped a beat at the mention of the word Sith from the woman's mouth, why did she have to say that word? Could have been anything. Her heart was racing a little, her AI must have detected her elevated stress levels as the droids had now moved into a much more obvious holding position, closer, and making no attempts to be discrete, SAINT had clearly decided that a show of strength should cool any low level threats, she had also scanned the features of the woman and come up with nothing.

"You could be a Sith or Jedi? Fairly certain you need to pick a lane with those two." she grinned looking at the woman, she had worked with force neutrals before, but most of them avoiding claiming either Sith or Jedi titles. She tried to read the woman's face, trying to get any advantage she could, her dealings with Ingrid had made her think much more carefully about facial queues. She had such a pretty and innocent face, but then even powerful, century old warlords could have innocent faces in her experience.

"I'm a sailor, an officer in a naval power, that's why the droids are here." Isla pointed at the sky, "My ship is about, there" The ship was lazily in in orbit, thousands of sailors and thousands of marines will be running drills why she sips cocktails on the beach. Life is very strange.

"So I take it you are some kind of neutral force user then? Your description of your life reminds me a little of a friend of mine... a shape-shifting friend of mine..." and she gave Naivia a comically suspicious look, she didn't believe this was her friend, but a little bit of playfulness was taking the edge off of the anxiety she felt about chatting to a potential Sith, ten thousand lightyears from the nearest Saber weilding fanatic.

5m5qOKV.png

Neryn realised that it was painful for the girl to mention the Sith and therefore immediately remembered this mistake in her mind so that she would not make the same error again in the future. She wasn't nervous even when asked about who she was of the two sides or where she was positioning herself. The girl quietly admired the way their feet walked on the sand almost simultaneously and calmly replied

"I would say that both sides tried to teach me, but failed as my view of Force was different from theirs. So if I'm trying to find myself a position, it's probably the Keeper of the Force or someone who's trying to learn and love it. "

Afterwards, the girl learned that there was a huge spaceship above her and Isla was not just a soldier, but also apparently a rather high ranking officer. She looked up into the sky with her fiery eyes, concentrating her power she really felt the entire body of the massive ship with thousands of sentient beings living on it. She was reassured that the girl's life was being watched over and glad.

"You could call it that. Basically the only thing that makes me different is that I am in a state of symbiosis with the force entity. Please don't be afraid, he's a perfectly nice and wise mentor, although most of the time neither he nor I interfere with each other. Especially now that there's a chance to forget about all the crazy adventures."

Neryn looked then and there into Isla's eyes as she spoke, also towards the sea, which reminded her of her childhood days when she was still two parts of her family and not a lonely wanderer of the galaxy as she was now.

Gwj6gFh.png

5m5qOKV.png

"So am I talking to the force or non-force part of you now? I have a friend who is a force entity and she is a very unusual creature, not like anything I have known before, but she is very kind." Isla was well aware that there were force entities from the whole spectrum, she was releived to say that so far she had not dealt with too many malevolent ones up close and personal, so far as she was aware.

The two women stopped at the bar and Isla ordered herself called a two-star shiner, a tall drink, coloured in a light red colour, "Do you want a milkshake or a cocktail? Ladies choice" whichever Naivia picked she would order that version of a 'Peppered Beach' either one would taste like coconut mixed with white pepper, one made with golden rum, the other with ice cream.

Once they had their drinks, Isla led them to the sea shore where the surf just about ended, Isla sat down with her legs stretched out and her feet in the very top of the rolling surf. She looked at the pretty dress the girl was wearing and grinned "Want me to grab you a chair or something or do you mind if your dress gets a little sandy?" . She looked as the first of the suns went down over the horizon, and a little way out the surf was starting to curl a little. A droid was now right behind them with her board, she had forgotten to tell them she had changed her mind.

"Er, do you mind Naivia?will you be alright while I catch a few waves, i will only be out there a little bit? You can spot for me, maybe catch a few pictures for me?" And she smiled at the excellent idea of having a spotter on the beach. "fifteen minutes then we can sit and drink some more, I might look a little less put together when I come out of the water though." and she laughed.

5m5qOKV.png

Neryn laughed sweetly in response and looked at Isla and replied sincerely with a soft smile

"You're talking to me, even without Singing Fire I'm still a force user . Really? You have interesting friends, just like
your unconventional, but pleasing character to me."

Reaching the bar, the girl listened to the options and replied

"Shall we have a cocktail? I haven't had one in a while and you can't taste everything in the world, there's a whole industry based on it!"

After a delicious milkshake and ice cream, the girl was surprised that she was being taken care of in this way . She looked at her bare white legs and returned her gaze to Isla and said.

"W-well, if you don't mind...I'd rather have a chair, of course! Wouldn't want to ruin the only good dress I have with me!"

The silence of the place and everything going on before her eyes reminded her of childhood dreams of a person with whom she could spend hours in silence, gazing at the stars, studying literature or looking at each other in silence.
As she pondered, she caught Isla's idea of surfing for a bit and areplied with some concern.

"Wouldn't you get lonely or scared? Just in case know that I'm here for you and I'll come to the rescue. And yes, I have just the device for pictures!"

"And yes, I am not against chatting after you will surf!"

The sight of Isla laughing made Neryn's chest warmer, it was a sign that she was relaxed and enjoyed Isla's company

Gwj6gFh.png

5m5qOKV.png

"Lonely or scared?" enquired Isla, quite confused. "I have been surfing since I was a child, I love the waves, you just watch. And also, I am sure once we are done I can hook you up with a couple of extra dresses if that is really the only one you brought, I always pack too many clothes." she added after looking at the girl carefully again "You look about my size."

She grabbed her board and walked into the sea, allowing the cool water to splash over her, she squatted down, wetting her whole body before paddling out to where the waves were forming, it didn't take long before she was where she wanted to be. It was so quiet and peaceful, the single sub setting looked beautiful across the sea and the blend of colours rising up to meet the light from the other sun was intense. This is what she was here for, what she had waited for.

A large rolling wave formed beneath her and she kicked up on to her board, bending her knees to pick up speed speed soar across the front of the wave, the water glistened and she was entirely lost in the moment. She reached out and touched the wall, leaving a trail of spray where her fingers grazed the water. The wave began to curl and she ducked down tighter to ride the pipe through. She hoped the girl on the beach had caught that one. As the wave settled, she dropped in speed and floated towards the beach. "did you get me? She shouted over to her friend, how did I look? Going to do one more then we can drink again." and Isla have her the thumbs up, before readjusting her suit and paddling back out to repeat her ritual.

This time Isla had an even more wonderful wave form and she loved is, beaming from ear to ear as she cut through the wave, not even minding when she over cooked it and went head over heels into the water, she watched as her board bobbed by her toward the beach and she burst out laughing. That was a rush, Isla thought to herself.

Isla stood herself up and double checked everything was still in one piece before walking back out of the water. She retrieved her drink of of Naivia and took a big sip. She realised that SAINT had completely vanished from her field of view the whole surf, maybe she was leaning to adapt to it, or maybe the AI was just giving her some space.

"alright them Naivia, are you surfing or do you want to do something else? I am up for hanging out some more if that's fine with you?"

5m5qOKV.png

As soon as Isla started surfing on the board Neryn stood in complete shock for a couple of seconds. From the outside it was like a girl dancing on the waves, sloppy in places, but talented and reliable. As if the girl really was born into the sea and entrusted her life to it. Especially the combination of colours from the sun, from the shimmering colours of the seabed, from the lights of the hotel, created an inexpressible effect that made Neryn's whole body was burning as if she was were something magical, warm, surreal.
She herself had not expected such a reaction from the "waves" Dancer.

Soon she was able to catch the moment and take a perfect picture where the wind, Isla's figure and the sun's rays, slightly curled up in a tube because of the waves of the sea, were combined.

Hearing the question, the girl instantly replied
"Gorgeous! You're like a work of art! Just be careful, it takes my breath away from your amazing antics! "

The second time, the girl's jaw almost fell out of her mouth.

"I don't know about you, but she's more of a dancer than a military officer."

Said she in her head and heard an approving voice

"Or is it your outlook~ that everyone is a flower at heart, the important thing is not to let them rot, but to look after them .but don't forget about yourself too"

Neryn only shrugged in response and moved another nice chair for Isla with the help of force from the hotel.
As soon as the girl came out of the sea to her she approached her and replied

"No problem! I've just prepared a chair for you, we can sit for a while and then walk around some more if you want."

Naivia looked extremely enlightened that Isla enjoyed surfing.

Gwj6gFh.png

5m5qOKV.png

Isla was not used to the flattery that was coming from the woman, more familiar with people congratulating her on a military victory, clapping, back slapping a toasting, that was what she was used too.

"The way you speak is interesting, lots of flowery descriptive language, I don't know many people so positive." it was true, and it was kind of nice, this was meant meant be a holiday after all, away from death, away from crusading and just generally to a new experience. Isla lay on the lounger with her drink and looked closely at Naivia, trying to size her up and wondering what her game was. Was she really just innocently chatting? It felt like she was flirting, nothing wrong with that at all, but to what ends. "You know, maybe I have just spent too much time around people with motives" She said, finishing her internal thoughts aloud. "Let's see some of the pictures while we finish our drinks." She pulled the straps of her suit down a little again to allow the sun to reach those parts and she lay on her back looking at the images, they were pretty good. "I should let you take pictures of me more often," she laughed "the official photographers never seem to get the angles I like."

5m5qOKV.png

Neryn stared silently with fiery eyes at the ocean, her hands resting relaxed, one in the air holding a drink with the help of strength and drinking some of it. Isla's words about her soft tongue were rather a reminder of the swamps and horrors of life the girl had gone through so that from her tears the tsvkts had grown to reach her speech and her childlike way of trusting all people and things. Afterwards she heard some form of ending thought and added

"It's simpler than that... I am attracted to different personas for one reason or another, unknown to me. That's all I really know... "

The girl calmly turned her head towards Isla and without a smile she too measured her gaze as if she was trying to play some kind of game with her.

"Hmm... I hope you'll take a picture of me too, Miss Momentum? "

The girl asked and held out Isla's camera, touching the girl's hand slightly gently

"Try so that the light falls a bit into the sun and goes all the way up to my chest and my legs are the type in the shade. It's like I'm made of sun and shadow at the same time! "

Gwj6gFh.png

5m5qOKV.png

"Momentum?" That was a strange thing to call her, she took the camera for Naivia's hand stood up "alright then girl, you work it for me." And she laughed, the girl was very pretty and the light played on her skin wonderfully, she tried to take the picture that she asked for.

"It's simpler than that... I am attracted to different personas for one reason or another, unknown to me. That's all I really know... "

"To be honest, I don't think any of us really know why we are attracted to people? Where would be the fun in that, I think we mostly have a time, I like blondes myself, and I like intelligent people, particularly one's that challenge me a bit. I've never had much time to date though." It was true, even from from early each she was primarily focused on her learning, she always felt she owed her parents that, after everything they went through to have her.

"Do you have a type then? and don't just say tall, dark and handsome because that is cheating." She grinned, she couldn't remember the last time she had just wasted time, she had been at a beach party a year or so ago, but it was semi-political and nobody bothered with her anyway in the wake of all the military issues.

After a few minutes of taking photos, she came and sat down next to Naivia and half the camera in front of the two of them flipping though the images. "I like this one, I think the way you are focusing on something else in the distance makes the image personally." She looked through some more and then had a fun thought.

"My colleagues will think I sat on the beach doing nothing for but reading military texts if I don't get a shot with you." She lifted the camera and put her arm around Naivia, showing the V for victory symbol with the hand around her friend's back. She took a few self portrait photos with the girl and then lowered the camera, looking through them they were good shots, some were a bit silly and badly framed but that was kind of the point.

5m5qOKV.png

After the question about personal taste Neryn thought deeply, trying to put together a perfect portrait in her head of someone she could like, but no way was it working. She smiled sweetly and with a little shake of her head left and right answered

"To be honest, I don't really have a certain image. If I like or love someone, it's not necessarily because of their looks, over time it can take on a certain spiritual depth. I enjoy spending time with that person, listening to their voice, thoughts, words, speeches. Laughing together, enjoying life, getting into different situations and doing other funny things. Seeing the person as he or she is probably afraid to show himself or herself to others for some reason, I am ready to accept this person and together with him or her learn both of our weak sides and support each other, trust and so on. T-that is my answer... "

Neryn blushed, as rarely had that atmosphere or basis been created for her to be asked such a question...

"B-but I don't mind... Well at least try to make steps towards a relationship... And all that... You know... "

The girl's speech got a little quieter, after which Isla put her arm around her and started to take a general picture. Neryn managed to gently hug the girl and make a couple of funny faces and after looking at the pictures she laughed sweetly.

"You know, I think you and I need to be more open! At least if you and I met, I want you to be comfortable and calm with me. Really... So if you have any ideas or desires, don't be afraid to express them. I'll listen to you carefully."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom