Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[OSL] Ancient Circles

PGaX8Zt.jpg

M O N A S T E R Y
Temple of the Sacred Circle

OOC notes, all read:
Welcome! This is a DMed thread specifically for OSL Students and Padawans. I will post what occurs as you find things, and challenge all of you to solve problems with, or without, the Force, as is appropriate for your character. I encourage you to take the reigns and describe what you are seeing and what is going on around you- though this thread is DMed *you* can still create your own narrative within it and I will incorporate that into my DM posts. Other OSL members are more than welcome to join, but keep in mind that the focus here is for students and padawans. OSL Allies and Friends are also welcome to join, especially if you want to get some RP experience for your lower level character :)

​Once you have posted here, I will tag you in future posts.

[member="Elijah Henson"] [member="Alace T'Ran"] [member="Andy Khor"] [member="Elisea Korrado"] [member="Hal Terrano"] [member="Samara Raine"] [member="Electroheart"]

Over 800 years ago, Monastery had been home to a different order. The Order of the Sacred Circle had made their home here, turning their eyes upon the ring of debris surrounding the planet and finding truth held within it. Their history was, like so many things that happened before the Gulag Plague, largely lost to time and darkness. But they had left fertile ground for the Sacred Lotus to tread, if not mother, than certainly older sister to the order now building its home in Sanctuary.

The SLV Satori set down on the plain to the south of the ancient temple, all that was left of the Sacred Circle here on Monastery besides a legacy of oneness. Bethany Kismet, Jedi Master, had brought a number of the less experienced members of the Order with her today- though any who wished to explore had been welcome to join this expedition. They came with survey equipment, holocorders, and everything they needed to explore the ruins left behind so long ago.

Stepping out onto moss that had been untouched for centuries, Bethany smiled to herself as the others filed off of the ship. Some chatted in pairs, some laughed- others kept to themselves. Besides the work that the Order did across the galaxy, Bethany knew that so many of it's members had work to do in their own souls as well.

Perhaps some of them would find something here that would help them.

"Everyone, gather around," she called out as the last person disembarked.

"I know that everyone will be respectful of the ground we walk today," she said, her voice soft and yet still reaching every ear. She didn't tell them to be respectful- she simply had high expectations of the group with her.

"These were hallowed halls. I am not sure what, if anything, we'll find here after all of this time. Perhaps information. Perhaps relics. Perhaps simply just a certain peace within our own selves. We are not here to strip this temple of it's secrets, but to explore and preserve, both this location and any artefacts we may find within. I would strongly suggest that you pick a partner for your explorations," she glanced around, knowing if someone wanted to wander off by themselves, nothing she could say would stop them. She'd been a Padawan once herself, after all.

"Most of the temple lies on the ground level- I don't know if there is a way to reach the structure above, or indeed, if there is anything to find there. It wouldn't surprise me if there were lower levels of course, but please be careful. We don't know how sturdy all parts of the structure are. Everyone make sure your comms are keyed to the OSL channel, and we'll meet back at the temple entrance an hour before nightfall."

Fantasy_Temple_in_Atlantis_096104_.jpg

"I expect Hex take care of everything in my absence" Andy walked out of the ship with the opacity of the helmet visor glass. He was still tired from last night party he had being playing in. He stood up when the hangar door got open, as he was sleeping the entire trip. Now he extending his arms to the side, getting out of the ship and hearing the words from [member="Bethany Kismet"] "A partner? Well i got no problem with having a partner"

In an ancient temple, he could find new items or maybe a way to end his misery of only be able to use the force while listening to music. For now he was moving his neck left and right looking for someone who he knew, until he sighted Alace and raised an arm to salute her "Hi there, didnt saw you on the ride here. Wanna team up?"

@Alace T´Ran

Alace T'Ran

One With The Force; The Force Is With Her
Alace sat down meditating when she left the ship. These were sacred grounds and she thought it would be best to pay respect before she would invade and investigate lies within them. She wouldn't want to simply walk into them as that would be terribly rude. She was soon interrupted from what she was doing by a man's voice. She slowly turned her head to see [member="Andy Khor"] ask her a question.

"Of course, I will join you." She said as she started standing up and walking towards the temple "Shall we?"

[member="Andy Khor"] [member="Bethany Kismet"]

Elisea Apollodor

E
It was breathtaking, all of it as far as Elisea was concerned. This was part of why she left home, why she exchanged the safety of Avalonia for the uncertainty that was the Sacred Lotus. Her sister Briala still called her a crazy woman for doing so, she didn't care. Well, she did - but not enough to go running back to Dosuun. Mandalore was an eye opener for sure, as was Hapes but this, this made it all worth it. Worth the trip from home, worth the credits, worth writing to the men and women back at home as to why they should support the Sacred Lotus. The First Order had been the bit of isolationist for quite some time at least until Castameer, and certainly after Eriadu. She would still hang her head in shame of such an event, even if it happened - six years ago now? The galaxy wouldn't let them forget, and now that they were at with the Alliance... Seeing the Temple of the Sacred Circle. Eased, eased it all away there was a peace here or so she felt anyway.

Elisea's mind turned the moment she heard [member="Bethany Kismet"]'s soft spoken voice. She listened intently doing her best to pick up every word the petite woman would say. Her word was law around these parts after all, and once the guidelines had been laid out. The Avalonian smiled and looked about her usual partner of [member="Valae Kitra"] was not here and thus it forced the woman out of her comfort zone. Which was good being forced out of one's comfort zone often provided growth, or so she thought. And so she looked about at the those among them in the group, having noted that [member="Alace T'Ran"] and [member="Andy Khor"] had paired off. Of course, she could wander about on her own, or she could, the brunette thought for a moment - actually, seek out a partner who was not Ms. Kitra and engage their person. As she looked about she noted a blonde she hadn't quite met before, although she recalled her - perhaps from the festival at Leonasa? Perhaps, Elisea hadn't stayed too long as she returned to Monastery to read a few books that had just come in. "Excuse me, would you mind it so terribly if I were to accompany you?" She asked [member="Samara Raine"], her accent still as thick as ever reminding those around her that was most certainly, an Imperial.

If Andy could scratch his head, he would do so. The way he took life as a force user, although it was pretty chill, in his own words, it was without any kind of discipline. Just him partying and being a DJ, delaying his training because of fear of what other could think about his affection. Although using music, one of the things he liked, as a means to get the best usage of force. Of course that would interfere with him using force senses or other abilities, except levitating, pushing and pulling. The basic, but not more.

He walked slowly, taking out the helmet to see everything with his own eyes "What a beautiful scenery" anything was better than stay in cities or being in a room with the dead space just outside. Refering to when travelling on a ship of course. He stopped once they were close to the entrance to the temple. All the place was pretty busted because of time and the nature "So...what are we going to do now?" it was the first time he was doing one of this meditation trips, so he would do a lot of asking

[member='Alace T'Ran']

When it raines, it pours.
Samara, the ever quiet one, stood with the other padawan learners as their teacher, [member="Bethany Kismet"], instructed them on the day's lesson. She was glad to have something to do since her own master, [member="Kahne Porte"], was off on one of his missions that the teenager was not invited to accompany him. Sometimes Samara felt that she was more a nuisance and or a burden to him than not, but that was just her inner self-doubt talking more than reality itself. She needed to continue have hope her inadequacies in the Force would be over come with sheer will and heart of soul.

When the Jedi Master was through with her detailed directions, individual padawans started to pair off to start their adventures in learning. Samara figured she'd just go off on her own as the teen usually did, but a friendly voice called out to her. Green eyes peered around to find [member="Elisea Korrado"] speaking to her. The dark-haired girl she had not met yet. Samara really hadn't tried to met anyone really. Introverted as the Voryzd V-born was, books and the people in them were more comfortable to be around.

"Accompany me? Erm No, I would not mind. You are welcome to join me, though I have not decided upon what to do yet. I am Samara Raine by the way," the honey blonde offered shyly to the curly top brunette. "Do you have a preference?"

[member="Andy Khor"] [member="Alace T'Ran"]

Alace T'Ran

Alace took a deep breath as she enjoyed the beautiful scenery before her. The blowing wind. The greenness of the grass. The shining sun. All of these factors made the area look even more beautiful to Alace than it already was. Even if the area was overgrown and starting to go to ruin, it still looked gorgeous to Alace. The liked it just the way it already was. Nothing in the galaxy could make it better. It was almost mesmerizing. As she made her way to the temple she stopped to smell some flowers. They smelled wonderful to her. Alace was simply happy to be here. She was so distracted that she almost didn't notice when she and [member="Andy Khor"] were at the entrance of the temple.

"I suppose we go into the temple and see what lies within." Alace said, responding to Andy.

[member="Samara Raine"] [member="Elisea Korrado"] [member="Bethany Kismet"]

Andy would lead the way, asking himself how does it felt to sense something using the force, because he couldnt at the time being. The entrance wasnt that big. Of course behind the alleged temple, he could see the enormous monument behind it,and so he asked if the jedis before helped to build this from nothing, levitating the materials and imbuing with force all the rooms. Passing the entrance, they reach a desert town. If they managed to pass through there, they could reach the temple in no time. That or find a way into the temple by a secret entrance in there.

The buildings had the ceilings fallen down. Nature were taking its place around and birds fly away because of their presence. It was the first time they saw humans "I dont think we are going to be attacked by road thiefs...i have a little faith in that" his hand approach at the hilt of his lightsaber on his belt. He could not be too cautious. Even if there were no civilized being that could be waiting for them, the wild life could be treacherous in there.

[member='Alace T'Ran'] [member="Bethany Kismet"] [member='Samara Raine']

Elisea Apollodor

E
Elisea with her hands clasped behind her back gave [member="Samara Raine"] a friendly smile and replied. "Not a'tall, simply being here is rather fulfilling in and of itself wouldn't you say?" Her gaze moved toward the temple. Even in its current state it was still a sight to behold. The native Avalonian often wondered if places like this existed, she had only read about them in the various books she owned. "Perhaps intuition should guide us, unless you have an idear on the sort of direction you wished to take. In which case I shall happily follow along."

"M'Names Elisea Korrado, if introductions are to be had," her attention drifted toward [member="Andy Khor"] and [member="Alace T'Ran"] but then it was focused back on the young girl before her. "Although I suspect it will make it much easier if we began to walk toward the temple, mhmm?" A wink followed the statement. Elisea took the first step, "one small step for Avalonia, and one giant step for librarians everywhere."

Elijah let out a pained groan as he slowly walked down the ship's ramp. He had spent most of his time after Elom cooped up in bed healing from his injury sustained during that time. So the moment he caught wind that [member="Bethany Kismet"] was taking the Padawans he certainly jumped at the chance to get out of Sanctuary.

Albeit it said jumping was more of a hobble when he was eventually allowed to leave.

So here he was, standing before what remained of the Order of the Sacred Circle. And Elijah couldn't help let out an impressed whistle as he took in the sight of the ruined temple. Over the years he had seen remnants of the past buried beneath war and conflict, but it was much rarer to find one that was simply taken over by nature itself.

Elijah stretched his sore limbs as he walked over to Bethany, grimacing slightly as he felt a strained pain across his chest. He listened intently to what she had to say, then watched as several of the other padawans paired themselves together. Ultimately he wasn't particularly fussed whether he joined up with someone or not, this would be a suitable escape for the time beging. Elijah did a quick check of his stuff, his blaster, dagger and flask were all situated on his belt. And he had his bag full of light supplies hoisted up over his right shoulder.

He gave Bethany a look and a small nod, indicating he was okay to proceed with this. While Hazel would've likely advised a few more days resting, Elijah wasn't the type to remain stationary for any longer than needed. Besides, after Elom it was clear he needed to improve - needed more training.

With that he made his way towards the temple, wondering just what exactly he'd encounter inside.

[member="Alace T'Ran"] | [member="Andy Khor"] | [member="Elisea Korrado"] | [member="Samara Raine"]

When it raines, it pours.
"Yes," the honey blonde smiled back in response to [member="Elisea Korrado"]'s question. "We are indeed most fortunate to have such an opportunity to study here. I am looking forward to it actually, maybe finding something useful amongst the temple ruins, perhaps tellings of the past to help us understand the present and possibilities of the future. I believe your idea of following our intuition would be a good start."

Samara was trying to convey the hopefulness that Master Porte always instilled in her. He was one to turn a negative into a positive even in the direst of moments, though of course this wasn't one of those times, far from it. Practice makes perfect the Naboo repeated often to her so in his absence the young padawan would be hopeful of an inspiring experience here today. Already the normally quiet and shy teen had surpassed the usual short worded sentences in her speech. For some reason she felt comfortable doing so.

"Well I suppose it would help if we got closer," Sam quipped lightly, then she strolled along side the brunette picking up on what the girl had said about librarians.

"Is that the path you want to take, being a Lore Keeper for the Order? It is something I have been thinking about as history is my favorite subject to study, which I tend to bore my master with endlessly." she chuckled softly.

[member="Elijah Henson"] [member="Andy Khor"] [member="Alace T'Ran"] [member="Bethany Kismet"]

Bethany watched as they all started to drift off. For now, she would stay here, just outside of the temple. If there *were* any problems, it would be best if she could respond quickly to any point, rather than risk being bogged down on the far end of the temple in case of an emergency. She settled down on the grass with a sigh, fingers sliding through the green as she got comfortable.

The main entrance to the temple was before them. Once large, double wooden doors would have closed off the main entry, but they had long since rotted away from the stone. Within was a grand antechamber- pale grey stone was slick with moss. The interior architecture was dominated by circles and half circles, sweeping lines and archways.

Light trickled in from above where the roof had given way in the last century or so, a large pile of rubble in the middle of the room from the cave in. One of the larger pieces had crashed through the floor itself, leaving a hole into the lower levels- presumably, one could find a way down in another place, but finding it might be a challenge.

A stone staircase led up to a second story gallery, rotted curtains obscuring any view of the upper level past that. Arching hallways curved to the left and right of the great antechamber. Somewhere to the left was the vague sound of trickling water.

OOC Notes:
Choose your path.
-Down Through the Hole in the Floor - there's no light outside of the ring from the floor above.
-Up to the Gallery - The edges of the stairs crumble beneath your feet, tread carefully.
-Left Corridor - The Floor is slick with water here, where is it coming from?
-Right Corridor - A line of stained glass windows obscure the sight of an inner courtyard.
-Try to Reach the Roof Using the Rubble Pile - Difficult, but not impossible, with the help of the Force.
-Other (Go around one side of the temple or the other, create your own scene, etc)

[member="Andy Khor"] & [member="Alace T'Ran"]
[member="Samara Raine"] & [member="Elisea Korrado"]
[member="Elijah Henson"]

If you haven't joined yet and would still like to, you may at any time!

Alace T'Ran

Alace stepped into the temple. This place was beautiful... Or at least it would be if this place wasn't in ruins. She examined the place closely to see what lied within. Everything she saw looked appealing to her. There were corridors, stairs, and a hole. She was curious as to where she should go to next. Alace quickly moved her head to the left when she heard a dripping sound coming from the corridor to the left of her. Without approval from [member="Andy Khor"], she left to investigate. One she got to the entrance to the corridor, she noticed a puddle on the ground. She knelt down to investigate closer. There seemed to be water coming from the corridor.

"Hey..." Alace said "I think I found something."

[member="Bethany Kismet"] [member="Samara Raine"] [member="Elijah Henson"] [member="Elisea Korrado"] [member="Andy Khor"]

Andy noticed too late that Alace entered to the temple he was trying to avoid because it made him anxious. But he had to follow her inside, and he couldnt do it without the helmet. He wore it, entering inside now with more confidence, scanning the area "Well" said moving his neck from side. He needed to give the old jedis a credit. Constructing this temple with every detail (the columns and the artistic design on the ceiling that showed the history of great feats managed by the jedis of old)

"Where there any musician jedis as me? Would be funny to find that out" thought before Alace calling for Andy, as she found something. Water coming from the corridor and forming a puddle where Alace was kneeling. His scan didnt showed any important data, from that. Andy took out his helmet once again, and felt a presence of somekind in that direction "Lead the way. We are a team so if anything happen i got your back" said the DJ

[member='Alace T'Ran'] [member='Bethany Kismet'] [member='Samara Raine'] [member='Elijah Henson'] [member='Elisea Korrado']

Elijah wasn't sure whether he was crazy, or if he was just doing this for the sake of it. But as entered the temple he immediately zoned in on the large hole in the floor. It was dark, there was no obvious sign of where it would lead to, and yet it was seemingly calling Elijah to investigate. There was probably some Jedi metaphor or something about not going down into the dark for the hell of it. Then again, Elijah was never one to turn away from something.

And he was prepared, taking the time to riffle through his bag and unpack the needed equipment. One of which was a portable torch that he clipped onto his belt, it would hopefully provide enough light for the journey down.

With that, Elijah began is slow descent, wincing slightly as the strained pain returned briefly.

[member="Alace T'Ran"] | [member="Andy Khor"] | [member="Elisea Korrado"] | [member="Samara Raine"] | [member="Bethany Kismet"]

[member="Alace T'Ran"] [member="Andy Khor"]

The sound of dripping water was slightly louder once they left the antechamber. The hallway curved around, the water clearly trickling down from somewhere ahead of them. Once they rounded the curve, the source of the rivulet traveling merrily across the floor became clear. A small leak had sprung from the wall- the wall?- and it was dribbling down from whatever reservoir of water must be on the other side.

A set of stairs curved up along the same wall. Sunlight streamed down from above where the ceiling had caved in half an age ago, but traversing the stairs looked to be possible if they were careful.

If they listened carefully, they could faintly hear something splashing on the other side of the wall and then a distressed whimper.

[member="Elijah Henson"]

As he descended, the light from his belt illuminated one detail at a time, changing view every time he rotated slightly. Just beneath his feet was the precarious pile of stones that had once been that part of the floor- he would need to be careful because they looked unstable.

The room beneath the temple that he descended into was enormous. Columns dotted the space, and it stretched far beyond the edge of his tiny light.

Elisea Apollodor

E
"Ah yes, it is the inquisitive nature that leads most," Elisea replied with a smile, "and the past always has something to say to us, something to teach us I gather." In her own pace, she walked toward the temple and as they approached her attention was caught by an array of colours. "A way to warn or show what they had learned so that the future might learn and be better for it. For if we do not learn from our past, then history I'm afraid is doomed to repeat itself." With her hands behind her back, she walked just as the summer-like breeze blew by and rustled along the blades of grass and through fabric. "Forgive me, I ramble - and yes you're absolutely correct there are so many possibilities here."

She quieted herself down just as she crossed the threshold and shifted her position to the right and looked down upon the ground a moment, "marvellous, simply marvellous." She wondered if her mother would've liked to have been here, to have seen such beauty and wonder. The native Avalonian perked up at the mention of lore keeper, "oh, I don't think so m'dear such things are left to those far greater than I." There was a bit of a shrug, "not sure what I'd do here aside from help when I can, it's a lovely place, Monastery." And then an idea cropped into her head as she moved into the right corridor. "Perhaps... Samara, yes? Perhaps you could be the Lore Keeper of our Order, and I'd be glad to entertain your talks of history." The brunette gave the blonde a reassuring smile and as she stepped into the right corridor she paused.

"And to see such wonders, is to see the cosmos for themselves."

[member="Samara Raine"] | [member="Bethany Kismet"]

Elijah let out a hiss of pain each time the right side of his abdomen would brush against something. It was probably idiotic to descend without any actual safety equipment, but then again there hadn't been an ideal places to set it up. So going basic was the only option, and it wasn't as though he was unfamiliar with doing so. There had been a number of SIS missions that had required similiar situations.

The still healing ribs however was something he could do without.

Especially as he tried to place a foot down on the loose pile of stones, only for them to give way almost immediately. Elijah grabbed tight as he slipped, his side being roughly dragged against the wall as he fell slightly.

"Karking damn it!" He hissed.

Not desiring to stay up here any longer, Elijah pushed on and finished his descent into the room below.

Elijah let out an impressed whistle, the sound carrying across the enormous space. Then he unclipped the torch from his belt and began slowly walking, carefully shifting the light around to see where he was going and what options were available.

[member="Bethany Kismet"]

[member="Bethany Kismet"]

A soft silvery bang brushed against her temple as she stepped up to the rest of the group and a look of annoyance spread across her face for a second as she tucked it back behind her ear. The stick in her hand clanked one last time against the rocky ground and the equipment on her back clanged its cumbersome clanking. She had sent her father a quick holocall before telling herself to go along on this trip and he had, if anything, urged her to do it saying that temples were under most circumstances one of the more peaceful and easier excavations or expeditions to attend, provided that they were not old ruins left by the Sith. Of course, he told her to be careful either way, but he certainly weighed his opinion on the matter and they both agreed that she had a lot to gain from this.

People started looking for partners and Nora remained stationary letting the others come to her. She had never been one to really work groups, or actually do much with others at all. That was not to say she was a heavy breathing creep sitting in the corner of the room who stared at those who passed her. No, she was most certainly social adept, she just wasn’t very likely to be the one to start conversation with those who stood outside of her circle and right now, well, that was everyone in the group.

Eventually enough time had passed for her to feel like it was a good idea to perhaps get moving inside. After all, there was not much to find for those who did not look. She shuffled the bag on her shoulders and adjusted the straps according to comfort before she withdrew a small pouch of empty vials from a third strap attached by the bottom of her pack. She gave them a quick count to make sure she had the right amount and sure enough there were eight of them in there for her to gather specimens with.

Specimens of what? Well, her father had not been all that clear, but he said it was always a good idea to pick up the things that seemed to be fun or interesting to study later. The only problem for Nora was that in this very moment just about everything seemed interesting to study. She bit her lower lip and held back a frown to contemplate her options.

Wait. Was that water?

That was water. Nora decided to follow up on it and headed in its direction. Water could mean life, life was most certainly something worth investigating. No matter how small. She paused for a second and tied the pouch of vials to her belt and ventured off.

What was that saying? Waters of life set your age to oh?

Wait, no, that was just something her dad had forced into her mind. Right. Difference.

The temple was nothing short of breathtaking. A peaceful place, completely different from anything Nylea had seen before. She saw the others quickly form pairs and drift off somewhere, but for now she would enjoy exploring the place in solitude. She kept the instructions to be careful and respectul to heart, making sure nothing would be disturbed while moving around. She absent-mindedly wandered towards a pile of rubble, which seemed climbable with enough effort. It seemed to lead up to the roof- perhaps a good place for meditation. She stood before it, taking in the seperate pieces that made up the pile.

The first step was easy enough. A fairly large piece of stone was a piece to use as the start of the climb, and now she saw three other pieces she could grab onto. The right piece looked the most sturdy, and she set her right foot onto it with some weight to check. Satisfied with the fact it stayed in place she lifted herself up, grabbing another piece of stone with her hands to make sure she didn't fall. The Echani had some trouble finding another piece to step on, forcing her to get creative. She let her left hand go of the piece of stone she was holding on to, and with a deep breath she let the Force move certain stones around to create a small crevice for her foot to wedge into. Small steps led her up, the roof her destination.

[member="Nora Lithos"] | [member="Elijah Henson"] | [member="Elisea Korrado"] | [member="Bethany Kismet"] | [member="Andy Khor"] | [member="Alace T'Ran"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom