Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Path of the Divines (Moross Crusade)

Salina Aviner

Seeing is believing, but one must see first.
For the longest time Salina had felt lost. The Order of the Black Hand was gone, broken and gone almost over night. So many had gone their own ways and now she felt as though she'd had no where else to turn. The Witches of Dathomir had given her sanctuary before but she felt to return to them would bring no real comfort. They taught her what they could and she'd already decided to leave to discover more for herself. For over nearly two months all she could do was what she'd done before, wader about and tell the fortunes of those who asked and making a decent payment from it.

But then she began to hear of a group of people know as the Moross Crusade, those who believed in gods of the universe. This had truly intrigued Salina for she herself believed in gods that held the fate of all in the galaxy their hands. Whether or not they were the same gods meant little to her, all it was for her sake was possible new start. Taken the first shuttle as far out to the planet where they were said to be, Salina was all the more eager to be among others like herself. She hoped at least.

When they landed Salina used her amphistaff Xira and began trekking onward, hoping to find any of these Crusaders.

Exocron was the capital of the Crusade, and it was there that Salina's ship landed amidst the hulking shadows of massive freighters filled with hopeful pilgrims. They came in vast droves, a myriad of colors, shapes, and sizes. The air was thick with the languages of the galaxy and the swelling birth of hope. Countless immigrants arrived by the day, seeking a new life, searching out their purpose.

Salina was no different in this way, but she was unique in many others.

The waves of pilgrims were shepherded by Priests towards the high rise of the Divine Temple. Crusaders and Warriors lined the paved pathway between the starport and the rise of buildings within the capital city. Salina was lead through in a group of immigrating peoples from many walks of life. She, like them, sat through the welcome speech of a Priest and given her own copy of the Book of Moross that detailed the Crusade's foundations, its Pantheon, and all other pertinent information. When it was over the group was dismissed to their assigned chambers that would become their temporary homes until each new Crusader found their place within the Capital. Afterwards she was free to roam.

Inari did not stand in greeting at the main foyer today. Having just returned from a reprieve on Aing-Tii, the Goddess sat in her respective hall of worship, surrounded by her White Guard, the elite protectors of the Reviver. The devout came to pay their respects, pilgrims came to offer their services. The woman sat in silence, observing and listening, offering a warm smile and a gentle nod to each, though she was curiously reticent this day. There was a presence in the temple that had piqued her attention, and so she waited to see if it would arrive.

@[member="Salina Aviner"]

Salina Aviner

While not given the actual book itself Salina was given an audio holopad to help her know the texts itself. After being settled into her quarters she took the time to actual roam about, though that did little help given her condition. However, as she walked about, her ability to see the auras of powerful force users began to pick up the energy of someone, or something, very powerful. Asking about it she was directed to the temple of someone called Inari. Upon finder her way into the temple Salina soon found herself in the presence of the person who had such energy about her. To Salina it looked like an outline of a great light with swirls of violet and blue around it. The auras of the force always varied on who and how the person used it. She stood int the back, almost afraid to speak in the presence of whoever this Inari was. Her hands clutched around the head of her staff as she felt a nervous ting.

@Amorella Mae

Kelik Corinthus

K
(OOC: How dare you start the party without me Lady Inari :p)

A mass pilgrimage of new Morossians had come to Exocron to begin their religious teachings and Kelik was there as a greeter for them, welcoming them to their new homes and lives. The glaucus was able to spot the prestigious and beautiful Lady Inari and gave her a respectful bow followed by a salute. There were plenty of new faces of many different species. It was a beautiful sight to see people converting to the Crusade, bettering their lives.

After ensuring the people were able to find their way through the capital, he walked towards the Temple of Inari to speak with the goddess about her journey. He awaited at the front door until he was granted entry.

@[member="Salina Aviner"] |@[member="Amorella Mae"]

Inari in any form was lament to sit idle. The Crusade was growing and there were projects that required her attention. Yet with such a large immigration today, the Reviver found her presence a more pressing matter. The Goddess stood before her seat at the alter -- the tapestry of the Reviver at her back and the fountain of purity encircling her feet -- and patiently waited to hear all those who came to call. Gifts for the Goddess sat against the base of the alter and at the feet of the White Guard.

As a new pilgrim finished his proclamation of devotion Inari nodded to the man and invited him to drink. He did so, filling a silver cup with water from the spring and drinking from it, hands quaking. He uttered his thanks and stepped away, giving the Goddess a clear view of the center aisle and the woman that stood at the very end just within the entrance.

So this was the curious presence. The Reviver smiled and folded her hands within the sleeves of her white and gold robes, "Hello," her soft voice was enough to cause a stir within the quiet hall, "welcome. Please, step forward."

Inari's eyes did not leave @[member="Salina Aviner"].

"The Bright One is speaking to you, Miss," a Priestess standing nearby Salina uttered.

Salina Aviner

Looking in the priestess' direction, jumping a bit when the apparent Goddess herself had spoken directly to her, Salina took her steps forward until she was in front of her. With her staff still in hand she gave a deep bow and held for a moment before standing straight. While she'd not been as much as a religious person as people would believe, Salina still knew the meaning of respect towards someone or something of another's beliefs. She was silent for a moment, trying to think of what to say, before she finally spoke with "I....are you the one they call Inari?"

@Amorella Mae

Head curving a degree to the left, Inari's blue eyes stared down at the woman from behind her silver mask, considering her in a heavy silence.

"I am," she replied, smile waning only enough to speak those quiet, honeyed words. Her gaze passed over Salina's dark robes to the staff within her hands. There were many reasons one carried a staff though she wagered a guess that this one was for a more practical purpose. The silence of the room was profound and though Inari could feel the eyes of dozens upon her and she sensed the anxiety of the woman before her yet she remained serene.

"You may speak freely."

At the hall entrance the Priests permitted @[member="Kelik Corinthus"] passage after directing several pilgrims out.

Akin had come to this pilgrimage, though admittingy not of his own free will. His benefactor, Zoey had insisted that he take it as a way to fully enter the cause. "Okay, so I'm here. Now what?", he asked to the empty air. Looking around, he could see multiple shrines, apparently to each of the gods. Maybe he was supposed to find his? It seemed nearly impossible. Spotting an alien not too far away, he sized him up before asking "Where's Erebos? His spot, I mean."

@[member="Kelik Corinthus"]

Salina Aviner

@Amorella Mae

Nodding at the cue that she had permission, Salina began with "I am...." before her powers of seeing into pasts came into action. She cold see the past of those around her, some of the priestesses and pilgrims. All different in how grand, sad, or simple their stories were. But then she began to see the past of the god Inari, seeing everything. It surprised her as it was not the past she expected of an apparent god. Still this was not the place to cause some sort of outburst over her discovery. She didn't realize but she'd been staring up at Inari, her pale blue eyes simply looking in her direction. When it wad done Salina snapped back to focus and said "....Salina Aviner. I have come because I was told this was a place that believed and worshiped in the divinities of the galaxy. The gods who's wills judge the fates of all with invisible strings."

Kelik Corinthus

K
Before Kelik entered Inari's hall, he stopped to acknowledge the new arrival. Kelik chirped a little as he turned to look down on the individual. "You speak of the Devourer? The lord of destruction and all things chaotic?" Kelik inquired before pointing towards a darkened hall. "Right there." he answered. "You must be a pilgrim. Let me be on of the first to welcome you. I am Kelik Corinthus. Probably the only glaucus you'll see 'round here." he stated.

"If you'll please excuse me for a moment.." Kelik slightly bowed to the newcomer and walked into Inari's hall. He smiled at her warmly and bowed. "Lady Inari. I'm glad you've returned safely. I assume all went well?" Kelik only barely noticed the other newcomer dressed in dark, elegant robes, but notice her he did.

@[member="Akon Devoda"] | @[member="Amorella Mae"] | @[member="Salina Aviner"]

A brow larked at the stare received, though this was impossible to see behind her silver mask. Inari waited patiently for the woman's words to come, noting the strange spike of energy within the Force. Curiouser and curiouser.

"This is one such place," Inari replied, "the Pantheon of Moross is an ancient one - be the embodiments of those ideals that are shared across this galaxy. What is it of these fates -" but before she could finish the words of the glaucus cut through the air. The Reviver turned to look at him, masked face offering him little in the way of expression.

"You address an Aesir," a Priest spoke up from nearby, clearly appalled that someone had the audacity to interrupt a God and then address them so informally, "not some mortal Lady."

"Thank you, Priest Larue," the Reviver intoned, "I am sure no harm was meant. Clearly this Crusader is simply overcome with delight at my return that he's forgotten himself."

Salina Aviner

After hearing the priests outburst and turning, Salina stood to the side as she heard the steps of the "crusader" approach. In that moment she saw his past flash before her eyes, taking it into account before lowering her head to hide her face from him. More and more she could feel an awkward position grow on the back of her neck as what she was discovering. If these were the divines who gave her this power she'd wished she'd be able to spare words with them for giving her such an accursed gift. She remained silent for a moment and allowed the two to converse before whatever was to be done with her was decided.

@Amorella Mae @Kelik Corinthus

Kelik Corinthus

K
Kelik had quickly dropped to his hands an knees before the Aesir. He had forgotten his place in comparison to hers fairly quickly. "I apologize, Aesir. The stresses of war are coming upon me and it has caused me to forget my place. Please grant me forgiveness." he pleaded, keeping his gaze away from her godliness.

@[member="Amorella Mae"]

Nodding a little, Akon turned toward the dark hall for a second, before turning back to the other. "Thanks", was his simple reply, and he turned once more to walk over to the place of Erebos, his chosen god. As he got closer and closer, he could feel his own despair and pain amplified, and had to fight to keep his abilities under control. This place he was entering was truly one of chaos, like the man had said. He would fit very nicely as a follower of the lord of darkness and chaos. If he didn't go insane from the amplified emotions flowing through him first.

The Reviver gave a silent nod to Kelik and spoke no more on the matter.

Shortly, her eyes resettled upon Salina and that somber smile returned, "Salina Aviner, what of these fates has brought you to us?" There was power in this woman before her, but to what extent and what color remained to be seen.

OOC - Short post for now, have to go clean snow and ice off my car then get to work. I'll be on again later tonight.

Salina Aviner

Salina turned back to Inari and said "Those that would seem me find a new calling in the grand design of the galaxy. They have granted me sight beyond that of most, yet blind me to the world around me. I am a seer and a healer, who does not see the force, or whatever great powers of the universe, as either good or evil. It is only in how the wielder of the power uses it that it becomes natural." As much as she was starting to doubt these gods she still had a feeling thee could be something to learn from them. Who knew how far her powers could develop among those who were considered divine.

@Amorella Mae

All love Inari as Inari loves all...

With each passing week amongst the Moross Crusade, Cameron believed that which he'd heard whispered amongst the Priests and Priestesses more and more. Though the Sith Lord was definitively not a follower of Inari, he was seen in her company more than nearly anywhere else. Yes, he certainly spent time in the Hall of Aatrox with those of like belief, but he could not really identify with most of them. The vast majority of Aatrox's followers had a talent for subterfuge, yes, but they were all locked into the deep beliefs of the Book of Moross. This made them useful, but it also meant Cameron had to maintain the facade of dedicated belief as well. His...abilities...tended to give the other followers the impression that he, Cameron, had been blessed by Aatrox. It was all the same to the Sith Lord.

At the moment, however, Cameron was right where he normally was when Aesir Inari received the Crusaders of Moross. Cameron was in no way, officially, in charge of her guard contingent of white-robed zealots. Those individuals had more than enough skill to keep Amore safe even though she was far from helpless. However, he did look upon her favorably, almost like a daughter in certain respects. That very thought briefly forced the Sith Lord's mind to drift to that of his actual daughter, pursuing her own goals within the Sith Empire. His thoughts returned to the presence the moment he sensed the arrival of a handful of new visitors. Cold, silver-green eyes gazed at them intently from beneath the veil of darkness provided by the hood of his dark blue and grey robes. Though no real darkness existed in the chambers of Aesir Inari, Cameron typically went unnoticed or otherwise ignored. The blatant display of the Deceiver's colors in the halls of Inari sometimes prompted visitors to guard their words and thoughts - lest the servant of Aatrox reveal such things to the God himself. Cameron, typically, was quick to convey the truth he would have others believe. There was no hiding such things from the Aesir that ruled the shadows.

The present meeting continued to proceed as most did until the woman, clearly a pilgrim, seemed to be the epicenter of a ripple in the Force. Honing his gaze in on the back of the woman's head, Cameron watching the individual with...curiosity. Allowing her words to rattle through the cogs of his brain, Cameron remained silent and motionless as he briefly flicked his gaze in Amorella's direction before returning it to the two individuals that arrived to visit the Aesir.

@[member="Amorella Mae"] | @[member="Salina Aviner"] | @[member="Kelik Corinthus"]

Blue gaze easy upon Salina from behind her silver mask, Inari fell silent for a time. The Reviver considered the woman and her predicament here. A Seer? That was a rare gift indeed. Futures? Histories? Varied divergences of the present? It was difficult enough to live in the present, she could hardly imagine Salina's tribulations of dealing with all realms of time. Inari had never known a Seer though she had heard of them standing on the Jedi Council before. There were those who warned against them and the allure of their powers and the prospect of knowing.

Inari believed these warnings to be based on truths. Truth was often a difficult pill to swallow. Her eyes, briefly, glanced to Cameron sitting towards the back. His dark figure shadowed her many places. He took stock in truths as well and she found herself curious to learn what his thoughts were regarding these things.

"Purpose is an elusive thing for many," Inari said finally, lips parting and upturning in an expression of understanding, "but the nature of things is easier to find if one has the proper guidance. You are welcome here amongst us, Salina Aviner, and your powers of Sight and Healing. Rare gifts bestowed upon you. Ones that will require direction - I will help you with this."

How the hall had fallen anymore silent one could not say, but the announcement of the Aesir's willingness to tutor a pilgrim would no doubt shock her followers.

@[member="Cameron Centurion"]
@[member="Akon Devoda"]

Salina Aviner

Salina's heart jumped a little at Inari's announcement to teach her. Next thing she knew the entire room had grown as silent as the grave. Obviously this wasn't a common thing for her, or possibly any of the gods, to do. Seeing that it was so great a thing, Salina dropped to one knee, putting her amphistaff in front of her and lying it down.

"Aesir Inari.....you humble me." she said. "It...it would be foolish to decline such an offer. Therefore I humbly accept. I will be your student."

@Amorella Mae @Kelik Corinthus @Cameron Centurion @Akon Devoda

Smiling, Inari nodded to the woman and drew her hands back into their sleeves, a reflexive sort of action she'd acquired with the wardrobe.

"Arise Crusader Salina, and know that your purpose is within grasp. For now you may make your home here upon Exocron. ...Crusader @[member="Kelik Corinthus"] knows this planet well. He can share this knowledge with you and help you with this transition. For today, that will be all. Namasté."

The honoring echoed back to the Aesir from the mouths of those present in a chorus of low, deferring voices. Inari turned and made a fluid exit of the hall through a back doorway, the White Guard falling in formation behind her.

@[member="Salina Aviner"] @[member="Cameron Centurion"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom