Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pain is Power

Darth Imperia

D
The Acolyte - for that was what she went by, these days - was never very good with pain. It wasn't so much that she felt pain that was the problem - discomfort, after all, could be used to empower oneself in the Force, and the Sithling was never one to limit herself.

The only catch, of course, was that one needed to be able to focus that pain, to control it, instead of letting it control the Sith - which was the Apprentice's problem. In her life before her apprenticeship to Darth Vitium, the young woman had rarely been exposed to much in the way of discomfort or pain, and so had not learned how to properly channel it like she could rage, or envy, or fear. It was a weakness of hers, and if there was one thing that she truly detested, it was weakness, her own especially.

Which led to the...interesting scenario that the Sithling found herself in.

Sat cross legged in the middle of a Felucian Jungle (a bit of risk was essential to training a successful Sith), the young Acolyte had a seemingly simple task - lift the small Durasteel ball before her into the air, and keep it there for four minutes. Whilst she had only the most basic grasp of telekinesis, even she could manage something as rudimentary as that - under normal circumstances. These were not, however, normal circumstances. The Sithling was, save for a few bandages wrapped about her breasts to preserve her modesty, completely topless - and covered in cuts on her arms and torso. Six small cuts on each arm, and six long, shallow slices across her stomach. It was a self imposed torture, but one she took quite seriously - she would sit there and focus until she completed her task.

It had been three hours, and she'd managed 30 seconds at most. Disheartening, to say the least - but she would eventually prevail.

Unless, of course, one of the various natives of the planet (or even a Silver Jedi, as distressing as that thought was) saw fit to interrupt her.

[member="Ryn'Dhal"]

Hood down, mostly to protect ones ears from falling droplets from the canopy over head, also helped to obscure the wanderers inhuman features. No particular reason found the recently promoted Master out in the jungle of Felucia. Just some personal physical training. Rations, water canteen, purifying tablets, and little else beyond his lightsabers clipped at the small of his back, is how the Jedi found himself this day.

His Presence was restrained, compressed as if akin to a small tree nut, easily overlooked among the flora and fauna of the jungle. As such, he was largely blind to those actively using the Force in the vicinity.

It was in this manner, by naught but chance, he sprung over a fallen tree, perching lightly on it to sit for a snack, in clear view of someone training. In his presently oblivious state, he broke into a rich tenor, singing a song about adventure, a violent clash, and saving the girl just to watch her leave, as he fished in his satchel for a meal-bar.

Acquiring his desired prize, he pulled his hood back, ears swiveling into view, as he struck an awkward pose upon spotting the woman. Ears cocked at odd angles, and a meal bar held between his teeth. That long, prehensile two swished behind him, as he raised his free hand in an embarrassed greeting.

"Ummm... 'allo." was all he could muster, eyes glancing up to the durasteel sphere, and focused there, intent to not focus on the largely bare female seated in this particular clearing.

Awkward is definitely a fitting word.

[member="Mala Arar"]​

Darth Imperia

D
Truth be told, [member="Ryn'Dhal"] likely heard the Acolyte's recitation of her Code before he caught sight of her.

"Peace is a Lie. There is only Passion," recited the Acolyte, gritting her teeth through the pain - a breeze had picked up, and various specks of dirt and pollen and the like were being thrown into her wounds. Frustration, suffering, anger at herself; they swelled inside the Sithling as she continued her incantation.

"Through Passion, I gain Strength." Her pain was not a weakness, and she had to remember that. Like Rage and Fear and Hate, it was a tool - nothing more, nothing less. The Durasteel ball in front of the Apprentice began to float, slowly rising to head height.

"Through Strength, I gain Power." And like any tool, it was a means to an end. An instrument with which she could exert her will upon the world. The quivering and wavering of the ball steadied, slowly but surely.

"Through Power, I gain Victory." The Acolyte's eyes flashed the trademark yellow of the Dark Side, and the orb stopped, becoming the perfect image of stillness. The Sithling allowed herself a moment of smug satisfaction, before taking a deep breath and continuing on.

"Through Victory, my Chains are Broken..." The Dirt and grit collected in the Apprentice's wounds still agitated her - there was no doubt about that. But she had, for that brief moment, achieved a state of dark, shadowy Enlightenment.

"The Force shall Free me." A sort of Sith-y Nirvana - a state not of perfect relaxation and peace, but one of perfect struggle and conflict. And she remained in that state, metal orb hovering before her eyes, for exactly 3 minutes and 54 seconds.

"Um...'Allo."

The Acolyte's attention wavered - for a split second. But it was long enough for her to lose her grasp on the orb, long enough for her to lose the state of mind she had worked hours to achieve. That small, round scrap of metal, the source of so much frustration, fell to the ground, landing in the same spot it had so many times before. She didn't move. She didn't open her eyes. When the apprentice spoke, she spoke in a cold, carefully measured tone - one designed to imply neither friendliness nor hostility, lacking in emotion altogether.

"I sincerely hope that you have a good reason to interrupt me, Felucian."

"No, none really, just... didn't mean to peep...." a smooth, soothing voice replied, before fishing out an extra meal-bar. "Apology via food?" he would offer.

Shifting to sit properly upon the felled tree, a gloved hand swept up to draw the hood of his cloak away from his feline visage. "Also, gotta correct that assumption of race. Not a native I'm afraid. Name's Ryn. Ryn'Dhal. And I humbly beg your forgiveness for intruding upon your training." the wrapped meal-bar was still extended, and if she indicated any acceptance of the food, it would be gently tossed to either land in her lap, or at worst, just before her knees.

Tearing into his own bar he missed quietly, ears pivoting continuously, each one seemingly independent of the other. Occasionally, both would snap in the same direction, his head and eyes following, spotting a bird seeing up it's nest, high in that tree, or some form of rodent foraging under the bush over there.

He seemed to be genuinely enjoying this, watching the wildlife, while munching away. This would continue, until the woman spoke to him again, or until his meal was finished.

[member="Mala Arar"]​

Darth Imperia

D
"I am an Acolyte of the Sith," was the young Sithling's response to [member="Ryn'Dhal"]'s oddly friendly introduction; normally she'd be more careful with giving away her allegiances, but the man likely heard her anyway. The barest hint of amusement crept into her voice as she spoke. "And the only apology necessary was the latter one. My midriff is hardly scandalous, I would think. Especially," She gestured to the lightly bleeding wounds adorning her body, "given my current state." She let out a frustrated sigh, and opened her eyes, looking around for the source of the soothing voice.

And suddenly, she wished she hadn't. For it wasn't the felinoid features of her companion that caught her attention - rather, it was the multitude of lightsabers he carried around. Far too friendly to be a Sith, and considering the territory she was in...

Her first direct encounter with a Jedi. The Acolyte expected more blood, to be honest. Most of it hers.

"And yes, I would like food. Not for myself, but Loxley deserves a treat." Her voice was still cool and collected, not a hint of her rising fear creeping into her words.

Ears lowered oddly, perplexed at her sudden, subtle show off.... pensiveness? No.... Fear.... The Jedi didn't need the Force to sense it, given his knack for reading facial and body languages.

But.... why was she afraid? His gaze lowered, before taking note of his twin saber hilts peeking just barely into view beneath his cloak, from their home at the small of his back. A soft sigh, and a shake of his head, as he tossed a pair of meal-bars to the girl. "I could ask you to not worry, but, I know not what your Master's have, or have not, taught you. I can only present myself, and see if you will wish amicable, or hostile, interactions."

He offered a gentle smile, his hands opened, gloved palms directed towards her, a peaceful gesture. "I seek no violence, if you don't either."

[member="Mala Arar"]​

Darth Imperia

D
"My Master has taught me nothing about the Jedi - I simply pay attention to galactic events. The Butcher of Korriban was one of yours." The Acolyte said the words without any hint of judgement or scorn, or even regret. She spoke about the bombardment of a populated area in the same way she would about stubbing her toe - she didn't know any of the dead, after all. "And the Silver Jedi in particular have a reputation for zealtroy that could have rivaled the One Sith." The young Sithling did speak of the One Sith with a hint of scorn - Blind Obedience was a trait to be valued in a Sith's minions, not the Sith themselves.

"But I also know that Jedi are not, as a rule, a deceptive lot - so I will believe that you mean me no harm. Nor did I come here seeking violence." With that, she took the meal-bars thrown down at her, and set them to her side - Loxley would like one of these. Then again, she liked to eat most things, now that the Apprentice thought on it. "I have no wish to die, and I do not doubt that that would be the end result of a conflict with you, today."

[member="Ryn'Dhal"]

"The 'Butcher' of Korriban.... she somehow acquired rank, or position, through means unknown to me, and made decisions ill-suited for one of such station. But she was no Jedi. That is the limit of my knowledge of this, so called 'Butcher'." he replied, frowning slightly.

Taking a bite of his meal-bar, the young Jedi contemplated for a few moments, before swallowing. "Zealotry is not quite fair to simply blanket a group blindly. Yes, I have encountered those with spirits that I could describe as nothing less than zealotrous, I would like to think I deviate considerably from that mold."

Finishing his bar, the felinoid drew a container of water, and drew heartily from it. A soft gasp of satisfaction, before nodding to the woman. "And as for death, should you have desired violence against me, killing is something I am quite loath to do. We all have some purpose in this universe, regardless of which side of the line we stand. It'd be a shame to squander another's potential. For what, pride?"

He would shrug, before gesturing her wounds. "While I understand pain is a tool, to an extent, of the Dark Side, I am compelled to ask if you would permit me to treat your wounds. At the very least, ensure you'll not acquire an infection...."

What an odd duck.... Mr. Jedi offering to help Miss. Sithling.

[member="Mala Arar"]​

Darth Imperia

D
The Acolyte nodded her head ever so slightly at her companion's correction. Information was valuable, no matter the source.

"My wounds will heal on their own, and the scars they leave will be a reminder of my triumph today. As for infection, I am quite capable of disinfecting wounds, given the proper medical supplies, and I have those in my ship." She could've said 'your concern is appreciated,' of course. But...it wasn't, really. And as dishonest as the Sithling was, it was pointless to lie when she didn't have anything to gain from it. "And you are correct - Pain is a tool, and one I am attempting to master. Power requires sacrifice. Even Jedi understand this. So why would I allow you to relieve me of it?"

The Apprentice then closed her eyes and raised the durasteel ball into the air once more. She put forth a valiant effort, but it was in vain - she couldn't replicate her previous success, not on such short notice.

"I am curious, Jedi - you see a Sith training on a planet within your territories. You know she will, one day, possibly, grow to oppose you. I understand your quaint opposition to spilling blood, but what I do not understand is this - why have you not done anything to hinder a future foe?"

[member="Ryn'Dhal"]

"What makes you think I haven't? Why must our differing ideologies instantly brand us enemies? Is that not ascribing to the same zealotry you seemed to condemn only minutes ago?" he inquired, as his tail flicked slightly in the direction of the durasteel ball. His own presence within the Force seeping out, not to full intensity, but enough to show he was of a significantly Lighter alignment than the girl.

With that subtle motion of his tail, an unseen tendril extended, grasping the durasteel orb, lazily lifting it aloft. "Only you can paint how I view you. If you wish to find an ally in one such as myself, only you are your only hurdle in acquiring me as such."

The sphere circled around the woman, before drifting to dance about himself, before settling to hover in the side between them. "I don't wish to make more enemies. Friends, or rather, allies, are a priceless commodity. Our ideologies separate us, but it is all down to individual choice as to whether we allow that to make enemies of each other over it."

The sphere lowered slowly to the ground, as the feline returned his gaze to the woman. "Call me what you will, but I've made allies across all lines. My dearest friends include a political figurehead, a sentient AI, and even a notorious Crimelord. I've survived incredible odds along side a Sith Lord. Not all lines are so clear, and the universe is not black-and-white."

[member="Mala Arar"]​

Darth Imperia

D
The Sithling didn't know quite how to respond to that.

Perhaps it was her rudimentary training as a Sith. Perhaps it was simply the unhealthily confrontational spirit she had been 'blessed' with from an early age. Regardless of the reason, she had a difficult time comprehending a relationship that wasn't based on hierarchy, on dominance and the struggle to achieve it. Jedi, she knew, adhered to a charmingly naive ideal of equality and unity amongst all sentient creatures. But surely that didn't apply equally to their ideological foes? It was one thing to refrain from violence - she herself preferred not to get her hands dirty, in most circumstances. But...no debate? No inevitably pointless lecture on why she must repent, and turn to the Light? It seemed so utterly strange that Ryn allowed the Sithling to simply...exist, unimpeded, and continue with what she was doing.

Still, there was no reason to let her compatriot know any of that. His apathy was an advantage, after all - as much as it would make more sense to her if the Jedi hassled her and preached at her, she had to admit that this was far more convenient.

"I suppose you have a point. It is, of course, preferably to have more allies than enemies. You must forgive me - after everything I'd heard of the Silver Jedi, it was simply a shock to encounter one so utterly reasonable."

[member="Ryn'Dhal"]

He felt some.... incredulousness.... directed at his ideology.... he then zeroed in on exactly where a majority of her misgivings may likely spawn from.

"Some choose to try to convince others of the flaws within their own walks with discourse, with their words. But one cannot simply argue someone into agreement, no?" he mused, head angling towards one shoulder. "That is not my method. My words are simple, flawed, and easily misconstrued... but my heart, which I attempt to display with my works, my actions.... I feel that may prove to hold greater value in.... I guess you could call it evangelizing?" he finished the thought with a laugh. A rich, soothing sound.

"If I were to ever sway you on the path you have so taken yourself upon, it would never be with my words. Only you can truly discern where your path still eventually take you. Your actions, your choices, your own." this damnable cat.... he was so at ease, so confident in his way, his choices, the path in this universe he's taking....

And every word he spoke reeked of truth and honesty, if the young woman so chose to sense his intentions. He'd lightly slip off of the tree, his feet making nearly no noise upon the ground, before dusting himself off slightly.

After offering a polite bow to the young Sithling, a warm smile returned to the felinoid's face. "It was a pleasure making your acquaintance, Miss....?" he paused, to see if she would supply her name.... after all, she already was given his... it'd be only fair.

[member="Mala Arar"]​

Darth Imperia

D
"I have no name. I am my Master's Apprentice, and nothing more, until I earn the right to a name," replied the Acolyte, her voice as casual about what she'd just said as if it was 'Hi! I'm Susan.'

In truth, the young woman simply wanted to leave. Although she wouldn't show it, the pure goodness that spilled from Ryn'Dhal was almost nauseating to her. Blood still dripped from her wounds, but it didn't seem to bother her much anymore. The Sithling, with a polite smile, extended her hand, offering it to Ryn'Dhal. "And it was a pleasure to meet you. You provided an interesting diversion in the form of our discussion, if nothing else, and I'm always appreciative of that."

Should he not keep her any longer, the young Sithling would quickly remove herself from Felucia, returning to wherever it was that her Mistress might need her.

[member="Ryn'Dhal"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom