Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Duel Padawan Fight Club

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

Oh.

Iris blinked. Let out a sigh.

Then hopped up to follow Corin out. She wasn't going to get the lecture this time.

<Welcome to Padawan Fight Club,>

“What?!” Jasper exclaimed when he heard this.

He nearly fell over when Kai spilled the news on what was going on. A fight club? Jasper was at a fight club? In retrospection, this made sense. It was a good explanation for what was going on, what with the punches and head butting and all. He turned to his peers in confusion, addressing them in a hushed tone.

“Did you guys know that?” he whispered.

nhY3GI4.gif

Her eyes widened a little at the reactions coming hot off of Silas and Kai, her frown deepening, and her brow pulling in towards the centre.

Oh, so she was right, this was more than just a little fisticuffs, more than just some besmirched honour... but nope, not her place to untangle that mess.

Nope.

She glanced at Jasper, "It is the first I've heard of it," she whispered back, "I thought I was coming to witness a honour duel."

Then, subtext: / 'What is that you've been eating?' /

rIIDkbi.png

Last edited:
Coruscant, The Works
Tags: Ichika Masudo Ichika Masudo

"It is the first I've heard of it," she whispered back, "I thought I was coming to witness an honour duel."

Jasper sighed with relief. At least he wasn’t the only one there who was confused. Partially. He still was unaware about any fighting until arriving on the rooftop, ironically to get away from commotion. Still, it was reassuring to hear this from Daisy. She had given him advice when he found out everything about his conception, so he held her word in pretty high regard.

'What is that you've been eating?'

Jasper cocked his head, glancing down at his meal.

“Oh,” he began in a hushed tone. “Just a sandwich. I-I was actually looking for a quiet place to eat.”

Just his luck that he’d land himself in the middle of… whatever was happening.

The reactions to her sudden appearance were to be expected — some of the spectators were quick to explain exactly what happened, and even thought it appropriate to comment on technique or make jokes about how terrible the fight was. Others were mostly just surprised, and only Silas seemed to be in shock, now that he understood the situation he was in. She had noticed the Padawans going for an escape as well, and especially Iris wasn't going to get out of this by walking away now.

If anything, she just made it worse for herself.

Ignoring the comments from the bystanders, Valery's focus shifted directly to Silas, who seemed to struggle to find words to explain what was going on.

"Oh, can you please shut u-" his aggressive shout was cut off when he saw the face of his master behind him. The sight of her made his face look like he had seen his doom "M-master?" stumbled the padawan, lifting his hand off the teen's throat to stagger to his feet.

"I-I.."

"Save your words and excuses for later, and step away from Kai," Valery said before she turned her head to the other boy, whose attitude she liked even less right now. Especially recently, Kai was almost exclusively associated with trouble — from the fight with Corin at the Temple to his appearance at Fal Gore's part of the debate, to this.

"Respect?" She shook her head with a sigh, "You're making a fool out of yourself doing this. I'm taking you both to the Halls of Healing and we'll talk there." Publicly scolding them too much wasn't going to help anything, and getting their adrenaline to go down a tad before addressing the situation would be a lot more beneficial.

"As for those watching today," Valery said as she glanced around. "Perhaps take some time to think about your decisions. You're teenagers, and I get some things are part of being young, but you're also Jedi, so start acting like one and hold yourself and each other to higher standards. If what happened here is acceptable to you, and these are the types of mindsets you want to stand together with in the war, then I fear for what is to come."

Her eyes shifted from one Padawan to another before finally shifting to Kai and Silas again, "Come on, let's go."

Everybody

ɴᴀɢᴀɪ ᴡᴀʀʀɪᴏʀ

jand_spacer.png

Jand felt the arrival of Master Noble was timely.

Given the state of combat on display, certainly it was her responsibility to engage with the two combatants, with advice and guidance, and then oversee improvement and development.

Or so the Nagai had thought.

The pale Padawan listened to the exchanges from those present, but particularly Master Noble. The manner in which she stood, her tone, and the words she started to say seemed to indicate that both Kai and Silas would be given undeniable advice to follow, delivered swiftly with the assuredness of a Jedi Master who was known for wielding a lightsaber with unflinching resolve and--

"What?" Jand furrowed his eyebrows, as he muttered to himself. "I do not understand."

Had the Sword of the Jedi, a sentient with extensive combat experience, just... condemned the Padawans from gaining their own experience?

Jand glanced to Iris, to Kara, perplexed at the sudden change in situation. The former had disappeared, seemingly over the building edge, while the latter was engaged in conversation about food. The Nagai peered up to see what Corin made of all--

"What."

--the supposed referee for the fight was gone, too.

What was happening?

Master Noble felt the Padawans were being immature, showing their youth, with the implication of poor decisions and equally poor future development. But Jand felt the opposite, he saw the outing as an opportunity for growth, a chance to learn from unorthodox methods, as not every combat in their collective futures would be in a clean and prepared Temple dojo. Any situation that could expand a warrior's breadth of experience and knowledge beyond comfort zones or established norms should have been supported and encouraged.

And unlike some Padawans, this group were not breaking laws, nor drawing others in - negatively or otherwise - through their actions.

Were Master Noble's thoughts and opinions on it just... erroneous?

Without another word, Jand turned and walked from the rooftop. He reached the building ladder, swung onto it, and climbed down out of sight. The Nagai had some thinking to do, some considerations that brought into question his decisions until this point, and whether his perceived understanding - and impression - of the Jedi Order, of one of it's prominent Masters, was wholly wrong...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom