Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Katrine had cast a spell? That was news to Scherezade, who just froze. So Katrine had cast a spell to remove her emotions about Scherezade and that was fine, but anything Scherezade did was not fine. There had been three people involved in that entire mess, but somehow, Scherezade was the only one that was paying the true price. Katrine had cast a spell to not feel it. Was that after or before she'd spoken to Josh? Katrine didn't just not care – she wanted not to care, but whereas Scherezade was judged for everything, Katrine got another free pass.

Was Scherezade jealous of Katrine? Yes. Immensely. It was unfair. It was unfair that everything she did got forgiven by someone else, but every tiny thing Scherezade did wasn't cared for, didn't matter, didn't count. Gerwald would protect Katrine after she cast a spell to be numb about it but he had no qualms yelling and guilting Scherezade over things. Why?!

That I would rather be with the person that broke her heart even deeper than I did by being dishonest... He had said. "Then why?!" she asked, the tears forming in her eyes, "Why is it okay to you that I have to go through that? Why do others get passes, second and third and fourth chances, when I get nothing?

What have I done that is so terribly wrong that I could not be the choice? You've said you love me, you've said you care for me. How was I supposed to guess it was a temporary problem after the conversation we had on Geonosis?"

She could not hold the tears back as he looked at Gerwad's leaving form.

Gerwald and Katrine were going to build whatever future they had on the ashes of Scherezade's heart. And she knew that if she'd mention that, he would say the same would happen if he left Katrine for her. And yet somehow, the former was acceptable, the latter was not. And while Gerwald claimed that he was carrying it… How could he claim that when he got the love of…

Wait.

He hadn't actually said he loved her, at any point during their conversation. Every time he mentioned it, it was about not breaking Katrine. That was the ruling thought. Other Lupines, sure, but there were more, and Scherezade would never expect him to not have Katrine in his life, despite everything, despite wanting it not to, she would not stand in that way.

And Katrine had cast a spell to feel numb over Scherezade reacting to her betrayal, so why couldn't Katrine perform an identical one over Gerwald leaving her?

Scherezade shook her head. Those were childish thoughts, she knew. But even if it reminded Gerwald when he was here or when he saw Madalena, his life, Katrine's life, neither were affected by it. Not truly. Neither of them got to claim the high ground for moving on. Not after all that had happened and how it had happened.

Everything inside of her wanted to just run to him. To do the Sith thing, as he'd said earlier, and take what she wanted. And what she wanted to just run to him, to throw her arms around his shoulders, to wrap her legs around his middle, and kiss him. Wasn't true love's kiss supposed to solve everything?

But if she did… That would be stopping him. Stopping him from going to Josh, stopping him from trying to get her out of there. Neither she nor Gerwald knew that by the time Gerwald would find Josh, the motion to bring her back would already be close to peaking. As things were, for all she knew, she could be stuck between the dimensions for centuries to come.

Which meant that once again, even though she did not want to, Scherzade was having to let Gerwald go.

And even though this time it was so that he could get her out of there, it was still not fair that she was the one to carry the burden.

"Please," she whispered as his form began to evaporate, "please… Just love me the way I love you."

And as the last words escaped her lips, the tiny black dot that had been in the sky that entire time began to swell and grow, and make its way back towards her.

[member="Gerwald Lechner"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom