Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Palisade Class Minelayer Corvette

Status
Not open for further replies.
KushanMinelayerCorvetteRM.png

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
Intent
: Sub a ship.
Image Source: Here.
Canon Link: N/A
Permissions: Permission for subs made by Laira Darkhold's writer here and here.
Primary Source: N/A

PRODUCTION INFORMATION
Manufacturer
: Firemane Industries.
Affiliation: Firemane Industries
Model: FM-CV006
Production: Limited
Material: Durasteel, Turadium, Trimantium, Isotope-5, Transparisteel, electronics, standard starship components.

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
Classification
: Minelayer Corvette
Length: 150 metres
Width: 125 metres
Height: 50 metres
Armament: Average

Defenses: Very High
Hangar Space: Average: 0
Hangar Allocations:

• Starfighters: 0 squadrons
  • Support Craft: 0 squadrons
Maneuverability Rating: Low
Speed Rating: High.
Hyperdrive: Yes.
Hyperdrive Class: 0.375 (Primary) | 8.0 (Secondary)

STANDARD FEATURES

• All standard features. The Palisade comes fully equipped with the whole standard array of shields, systems and components that are normally associated with vessels of this size and class.
ADVANCED SYSTEMS
STRENGTHS
  • The Palisade is a support ship focused on minelaying. Fast, well-armoured and equipped with its own munition manufacturing systems, it can slip in, seed a large area with varying types of space mines, and then get out.
  • Passive Long Range Stealth: Energy Dampeners, Static Dampeners, and Emission dampeners allow the minelayer to fly under stealth conditions and hide from most sensors at long range. In order to do this it cannot boost its engines, fire weaponry, or have active shields.
  • A signature modulator can allow it to disguise itself as another ship.
  • Fast hyperdrive.
WEAKNESSES
  • The corvette lacks attack or support craft.
  • The stealth is minor. The ship must power down weapons and shields, and cannot boost engines in order to evade enemy sensors at long range. The system is ineffective at normal ranges. It also does not visibly cloak, which makes it inferior to a proper cloaking device.
  • The Palisade has a lot of explosive ordnance on board. Needless to say this is also a risk. Its shields and armour are tough for a corvette, but a lot of damage could cause a chain reaction and trigger the ordnance. This would be bad for the people on board.
  • Poor manoeuvrability.
DESCRIPTION

Explosions are fun and cool to look at. At least when one is not the victim. The Palisade has been designed as a dedicated minelayer corvette. This makes it a useful support ship for both defence and offence. Thus the design focused on speed and defence. This enables it to get to its target area, deploy its explosive payload and get out. It has been equipped with the necessary facilities to manufacture its own munitions and explosives. The job of the Palisade is to set up battlefield defences, undermine enemy supply line sand prepare the battlefield, not drop mines in the middle of a battle. Moreover, the corvette features a passive stealth suite. This provides a degree of concealment from sensors, but the suite is not on the same level as a Stygium or Hibridium cloaking device.

However, the ship also lacks hangar capacity, which means it has no attack craft to support it if it is detected. Moreover, it lacks heavy capital armaments. It cannot stand up to larger ships in a fight. In such a situation the only viable approach is to conduct a quick strategic retreat. The Palisade's shields are powerful, but the large amount of explosive ordnance also poses a risk. Severe damage can trigger a chain reaction, turning the Corvette's own payload against it. This can making serving on a Palisade a rather dangerous posting. Each Palisade is able to function with a fairly small crew. A lot of the internal space is dedicated to carrying mines as well as producing new munitions.

The Palisade has a powerful communications' suite, enabling it to encrypt and transmit messages over vast distances. This is particularly pertinent when it is deployed into hostile territory or to say mine an enemy supply line. Due to its stealth systems and other features, the Palisade has a limited production run, but Firemane does not field enormous war fleets, so it can distribute the Palisade along several task forces.

Last edited:
This submission was going very well till it skirts very close to the stealth technologies issue. I am going to have to put my newspaper on this one.

Everything is balanced except these stealth add ons which would force this submission into Semi-Unique territory. The thing that crossed the line was the Holographic Shell which is close enough with all these others to push it to the Semi-Unique so I will give a choice.

Either you remove the Holographic Shell for this lovely mine layer with dangerous seismic charge mines...or change it to Semi-Unique production.

Let me know what you end up doing through edits and notify when changes are made. I am sorry again but rules are rules.
Siobhan Kerrigan Siobhan Kerrigan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom