Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Path of the Divines (Moross Crusade)

Salina Aviner

Seeing is believing, but one must see first.
Arising after receiving her new title, Salina smiled a little at the idea of being considered "Crusader". She turned back towards the one called @[member="Kelik Corinthus"] and asked "I.....I'm actually a crusader now? I'd heard about them in the texts I was given but I didn't think....." she looked back to make sure Inari wasn't still there before looking back towards Kelik, her eyes staring off. "....what happens now?"

Cameron caught Amore's gaze briefly before turning away to maintain an eye on those that actually bore watching. What surprised him, however, was the seemingly rapid shift in the pilgrim's body language and general demeanor when Amore offered to train her. The deafening silence in the room went mostly unnoticed by Cameron, he was used to silence, quiet. In fact, he routinely shut out the noises offered by his surroundings. The noises that provided him with little more than an unnecessary distraction.

The Sith Lord's readiness past mostly without need as Amorella declared the proceedings for the day closed before retreating out a rear exit with the remainder of her Guard. The moment Cameron had seen the Aesir begin to make her retreat, he too slipped out the main entrance and into the hall with little more than the light rustle of fabric. By the time the entirety of the Aesir's Guard had followed her out of the chamber, Cameron was well down the main corridor. There were ways to the private quarters of Inari without exiting directly from her Hall, of course, but they were not many, known by few, and certainly watched by many. Silence was all that remained in the wake of the Sith Lord as he swiftly made his way towards Inari's personal quarters. He had a...suspicion that the woman would solicit his opinion on her chosen disciple.

Certainly she'd receive said opinion solicited or not.

@[member="Salina Aviner"] | @[member="Amorella Mae"]

As Akon walked his first few steps into the Hall of Erebos a figure appeared behind him. It was one dressed in tight robes, flowing neatly with black and orange inlay. The figure made no noise as he appeared, no rustling of cloths, no sound of footsteps, nothing. It was as if he had appeared from nothing.

Of course the figure was one of the gods, though not the god of this hall. No this hall belonged to Erebos, the devourer. The god that would consume all things in the end, the blackness within the void, the bringer of chaos, and sower of seeds of destruction. Erebos was perhaps the most powerful of the Ten Divines, though his great hall within the Temple did not reflect this power. Instead of the ornate decorations, statues, and banners that hung in the other halls Erebos' own was completely black.
The hall itself had nothing and no one inside. The walls were made of a pure black onyx material, light seemed to face and bounce from the stone itself. As soon as one entered the hall seemed to become darker, the light from the end of the tunnel fading only a few steps into it. Sound itself seemed to die within the hall, footsteps being completely erased and a voice carrying only a foot or two beyond its origin.

The hall of Erebos was darkness, it was nothing, it was the void where the god himself had come from, and at the end of it sat his maw. A huge gaping mouth threatening to devour all things, this was Erebos.

“I have always found the effects of this place intriguing.” Soliaels voice broke the silence finally, though even his commanding presence spread only a tiny bit around him within this place of darkness.
@[member="Akon Devoda"]

Inari reached her Solar where she took a seat at the table and loosed a heavy sigh. She was alone now and in the trusted company of herself, to which she removed her mask and gently set it to the side. Spread before her was a tabletop holoprojection map of their small system boardering the Protectorate's finger along the Hydian Way Trade Route. There, at the very end of it, sat Kal'Shebbol. That little gem of a planet.

She tapped a finger at it, head curling to one side as she watched it spinning listlessly around its star.

"How do you do it mother..." the woman uttered to herself, looking up at the sharp rapping on her door.

"Bright one, Crusader Centurion has asked for a moment of your time."

"Thank you, you may send him in," came her soft reply.

@[member="Cameron Centurion"]

Merely noticing the man, Akon nodded. Had he known he was a god, he would've probably acted like it, however, he was too engrossed in the feeling of the hall of Erebos. "It is actually kinda soothing. For once, I feel absolute calmness. This place understands me more than anywhere I've ever been. It's also nice and quiet. Easier for me to think." He tuned around, and figuring the other was simply a crusader, he reached forth his hand. "I'm Akon, newest follower o the big guy in black."

@[member="Soliael Devin Talith"]

“I have always wondered why you mortals chose to follow Erebos.” Soliael spoke, his mask looking downward toward the man and completely ignoring his outstretched hand. The God was not interested in shaking hands, nor was he interested in meeting anyone really. He was here to muse upon his own thoughts and feelings, if the man wanted to stay and listen to a babbling god then that was his own decision, though of course it did not make for great conversation.

“We all have something to offer, all of us.” Soliael said as he began to walk down the black hallway, his footsteps not even making the squeak of a mouse. “Thral offer's life. Kalee offers strength in battle and and war, my sister offers health and love. Even I...even I offer knowledge to those who follow me.”

His words were cryptic, but to the point. “We all offer something.”

“All of us except for him.” Soliael came to a halt before the massive maw of Erebos, the thing that would consume them all. “He wants for nothing. He gives nothing. He will devour it all. Even you.”

Arriving in the corridor of Aesir Inari's Solar, Cameron was immediately spotted by a member of her White Guard. The man, like most of them, recognized Cameron. However, that was just a matter of familiarity. Stopping near the man, Cameron plainly stated. "I would like to speak with the Aesir." No response was replied, but the man quietly informed Inari of Cameron's request. When Amorella acquiesced to the audience, the guard stepped aside and permitted Cameron entrance.

Once inside the Solar, Cameron quietly waited for the door to shut completely behind him, his resting softly on Amorella. "So the Reviver chooses a student. No - a disciple in the eyes of the greater organization." Casually, Cameron reached up and pulled back the hood of his dark blue and grey cloak which matched the light uniform beneath. "Do you believe you have chosen well?" There was no accusation in the Sith Lord's words, merely casual observation. Amorella was a mortal being - a talented one yes, but simply another sentient as he was. In the eyes of the Crusade, however, she was Inari the Reviver reborn in a mere mortal shell. To take on an apprentice was to inherently give status to said apprentice in the eyes of other Crusaders.

Fortunately, the Aesir could feel rather comfortable in the fact that there were precious few that might yet care to form any opinion of her decision other than a positive one.

@[member="Amorella Mae"]

Kelik Corinthus

K
Kelik looked to Salina and smiled warmly. "Have you accepted an Aesir as your deity, m'lady?" he asked of Salina. "First, you choose one Aesir of the Pantheon then your next step is defined." he stated, slowly standing up.

@[member="Salina Aviner"]

Salina Aviner

Seeing is believing, but one must see first.
Hearing @Kelik Corinthus as, Salina could only really answer with "I would suppose Inari is. I mean....she did just accept me as a student, or disciple, or whatever you may call it." Then came the arrival of the one called "Neth". Salina could see the aura of this one was as powerful as Iniari's making her realize another god had entered. She took a step back and bowed when he came close, allowing for Corinthus to speak with him first before he would ask her anything. @Soliael Devin Talith

Realizing the man wouldn't shake his hand, Akon shrugged and retracted it. Letting him talk, he simply walked with him along the hall. Then it struck him. "Wait, so you must be the living version of Neth. I've heard about you. Looking around, he nodded at what else the god had said. He made sense, but Akon still wouldn't stray from his chosen path. "Aatrox doesn't offer much. Erebos gives me something I've needed, and now I realize it more than ever. He gives me a way t channel my pain, an outlet. His power understands mine. Only certain people can grasp the concept, he fully appreciates it." Looking into the maw, his eyes looked like they had just been fully opened to his potential.

@[member="Soliael Devin Talith"]

Soliael gave a slight chuckle at the mans words. A true believer. There were thousands of them, even billions perhaps, but it always gave him great joy in seeing such things, even when they were not his own followers. It tickled him slightly to see such things, mostly because of the Origins of the Temple, of Moross, of everything upon Exocron. He looked down at the man who spoke, his mask black and his orange eyes almost glowing within the darkness of Erebos' hall.

“How did you come to Moross?” It was a simple question, after all even the god of knowledge did not know everything.

Pilgrims were an interesting thing, and Soliael was always interested in hearing their story.

Looking up from the image of Kal'Shebbol, Amore cast a wondering glance to her companion of many conversations. Always such an entrance for him, he reminded her very much of many people. Powerful people. People who perhaps had earned a right to their dramatics, even if it was tactful. It wasn't something she was good at or had any pension for, so she appreciated it in all its artful forms.

"I believe," the woman began with a soft tone, peering downwards in thought momentarily before looking back to him again, head canting to one side, "that time will tell."

Perhaps she had made a hasty decision. Perhaps she should have made it in private. In the end Amore knew that having Salina on her heel day by day would draw attention, and sooner or later the truth would come out. Inari was not a keeper nor a purveyor of secrets. Hers was a kind truth, a gentle unveiling of how the galaxy really was. Even if she was only discovering it now for herself. To her, the powers of a Seer were quite precious, and in the wrong hands that woman could have made a deadly foe. Here, as her disciple, Inari would shape her to the benefit of Moross while also helping the woman discover her own true path. That was her plan and that was her word.

If nothing else, Amore was good to her word.

"What do you believe?" she asked gently, folding her hands in her lap. By now she needn't offer the man a seat, she'd entertained him here enough that he knew to make himself comfortable.

@[member="Cameron Centurion"]

And Amore knew Cameron well enough to know that any offered seat would be, ultimately, rejected. The Sith Lord was already well aware that he was...different in her presence; a great deal more casual. His respect for her and what she was attempting to accomplish never wavered, but she had a disarmed air about her personality which sometimes left him feeling almost...weak. Cameron Centurion did not like that sensation no matter the form.

However, as usual, the young Aesir had a point in the few words she spoke. "I believe that danger exists in everything. I also believe that any element of danger is only truly as dangerous as one permits. I trust in your ability to do what is right for you and yours more often than not." For a moment, Cameron considered something as a thin smile touched his features. "As for the other times...well that's why you are not alone." The Sith Lord realized that his response was...safe. It had answered Amore's question without giving any real insight as to his opinion on the matter. It was the type of response he typically offered those he was merely using. Cameron did not count Amore amongst that population, so he provided her a more genuine response. "I do not trust easily and there is little I know about this woman. I will have to discover...more information before I can truly say I am comfortable with the arrangement. In the interim...I'll be watching."

Cameron's smile returned upon an immediate realization. "You know what I mean." There it was...the slip in his otherwise cold, calculating demeanor that happened more and more around Amore. Total elapsed time...three minutes.

@[member="Amorella Mae"]

She regarded him quietly, thoughtfully, and when he finished the standing Heiress to the Kuatian throne nodded. Introspective for the brief moment of time that he paused, his final words grew a broader smile on her face, one of faint amusement. The Aesir gave a low chuckle that was not mocking, but simply something raw as she was all-too-aware of her own shortcomings and her growing appreciation for the man.

"I know you will. Thank you," Amore had come to accept his watchful gaze just as she had come to accept that he would never take a seat in her presence. In a way it was comforting to know it was there, consistent and committed, even if its intentions were as clear as clouds.

Cameron's smile lingered as he offered Amorella a subtle nod of the head. "It is my pleasure. Now then, while we're on the subject of...pilgrims." They weren't really on the subject, but it was close enough. "I feel I should tell you that I met an acquaintance from my past not long ago. I'd not seen her or heard anything about her in several centuries. She may yet be making the journey to Exocron before long."

Reaching into his pocket, the Sith Lord produced a datapad and took a couple steps forward to hand it to Amore. On the datapad was all the information he'd ever had on one Crystal Carter. The repository was...extensive. "A Sith, a princess, and of extremely less importance my ex-wife. I do not imagine she will be a problem. I have told her little about the Crusade." Pausing for yet another moment, the Sith Lord considered something. "You needn't be concerned." Yet...it was still prudent that she be advised. The last thing Cameron wished to do was create a situation whereby those that could not be...trusted found their way to this corner of the galaxy prematurely. His responsibility and promise to Amorella were not ones he would soon forget.

Amore took the datapad with interest and gave it an earnest look-over. She would have to take some time to read it through, but the important information was all there for her to see.

"Princess of Procopia... that's between Protectorate and Galactic Empire territory," and, historically, once within the Republic. But the galactic map was ever-changing. Spheres of influence grew and shrank, and out here in wild space it wasn't easy to come by reliable accounts. She would have to speak with the Queen of Kuat to know better. Nevertheless, if this Crystal Carter chose to join them here, she'd have a long ride to take, and from current reports - a bumpy ride. War was breaking loose across the territories which drove the numbers of pilgrims up.

The peace of Moross was no longer a myth, but an attainable thing for the average citizen now that word had spread.

If nothing else, perhaps they could bond on their mutual royal statures. A solidarity of Princesses flitting across the stars on some holy quest. These were the things of holo-films.

Sighing as she turned the datapad off and made a mental note to pass on this information to Soliael when she was finished. Amore returned her gaze to Cameron, ponderous on this news of his, "You have many contacts. Do you have any within the Protectorate?"

Amorella's recollection of the location of Procopia was, of course, accurate. The Sith Lord was not privy to the Aesir's internal thoughts, but he suspected that he had a better-than-average idea of where they were headed. For the time being, the Sith Lord permitted Amorella her contemplation unobstructed by his words. The question she did eventually ask...he had not quite expected. "I have a few here and there, yes. However, they do not extend to anyone operating within the Protectorate thus far." Pausing for a moment, Cameron searched his memory for any types that might have found their way there. "At least, not at the present time. I suppose I could always...make some new acquaintances."

The Sith Lord resisted the urge to smirk. There wasn't really any mischief in his statement, but he knew the types that tended to pay some level of loyalty to the Protectorate were often best reached through the galaxy's many vices.

Amore briefly explained to Cameron their predicament with Kal'Shebbol and the necessity behind acquiring it. Inari had pondered a peaceful approach - their relationship with the Protectorate had been nothing but neutral. Neither party had any reason to raise arms against the other, so peace was something they wished to maintain and something they wished to nurture. It would be foolish for Moross to think they could take on such a huge galactic entity.

But to enter into negotiations would require knowing more about them. Amore needed intel so she could figure what strings to pull, what pieces of cake to offer. A planet was a big thing and this was one they'd not likely give up for crumbs.

Cameron listened quietly throughout Amore's explanation. When she was finished, the Sith Lord merely offered another gentle nod of the head to indicate his understanding. Cameron knew precious little about the Protectorate, and it was a very unfortunate admission to have to make. However, he was do for a little extended journey away from Moross space anyways. Perhaps after dropping off his vessel at KDY and supervising the initiation of repairs and upgrades, he could make a venture to Corellia. No doubt an ideal location to...run into people.

Clasping his hands behind his back, the Sith Lord casually asked Amore if there was anything else she wished to discuss.

Amore could not help but smile soundly to herself, "There are lots of things I would love to discuss. The approach and technique of Corellian Expressionist artists in the late Republic era, the inherent navigational skills of the junta fish on Mon Calamari, the effects of the tilil root on the brain after smoking it and whether or not it should be considered an illegal activity..." there again came a chuckle that grew into an airy laugh as she looked back at him, unable to not bear a bit of the young girl that still survived, healthy and keen, beneath the surface of the woman that she was.

"But nothing of vital importance for the moment."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom