Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[OSL] The Lost Ren

Halle Ren,
Monastery, Temple Interior

Halle scrambled to the side of Zmej's bed and clasps at the weak Ren's hand desperately; Leaving her post of observing Joza Perl down the hallway with the hawkish gaze collapsing onto her greaves with a thud, Halle's hand goes to press Zmej's knuckles against the flanged durasteel of the helmet which yet still finds a perch on Halle's skull. "Sister....Zmej." Halle's voice turns low in volume. Sulfuric yellow eyes examining the injured Knight closely and her hand that hangs loosely towards the floor curls into a tight fist; This is when Halle decided that one day, maybe not today or the day after but certainly one day she'd be the one to murder the Galactic Alliance's leaders. In a hushed whisper to her kindred sister. "I am here Zmej, you need not fear the Alliance or their lapdogs any longer." Looking down over Zmej's face almost solicits a tear from the young Disciple. Halle's glove affectionately trails through Zmej's hair, caressing the woman's head out of a certain maternal instinct. Halle snarls at Connor Harrison when he suggests leaving. "Some of our Brothers and Sisters are too injured to move, we must stay here!" Halle Protests, turning her attention back to Zmej and rests her palm supportively on the maimed Ren's forehead, looking down over her with a heavy heart. "I'm not going anywhere sister, I'm here to look after you." Halle lowers Zemj's hand against the woman's breast so as to not strain her weary body, she listens attentively to Zmej's breath and how it laboured. "We're far away from Mustafar now sister, be still. We're safe for now." The sound of a sabre igniting echoes down the Hallway, with a fast pivot Halle rises to her feet with both hands finding Anariel; Thumb depresses the ignition and after a second of focusing herself on its crystal, with an electrifying shriek the ancient Crossguard sabre shoots to life with a tall crimson blade rising from the crossguard hilt. Unable to identify that it was a Ren's Blade ignited from sound Alone. Halle's presence shields Zmej from both the light of the room and whoever might come to enter their room, she snarls threateningly almost like a beast; Fiercely guarding her dear friend.

[member="Kyrel Ren"] [member="Mishel Ren"] [member="Kaalia Voldaren"] [member="Ara Ren"] [member="Samka Derith"] [member="Zmej Ren"] [member="Hazel Zanteres"] [member="Connor Harrison"] [member="Bethany Kismet"]

Connor nodded, and let go of [member="Kyrel Ren"] and held his hand out as a sign he would stand down, and for no hostility to rule them right now. Emotions were high, but still….Connor had seen both sides of the Light, and he knew when not to present oneself as a monster. Now was not –

He flinched and looked towards the sound of another blade, and it was the sound of a crossguard which meant another Ren - [member="Halle Ren"] – was losing control.

This was starting to become embarrassing to be associated with, of all places where people were trying to save lives, the Ren were acting like barbarians, even as one of their own was on death’s door.

"What is happening to us," he seethed, shaking his head.

He only hoped action would be carried out after these outbursts to rein them back in and take action.

”Now is not the time for violence. There is peace. Control yourself at once,” he relayed to the raging Ren via his mind.

[member="Mishel Ren"] | [member="Kaalia Voldaren"] | [member="Ara Ren"] | [member="Samka Derith"] | [member="Zmej Ren"] | [member="Hazel Zanteres"] | [member="Bethany Kismet"] | [member="Calder Icehammer"]

Hazel Zanteres

The Angel/Devil on your Shoulder
Hazel had been checking [member="Mishel Ren"], when the young woman suddenly lurched awake. The other doctors present practically jumped in surprise, even Hazel did slightly but the sudden grip on her tunic kept her from moving very much.

"Hey, take it easy...you're safe, you're alright Mishel." Hazel spoke softly, trying to purvey a calm aura as she took Mishel's hand from her tunic and into her hand instead. She gently brushed a finger across the back of it to try and ease the young woman's panic. Hazel felt it as Mishel reached out with the Force, prodding and wrapping around her trying to figure out who she was. The doctor could do little as she felt it constrict around her, almost a bit too tightly for her comfort. Her focused healing not minutes ago had mostly drained her. But she didn't dissuade against it, if anything Hazel tried to help direct it. She did note that it felt different, there was none of the darkness her fellow Ren embodied. Even her eyes looked normal?

"I'm Hazel, a healer. We brought you here after we found you on Mustafar. Your friends are here, the other Ren." Hazel bit her lip slightly, pondering what to say exactly. She was generally an honest and upfront with her patients, yet it was always a tricky situation about bringing up to someone they had just been dead moments ago. Then again, maybe Mishel was already aware. She squeezed the young woman's hand tenderly, sending a silent message that she was here for her.

"Don't try to move too much okay? We had to operate on you, so it's going to take some time for you get back onto your feet." It was at that moment there was a sudden slam against the locked door, then another and another. Someone was knocking against it. Hazel reached out slightly, with what little of the Force she still had. She sensed a familiar presence, recognising the panic that had spiked when Mishel had flatlined, and that was still there. It was [member="Kaalia Voldaren"].

"It's fine, open the door - let her in." She looked towards one of the doctors, who quickly walked over to do so.

Hazel looked back down at Mishel, and for a brief moment she saw a flash of a memory before her. Only she was the one of the operating table, and her mother was the one looking over her.

"It's going to be alright." She whispered quietly.

[member="Ara Ren"] | [member="Samka Derith"] | [member="Zmej Ren"] | [member="Halle Ren"] | [member="Bethany Kismet"] | [member="Calder Icehammer"] | [member="Connor Harrison"]

“Halle. Halle, Halle, Halle.” Zmej muttered, head turned to give her sister another smile. However temporary, the warmth of safety and calm briefly washed away all worries, triggered by the knowledge Halle was there, watching over the wounded Ren. Passionate excitement briefly sparkled in Zmej’s dark side coloured eyes, relief finding its place in her heart. No longer fearing the worst, albeit not daring to ask about the campaign’s success just yet, the freshly knighted Ren firmly grasped her sister’s gauntleted hand in a reassuring gesture before letting go, wriggling in the bed and sitting up despite the task’s difficulty and sharp, painful stabs burning in her chest and left shoulder.

“Why am I here?” The knight asked, pangs of anger once more stealing into her voice as she gazed over the light side practitioners, regarding their poisonous signatures with open hostility.

Who were those Jedi, anyway? Enemies, questionable charlatans at best – and the fact they had treated her injuries only made it so much worse, for Zmej absolutely abhorred the idea of being treated outside of the First Order, by her enemies’ hands none the less. She despised their mercy and compassion, both fatal weaknesses in dire need of eradication.

“I’m going to kill them,” revealed the blonde to Halle in a soft whisper, eyes travelling up the ceiling, “Once I’m fully healed, I’ll return and burn this place to the ground.”

She found the very thought strangely soothing.

The Supreme Leader's Hand owed them nothing. Doctors in the First Order would have undeniably done a better job patching her up. Without feeling an ounce of gratitude, Zmej saw zero reason to let the Jedi continue their existence. There was no guarantee this group wouldn’t join the Alliance in the future – unwilling to take that chance, the pale knight’s mind birthed a devious plan, nothing less than a complete and utter extermination of this particular chapter. Striking them divided, vulnerable; seizing such chance was a must. Zmej imagined the glory and fame it equalled. Medals, colourful ribbons, praise and accolades – it all awaited her.

Blinking, her yellow eyes trailed back to Halle.

“Take me home.”

[member="Halle Ren"]

A distressed Kaalia quickly made her way out of the room after [member="Bethany Kismet"] told her where [member="Mishel Ren"] was being treated. The fellow Ren needed her help, and her own injuries were irrelevant. Fighting through the pain she made her way through the hallways towards the door she was told Mishel would be. When she tried to slide it open, it wouldnt budge. It was locked. The redhead's patience had ran out and she started slamming at the door, yelling "Open up!" while she did. She couldn't feel Mishel's presence, causing her panic to build up even more.

Then, a surge through the Force. It was very strong, and caused Kaalia to stagger for a moment. What followed the surge caused her to slam on the door even harder. She felt Mishel again. Her Force signature was significantly different, as though the Light had embraced her, but that mattered little to her. There was also another aura, but it was meek and exhausted. The door finally slid open, and Kaalia ignored the doctor who opened the door and immediately made her way towards the Ren, as quickly as her crutch let her. "Whatever you did, I felt it." she said to [member="Hazel Zanteres"], her relief palpable in her voice and the Force. She turned to Mishel, feeling panic come from her while her own subsided. "It's alright Mishel, I am here. We are all here. She saved your life." Her words were warm and soft, aimed at calming her down. She then noticed that Hazel wasn't in the shape she originally met her in, and her exhaustion had peaked. "You just performed a miracle. I-I..." It was hard for Kaalia to keep her emotions at bay. "I can't thank you enough." She wasn't sure if Mishel had any permanent injuries, but at least she was alive. She was alive.

Bethany's eyes cast to [member="Calder Icehammer"] as he approached, offering the barest shake of her head. Despite the situation, she had, once again, faith. Faith that enough of these people were not rabid murderers and they would be able to find a common ground.

Her faith in [member="Hazel Zanteres"] at least, was not misplaced. She sighed, softly, a chagrined smile flickering over her face as that series of events played out. She couldn't sense the specifcs, but the broad strokes were clear to her.

She listened patiently as [member="Samka Derith"] spoke, not interupting, not correcting. There really wasn't a need for it at that time. Though when she did stop speaking, Bethany smiled sadly.

"Of course I will take you to your friend," she said softly. As if there could have been any other answer.

"However, the other offer is not, and can never be, on the table. As that person's life is not mine to give. I only have my own to barter with, after all."

There was no anger in her tone, only a gentle rebuke. It was also very clear that Bethany was not going to bow to the young woman's ultimatum. There was no challenge, however. She had nothing to prove, after all. Just that calm serenity she had displayed even with [member="Kyrel Ren"]'s lightsaber at her throat. Samka could claim that she was in charge in that moment as strongly as she liked.

It didn't, however, change anything in regard to the diminutive Jedi.

"I would suggest that at least one person stay here to keep those who cannot be up and about yet company," she continued, glancing at [member="Connor Harrison"] and inclining her head slightly. "I am sure that no one would wish to be left alone in a strange place after all. But if you are ready to see her, please follow me."

Stepping out into the hall, she raised a hand to Calder, offering him a reassuring smile. That same look was turned down the hallway to [member="Halle Ren"], where she stood in the doorway to [member="Zmej Ren"] 's room, the red saber blazing against the white stone. She could feel the injured woman's loathing through the Force, just as with Kyrel's.

The entire situation here hung by a hair's breadth. It could so easily fall upon the sword if there was one wrong move, one harsh word. Or one less calm mind. She appreciated the presence of some of those they had brought here, and their willingness to understand reason. The sharp bite of Kyrel's anger and Zmej's hatred pained her, not due to anything personal. But Bethany was an empath, and the burning fire there was something that rarely offered anything to its wielder. Only more and more darkness. They were feelings that were never sated.

Very slowly, she nodded to Halle. It was the best she could do in that moment. But those emerald eyes stayed on the young woman's face for long enough that it was clear the dark haired woman meant them no harm.

Turning down the opposite direction, she led Samka to the ward where [member="Mishel Ren"] was. [member="Kaalia Voldaren"] was already there, waiting with Doctor Zanteres, and Bethany stepped aside to let the other Ren enter and see their comrade. Her eyes met Hazel's, a searching looking. What, exactly, had the other woman given up to save the girl's life? There was no rebuke here, just concern for the blonde doctor.

[member="Connor Harrison"]’s sharp response registered, words rolling off of her back as she continued her way towards Alkor. What he said didn’t make much sense to her contextually, so she chalked it up to the tense situation at hand. With so many injured, there wasn’t much time to mince words anyhow.

[member="Alkor Centaris"] eventually acquiesced to the drug, though his submission was not very peaceful. She couldn’t blame him, given how torn up and confused he seemed to be. Then he started to talk…something was thin, it was a wall, and there was death. As the two Mandalorians turned towards her for an explanation, the Zeltron could only offer a shallow shrug of her shoulders before moving in a little closer. “There are Dark siders here, Alkor. You’re on neutral territory. This is part of a humanitarian aid mission.” Her voice lowered in an attempt to be soothing, reaching for a cloth to wipe what she could of the blood from his face. Not that it would do much—Joza was no doctor, no healer either, so she worked on assessing the bodily damage before the real medics got to him.

Suddenly the tension snapped, and Joza whirled around on her heel a split second before [member="Kyrel Ren"] had his saber to Kismet’s neck. Her first instinct was to remove the threat, but some of the more able bodied Ren managed to disengage him through words and a little help from the Force.

Joza had mixed feelings about the situation, her obvious displeasure with having rambunctious patients etched onto her face. Wasn’t anything knew when you dealt with the aftermath of a battle, though. Turning back to Alkor, she found that a pair of nurses had already taken to working on the badly injured man, and so her eyes followed [member="Bethany Kismet"] as she went to step out of the room with [member="Samka Derith"] in tow. “You want him detained?” She called, jerking a thumb over at the Ren who’d threatened the Jedi Master. She imagined that the Lotus would have some sort of confinement area for mentally unstable or generally dangerous patients. To the Zeltron, it was a decent compromise after the outburst.

Mishel Kryze

M
Mishel's brow furrowed as she focused on this Hazel's lips, she read them to help her better understand the healer. The younger Ren had not noticed that her hand no longer rested on the doctor's tunic but in her hand. The sudden slam against the door snapped the teenager out of her concentration. She didn't have to reach out with the force to notice who came flying through those doors. [member="Kaalia Voldaren"] who along with [member="Hazel Zanteres"] worked to keep her calm, the panic washed away and she concentrated on Kaalia's words now. Her hand still holding Hazel's although it did slip out to pull the red headed Ren into a hug. "Sister," she replied with a hoarse voice, lips cracked and dry and when the other Ren mentioned life and then miracle. Mishel pushed Kaalia away, you're my little miracle. Her eyes scanned Kaalia's red hair a moment, she took it in her hand and looked at it and then at Kaalia. She gave her a smile but said nothing else her attention returned to Hazel.

"There were you," she said rather accusingly to the Doctor. "There were you, how? Ashira, you find?" Her expression relaxed now, no longer did she look at Dr. Zanteres with a furrowed brow but inquisitively. "Tygara, you?" She pointed at the woman and then looked at Kaalia, "see her, I. Ashira - and there were she." Mishel closed her eyes and tried to recall it all, she had been there with Ashira and she saw this woman. The girl opened her eyes and as she moved into an upright position she cringed, and winced with pain. She managed it just so she could put her hands on Dr. Zanteres's face just to see if she was real. "No spirit, you?"

Curious still, the girl's hands softly traced Hazel's face before she withdrew them. "No spirit, she." She whispered to Kaalia, "see her, I - with Ashira." Something that was not possible unless, well, Mishel was there. Her mind tried to piece together what happened and then she felt a stronger presence of light, wait - she blinked and looked down at herself. Again her brow furrowed and then it relaxed, and furrowed once more as her hands came to her body. Slowly she patted herself down, something felt different - very different. As her mind searched for the last bits of memory to play. She reversed it to the moment she encountered the woman on the roof, the top of Vader's Castle. Her hazel-green eyes connected with light blue eyes, the Doctor's eyes. Mishel's senses told her this woman had expended herself and then she looked to Kaalia for a moment. [member="Bethany Kismet"]'s presence is what Mishel was detecting but it felt different.

On Mustafar she recalled how strange the light sider's aura felt and now, now the light side... "Life for life, blood for blood - you for I?"

And then there was another aura, one right behind the Jedi Master, one most familiar and one that Mishel found comfort it. "Sam? Sam?" She called to the door as she used Kaalia as a way to lean toward it, "Sam, here I!" [member="Samka Derith"]

[member="Connor Harrison"] | [member="Joza Perl"] | [member="Halle Ren"] | [member="Zmej Ren"] | [member="Ara Ren"] | [member="Alkor Centaris"]

Alkor laid on his side with wide eyes, peering through depths toward something. For a moment, the light faded rapidly. It twisted and became faint as it slipped away. Something else called gently to it, and he shivered. The warmth seared his frigid spirit, and his mortal form recoiled. Violently, his senses pulled away, the darkness built up in the last few hours ready now to burst.

His heart pumped, faster and faster, primal horror at the very existence of his natural enemy. Kindness, caring, warmth, and love caused his arms to fidget in supreme discomfort as two healers hurried over to tie him down. "Death," he repeated the word, now more urgent. "I sensed it, I sensed..."

"Shhhhh..." one of the two doctors hushed him, fixing his body with restraints. "We can't heal you like this."

Alkor let out a cry, an agonized wail like his soul itself were ablaze. His breathing came down ragged, hurried, and his bodied tried desperately to keep up with the rigorous demands of his heart and lungs. "The light-" he spoke quickly, instinct over intellect, "anything but the light!"

He kicked, screamed, and thrashed like a child in spite of the sedative- until a much healthier dose was administered, quite promptly, and his body spasmed for several moments longer.

"We can't heal this one lucid," one of the doctors confirmed. "He's delirious."

[member="Joza Perl"]

Samka's eyes flashed dangerously as [member="Bethany Kismet"] rejected the demand. They flared in anger for a brief moment before returning to a cooler state. She cocked her head sideways, measuring the Jedi up. "The girl's life became yours to give the moment she tried to kill us under your banner. You have done us a great kindness in healing our wounds, I do not overlook that, but nor would I tolerate you harbouring a fugitive." Sam paused for a moment to gauge the woman's reaction.

"Thankfully we are speaking hypotheticals since you will save the girl in question," she said as she followed Bethany out of the room, throwing back a glance towards [member="Zmej Ren"] and [member="Halle Ren"] as if to say 'Behave'.

Walking through the halls was... uncomfortable. She was in more physical pain than she'd thought but it went beyond that. Things were just a bit too... clean. Too pure. They were hiding something, they had to be. But her suspicions were placed to one side when she heard a familiar voice calling out to her.

"Sam, I here!"

Samka smiled, an expression of... relief. Relief from a worry she didn't realise how hard she was repressing. "Excellent work," she nodded to Bethany as she entered the room where [member="Mishel Ren"] was held.

"Hello," she greeted her apprentice as her face cracked into a look of genuine warmth for a moment. It was only there for a fleeting second before vanishing, Sam was still cautious of revealing too much of herself to these Lotus Jedi. "I told you we'd all come home, this is why you should listen to me. We return as victors, the planet is ours."

But then she frowned. There was something not right here, beyond the trauma of whatever had happened on Mustafar. It wasn't her speech patterns that concerned Sam but her Aura. Something had changed. "Mishel," she reached up with an extended palm towards the taller girl. "How do you feel?" she asked as Sam's fingers ran along Mishel's forehead, a gentle caress brushing raven hair from her face. From the way she behaved, it was as though Sam could feel through the skull of the other Ren, to probe the thoughts and feelings within.

Halle Ren,
Monastery, Temple Interior

Halle heaves and snarls for a moment waiting for a battle that doesn't come, she waits for a long moment out of caution and finds some semblance of calm listening to Zmej. She feels the woman clasping at her free gauntlet, Halle's thumb depresses Anariel's ignition and the crimson blade retracts into its gold and ornate hilt. Anariel finds its place back on the belt around the young woman's waist and she pivots around over shoulder in boots and calmly places her hand on Zmej's shoulder blade with the other coming to guide her friend back into the mattress. "Be still sister, you are safe here amongst your family." Halle's lips let out a motherly 'ssssh' at the Ren. "You were injured in some sort of shuttle crash during the battle, we found you inside the wreckage." Both of Halle's hands find themselves clasping at Zmej's shoulder so to as to try and prevent Zmej from leaping out of bed and making good on her promise. "Those who have saved us may stand with the light like fools....But atleast they are noble fools to distinguish themselves from the idiots who serve the Galactic Alliance who at the best are deluded fools." Halle's lips crack into a white toothy smile at Zmej, in a conscious attempt to placate the obviously furious woman with a dark joke about her perspective on the Alliance's Jedi. "We will leave soon sister, but first we must ensure you are prepared to walk, I shall carry you out myself if necessary." Halle's eyes cast a glance back towards the doorframe where she'd stood earlier listening to the commotion down further. It had softened albeit there was distinct argument; Until people started screaming she'd remain here with Zmej as her charge.

[member="Kyrel Ren"] [member="Mishel Ren"] [member="Kaalia Voldaren"] [member="Ara Ren"] [member="Samka Derith"] [member="Zmej Ren"] [member="Hazel Zanteres"] [member="Connor Harrison"] [member="Bethany Kismet"]

Hazel Zanteres

"I'm just doing my job." Hazel offered a small, exhausted smile to [member="Kaalia Voldaren"] as the young woman thanked her. And with [member="Mishel Ren"]'s attention now diverted from her, Hazel could let out a breath of relief as the woman's Force presence around her eased away. With her grip on Mishel's hand gone, she just held them loosely together in front as she watched the two interact.

Hazel did raise a concerned eyebrow when Mishel suddenly spoken accusingly at her, but it was quickly dispersed when she realised the young woman's speech was messed up. She looked over at Kaalia who had a similiar look on her face. "Don't worry, it's just a minor side effect of what's happened to her. It'll go back to normal soon."

Her brow furrowed as she returned her attention to Mishel, and listened trying to decipher what she was saying.

How were you there? Ashira. Tygara. She had seen Hazel with a couple others, apparently an impossible feat?

Hazel quickly moved to Mishel's aid when she tried to sit up, knowing the young woman was likely to feel the pain and discomfort from her just recently operated on injuries. She had went to speak, only to pause when Mishel's fingers began to trace about her face.

She gave her a curious look, wondering what Mishel was looking for. "Yeah, I'm no spirit. I'm very much real."

For Hazel though, the woman's words began to stir memories in the Hapan, calling back to her days as a battle medic. There had supposedly been reports that the soldiers she had healed from near death had said they saw an angel that came to guide them from the veil. Always the ones she had cared for. It was what had brought about one of her titles from those years. The Healing Angel.

Her attention once again returned to Mishel when she saw her rather oddly patting herself down. She initially thought it strange, but then could feel it, as Mishel searched herself through the Force. Hazel wasn't sure how that was possible, but it did confirm her earlier suspisions that Mishel had truely been effected by her healing.

"Yeah." She began, her voice coming out more hushed than intended. "I think when I healed you, it changed something in you."

Hazel was certainly no expert when it came to understanding what the Force was capable of. That and this was the first time she had ever saved someone who had outright died seconds before.

She was certain though that there was something there now - a connection. Between herself and young Mishel.

When the door slide open again, Hazel looked up to see who had entered.

She gave [member="Bethany Kismet"] a look of reassurance, knowing the Jedi Master was likely concerned for her. Hazel couldn't help but smile at how happy Mishel seemed when she saw [member="Samka Derith"].

Hazel watched the two with interest, wondering what Samka was doing as she moved her hand. Fatigued in the Force she might be, but Hazel could tell with her eyes that something was going on. But she said nothing, and wasn't going to interject unless it was to do harm to her patient.

While the two conversed, Hazel took the time to grab a datapad and begin to silently scan Mishel - continuing the checkups she had been doing prior to her sudden awakening. Hazel paused though when something blipped up on the screen.

"If I may interrupt, I need to check a few things." She said, directed towards Samka. Hazel then turned to Mishel and she slipped back into Doctor Zanteres mode.

"Mishel, if you could please try moving your legs."

[member="Ara Ren"] | [member="Zmej Ren"] | [member="Halle Ren"] | [member="Calder Icehammer"] | [member="Connor Harrison"] | [member="Joza Perl"] | [member="Alkor Centaris"]

Safe? Zmej did not feel safe. Not when surrounded by ideological enemies, most likely within their territory as well, wounded and in pain, lacking both lightsaber and armour, unsure of what the future held in store. Perhaps she should have died in Vader’s castle, a good way to go by her standards – being rescued by the very same religion she had sworn to wipe out only fuelled the woman’s drive to extinguish the Jedi flame once and for all. A firm believer strength and ruthlessness always prevailed, she saw the very concept of aiding the enemy a disgusting notion to be eradicated, hoping to spit their mercy right back into their face.

“They’re enemies.” The blonde muttered, feeling her jaw act strange; most likely another victim, suffering several blows.

Like an old person confined to a wheelchair, the blonde Ren made another meek attempt at sitting up, obviously not discouraged by Halle’s tries to keep her in the bed. Leaning against the wall with her good arm, she pushed herself up, eventually managing to achieve a sitting position. It hurt, but she did not relent, still that stubborn, uncompromising warrior everyone knew her as. Resting her head against the wall, Zmej stopped, and for a moment it looked like the young Hand of the Supreme Leader lost her will to continue. Indeed; Zmej’s expression displayed infinite sadness, yellow orbs lost their sharp edge and became watery eyes of a broken, defeated girl. Deep breaths followed, gaze observing nothing in particular, swollen lips particularly apparent.

“I’m a Jedi killer, Halle,” reminded the agent leniently, “There are only two kinds of Jedi – those who convert and those who have no right to exist.”

Death or accepting the Ren ways and swearing fealty to the Supreme Leader – there was no third option. She would offer them no alternative, albeit forcing a Jedi to forego their tenets was just as effective at killing the religion as a blaster bolt in the back of the head.

Her sight found Halle again, watching the armoured Ren's lightsaber before moving up, briefly addressing her face and shifting over to the others.

"No rogue Force users allowed. It will happen sooner or later. I'd just prefer to solve this infestation before it grows."

[member="Halle Ren"]

Mishel Kryze

M
Mishel fell into Sam's warmth even thought it was gone just as fast as it had arrived. She focused on Sam's words first and then turned to Hazel, medication was taking a toll. It was hard to focus and she squeezed [member="Kaalia Voldaren"]'s shoulder tightly while her free hand fell to the bed rail. The brunette shut her eyes a moment and then opened them and slowly she answered, trying her best to put the words in the correct order. "I fine feeling, feeling fine. No, no I not," frustration was on her face as her jaw clenched and she continued to bear down on Kaalia's shoulder trying so hard to get her mind to work right, "something wrong." Her attention went between Sam and then [member="Hazel Zanteres"], "not right I, no, no dark feeling - no dark." Her attention went back to focus on a spot on the wall. "Sam something not right, I." She managed but by the Force that took at least two minutes for her to get out in one go.

Sedatives were getting stronger, "leg, leg?" The vat-grown Ren questioned and looked down, she stared at her feet for a moment, her eyes shifted as she tried to move them again. "It not moving, no moving." Panic once more began to set in, only this time it would be countered by auras and medication. Her dark side aura had fleeted and whatever depth of darkness she had on Mustafar it was gone now. "Sam, Sam," she called as if the woman wasn't already there, and turned to her. In her eyes was a wild look of fear, and for the first time, the Knights of Ren would see Mishel's eyes for what they were. Hazel-green orbs that now desperately searched for answers, "Kaalia." She turned her head and she felt her body grow heavy and her eye lids, "no, not right, bad - bad, fix."
The medication won, and Mishel slumped against Kaalia's body as she had been too stubborn to lie back down on the bed.

[member="Bethany Kismet"] | [member="Samka Derith"]

"Well, that job you did was something I will never forget." Kaalia slowly calmed down as things settled, and she felt like she could finally breathe again. [member="Bethany Kismet"] entered the room with [member="Samka Derith"] in tow, and [member="Mishel Ren"] started leaning on the redhead's shoulder to look at the purple-haired Ren. Kaalia remained silent as the two conversed, letting the brunette use her as something to lean on. She turned her head as far she she could to face Samka without sabotaging Mishel's support, and acknowledged their arrival. "She's alive."

Kaalia's mind slowly cleared up, letting her link information together. Mishel's Force aura was different, the overwhelming Darkness that was once there no longer present. She mentioned this herself as well, as though she was disconnected from it. In addition, she recalled Hazel talking about something changing within the brunette as she healed her. It had to be connected. "Mishel, it's alright. We'll figure out what happened." Mishel still felt powerful in the Force, that had not changed and deep down, to Kaalia, it didn't matter whether she was in touch with the Light Side or Dark Side. Perhaps the other Ren thought differently, but that would have to be dealt with later. The brunette then mentioned her legs; it seemed she couldn't move them. It raised a great concern within the redhead, and turned to [member="Hazel Zanteres"]. "Do you know what's wrong? What's going on?" She forced herself to remain calm, but it was hard to do so. She went back to her lack of Darkness within her, but all Kaalia could do is be there for her as a known constant. "We'll figure it-" The brunette then lost conciousness, leaving her body to slump against hers. She calmly laid her back down on the bed and slowly backed off. "I'll leave you to check up on her, Hazel."

Kyrel stood impatiently resting his hands on his belt, his lightsaber dangled as he made sure he wasn't a threat, but that could hardly be proven especially if his murderous intent and rage could be felt so easily in the force. He however was far from calm, the Battle of Mustafar still had lingering effects on him, being attacked by the Lotus Guard, attacking the Firemane, being possessed by the long dead Sith Lord known as Darth Thaxsis, seeing the droid army of Darth Vader and facing off against the Jedi his rage was not settled, as he was mostly angry on how he was denied a kill. His black eyes were still a dark yellow haze that reflected his emotions.

He had enough respect however not to kill anyone within this place, as he could barely tolerate them even at this moment, but who could blame him he was attacked by a Jedi that had the same symbol as them, and so he was perfectly justified in wanting revenge to sate his rage, it was the way of the Dark Side was it not. However the Supreme Leader would not agree with such things, as yes anger and rage were all nessecary if one were to follow the dark side, but Kyrel shouldn't focus on the Order of the Sacred Lotus. He should focus on the New Jedi Order as soon he would see their temples destroyed and their order scattered and divided if not all dead they would be turned and made to serve the Supreme Leader showing them the true nature of the force. As Vader had shown him the Sith were doomed and now it was soon time for the Ren to become heirs in wielding the dark side and tipping the scales in the balance of the force.

He stood silently, his eerie mechanical breathing clearly being heard all throughout the room, he eyed a new comer across a Zeltron [member="Joza Perl"] he turned to meet her gaze, his black lenses gazing into her eyes, giving her an icy stare if she was making a move to challenge him, by all means he wouldn't stop her in fact he was itching for it, but he would respect [member="Samka Derith"]'s wishes as during the mission his fellow Knight who was the most experienced of them all embodied the will of the Supreme Leader, that and she had earned his respect, that was why he had saved her during the battle because some small part had grown fond of the young lady and would follow her anywhere. He watched as she stepped out, his enhanced ear drums picked up on how she wanted to detain him, his anger slowly boiled but did his best to remain calm as that would be begging for her to make a move regardless he would stay here along with his fellow Ren, while others would check on the Abomination.

[member="Kaalia Voldaren"] [member="Mishel Ren"] [member="Zmej Ren"] [member="Halle Ren"] [member="Bethany Kismet"] [member="Connor Harrison"]

"Shh, shh, shh, shhhh," Sam hushed [member="Mishel Ren"], keeping her fingers tracing the teenager's forehead. "No need to panic, you're quite safe, I'm here after all, and we're going to have you back to normal in no time. Now please relax," her tone was as comforting as the young Ren could make it. She still wasn't comfortable with these sorts of niceities of support but Sam felt she was getting better at them.

There was indeed something wrong with her Aura. Her burning passion had relented, replaced by a feeling of tranquillity, the kind the light used to strip people of their emotions, reducing them to something worse than droids.

She watched as Mishel slumped onto the shoulder of [member="Kaalia Voldaren"]. She locked eyes with the red haired Ren, wondering if they shared the same concerns but there was nothing in the Knight's eyes to suggest as much. She watched Kaalia rest Mishel back on the bed and then leave the room. Sam crossed her arms behind her back and starred at the slumbering girl. Her eyebrows furled and a million thoughts crossing her mind. At first she'd dismissed it as the feeling of the monastery or the doctors within it but no, there was no mistaking it now. The Light side of the Force had a foothold in her own apprentice. This should have been impossible for Mishel more than anyone else in their number. An essence of the Supreme Leader himself had been used in her creation, had been planted in her mind. He could not be overpowered like this, surely?

After a few agonising moments of tension, Samka opened her mouth once more to speak to the two doctors. "My colleague raised an excellent question," her voice was quiet but there was no mistaking the underlining anger beneath it. She turned her back on the Ren on the bed to face [member="Hazel Zanteres"] and [member="Bethany Kismet"]. "What. Did. You. Do?"

Hazel Zanteres

When [member="Mishel Ren"] had begun to mention the lack of dark, Hazel almost wanted to ease her panic - let her know it was fine. But she refrained from doing so, reminding herself of what she had silently observed about the young woman since she had awoken. She had likely been surrounded by it; a part of it even for years now especially being part of this 'Ren' group. So having to wake up to find it was gone; whether it was completely or just simply diminished, would be a startling discovery to say the least.

And internally, Hazel winced as her thoughts continued to tread the topic.

Because she knew this was her doing. Somehow; someway, her healing had caused this shift in Mishel. And it felt like a punch to the stomach for Hazel that she had caused this distress for the young woman.

That didn't go away until Mishel finally seemed to fall asleep, and both [member="Kaalia Voldaren"] and [member="Samka Derith"] began asking questions; the latter with an obvious anger in her voice.

"It's the sedatives induced at the end of the operation. It seems that given the situation Mishel was in, they've only just now been able to kick in." With Kaalia backing from the bed, Hazel moved back to the bedside and began preparations to scan her again. "The reason she can't feel her legs, is I believe a consequence of the fact she died and was brought back to life." Hazel paused, looking up from her datapad to directly address the two female Ren.

"You see the brain doesn't die when the heart stops beating. It happens shortly after - over the matter of minutes even, but the point is that the brain is deprived of oxygen and starts shutting down immediately. It's what causes the patient to suffer brain damage if they're successfully resuscitated after those minutes have passed. In Mishel's case however, she was brought back with a combination of that and healing before the first minute could tick over. Which ultimately means, that her paralysis in her lower body should be temporary."

She took a minute or so to finish her preparations for the full body scan. Hazel exhaled briefly, her expression became impassive and professional moments before she started the process.

And she was immediately glad she did, because internally she was shocked at what she was reading from her datapad.

Reproductive organs show signs of operated on, obvious indications of sterilization.

Clear indicators of stunted growth in particular areas, signs of it not being caused by a natural deformity. Other areas show signs of growth being forcefully induced - palpitations of the hearts being a consequence of it.

Scans of the brain show signs of tampering. Amongst its normality was a web or something, of which the scanner couldn't accurate pick up. To Hazel it looked like the web had several more webs placed around it. As if it had been hotwired for some purpose.

That's probably the reason why she can't speak properly...

Who? What? Why? So many questions were running through Hazel's mind right now, though externally she remained steadfast in her impassive expression. With seeing all this, Hazel felt like this was wrong, not that what had been done to Mishel wasn't - as it obvious was. But it was more because she wasn't suppose to be seeing this. She knew this wasn't meant to be seen by anyone. Hazel felt a sense of danger creeping down the back of her neck, so much so that with a quick flick of her finger she erased the scans and all its data completely from the datapad. Aside from one particular scan, the one she had initially been looking for. And she could scan Mishel again if need be, but at this point what had been on that screen was now burned into the doctor's mind.

With a deep breath, Hazel looked up at those present in the room; mainly Kaalia and Samka, though her eyes briefly fell on [member="Bethany Kismet"] and gave her a quick look that simply stated they needed a talk once the two of them were alone. "It's as I suspected, the scan has picked up what's wrong with Mishel's spinal cord. With the combination of that, and the blast to the back she suffered from on Mustafar - it's done enough damage that it's essentially cut off the nerves from reaching her lower body. I can think of a number of solutions, more operations, maybe some tech to help reconnect it...but it does mean Mishel won't leaving Monastery for a while longer."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom