Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pacifism and Politics (CSA - Dominion of the Deneba Hex)

Allies: CSA
Enemies: N/A
Objective: Obtain permits to construct an IMF power facility

"Of course Miss LaForte, we do background research on all potential candidates."

The Sullustan winked at her before reaching underneath the table to grab some papers, grunting as his small arms found it difficult to grasp them. Natalie awkwardly put her hand behind her head, scratching her head at the whole arrangement wondering why exactly she was meeting with a mid-.. dwarf.

"Mister..."

Her speech was abruptly cut off by him replying almost immediately.

"Just call me Jojo."

The grunting continued.

"Now where did I put those damn papers!"

Natalie looked for assistance in the two humans who didn't move an inch, looking very similar to robots than actual humans. Natalie peered over the desk, seeing her application for planning permission sitting right infront of Jojo.

"They're there..."

Sliding the documents slightly closer to him.

He looked up in surprise, grabbing the document with glee and looking back at the two humans to include them in the conversation, though yet they didn't budge.

"Ah yes... that was merely... a test! We want all of our city development appliers to be able to read and be perceptive after all."

Natalie's eyes rolled in to the back of her head sighing.

"I'll cut to the chase Jojo, I'm looking into expanding my company, the Intergalactic Monetary Fund into Deneba in a hope of expanding our energy production facilities. Currently, we have operations solely on Mygeeto, though we are looking to expand such facilities to other planets. I understand currently Deneba is at a lack of any facilities that match such a description, so I am more than happy to do this without applying for any grants, or whatever you would usually suggest. I'll also gladly subsidize the power at a 10% reduced cost rate should the government provide us with public land to do so."

Jojo looked back towards Natalie.

"Who said you could call me Jojo?"

Natalie grunted and stood up in frustration, her eyes glowed yellow slightly.

"Listen to what I am say-.."

The two humans took a step forward and spoke in unison.

"Repeated threats to government officials can result in an official citation and temporary detainment for questioning."

She sat back down in compliance, crossing her arms while rolling her eyes once more. Getting arrested was not on the menu tonight, she thought.

"Natalie, I'm willing to do you a deal. We have an abandoned research facility located roughly 50 miles from the city center, I'll provide you it for free, assuming you'll renovate and remove any hazardous materials along with subsidizing energy costs at a rate of 20%."

How was a man in Mandalorian armor, donning a bright red cape, drenched in the Dark Side of the Force, with Exar Kun's lightsaber clipped to his hip, able to blend into the background?

A riddle for the century, that was.

Darlyn sighed quietly, pulling his DL-18 blaster from its holster and aimlessly spinning the deadly weapon, entertaining himself with what was effectively parlor tricks to pass time. Heavy boots clunked with each step, as he moved up behind [member="Lady Kay"] and [member="Veiere Arenais"], moving his eyesight from them to the Jedi Master, [member="Solidor Slane"]. He bit the inside of his cheek, curious how the man would react to his presence, giving him time to adjust before he spoke up. "Oh believe me, you're not interrupting anything I won't be hearing the entire flight home. Your arrival is a welcome distraction, actually. So by all means distract them." He offered an almost comically large smile, stopping the blaster spinning with an abrupt thunk from the grip's smack in his hand.

"I don't suppose you have any whisky? Or Sapir tea perhaps?"

"It's a few miles from here, pretty good retail value, lots of land, lake-side view, mountainous terrain surrounding so there's no risk to wildlife or the general populace. Overall, a very good, most importantly free property for the taking. Do follow."

The sullustan abruptly lept out of his seat and skipped outside of the city hall, the two humans quickening their pace to follow him. Natalie herself was caught off guard by the sudden increase in speed so resulted to simply running behind them, leaving her briefcase in the planning room assuming the best intentions that nobody would take them while she was away, wherever they were going.

Bursting through the doors he jumped down the stairs and, in an unsimilar fashion, paced down the stairs. Natalie was on the verge of breaking down, panting. Who knew midgets could walk this fast? ​She sighed as he hopped into a hovering limousine that nearly drove off without her, but the sullustan hailed the driver to stop such an occurrence from happening. Oddly enough, as soon as her foot stepped into the door it started immediately, floating at a breakneck pace through the various highways of the city. If this wasn't a government vehicle, they probably would've been mistaken by anti-air defenses as a starfighter.

"Is there a reason why your driver is trying to kill me?"

"Old Bubby is the best in the business!"

Bubby turned around, it was an old man with an obvious glass eye. While he turned around, they nearly hit a car but some sort of autopilot stopped it just as they were about to crash.

Natalie's face turned into complete and utter confusion at how these people worked for the government, jaw opening slightly and her eyes widening.

"We'll be there in a few minutes!"

"I thought you said it was a few miles away."

"Yeah, but Bubby knows a few short cuts." Winking to Natalie.

Her head turned to look out the window as they had escaped the urban paradise and were now drifting firmly on some sort of hill obviously not meant for driving.

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
Kay spotted [member="Solidor Slane"] approach along the pathway. His attire alone let her know what he was. She glanced to [member="Veiere Arenais"] as he got nearer to them, wondering if he knew the older gentleman at all. Veiere used to spend a lot of time here, so there was a very good chance that they had crossed paths at some point.

As Solidor finished his approach, Kay stopped and bowed her head in return, giving him a polite smile following his introduction. And just asshe was about to answer him, [member="Darlyn Excron"] chimed in with his usual sense of humour. He sure had a way with words and it made her wonder just how she'll get after him on their return home. Maybe she'll bug him about changing diapers, or runny noses and all the other gross stuff that babies do. Maybe she'll tease him about changing his job from Minister of Justice to Minister of Dirty Diapers. It made her snicker inside just by thinking about it.

"Thank you Master Slane. Getting out of the heat would be lovely. I do hope that we're not imposing with this visit if there are critical matters that need attending to. We won't stray any longer than we're needed to." Kay continued walking on the path. The heat was nice, but it didn't take long for it to be too much. Pregnancy has a certain way of messing with a lady's body temperature.

Several minutes later

"Ta-da!"

What a dump. The entire facility was covered in moss, the gates were sealed shut and covered in rust, there actually appeared to be some local wildlife scattered about in the form of wolves, feral dogs and even some bares.

"Now it's a fixer upper, I know, but it's nothing a woman of such genius as yourself can solve it! Look, these gates just need a fresh coat of paint, and I'm sure we could... use the.. wildlife"

He started panting as he ran excitedly to the gate, rubbing his hand on it then screaming in shock as it created an open wound in his hand.

"Do you even work for the government?"

"Yes-ma'am-I-do! I'm the assistant intern secretary for the Deneba planning something something!"

"Sorry, the assistant intern secretary. So you're not even the secretary, you're the intern to the actual secretary, why in the hell am I speaking to your about this?"

"No need to get feisty with me! You came on the wrong day if you wanted to see the actual planners, they don't work on whatever day it is today." He paused looking up. "They actually only work on Sundays, all of them follow this weird religion where they work every day of the week apart from Sundays; but I can assure you, I have all the executive power you need to get set up right here!"

"You... you really think I'm ever going to make a profit off of this? You should be paying me to take this off of your hands and renovate the entire scrap heap."

The Sullustan's jaw dropped slightly in shock.

"You're going to take this off of our hands?" He started to tear up, attempting to wipe his eyes. "I'll give you 5000 credits, my signature and a kiss if you take this. This thing is a environmental hazard and every month the planning commission keeps this apart of our property manifest in its current state we've had our budget reduced, soon we're going to have to start printing out documents again and writing in ink! And let me tell you something, you could get more legible writing off of a blind person than me!"

"You're the assistant secretary, aren't you supposed to have... readable hand writing? Didn't they screen for that?"

"Nah, the government has a quota of people with disabilities to fill and I fill it, though I don't see how having bad hand writing is a disability."

The rusty gates shuffled against the wind. By now, it was nearly midnight and one of the wolves began to howl. At the sound of this, they began prowling their way to the gate obviously smelling the blood and hungry for it. They were barely more than skin and bones, previously ripping apart the carcas of what seemed to be a dead human, obviously someone unfortunate enough to be trapped behind these bars when it was shut down, or perhaps an explorer seeking to discover something within.

"So, whaddya say? Deal?"

Outstretching his hand, waiting for Natalie to shake it.

Klesta

The King of Ergonomic Assessments
Objective: Perform ergonomic assessments

"Can you please give me a map of what each team is doing in each area?" Klesta asked the manager of the premises.

"Do you have an idea of what purpose would having that information serve?"

"Maybe there are some workstations that are not properly configured for the tasks being done, which is crippling to productivity, health and safety. However, to determine whether such is the case, I would need to know the work layout of the offices"

The manager quickly realized that no, it wasn't simply about out-of-alignment furniture or ergonomic equipment. It's also about how the offices are laid out in the most optimal way given what's being done in an office by its user(s). From there, lighting might also be an issue: perhaps some of the lights are too bright, poorly positioned or some such thing, in the context of the work being carried out in that location, of course. Sometimes the required changes might be extensive, but well worth it in the long run. The big dilemma of workplace health and safety, even if one successfully managed to fix all the ergonomic shortcomings that could be fixed with hardware, was the ages-old debate of natural units of work vs. the need for breaks. Ideally one would take the breaks at moments that aren't arbitrary, but some well-intentioned managers often have their subordinates take breaks at most inopportune moments that may be construed as arbitrary.

"You drive a hard bargain, Mr.."

The man went to shake her hand but she moved back slightly.

"I wasn't finished. Anyway, I'm cutting back my end of the deal. No subsidized energy and I want at least one more facility at a reduced rate to make up for this trash heap you've offered me and in exchange you can keep the credits, the kiss and the signature."

"Fine. I didn't want to kiss your stupid face anyway." The Sullustan growled offering her his hand to shake.

"Now, could I get some details on this other facility you'll be providing?"

"Well it's a little far north, abandoned arctic research facility we've got a hold of. Luckily for you, it's not in as much disarray as this dump." They began to walk back to the vehicle where the 3 humans were sitting. "Bubby take it easy this time, I'm in concurrence with Miss LaForte, you nearly killed us last time."

The glass eyed man nodded before revving up the vehicle one more time, this ride was slightly less bumpy, albeit more likely because they were still in the mountain range and driving 100 mph off of the side of it would genuinely result in their deaths, he kept the facade of being calm up until they reached one of the toll roads when he drove similar to before, at a speed which was likely to get them arrested.

"Anyway, the overall cost for this facility will be around 500,000 credits. The entire interior has been stripped of anything of use, so you'll need to completely refurbish it. Despite saying you wanted no grants, you're actually due one, it's called the 'Government refurbishment and repair grant', it's unoriginal I know but we'll cover 50% of the cost for you."

"So you're offering me it for 250,000 credits? That seems a bit too generous, like the last one." She squinted her eyes.

"Try and keep up, 500,000 and that's including the discount. The kiss and signature are still on the table should you wish to take them."

Natalie looked out the window, blankly shaking her head and losing interest. The Sullustan looked down, saddened.

Company: [member="Lady Kay"], [member=Darlyn Excron], [member=Solidor Slane].

"Master Slane..."

Veiere turned to incline his head to the Jedi Master, it was a name he was familiar with though the elder mans face was not. Deneba had grown over the time since the Jedi Order had settled there however and as was customary for his and later, Master Jade's positions, they could not come to form as close a friendships with all of their Jedi as they'd wished. Since Veiere had given him his position within the Order and returned to focus on Commenor, the Systems Alliance and the state of his personal affairs (that being family), it was evident that there'd been a number of changes that he might need to re-familiarize himself with.

"It's not been that long since I was last here yet change it seems truly is inevitable..." He offered a wary smile, a side of humor to him in these uncomfortable moments. He had expected to find his former apprentice awaiting them; alas such was the case with their chosen paths. He knew the life of a Jedi all too well, ever constant and ever moving; "Veiere Arenais" he offered up his name in introduction before concluding, "Pleasure to meet you".

As they began to move on towards the in-doors, Veiere took the opportunity to catch up on his knowledge over the state of the Order. "Tell me, how're they others adapting to the planned move to Mon Calamari?" He asked curiously. Last he had been in a position alongside the Jedi Council, which had in truth only been a matter of weeks, they had all been preparing for the venture. The reason for the Order's agreement to work alongside the Systems Alliance and preserve the history and domain over deneba itself.

S u p e r i o r

The elderly Jedi would once more offer a respectful bow as he bent forward, one hand on his cane as he offered a warm and welcoming smile, " Your presence is by no means imposing. Your benevolence and compassion as the heads of Commenor precede you both, Your Majestys'; you require no introduction. The pleasure is all mine to meet you in person. " His free hand would continue to gesture back the way he came as he spoke, " Please, if you will follow me to the enclave. There are a number of refreshments and some relief from the weather. "

Solidor would lower his hand as he waited patiently for the trio to move before he himself began to walk along side them. As they walked and the King of Commenor inquired about the current state of the Order, Slane would speak in turn, " All the preparations for the migration to Mon Calamari are proceeding smoothly. I have been tasked with ensuring this transition goes smoothly. Master Raxis is currently leading a daring rescue of Master Vondinarach, and I have faith that he will be returned to us safely. "

They would continue along the path as the entrance to the Enclave soon came into view, a number of Padawans and Knights out and about as they passed by while Slane led the three to a rather cool area for Lady Kay's sake. A droid would float out with a tray, a set of cups resting on it as it hovered near the four to distribute the refreshments. Slane would take a cup from the tray as he spoke, " Deneba is far better off in your capable hands. The far reaches of space around Mon Calamari have recently been abandoned by the Silver Jedi Order. Though I disagree with their methods, there will be plenty of work to be done on our behalf to help ensure that the people are handled and treated with care. "
44zMDpl.png
[member="Lady Kay"] | [member="Veiere Arenais"] | [member="Darlyn Excron"]

Several hours later.

"To clarify the kiss and autograph are optional but they raise the value of the property significantly."

"I'm not property..."

"No ah... I didn't.. forget it, we're here anyway."

This facility looked slightly more presentable and already looked like a power plant. Natalie was unsure of where they were, as they were currently parked on fractured ice, snow was covering the windows and it seemed to be pitch black, probably because the research facility was situated just behind a mountain, and also because they had been out for so long.

"Alright you're going to need to run for that door" The Sullustan pointed towards a steel door. "The ice is extremely frail. Thank God for hovering cars!"

In a few seconds, Natalie opened the door and her heel touched the ground at which cracks began to form on it. As she placed more pressure even more formed before it eventually fragmented, the shards scattering a bit. Looking back she felt shocked that he would even suggest they attempt to do this, but the Sullustan and two human were already half way across the pond, leaving behind them holes of ice which led down to a seemingly bottomless ocean.

She placed her other heel on the ice, at which a similar occurrence happened, the ice fracturing.

"I'M GOING TO DIE." She yelled out to the group in front of her.

"Don't do that you'll lower real estate values!" Chuckling to himself.

Her mouth went agape before she finally built the courage to attempt to run. She was never good at PE, let alone dicing with death in high heels. At least in highschool you could bring in a sick note to get out of it, now she felt like she was doing this to entertain some omnipresent God reading a story. In a blur of motion, she began sprinting, every step fracturing and splitting more of the ice as she stepped along. At one point, she had slipped and nearly fell into bone chilling cold water, though she managed to grab onto a more stable bit of the ice before doing so.

Klesta

It took a while for the manager to produce the map of the premises by department and, from there, work performed. Yes, Klesta couldn't help but realize that the premises were neatly organized, perhaps too much. After all, some of the company's past ergonomic assessment clients implemented a different kind of workspace where compartmentalization is not as acute. Especially in smaller businesses, usually those that are not large enough for bulk discounts, where there is more interconnectedness between work stations. A lighting detector would be well-appreciated here, and he had one such item in his pocket. He just went around inspecting the lighting strength and found out that those neon lights, while energy-efficient, were causing visual problems onto some of the workers that complained about those. Perhaps some lamp shades might be in order here: the list of recommendations to make just increased. The Jawa realized, however, that some lighting was still required, especially if work was going to take those workers through the night. Once the lighting portion was finished...

"How does lighting relate to ergonomics?"

"Visual fatigue will hurt employees' health and safety in the long run, differently from out-of-alignment furniture or workstations, I'll tell you as much"

"You know in future you should wear flat shoes in future! They don't put as much pressure on the ice."

Natalie looked up, barely gripping onto the ice while her legs were submerged in freezing cold water. The two humans bent down and roughly grabbed her arms, pulling her up onto solid snow. As soon as she stood up she crossed her arms, shivering and breathing out causing condensed air to be blown into the Sullustans face. Without another word, they reached for the door, the only thing stopping it from being blown open was a steel padlock.

"You... think I'm doing... that... again?"

The doors slammed open, and it seemed like the building was even colder than outside. The facility was relatively small, most of floor was covered in shattered glass. The first thing she spotted was an elevator, though that too was padlocked. Despite the Sullustan's description, there were actually some left over office desks, chairs and clocks, though most of them were covered in frost. She went to reach for a coffee mug, but found great difficulty in moving it at all and instead gave up.

"Well, we could have taken a gunship here, though I assumed you didn't want to run the risk of falling into an empty elevator shaft that nearly digs to the core of the planet."

"Good assumption. Everything seems to check out, assuming we can get central heating installed."

"Oh we never bothered with central heating, we just have pipes that run down to the core encased by plastic. The pipes ran up here and conducted heat to the surface, but after this particular facility fell into disarray we just have the piping removed."

Natalie went to shake the man's hand and he graciously accepted.

"A pleasure doing business with you." Kissing her hand. Natalie smiled through the pain and moved her hand away, wiping it on her clothing.

"But we're not done yet." The man signaled to the humans who padlocked the door shut.

Kay-Larr

Kay glanced to her husband, [member="Veiere Arenais"] as [member="Solidor Slane"] began to shower them with compliments. Were they really so deserving of them? She wasn't so sure. They've made their mistakes, had done things in ways that others would disagree with. One of them being hiring Darksiders such as [member="Darlyn Excron"] to work among their staff. Master Slane made no effort to acknowledge the man after he had spoken. Whether that was intended or not, she still felt a bit slighted by that. But that was her own issue to deal with, not his.

She walked along with them, letting Veiere and Master Slane converse together. Already the heat was making her sweat, but the breeze was nice. And the prospect of a cool drink just meters ahead of them helped to urge her on.

Finally they were inside. The temperature dropped sharply once they were out of the sun. It made her wonder what the winters were like here. Was there a lot of snow and ice? Or was it mild? That was something that she'd have to ask later.

The Enclave itself was more or less how she remembered it. The same bustle of activity. Kay bowed her head to anyone that met her gaze, yet more than likely they were looking to her stomach than anything else. It did stick out afterall.

She took one of the offered cups with thanks and had a sip. It was after Master Slane spoke of the move that she had an opportunity to speak up. "If you need any help, then please let us know. I don't want it to seem like as if we are shooing you all out the door." On the contrary, she wanted to give them all the time that they needed. "And the doors are always open for you all to come back whenever you'd like."

Darlyn didn't really react to [member="Solidor Slane"]'s lack of reaction to his presence. Quid pro quo as far as he was concerned. Instead he'd just follow behind [member="Lady Kay"] and [member="Veiere Arenais"], returning to the fiddling with his weaponry as they walked into the Enclave itself. If he didn't stand out before.. At least half of the people staring at the group seemed to track Darlyn's every movement in this bastion of light. He didn't blame them, but he couldn't help the twinge of annoyance radiating off of him. He didn't like how they seemed to be looking down on him for a difference in opinion. He was better than them, at least in some respects. At least he didn't leave children al...

He shook his head and put his gun away, taking the cup offered. He took a sip, frowned, and opened his whisky flask, pouring a bit into the drink. It was lacking in the kick he liked. When he took another sip, appreciating the taste more now, and listened to the small talk being given. "Just give some warning for my sake if it's more than a personal visit. Speed along the paperwork, setup escorts in advance, you know." He tried to look polite, nice, as he gave Slane a smile. Hopefully the jedi would stop staring before his twinge of annoyance worsened.

Company: [member="Lady Kay"], [member="Darlyn Excron"], [member="Solidor Slane"].

Glancing to [member="Lady Kay"] and [member="Darlyn Excron"], Veiere nodded in evident agreement with their consideration of the Enclave being open to the Jedi Order; of course he would have it no other way given the history that it held both for the new Order as well as the old. "The Jedi will always have a home on Deneba, regardless of our governance over the system" Veiere added in his own favor for their connection to the world, a mutual background and hopefully a continued push to restore some semblance of integrity to the otherwise declining state of the Galaxy and the representation of peace and those seeking to help maintain it for society around them.

"I'm sorry to hear about Master Vondinarach, I remember [member="Kei Raxis"] well however...-If there's anything we can do, let me know" He smiled warily, dipping his head as the outside warmth soon turned to a placid temperature, the Enclave's interior conditioning bringing about a pleasurable chill that Deneba simply couldn't provide without atmospherics.

"I hear [member="Teynara Jeralyr"] has received Knighthood..." He added somewhat out of context, though she had been one of his favorite students and had an exceptionally sharp mind. Favoratism wasn't something he had ever shown yet she had always challenged him in his teachings and in a student, those traits were truly admirable to see for someone wishing the best for those partaking in lessons.

Kay-Larr

Kay raised a brow slightly as [member="Darlyn Excron"] added some whiskey to his drink. Was he really that uncomfortable here? But then again, he probably had every right to be. He was the odd one out, a shadow among beacons of light. But he was a valued and loyal friend. Surely the Jedi could respect that. It wasn't as though Darlyn was being a threat to them in any way.

She looked to [member="Veiere Arenais"] when he mentioned [member="Kei Raxis"] . He had asked to babysit for them once. Although that was probably a joke. Kay had only seen him when he came to retrieve his lightsaber from her. And that was the last that she had seen him. The moments that they were together were always fleeting.

Kay had a sip of her drink, stepping back a bit as Veiere spoke with [member="Solidor Slane"] on people and matters that weren't her business. If she had been able to escape politics, then the Jedi path could have been what she would have walked. But as fate would have it, she was forever entwined in the grip of politics. More than likely she would never be free of it. Maybe she wasn't meant to.

S u p e r i o r
Solidor Slane

Solidor would have his cane resting on his lap as he held the cup of tea in both hands. He would offer a smile to Lady Kay as she spoke before nodding his head, " We thank you for your assistance, though we do not wish to burden you with our moving. As it stands now, we are moving along schedule. There is no rush if I am correct? " His gaze would shift to Darlyn Excron as he made a comment before the elderly Jedi replied with one of his own, " I will be sure to inform the rest of our Order if that is the case, but I'm sure no such preparations will take long. "

Slane would take another sip of his tea as he lifted the cup to his lips before lowering it back down to his lap. Veiere began to speak as he nodded in agreement as he spoke in a soft tone of voice, " Once again we thank you for your hospitality as guests. There is much to be done when we've transitioned to our new home. The Silver Jedi Order's latest...Efforts on that end of the galaxy have left much concern to the people in regards to the duties of a Jedi. It is my hope that we will remedy that. "

He would pause on the topic he was currently discussing. While Slane did not agree with the Silver Jedi Order's methods or their means of operation as a Jedi body that served more as a military than it did a peacekeeping force, they were still Jedi nonetheless. He would let out a quiet sigh before returning to respond to the questions and conversation, " I trust in the other members of our Council to handle the situation. " There would be a brief pause as the King of Commenor moved on with the conversation, " Miss Jeralyr...Yes she has. I assume that she is an acquaintance of yours? "

44zMDpl.png
[member="Lady Kay"] | [member="Veiere Arenais"] | [member="Darlyn Excron"]

Company: [member="Lady Kay"], [member="Darlyn Excron"], [member="Solidor Slane"].

Veiere Arenais had to pause for a moment in reconsideration for how much Solider Slane might have known of his name and former place within the Jedi Order. Was it that he was asking in general inquiry or had it not crossed his attention that Veiere himself had once been Grand-master of the Enclave they currently sat within, former Master of [member="Romi Jade"] and the founder of the reinvigorated Jedi Order that he now served.

"[member="Teynara Jeralyr"] has been with the Order since the Conclave that was held on the Planet Yutan" He chuckled softly, nodding in confirmation, "She was one of the first students to join the Order when I sought to encourage a returned faith and practice in the traditional values of the Jedi Order long before us. Her mind was ever so keen and she took to her lessons with a constant and ever present desire to learn. I expected she would go far".

Turning to glance to his peers however, he became somewhat wary of his delving into the business of the Order where both [member="Lady Kay"] and [member="Darlyn Excron"] were neither familiar with such things, the business at hand to discuss the coming care over the world under the Systems Alliance, for which he would seek to steer them back on track, accompanied by his apology.

"Forgive me, Kay but it seems nostalgia's taken hold. Perhaps you'd like to bring us back on track and discuss what our people can offer for the Order, should they seek to continue to use these facilities or to return here full time...".

Klesta

"Other areas of ergonomic concern?"

"Although we understand that noisy spacecraft is a concern that cannot be addressed without appealing to other parties, has there been complaints about proper soundproofing"

The final two items are temperature and humidity. But parasitic noise can cause incomfort and lower productivity. However, how much was acceptable depended on where the work was done: a baggage handling control room wasn more understandable to be noisier because of the sheer number of conveyor belts from the terminal, which only amplifies noise; basement offices, not so much, especially not if they are far away from the noisier functions of a spaceport. But the initial contract covered only administrative offices; Klesta thought that perhaps he could wring more assessments with the same bulk discount if only the spaceport authority management could be convinced that all workstations in the spaceport could use an ergonomic assessment, more than just the administrative offices. He started to draw up the report, while the sonometer is being used a little bit around the offices to detect where noise is most problematic as well as least problematic. He repeats the same operation with lighting. Sometimes better incur expenses now so that you won't get hit with a bigger bill later, he thought, which was an oft-forgotten fact of WH&S: better spend 1 credit in preventive measures now so that you can avoid paying N credits later (N > 1).

Kay-Larr

Kay gave her husband a small smile as he apologized. There was no real need for it. The Jedi Order was a part of his life that she'll always feel guilty for taking him away from it. If not for her, [member="Veiere Arenais"] would probably still be a Grand Master. But that of course was just her own opinion. "No apology is necessary, my dear. You're not out of order for inquiring about them."

She sipped her drink, ever so thankful that it was much cooler in the Enclave than outside. The place had a power to it that just tugged at a part of her, made her think of what could have been. Yet it did no good to dwell on such thoughts.

Her attention turned to Master [member="Solidor Slane"] , the prevailing member of the Council. "As always, Master Slane, you are all welcome to live here and study any time you'd like. I don't want it to be any different. The Systems Alliance will protect this world and it's neighbours to the best of our ability. Nothing will change, outside of a boost to the economy of Deneba, should they want it."

[member="Darlyn Excron"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom